• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Know Your Moves: Little Mac

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer

Youtube user Relax Alax has uploaded another video in his Know Your Moves series, which focuses on Little Mac. In this series, Alax analyzes and explains the design choices that go into each Smash 4 character's move-set. His latest video touches on the techniques of boxing, why Little Mac's stance is so important, and why being a 17 year old kid from the Bronx might make him naturally weaker than some of the cast.

If you are feint of heart, be warned: There is mild Amiibo abuse in this video (no real Little Macs were harmed in the making of this video).

Previous episodes of Alax's Know Your Moves videos can be found here. To keep up with his new releases, follow him on twitter @ RelaxAlax RelaxAlax !
Who would be the most interesting character to see next? Leave us a comment below, and maybe that character will be the star of Alax's next episode!

---​

DtJ Composer is technically an editor, but he decided not to be scared of articles and write one. If you want to let him know how he did, feel free to tell him on twitter @Th3Composer.

WwwWario

Smash Ace
Relax Alax always has good commentary, and always good editing. Love his work.

thegrovylekid

Smash Cadet
There's a part of me that wants this series to be called "Show me your moves" but that's probably just me.

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
I'm sad Li'l Mac isn't considered good, even now. I really want to play him because I like his character, and I feel like there's a chance that he'll be able to do good with him.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
WHY HE DO WITH THE AMIIBO!?

WHY YOU BRINGING PAIN IN MY HEART!!!

Next time relax alax need to put:

"No Amiibo were hurt during this video and edit on making this video"

Nice video after all and great analysis.

Splash Damage

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Grab_N_Go
I'm sad Li'l Mac isn't considered good, even now. I really want to play him because I like his character, and I feel like there's a chance that he'll be able to do good with him.
Mac is easily a tournament viable character, and no amount of player ignorance or mixed opinions is gonna change that. Play who you want and don't let scrubs tell you otherwise.

misterOWAIN33

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MR_FA1L
3DS FC
2294-5361-2433
WELL, AT LEAST THAT'S OVER NOW!
This means that there are no more bad For Glory Macs...right?
...plz?
:cry:

Great stuff. I actually have a friend who played a lot of Mac when the game first released, and he happens to be a boxer. He will probably like this video.
On an unrelated note, how do you make drop-through platforms that don't move on Stage Builder?

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
That Little Mac was thrown out the window 3, real, 2 story high, times. And that NFC MAY be broken, not sure....

:colorful:

Last edited:

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
SWEET MOTHER TERESA ON THE HOOD OF A MERSADES-BENZ!! YES!!! YEEEEESSSS!!!! JUSTICE FOR THE MAC! ULTIMATE JUSTICE FOR THE MAC ONCE AND FOR ALL!!! YES!!!!!

*amiibo scene*

NOOOOOOO!!!!! YOU DAMN FOOL, WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?!?! I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHY THERE'S A STOCK PROBLEM BECAUSE EVERYONE HATES MAC!!!!

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
SWEET MOTHER TERESA ON THE HOOD OF A MERSADES-BENZ!! YES!!! YEEEEESSSS!!!! JUSTICE FOR THE MAC! ULTIMATE JUSTICE FOR THE MAC ONCE AND FOR ALL!!! YES!!!!!

*amiibo scene*

NOOOOOOO!!!!! YOU DAMN FOOL, WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?!?! I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHY THERE'S A STOCK PROBLEM BECAUSE EVERYONE HATES MAC!!!!
I think you should spoiler that lol XD :p

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Been subscribed to this channel for half a year. Great to see him being recognized on here as well.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
It just goes to show how inspired all the newcomers have been this time around. Even something as small as movement animations can be design that way for specific reasons that call back to that character's identity.

Last edited:

PokÉmblem

Smash Apprentice
NNID
wolfvdc
3DS FC
4553-9960-0926
Relax Alax has always been one of the best youtube channels since he started.

Darrman

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darrman
3DS FC
4785-6377-6170
RIP Mac Amiibo, 2015-2015. Cause of death: Diddy proving himself stronger, causing owner to throw Mac out.

HFlash

Future Physician and Sm4sher
NNID
HFlash
Came for MU experience, got something even better. Very nice change of pace for character analysis, and interesting lore theory.

TheBlackLuffy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheBlackLuffy
Switch FC
8040 1413 9929
Great Video! Just goes to show how much depth is actually put into Sakurai's game developing.

Top Bottom