• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Know Your Moves: Diddy Kong

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
A lot of love goes into making Smash characters and many of their moves come from their games of origin. YouTuber RelaxAlax has been looking into how the characters are designed as they are in the Know Your Moves series. This time he takes a look at Diddy Kong, a character that it's easy to tell exactly how he feels about. Warning: this video contains strong language and intense amiibo abuse. Readers may watch and learn about Diddy Kong at their own peril!

Learn something interested about Diddy Kong? Enjoy the video? Let us know in the comments below and be sure to check out RelaxAlax on Youtube for more excellent Smash videos.

SmashCapps got some good laughs from the video and looks forward to the next. To keep up with his writing and all things Smash be sure to follow him on Twitter.

Xavix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xavix5
A very good Know your moves! It's always fun to poke some fun at the little guy, and its pretty informative about his design choices too!

Last edited:

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
These videos are so much better than that lame Smash History series The Game Theorists have, it makes me sad that it's the latter that gets so much more attention.

Powerman293

Smash Ace
These videos are so much better than that lame Smash History series The Game Theorists have, it makes me sad that it's the latter that gets so much more attention.
I feel Alax uses the medium of video much more and brings a level of analysis to the character Smash History doesn't. I think if you only read the script of an episode of Smash History, you wouldn't miss out on much. But if you only read the script of Know your Moves, I think you'd be missing out on a lot. Pacing, skits (like the one at the end of the video), visual gags, would all lack that punch on paper. Plus, any old smhuck could read the game origin of moves and inject personal opinion.

Himura Kenshin

Smash Journeyman
I had to read that first sentence a few times. They're not serious, right? They...they can't be serious.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
RelaxAlax is one of my favorite youtubers, he uploads a lot of smash 4 stuff despite not being as much of a fan of it over Melee and PM which does interest me on that account.

Wonder if he has interest in PM videos since I always wonder why he makes them on a game he isn't the biggest fan off, mostly just "competitive play isn't his cup of tea" as he put it.

Still love his videos.

HFlash

Future Physician and Sm4sher
NNID
HFlash
I love these videos. Give me an even bigger appreciation for the game I know and love. Keep em coming!

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
I wish Mat Pat was the one presenting the videos instead, he simply has more charisma when speaking.

Last edited:

Smash Ace
Amazing video as always! *Sees Ending* AMIIBO ABUSE IM REPORTING YOU TO THE POLICE

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
****ing nobody tagging me in this ****?

Also, gotta <3 all the hate, especially in the beginning.

Now all suck a nut

TriffHR

Smash Apprentice
Relax Alax is greatly unappreciated, but I see him gaining more subs which is a happy sight.

Gehis514

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 4004 9260 8249
Such a great youtuber, i do agree that this series a lot better than the smash history on the game theorists channel by a huge margin. Much more personality and it's funny, so that counts for something lol

Top Bottom