• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Klonoa DLC Support Thread: Dream Travelers Unite!

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I'm talking about STARTING CONSOLES. Pretty generally, Klonoa is said to be a PS kid since that's where he debuted and had several appearances. I believe they tried to get him in PSASBR over on the Playstation foums.
His first game was remade for the Wii and not playstation, even though it started there.
His GBA game is on the Wii U e-shop just a few weeks ago.

No credible source for PSASBR claim.

It's hard to tell honestly. I've been dealing with people on my youtube account that are whining to me about Pac-Man. (Probably because they knew i supported his inclusion)
Yeah, hopefully everyone here is happy Pac-Man made it in, I don't want flaming and such because Klonoa didn't make it. Pac-Man's just as good an addition as Klonoa, but everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
His first game was remade for the Wii and not playstation, even though it started there.
His GBA game is on the Wii U e-shop just a few weeks ago.

No credible source for PSASBR claim.
I'm pals with quite a few guys on the PS forums, especially one very respected member. So.... that's where I got that from.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Yeah, hopefully everyone here is happy Pac-Man made it in, I don't want flaming and such because Klonoa didn't make it. Pac-Man's just as good an addition as Klonoa, but everyone is entitled to their opinion.
There's also the chance the SFlag could still be an AT style item. So there's still the possibility that Klonoa could still get in WITH Lloyd and Heihachi. (NPCs but it's possible)

Last edited:

darkcat1

Smash Cadet
NNID
jmdavies1
3DS FC
0731-5847-1876
I'm talking about STARTING CONSOLES. Pretty generally, Klonoa is said to be a PS kid since that's where he debuted and had several appearances. I believe they tried to get him in PSASBR over on the Playstation foums.
There was a very long running series on GBA and the first of those is now on the Wii U VC. Also I count the 2008 Wii Remake as a good attempt at rebooting the franchise and the fact that Klonoa has appeared on a Nintendo console(in a redo of his first appearance no less). It was one of the better Wii games in my opinion...

ErenJager

Smash Champion
There's also the chance the SFlag could still be an AT style item. So there's still the possibility that Klonoa could still get in WITH Lloyd and Heihachi. (NPCs but it's possible)
Anything's possible, although it would seem Sakurai has a preference for retro Namco.
Here's to hoping.

CometX-ing

Smash Apprentice
I could cry for days over no Klonoa but I am fine with Pac-man, lets hope Klonoa at least gets to be an assist trophy.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Allow me to be delusional for a moment.

I'm still going to hang onto that small microscopic chance that Klonoa is put in Smash DLC because it's being made by Namco, there's a chance for some bias perhaps, although Sakurai said no special treatment, maybe he wont be closely involved in the DLC.
Perhaps he may even have a personal liking for the character, who knows?

But like I said, microscopic chance, grasping at straws, but it's my job as the OP.

I must keep the flame alive no matter how dim, and small.

I mean damn, if Toad can stay alive as Captain Toad, i'm gonna at least pretend Klonoa has a next to impossible chance.

CometX-ing

Smash Apprentice
Allow me to be delusional for a moment.

I'm still going to hang onto that small microscopic chance that Klonoa is put in Smash DLC because it's being made by Namco, there's a chance for some bias perhaps, although Sakurai said no special treatment, maybe he wont be closely involved in the DLC.
Perhaps he may even have a personal liking for the character, who knows?

But like I said, microscopic chance, grasping at straws, but it's my job as the OP.

I must keep the flame alive no matter how dim, and small.

I mean damn, if Toad can stay alive as Captain Toad, i'm gonna at least pretend Klonoa has a next to impossible chance.
Yeah this is pretty much my hope, to my knowledge no other smash has had anyone co deving. So it may be a small minut possibility they might get a second rep, here's to hoping.

DreamcastBoy99

Smash Cadet
NNID
DreamcastBoy99
3DS FC
1220-8501-2461
Umm...I wish Klonoa would get in,but all the 3rd party slots are filled. Maybe he'll be an S-Flag Character.

Pékaßlu

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0147-0376-7641
Im probably never going to play as pacman im so butthurt right now. :<

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
I would've picked Klonoa over Pac-Man any day...

He's very round, perfect for kick ball game, kick him hard with Fox's several smash moves.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I wonder if we'll see Klonoa's ring as an item, it would be pretty cool.
Or perhaps even a Klonoa assist trophy.

darkcat1

Smash Cadet
NNID
jmdavies1
3DS FC
0731-5847-1876
this is kinda funny guys and you can believe me or not. So I was at the first ever Southern Fried Gameroom Expo(convention) where the vice president of Namco USA was a guest. I started talking to one of the other arcade collectors and smash came up and I started talking about how I'd love to see Klonoa in smash. He side he liked the character and thought that might be a killer idea for a future game in the series. I did kinda make the comment "well it's probably too late now.." during the conversion but maybe I made a small impression....

DreamcastBoy99

Smash Cadet
NNID
DreamcastBoy99
3DS FC
1220-8501-2461
this is kinda funny guys and you can believe me or not. So I was at the first ever Southern Fried Gameroom Expo(convention) where the vice president of Namco USA was a guest. I started talking to one of the other arcade collectors and smash came up and I started talking about how I'd love to see Klonoa in smash. He side he liked the character and thought that might be a killer idea for a future game in the series. I did kinda make the comment "well it's probably too late now.." during the conversion but maybe I made a small impression....
If nintendo can bring Mega Man Volnutt back from the dead for being included in Mega Man's Final smash,then they can bring Klonoa back to life as at least an assist trophy.

NebulaVista

Smash Cadet
Wait, the VP of Namco USA said that?

darkcat1

Smash Cadet
NNID
jmdavies1
3DS FC
0731-5847-1876
Wait, the VP of Namco USA said that?
Something like it. He was the only Namco guy at this convention(plus being the first year ever it was fairly small but very well organized) and he was being a great guest passing out lanyards and bringing a guy in a cool Pac Man costume. His name is David Bishop and I just wana find his email and thank him for listening to my ideas even if they don't go anywhere. It is also possible he was just being nice from a PR standpoint as alot of execs are like that.

In my opinion the SSB4 roster has already been decided but there are a few things they are still hiding from us like some of the returning characters and a few assist trophies.

NebulaVista

Smash Cadet
Something like it. He was the only Namco guy at this convention(plus being the first year ever it was fairly small but very well organized) and he was being a great guest passing out lanyards and bringing a guy in a cool Pac Man costume. His name is David Bishop and I just wana find his email and thank him for listening to my ideas even if they don't go anywhere. It is also possible he was just being nice from a PR standpoint as alot of execs are like that.

In my opinion the SSB4 roster has already been decided but there are a few things they are still hiding from us like some of the returning characters and a few assist trophies.

I don't know what your entire conversation was like, so it's hard to tell if he was (as you said) being nice from a PR standpoint, but he sounds pretty cool. At least he expressed some kind of interest for a new Klonoa game (unless I got your words mixed up and he meant a new Smash game).

ErenJager

Smash Champion
In light of darkcat1's comment.

I feel it may still be important to continue support for Klonoa in the off chance of Namco doing character DLC, in which they feel inclined to include another Namco character due to their own bias.

Also with whatever Smash 5 is, Namco is making it, which could be an arcade version of smash, which may have more Namco characters in the spirit of arcade.

If we continue to support Klonoa and are vocal/ noticeable, god only knows if this site has any monitoring or influence by Nintendo/ Namco, i'm sure they do some sort of research by viewing fan sites. Regardless I feel it's important to stand by Klonoa to the bitter end. Even if it's only a small chance.

You look me straight in the eye and tell me Klonoa and his potential move set wouldn't fit perfectly in Smash.

And if anyone could be so kind as to edit/ shop the hand cannon pic so I can use it as an avatar that'd be really nice!
Or even taking all the pics and making a cool sig!

Last edited:

darkcat1

Smash Cadet
NNID
jmdavies1
3DS FC
0731-5847-1876
I'm not making this up but my memory is abit rusty so I can't quote this exactly. But it was something like this:

me(while mr. Bishop is just walking by scoping out the free play room full of pinballs): Pac is real nice and all but I like Klonoa

Mr. Bishop(sorta generic tone): Love Klonoa great character

Me: Well I kinda wanted to see him in smash but it's probably too late now

Mr. Bishop(now that's a killer idea tone...maybe abit over enthusiastic tho): That's a really good idea...next game! Next game for sure!

(Extra lines in there somewhere) Me: I just feel like Klonoa has alot of canonical moveset potential...I mean in one of the GBA games his wind ring turns into weapons

Now because my memory is rusty do not take this stuff as an exact quote...also a new Klonoa game would be awesome. Also like ErenJager siad we shouldn't give up trying to call attention to the character...he might be in smash 5 or 6 down the road.

Last edited:

darkcat1

Smash Cadet
NNID
jmdavies1
3DS FC
0731-5847-1876
Hi nubula. the bit on there is just me adding to the discussion:
Now because my memory is rusty do not take this stuff as an exact quote...also a new Klonoa game would be awesome. Also like ErenJager siad we shouldn't give up trying to call attention to the character...he might be in smash 5 or 6 down the road.
(all me)

NebulaVista

Smash Cadet
Hi nubula. the bit on there is just me adding to the discussion: (all me)
Alright, thanks for clearing that up.

I might also add that I agree with what you're saying, but I would much rather take a new game (or remake) over his inclusion in Smash.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Alright, thanks for clearing that up.

I might also add that I agree with what you're saying, but I would much rather take a new game (or remake) over his inclusion in Smash.
Why not both? ;)

EDIT:

As a side note, if any of the Klonoa fans in this thread could spread the word of this thread/ site to other Klonoa fan communities across the web it would be appreciated.

Such as:
http://klonoaforums.com/index/

even like Facebook pages and etc.

Thanks guys.

Last edited:

NebulaVista

Smash Cadet
With the reveal of one of Pac-Man's taunts featuring random Namco characters (even modern ones), do you think that Klonoa will be included as a part of that, or does it make him more/less likely to be an AT?

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
With the reveal of one of Pac-Man's taunts featuring random Namco characters (even modern ones), do you think that Klonoa will be included as a part of that, or does it make him more/less likely to be an AT?
Kind of hope the SFlag is an AT/Pokeball item. I want to see some namco characters actually doing more in the game than just appear over Pac-Man's hand. (Plus Klonoa and Heihachi both appearing during battle would be amazing to see.)

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Hey guys, according to this list, how would Klonoa's moveset be classified? (hybrid classes are possible):

Zoner - Character whose strength lies in forcing their opponent to stay in a certain area. Ex: :4marth:

Ranger - Character whose strength lies in their ranged attacks to force opponents to keep their distance. Ex: :4link:

Speedster - Character whose strength lies in their speed and ability to overwhelm their opponents with relentless attacks. Ex: :4pikachu:

Trickster - Character whose strength lies in a quirky moveset that is hard to predict and can alter the battle field. Ex: :4villager:

Bruiser - Character whose strength lies in devastating attacks to quickly finish off opponents. Ex: :4falcon:

Resistor - Character whose strength lies in super armor that allows them to tank hits to strike down opponents. Ex: :4bowser:

Puppeteer - Character whose strength lies in overwhelming opponents with relentless attacks stopping opponents from striking back. Strength in numbers. Ex: :rosalina:

Juggler - Character whose strength lies in being able to string combos together to finish off opponents. Ex: :4luigi:

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Alright so i've added a supporters section in the OP.
If you want in, just post saying you want on it, or pm, i'll get you on there eventually.

Also anyone bored or courageous enough to come up with move sets i'll feature them in the OP.

I've also updated the OP with a few images and information.

Last edited:

XionKai

Smash Cadet
I wonder, if He'll be in, Smash U/3DS, I would've like him, over Pac-Man.
but Idek, if It'll happen, or not.?
Count me, as a Supporter..? xD

Last edited:
Top Bottom