• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Klonoa DLC Support Thread: Dream Travelers Unite!

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
Post game content for Klonoa Wii includes a wardrobe with his old clothes. I highly doubt they'd leave them out in Smash.
Clothes, not design.
Is like saying we could have classic sonic as an alt, it wouldnt work the same way.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
It's a compromise in the sense that even though your not getting his old design, you can still have his old clothes.
Which is idk, feels like it's meeting people half way, that want the old design.
Better then nothing.

NebulaVista

Smash Cadet
It's a compromise in the sense that even though your not getting his old design, you can still have his old clothes.
Which is idk, feels like it's meeting people half way, that want the old design.
Better then nothing.

If he didn't have any alt costumes, and just one model with different colors, what design do you think they would pick?

NebulaVista

Smash Cadet
I don't know, his most recent appearance was the web comic, which has a slightly different look.

Last edited:

NebulaVista

Smash Cadet
Regardless of if you're predicting Klonoa or Pac-Man, that image is kind of a stretch for both sides.

NebulaVista

Smash Cadet
Well, due to Pac-Man getting in, I highly doubt that Klonoa is going to make it.

It was a good run while it lasted.

darkcat1

Smash Cadet
NNID
jmdavies1
3DS FC
0731-5847-1876
Well, due to Pac-Man getting in, I highly doubt that Klonoa is going to make it.

It was a good run while it lasted.
Yeah I know. The way they did pac man is like "Pac Man and his amazing arcade friends"(Rally X, Galaga, Galxlian, Dig Dug, ETC.)

Klonoa could stand on his own two feet without helpers.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Pac-Man has something that Klonoa could never fulfill.
Which is being a legendary icon, and completing the Sonic vs. Mario vs. Mega Man vs. Pac-Man.

Klonoa however would have had a moveset that would have required less creativity and ingenuity.
Come on Gargo Cannon inspired hand cannons!!! a Wind Bullet!!

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
1. People can prefer who that want. No need to be rude to each other.

2. Unfortunately, Klonoa is a niche character in the end of the day and barely anyone actually knows or remembers him. Which doesn't help at all when Pac-Man is still universally recognizable on the level of Mickey Mouse and Mario.

Last edited:

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Company Mascot > Character who started on Playstation

Plus, Klonoa likes Pac-Man. He'd be happy for his hero making it into Smash.
To be fair Pac-Man didn't start on Nintendo consoles either. I think he went to Atari consoles first.

None the less it's great to see Pac-Man in smash, and he's awesome.
I would have loved to have seen Klonoa in smash as well but unfortunately, that doesn't appear to be the case.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
To be fair Pac-Man didn't start on Nintendo consoles either. I think he went to Atari consoles first.

None the less it's great to see Pac-Man in smash, and he's awesome.
I would have loved to have seen Klonoa in smash as well but unfortunately, that doesn't appear to be the case.
Crusade. He's gonna be in Crusade's next demo.

Atari is practically dead too now though. Playstation is alive.

darkcat1

Smash Cadet
NNID
jmdavies1
3DS FC
0731-5847-1876
Pac-Man has something that Klonoa could never fulfill.
Which is being a legendary icon, and completing the Sonic vs. Mario vs. Mega Man vs. Pac-Man.

Klonoa however would have had a moveset that would have required less creativity and ingenuity.
Come on Gargo Cannon inspired hand cannons!!! a Wind Bullet!!
Exactly. just for discussions sake: from the trailers a big part of Pac Man's moveset is calling out his fellow namco arcade icons to attack for him or to use their powers. Everything from Galaga tractor beams to dig dug.

Klonoa doesn't need this kind of help so he's still better than pac in my opinion. When I saw pac I commented that I'd just found my new practice dummy

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Crusade. He's gonna be in Crusade's next demo.

Atari is practically dead too now though. Playstation is alive.
Pac-Man Ghostly adventures that came out recently went to Playstation and Microsoft.
And it means nothing for Pac-Man's inclusion.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Exactly. just for discussions sake: from the trailers a big part of Pac Man's moveset is calling out his fellow namco arcade icons to attack for him or to use their powers. Everything from Galaga tractor beams to dig dug.

Klonoa doesn't need this kind of help so he's still better than pac in my opinion. When I saw pac I commented that I'd just found my new practice dummy
And most the moveset is still his own moves. Saying he needs help is not an argument either.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
And most the moveset is still his own moves. Saying he needs help is not an argument either.
He's not saying it's a point for or against. (he's not making a point for argument)

He's simply pointing out that prior to Pac's inclusion if you were to look at the characters canonical move set potential from other games, Klonoa seemed more appealing. (In his opinion)

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Pac-Man Ghostly adventures that came out recently went to Playstation and Microsoft.
And it means nothing for Pac-Man's inclusion.
I'm talking about STARTING CONSOLES. Pretty generally, Klonoa is said to be a PS kid since that's where he debuted and had several appearances. I believe they tried to get him in PSASBR over on the Playstation foums.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
He's not saying it's a point for or against.

He's simply pointing out that prior to Pac's inclusion if you were to look at the characters canonical move set potential from other games, Klonoa seemed more appealing.
It's hard to tell honestly. I've been dealing with people on my youtube account that are whining to me about Pac-Man. (Probably because they knew i supported his inclusion)

Top Bottom