• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"King Funk's Castle III: Otaku Edition" - Genki... - August 30th, 2013 - Farum, Denmark

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
Hi everyone,

Recently I've had some bad news. It's no longer possible to stay overnight to stay at the venue that I used before. However, great news came up merely a few weeks later: the manager of Copenhagen's local arcade has gotten us, the Melee community, an opportunity to host our own tournament at the famous Genki Convention in Farum, located near Copenhagen. So the KFC series lives to see another awesome weekend. ;)

Games

SSBM and Project M

Tons of awesome things to do, games to play, people to meet! Take it as a unique experience!

When and where

http://genki.dk/

Time: 30th of August to 1st of September 2013
Place: Farum Arena
Adress: Stavnsholtvej 41, 3520 Farum

How to get there

TBA

Schedule

Friday: Project M singles
Saturday: Melee doubles, Melee singles
Sunday: Freeplay all day

Rules

Singles Stage List

Starters/Neutrals:
  • Yoshi’s Story
  • Fountain of Dreams
  • Battlefield
  • Final Destination
  • Dream Land
Counterpick:
  • Pokemon Stadium
Doubles Stage List
  • Yoshi’s Story
  • Pokemon Stadium
  • Battlefield
  • Final Destination
  • Dream Land
Stage Bans
  • For Best of 3 sets, each player gets 1 stage ban.
  • For Best of 5 sets and Best of 7 sets, there are no stage bans.
  • For Project M, in any kind of set, each player gets 2 stage bans.
Entry fees

Venue fee (incl. sleep) = 150 DKK
Melee doubles = 100 DKK per team
Melee singles = 50 DKK per person
Project M singles = 50 DKK per person

Total = 300 DKK per person for all events

1€ = 7.5 DKK

If you need to change money, don't be afraid to do so at the airport or train station, as the fees tend to be quite respectable.

WIDL

We Are Born
Interested. Have to see how the money situation is and how the schedule at school is first though.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
OK, I have to announce that I'm leaving for the UK/US for all of July so from now on I'm letting Kikki handle all that is KFC3 while I'm absent. He'll try and get as many details as possible for you guys. Will be back on the 1st of August and hopefully by then we'll already be set for everything.

kiw1

Smash Apprentice
is this event confirmed? i would like to book tickets asap :D

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
I'm sorry if I've been slow with the details. I'll be back from my trip on Thursday and will post info ASAP. And yes this is confirmed.

Tero.

Smash Champion
I consider going but this is on my first weekend after I move to sweden so I don't really know much about how to get there and who else might be interested in travelling together

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
My friend just asked me today if I wanted to go with him to Genki. If I decide on going, I'll definitely join you guys.

Edit: It's a done deal. I'm booking train tickets right now. I'll be there around lunch time on Thursday and stay until Monday afternoon. I'm staying at Genki's sleeping venue-thing Friday and Saturday night. My friend Stefan will arrive in Copenhagen close to Midnight on Thursday and and catch the same train as me home on Monday. He will also be staying at Genki's sleeping venue-thing Friday and Saturday night. So we need housing Thursday and Sunday night. Or at least tips on cheap and preferably at least tolerable hostels in Copenhagen.

But housing would be ideal. All we need is a place to store our luggage (not much, we're staying for the weekend, not a month) and some space to sleep (we're both used to sleeping in sleeping bags on the floor after years of convention/expo attendance. We basically just need a floor.). If you're able (and willing, obviously) to house two wayward Swedes, please email me at fallenangelii@hotmail.com because I rarely check Smashboards nowadays.

I consider going but this is on my first weekend after I move to sweden so I don't really know much about how to get there and who else might be interested in travelling together
If by Sweden you mean Stockholm, I'll be going to this from Stockholm. We could travel together. Train fare is pretty cheap right now. A total of 296 SEK for a return/trip if you choose the cheapest trips (you're also forced to travel on Wednesday and Monday instead of Thursday and Sunday). For train fare, go to SJ.se (type in Stockholm C and Köpenhamn C in the To and From fields. Copenhagen doesn't work för some reason). There's also Norwegian, a budget airline. A return-trip Stockholm - Copenhagen costs approximately 900 SEK with them at around the dates of this tournament. You'll have to pony up around 400 SEK extra for busrides to and from the airports, though.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
OK guys, just want to say. DO NOT BOOK TICKETS YET!

The current prices to enter the convention turned out to be absolutely ridiculous, and we are currently working to see if we negotiate lower prices. Please be patient, we should receive an answer soon enough. If this does turn out to be too expensive, I'll have to cancel to event.

Ørn

Smash Journeyman
The price issue should be fixed now (as is evident by the updated first post). You might want to hold out on buying tickets or anything until King Funk confirms, though.

Hoping to see a lot of people there. I'm itching to play Smash.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
Anyway guys, you can start booking! We have 20 spots for now but will open up to 32 if more interest is shown!

To sum up how it'll be:
- SSBM (saturday) and Project M (friday)
- 150 kr door fee and 150 kr entry fee for all tournaments (Melee singles and doubles + Project M singles)
- finals on a projector screen
- a sleeping hall and also showers for those of you that like good hygiene
- a minimum of 7 setups for Melee and P:M, tons of friendlies guaranteed
- other events at the convention include a cosplay contest, a video game gauntlet, tournaments for other games and all that good stuff

Let's goooooo!

Top Bottom