• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

Knux27

Smash Journeyman
Did anyone think we were going to get any MGS4 tracks in Brawl, I think that Raiden would be a good trophy thoughthough, would Ocelot or Metal Gear Ray be good ATs?
Having Ray in the background of Shadow Moses is enough. And we already have several assist trophies who run and shoot like Ocelot would.

Edit: I should have specified when I said MGRR and MGSV music. I don't see us getting the awesome vocal tracks.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'd think that Psycho Mantis would make for an interesting assist trophy, just for the comments about your save data alone.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
I'd think that Psycho Mantis would make for an interesting assist trophy, just for the comments about your save data alone.
Actually wanted Psycho Mantis to be playable at some point, but he'd be better as an assist.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
In regards to Kojima's status and Snake's potential return to Smash; I think the best course of action would be for Kojima to become President or Vice President of Konami. If he leaves Konami completely, it would mean bad things for Snake...:c

Plus, isn't Silent Hills still being worked on? He's involved in it...

Last edited:

Smoking_Hot_BBQ

Smash Apprentice
NNID
cvl257
3DS FC
4098-4726-7823
Actually wanted Psycho Mantis to be playable at some point, but he'd be better as an assist.
I feel like psycho mantis would have worked in a similar way as an assist trophy as skull did does in smash 4. I would love to see him used where he yells "BLACKOUT!" and the screen goes black, displaying HIDEO on a corner of the screen.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Oh jeez. Do you know how much that would scare me? Do I want to know what he says about your save data?
Any way. I want Snake in for two reasons.
1: I want to see all of the cut characters return.
2: Calling to the Night is so beautiful! I don't even care that it's a slow song in a smash game.
(Now if only I could put Fear not this Night from Guild Wars 2 in the game)

Twin Shot

Smash Journeyman
Kojima being gone doesn't make it impossible for Snake to come back, just less likely.

Kojima and Sakurai are links between the characters and games, without either, Snake's inclusion leans more on a "business" standpoint. Wherein, the companies and legalities dictate who will be in the game not their creators. Granted, this is just my perspective on the matter and in way I'm saying it's not possible - just a bit harder without that connection to do so.

I honestly don't see them cancelling any work that is DLC related that has ALREADY been planned or done for Smash and MGS5 promotion, wouldn't make sense. If Snake hasn't been started at all, I (the) Fear for the worst because lack of trolls.

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
Snake was my main next to Ike in Brawl; there were like the two bandana bros whenever I played with my brother. :c

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
See, I understand WHY they might cut Snake on the grounds of relationship to Nintendo. But gameplaywise I think it was a major mistake, and there is plenty of reason he should be added back. In my (our) opinion anyway.

It's truly frustrating. Snake is a big name video game character, he's had a good handful of games on Nintendo consoles, has already proved he has moveset potential...and they just didn't get him in the game. I mean, you could say that about a lot of characters, but to me Snake is a character that will be missed.

I am a lifelong Nintendo fan. Smash will always be Smash to me; it's my favorite series of all time I'd say. Snake not being in Smash 4 doesn't take away from the game to the point where I won't love it or play as my favorite characters. But it's missing something that would make me love it even more, and give me my old main back. It's unfortunate.

It'd be nice to know why he wasn't added though. It seems strange. If he wasn't in Brawl in the first place, I'd totally get it. But he's my boy now since Brawl led to me playing the entire series. So yeah, I'm butthurt.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I'll still hold on to some small hope, that even without Kojima, and maybe even without Sakurai, that someone at Nintendo really liked Snake in Brawl and sees that we really miss him. I just can't imagine that during development, someone at either Nintendo or Konami just straight up denied Snake's return. Why would Nintendo let him in once and then kick him out once he's already an established veteran? And why would Konami have any reason at all to not want Snake in, again, after already having him in?

Mewtwo is getting closer, and with him, possibly some kind of information on other DLC. I'll keep waiting.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
So, I wonder how that new metal gear game konami will be working on after the tpp will be.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Isn't Metal Gear Online a thing? Surely that'll have to be worked on even after Kojima jumps ship?

Incidentally, are Konami deliberately dropping Koji-san, or is he leaving of his own accord? I seem to recall a bit of vitriol there.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Otacon x Palutena OTP too stronk.

Guy with floating limbs eh? I can't think of anything for that Codec...
Snake: Otacon, this guy doesn't have any limbs! And he's moving!

Otacon: That's Rayman, Snake. He's a creature from the Glade Of Dreams, a magical place where fairies and other creatures live.

Snake: First angels, then demons, and now fairies? Please!

Otacon: Watch out for his punch, Snake. It goes far given his lack of arms!

Snake: What's next, him throwing his torso like a ball or his hair letting him fly?

Otacon: Um...he can actually do both, Snake.

Snake:...I'll be careful.

:snake:

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Is it already confirmed that kojima left, or is it still a rumor. I read on Kotaku that Konami was still employing kojima.

Sewnic

Smash Cadet
Given how MGSV is Kojima's final game in the series (in terms of having full creative control) and Smash 4 is Sakurai's "last" Smash Bros. game, I think it'd be fitting if the two shared one last hurrah by including Snake as Smash DLC. I hope Sakurai would do Kojima this one last gratis while he's at the helm of the series; Snake's second inclusion would certainly be a monument to their friendship, especially considering Kojima's current hardships at Konami.

All in all, it's legitimately disappointing to see such a unique character (:snake:) omitted entirely. Here's to hoping we'll see the man and his universe return in due time. Fighting with "Calling to the Night" playing in the background created such a mesmerizing ambiance, I'd be beyond ecstatic to let the legend come back to life to recapture those Brawl memories on Smash 4.

Snake at the end of Mewtwo's trailer would be *so* very fitting considering their shared characteristic...

Last edited:

Knux27

Smash Journeyman
Given how MGSV is Kojima's final game in the series (in terms of having full creative control) and Smash 4 is Sakurai's "last" Smash Bros. game, I think it'd be fitting if the two shared one last hurrah by including Snake as Smash DLC. I hope Sakurai would do Kojima this one last gratis while he's at the helm of the series; Snake's second inclusion would certainly be a monument to their friendship, especially considering Kojima's current hardships at Konami.

All in all, it's legitimately disappointing to see such a unique character (:snake:) omitted entirely. Here's to hoping we'll see the man and his universe return in due time. Fighting with "Calling to the Night" playing in the background created such a mesmerizing ambiance, I'd be beyond ecstatic to let the legend come back to life to recapture those Brawl memories on Smash 4.

Snake at the end of Mewtwo's trailer would be *so* very fitting considering their shared characteristic...
I actually had an idea for a trailer like this.

CGI, Lucario gets knocked back similar to Lucina, camera spans to Mewtwo, Mewtwo Strikes Back or other witty text appears next to Mewtwo. The Pokes proceed to fight in CGI, then a tranistion to gameplay footage. Mewtwo's moves are shown off, along with his Final Smash almost defeating Lucario. As Mewtwo goes in for the kill, a Nikita Missile hits Mewtwo. MGS ! is shown, camera moves to Snake, "Kept you waiting, huh?".

My thoughts that Snake would save Lucario would be Snake respecting Lucario after the pokemon found Snake in Subspace.

However, I like your idea too, with Snake and Mewtwo "sharing a bond".

Before I thought of the trailer idea I just typed out, I had this E3 DLC trailer vaguely in mind. It would have Snake leading the charge with other returning veterans to combat Mewtwo.

Sewnic

Smash Cadet
I actually had an idea for a trailer like this.

CGI, Lucario gets knocked back similar to Lucina, camera spans to Mewtwo, Mewtwo Strikes Back or other witty text appears next to Mewtwo. The Pokes proceed to fight in CGI, then a tranistion to gameplay footage. Mewtwo's moves are shown off, along with his Final Smash almost defeating Lucario. As Mewtwo goes in for the kill, a Nikita Missile hits Mewtwo. MGS ! is shown, camera moves to Snake, "Kept you waiting, huh?".

My thoughts that Snake would save Lucario would be Snake respecting Lucario after the pokemon found Snake in Subspace.

However, I like your idea too, with Snake and Mewtwo "sharing a bond".

Before I thought of the trailer idea I just typed out, I had this E3 DLC trailer vaguely in mind. It would have Snake leading the charge with other returning veterans to combat Mewtwo.
That's a pretty great scenario for a trailer -- I don't think I'll be able to imagine it as anything else! Snake saving Lucario is a neat throwback to the Subspace and is surprisingly deep through and through. So would your E3 trailer echo the trailer for Bowser Jr.'s?

On a side note, I just have a feeling that Nintendo is going to release DLC beyond Mewtwo, as made somewhat evident through their increasingly significant focus into the digital realm and their baby steps into embracing paid DLC within their IPs (Fire Emblem Awakening, Mario Kart 8). The opportunity to make millions of Smash fans/newcomers wholly satisfied as well as generating a steady profit doesn't hurt anyone at all.

Knux27

Smash Journeyman
That's a pretty great scenario for a trailer -- I don't think I'll be able to imagine it as anything else! Snake saving Lucario is a neat throwback to the Subspace and is surprisingly deep through and through. So would your E3 trailer echo the trailer for Bowser Jr.'s?

On a side note, I just have a feeling that Nintendo is going to release DLC beyond Mewtwo, as made somewhat evident through their increasingly significant focus into the digital realm and their baby steps into embracing paid DLC within their IPs (Fire Emblem Awakening, Mario Kart 8). The opportunity to make millions of Smash fans/newcomers wholly satisfied as well as generating a steady profit doesn't hurt anyone at all.
Yes, I was aiming for Bowser Jr. trailer in a sense with the E3 one, but didn't mention it because I am tired and couldn't think of how to describe it right now.

I agree, there is more DLC after Mewtwo, there has to be. It is a giant cash cow that will continue to produce profits, Smash DLC that is. Smash already rakes in millions in profit.

Come on Nintendo, give us an awesome trailer at E3 for Smash DLC. BTW, if Snake is in it, the trailer has to either begin or end with Hayter saying "Kept you waiting, huh?".

Knux27

Smash Journeyman
I feel like psycho mantis would have worked in a similar way as an assist trophy as skull did does in smash 4. I would love to see him used where he yells "BLACKOUT!" and the screen goes black, displaying HIDEO on a corner of the screen.
Sorry for the double post, but I just realized no one capitalized on something with Mantis. Mantis could easily read your save data from the activity log(I believe there is something like that on the Wii U). Imagine the comments about how much time you have wasted with him having access to how much time you have spent on a game. This assist could work like Resetti, which would be very annoying, but I would be much less annoyed at Psycho Mantis than I am by Resetti.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
This has probably been mentioned, but since Konami still owns the Metal Gear IP and the copyrights to Snake, I think there may still be hope for Snake DLC for smash even after Kojima leaves, I think. I could be wrong but it seems logical.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I know you guys want to see a "Kept You Waiting, Huh?" trailer happening, but just reminding that you guys should keep your expectations in check and not get overhyped. :)

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I know you guys want to see a "Kept You Waiting, Huh?" trailer happening, but just noting that you guys should keep your expectations in check. :)
Hope died a long time ago and the horse was beaten when Kojima was said to be leaving Konami.

Doesn't mean we can't beg Sakurai to put Snake in there can't be some small hope that Sakurai wanted Snake back too.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Kojima still wants Snake in Smash. There's always a chance

Could someone please link me to an actual quote of Kojima himself saying his stance on Konami?

Knux27

Smash Journeyman
Hope died a long time ago and the horse was beaten when Kojima was said to be leaving Konami.

Doesn't mean we can't beg Sakurai to put Snake in there can't be some small hope that Sakurai wanted Snake back too.
I thought the horse was shot by Big Boss after defying all laws of gravity?

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
Bold indeed. I hope you're right.
I remember last year, in the Little Mac for Smash thread. A user said a day before the February 2014 direct that Little Mac would be revealed. Look what happened, so I felt to do the same.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Hoping for DLC besides Mewtwo, period.

Though Snake would be much better.

Last edited:
Top Bottom