• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

Sewnic

Smash Cadet

Well, this is a golden opportunity to band together and ask the man himself about Snake in Smash 4.

Last edited:

Twin Shot

Smash Journeyman

Well, this is a golden opportunity to band together and ask the man himself about Snake in Smash 4.
Anyone reach out and ask questions?

Maybe we can phrase it in covert ops fashion.

"I really liked your work in Smash Brothers Brawl, what was that experience like? Have you been contacted about working on the new game?"

If no one puts the question in, let me know and I can reach out.

Sewnic

Smash Cadet
I'll get on to it later today, for sure. Also, I say we should all comment on the video (if possible) and give each other thumbs up so that those questions will gain awareness and hopefully get chosen in the end.
----
I just thought of something: If Venom Snake were to be in Smash, how interesting would it be if his robotic arm enabled attribute changes similar to Shulk? If not that, I could definitely see so much potential for the arm... maybe it can be fired off as a projectile, Zadornov status.

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Hopefully one of our comments yongyea reads. We should get more people to ask smash bros related questions, like the smash reddit and what not.

Sewnic

Smash Cadet
Posted my question. Here's to hoping we can get some more questions in there by tomorrow and ultimately get our question(s) answered when the time comes.

KimKarsmashian

Smash Journeyman
Does YouTube allow links to specific comments? I want to thumbs up the comments but I can't find them.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Gotta love the community spirit~

Supposing Hayter did return with some sort of affirmation regarding future Smash work, how would you fine folk respond?

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux

Supposing Hayter did return with some sort of affirmation regarding future Smash work, how would you fine folk respond?
Smells like teen spirit.

On the odd chance that Hayter actually was working on Smash, he'd be under NDA and such questions are useless by default.

But if he were to throw out some hints... It'd be no one else but Snake, so massive Touhou hype party.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

Much like Xander with the Rayman leak, Hayter would be under NDA for such a thing.

Though if he acknowledged it...Jesus.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
It's the little 'Jingle' from the MGS1 intro when you turn on the game:
Kojima put this little Jingle in MGS1 as an Easter egg referencing his previous game (japan only) Police Naughts :3
Oh, that's neat.
Wish that was in twin snakes.

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
Count me in as a Snake supporter. He is my main in both Brawl and PM. He's by far my favorite smash character.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux

Here's a Snake card or whatever if anyone is interested. Can't wait to update this with his official render. If he would stop keeping us waiting.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Definitely eager to see if he can give us any insight on this, even just his past work with brawl. Although im not expecting much, im willing to bet he will just say that he doesnt know or was never contacted.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029

Here's a Snake card or whatever if anyone is interested. Can't wait to update this with his official render. If he would stop keeping us waiting.
Nice. I like how you fused both the Snakes together. If recommend adding more elements of Solid though, since only the headband and right eye read as Solid.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Nice. I like how you fused both the Snakes together. If recommend adding more elements of Solid though, since only the headband and right eye read as Solid.
I literally just took a render of Boss and flipped his left eye over his eyepatch. There's no way I could do any actual editing...

Still looks like Snake though, so it works for me.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
I literally just took a render of Boss and flipped his left eye over his eyepatch. There's no way I could do any actual editing...

Still looks like Snake though, so it works for me.
Good work regardless. I'd still like Snake's alts to be his various uniforms, such as MGS1, 2, 3, 4, PW, V. That way we have both Solid and BB.

Knux27

Smash Journeyman
So do you expect Snake to retain a similar moveset to Brawl or get a revamp?
I am expecting a similar moveset to Brawl. Maybe one or two moves changed, but I feel that it will actually stay the same as Brawls.

I am all for Snake piloting REX though as a Final Smash.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Yong didn't ask our smash question sadly. But other interesting ones were asked, Hayter is a cool guy!

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Just to play devil's advocate, but would they probably not just reuse the same clips from Brawl if Snake returned? Seems like our question may have been redundant either way, so nothing get discouraged about.

Unless they reintroduced Codec calls. In which case, yeah, there'd be a lot of new content to record.

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
So do you expect Snake to retain a similar moveset to Brawl or get a revamp?
I would like his tranq and for the c4 to not stick on yourself. Up-throw into c4 explosion is too fun. I like the whole concept of sticking c4 on the opponent.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Well, if Yong or someone ever announces a Q&A with Kojima, we gotta go in blazing and bring out all the guns.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
I don't know if this has been posted yet:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/17deELX3QVDofXksu8roKCl_kyREFSThygPSoEVT2eNs/viewform
If you want your voices heard for not just Snake, but for Smash DLC in general, this poll is your best source of action.
When you guys get done filling the poll out, I highly suggest all of you to post a link to this poll on other websites. Websites such as Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, MGS related websites, IGN, Gamespot, and My Nintendo News are good places to post this poll on. Heck, show this poll to those close to you. This poll ends at the end of March, so I recommend you guys to fill this poll out.
As for Snake, I would like to be counted as a supporter. I really miss him as a fighter, and I would love it if one day he could duke it out with Rayman.
That said, please spread the word about this poll and show your support for Smash DLC.
Thank you.

Knux27

Smash Journeyman
Also I hope there's an MGO beta, super hyped for that.
I doubt there will be a beta for MG03. However, I would love to play one.

So, who preordered TPP Day One Edition? I would love to have the PS4 collectors edition, but I'll have to settle for the PS3 Day 1 version.

Top Bottom