• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I recall the previous big announcement about MGSV being a chicken hat. As hilarious as that was, it makes me think that we shouldn't get our hopes too high about Wednesday's announcement.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
I recall the previous big announcement about MGSV being a chicken hat. As hilarious as that was, it makes me think that we shouldn't get our hopes too high about Wednesday's announcement.
Yeah in a way i feel the same, id hope for some great new info. But odds are higher we will see some random thing like kaz hair gel or another product kojima is pushing for phantom pain without actually pertaining to the game release itself.

EDIT: Actually i stand corrected apparently IGN goofed and the video slipped out early

Last edited:

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Is Phantom Pain for PS3 or PS4? Not that it would matter as my dad would never let my play it.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Yeah in a way i feel the same, id hope for some great new info. But odds are higher we will see some random thing like kaz hair gel or another product kojima is pushing for phantom pain without actually pertaining to the game release itself.

EDIT: Actually i stand corrected apparently IGN goofed and the video slipped out early

@ Scoliosis Jones Scoliosis Jones

Why September 1st, though? Seems kinda random to me.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
If this is accurate (who knows - it seems easy enough to fake), I'm glad we finally have a release date.

Knux27

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to post an update on MGSV, sorry in advance if I am not allowed to due to the rules.

MGSV: The Phantom Pain is set for a September 1st, 2015 release date.
There will be Standard Editions(All Platforms), Day 1 Editions(All Platforms) and Limited Collectors Editions(PS4/XBOX ONE)
Regular Edition

Day One Edition

Day 1 Edition” Content:

• MAP (Physical Version Only)
DLC items

• Adam-ska Special Handgun
  • Personal Ballistic Shield (Silver)
  • Cardboard Box (Wetland)
  • Fatigues (Blue Urban Snake Costume)
  • METAL GEAR ONLINE XP BOOST
    *Steam version will include the above DLC content at launch
Collector’s Edition

Collector’s Edition Content:

• Half Scale Replica of Snake’s Bionic Arm
  • Collectible SteelBook
  • Behind the Scenes Documentary & Trailers Blu-ray Disc
  • MAP
  • Exclusive Packaging
DLC items

WEAPON & SHIELD PACK

• Windurger S333 Combat Special Revolver
  • Maschinen Taktische Pistole 5 Weiss Special Handgun
  • Rasp Short-Barreled Shotgun Gold
  • Personal Ballistic Shield (Olive Drab)
  • Personal Ballistic Shield (White)
  • Personal Ballistic Shield (Gold)
CARDBOARD BOXES

• Cardboard Box (Rocky Terrain)
  • Cardboard Box (All-Purpose Dryland)
SNAKE COSTUMES

• Fatigues (Black Ocelot)
  • Fatigues (Gray Urban)
  • Fatigues (Blue Urban)
  • Fatigues (All-Purpose Dryland)
Other

• “VENOM SNAKE” Emblem
MGO BOOST

MGO Items

• Metal Gear Rex Helmet
  • AM MRS-4 GOLD Assault Rifle
  • WU S. PISTOL GOLD
-----------------------

Japan has a few different things in their collectors edition, like a full sized fake arm and a Snake action figure.

There is also a Collectors Edition MGSV The Phantom Pain PS4

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I'm going to post an update on MGSV, sorry in advance if I am not allowed to due to the rules.

There will be Standard Editions(All Platforms), Day 1 Editions(All Platforms) and Limited Collectors Editions(PS4/XBOX ONE)
Regular Edition

Day One Edition

Day 1 Edition” Content:

DLC items

Collector’s Edition

• Collectible SteelBook
  • MAP
  • Exclusive Packaging
DLC items

WEAPON & SHIELD PACK

CARDBOARD BOXES

SNAKE COSTUMES

• Fatigues (Gray Urban)
  • Fatigues (Blue Urban)
Other

• “VENOM SNAKE” Emblem
MGO BOOST

MGO Items

• Metal Gear Rex Helmet
  • WU S. PISTOL GOLD
-----------------------

Japan has a few different things in their collectors edition, like a full sized fake arm and a Snake action figure.

For a moment I thought that was Zadornov's hand in that image.

So the release is legit. Awesome.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Im buying that collectors edition, and the system if that one comes stateside. Cant wait!

----
oh and random video, but snake teaches self defense

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario

Regular Edition

Day One Edition

Day 1 Edition” Content:

DLC items

Collector’s Edition

• Collectible SteelBook
  • MAP
  • Exclusive Packaging
DLC items

WEAPON & SHIELD PACK

CARDBOARD BOXES

SNAKE COSTUMES

• Fatigues (Gray Urban)
  • Fatigues (Blue Urban)
Other

• “VENOM SNAKE” Emblem
MGO BOOST

MGO Items

• Metal Gear Rex Helmet
  • WU S. PISTOL GOLD
-----------------------

The collector's edition give you REx in MGO?! That's sick!

Knux27

Smash Journeyman
The collector's edition give you REx in MGO?! That's sick!
It will let you wear REX on your head in MGO3. You can't actually use it, but REX does strike fear into the hearts of his enemies, unlike Rays, which can only attempt to scare you until you fight one.

Twin Shot

Smash Journeyman
Def picking up the collectors Ed. Putting Z's Hand next to the Rising Lamp.

Since the Game is being Released in September, time is available for Snake to be implemented after Mewtwo (If they have not done so already).

Will be interesting to see if Keifer pops up in MKX at all (Cage is being rumored to be announced soon) because I would almost say if he doesn't Snake DLC will be a shoo in as we know Cheif Keefs did fighting game vocals.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I thought it was supposed to be the same arm in both cases.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Since the Game is being Released in September, time is available for Snake to be implemented after Mewtwo (If they have not done so already).

Will be interesting to see if Keifer pops up in MKX at all (Cage is being rumored to be announced soon) because I would almost say if he doesn't Snake DLC will be a shoo in as we know Cheif Keefs did fighting game vocals.
http://www.gamenguide.com/articles/...es-kiefer-sutherland-involvement-promises.htm

Ed Boon has denied Keifer's involvement in MKX, so this could be one of two things:

-Keifer mixed up a fighting game name.
-A lie in case Keifer accidentally spoiled anything.

What I find likely is that Keifer possibly confused Mortal Kombat for Injustice or something; but of course, what would benefit us is if Keifer mistook Mortal Kombat for Smash. However, I will say that Ed Boon is a magnificent teaser in this regard, so the Keifer denial thing could be a facade.

Regardless, let's hope that Keifer mistook Mortal Kombat for Smash for the time being, and that somewhere, in a recording studio, Sutherland is redubbing our favorite sneaking hero.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
As much as I'd love to believe the Keifer thing, it conflicts with the other theory of him voicing Big Boss and David secretly coming back to voice Solid Snake. Unless Solid gets swapped out completely for Naked in Smash, but I doubt it.

I'm content with believing that should we get more characters, Snake is as simple as Kojima asking again.

And he kind of already asked.

So come on, Sakurai.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
As much as I'd love to believe the Keifer thing, it conflicts with the other theory of him voicing Big Boss and David secretly coming back to voice Solid Snake. Unless Solid gets swapped out completely for Naked in Smash, but I doubt it.

I'm content with believing that should we get more characters, Snake is as simple as Kojima asking again.

So come on, Sakurai.
All it takes is fan demand.

Personally, when I think of Snake, and I think Nintendo, I don't think of a perfected match made in heaven. He's not the closest thing to a Nintendo All-Star, but that doesn't mean he can't come back or shouldn't be in Super Smash Bros. I think what originally happened, is that Kojima wanted Snake in Smash (we all know that story), and based on Snake being Snake, Sakurai added him. So Sakurai sees value in the character. However, I feel as if Sakurai might have seen it as a one time thing in Snake's case (which I think is silly). However, there's demand for Snake to come back, to the point where I would argue there isn't much of a downside.

Smash DLC is Smash DLC. People will buy it no matter what. If they added my most dreaded character I'd friggen buy it. People who may not like Snake would probably still get him. There's not much of any money to be lost, and Snake has things going for him that make him a big time video game character.

As we always talk about though, Snake should certainly come back. Frankly, we wouldn't be here if he wasn't in Brawl, and a lot of his Nintendo history comes from Smash.

COME ON SAKURAI. ADD. SNAKE. BACK. PLEASE!

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
The fact that he's a veteran means he has, bizarrely, more going for him than most potential newcomers.

Pretty hilarious when you think about it, but hey, I'm happy for his fans. :3

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029

So come on, Sakurai.
Probably not likely. Solid was already in Smash. It easier to make him work. If they were to change characters, there would need to be design changes to justify his spot on the roster, since it would do injustice to give Solid's moveset to Naked.

Or:

Alternate costumes would remove this issue entirely.

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
He said that many times before.

He recognizes that.

But I dunno.

Regardless, Konami might make them anyways.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
http://ca.ign.com/articles/2015/03/04/metal-gear-solid-5-the-phantom-pain-release-date-revealed

He said it in an interview with IGN that revealed the Phantom Pain's release date, saying that (since he's closed the circle, so to speak, as this game will show how Big Boss became the villain of the original Metal Gear games) even though the series might continue, this is likely his last Metal Gear game. (of course, I'm pretty sure he said that after MGS2 and 4, so who knows if that will stick)

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I don't buy the last game thing for a second.

Kojima's a liar who lies, after all. :troll:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Question:

Which, in your opinion, is the best Metal Gear? I'm curious as to how they're stacked up in the popular view. In my limited experience, they're all singularly superb.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Question:

Which, in your opinion, is the best Metal Gear? I'm curious as to how they're stacked up in the popular view. In my limited experience, they're all singularly superb.
1. The Twin Snakes
2. Snake Eater
3. Guns of the Patriots
4. Rising
5. Peace Walker

That's my top 5 anyway.

They're all phenomenal though.

Last edited:

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Question:

I would answer that quest if I was allowed TO PLAY MSG.

Twin Shot

Smash Journeyman
http://www.gamenguide.com/articles/...es-kiefer-sutherland-involvement-promises.htm

Ed Boon has denied Keifer's involvement in MKX, so this could be one of two things:

What I find likely is that Keifer possibly confused Mortal Kombat for Injustice or something; but of course, what would benefit us is if Keifer mistook Mortal Kombat for Smash. However, I will say that Ed Boon is a magnificent teaser in this regard, so the Keifer denial thing could be a facade.

Regardless, let's hope that Keifer mistook Mortal Kombat for Smash for the time being, and that somewhere, in a recording studio, Sutherland is redubbing our favorite sneaking hero.
My hope is that Keifer messed up the fighting games.

Mortal Kombat is probably the most well known fighting game in america mostly due to the controversy it draws. If Keifer was particularly unsure about which fighting game he voiced, could see him defaulting to that.

We know it happens as we already had the one Voice Actor confuse PSASBR with Smash.

Also would make sense for Snake to be swapped to Big Boss in this game if the DLC coincides with MGS5.

Don't see why they couldn't also pull an Alph and have BOTH Solid Snake and Big Boss in the game and just reuse Hayters Vocals from SSBB (if possible). Can totally see the same moveset working for both.

--------------------------

As Far as Zard's hand goes - I have no idea. Maybe he borrowed the tech or maybe he stole it after firing Peace. Will find out for certain!

-------------------------

Metal Gear Main Series Ranking:

Snake Eater
Metal Gear Solid (and Twin Snakes)
Peace Walker
Metal Gear Solid 4
Metal Gear Solid 2
Ground Zeroes

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
Question:

Not the most popular opinion, but I generally rank the main series MGS1=MGS4 <MGS2 <MGS3 <MGSPW. Outstanding series though.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Pfft. I doubt Konami would let go of their cash cow.

Last edited:

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Question:

For me im going to have to say MGS3 without a doubt. It is superb, with tons of character, atmosphere, and plenty of extras. Its also the most self contained story in the series, it works well on its own without any knowledge or past interaction with the other games, although having experienced those already only makes it that much better. The 60's espionage theme and music goes a long way as well.

----
As far as kojima's comments, yeah weve heard them a handful of times. It probably wont be his last, and even then he could still have a supervising role without being the director and still get away with saying he didnt make it in the way he did the previous games.

I hope if anything we at least get one more game from him, that stars the boss. But as for his next project i think he should either go full force into zone of the enders 3, a new botkai, or something completely new. Id like konami to let snake rest a bit after 5, but im not gonna hold my breath since i dont think they could survive as a company without MGS' cashflow. Id love to get more metal gear for sure, but not at the cost of the series becoming too annualized or oversaturated like many other high profile series have. Im sure the team could remake the msx games at some point without kojima, but even then i still get the feeling he wont be satisfied with a back seat.

Last edited:

Sewnic

Smash Cadet

While I can see Keifer mixing up the two games since he isn't too well-versed in the realm of video games, I can definitely see Boon covering up his tracks and keeping hush-hush on the matter. After going through some of Boon's tweets lately, it's amazing to read how much he teases things all without confirming them while toying around with the community. I guess we'll find out soon enough by the time MKX launches; Keifer's comments, as long as he intended Smash instead of MK, are the closest things we have to an actual confirmation on the matter. As fitting as Venom Snake would fit in MKX due to Phantom Pain's brutal and dark tone, I would much rather see the man (and Solid Snake as an alternate costume) return to Smash.
----
Side note: http://kotaku.com/a-list-of-times-hideo-kojima-has-said-hes-done-making-m-1689707939

I doubt Kojima is going to let go of the series anytime soon. Imagine letting go of your brainchild and handing it to someone else entirely, only for it to go down a completely different road you never envisioned it to. Wasn't that one of the reasons why he returned to make Solid 3?

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I doubt Kojima is going to let go of the series anytime soon. Imagine letting go of your brainchild and handing it to someone else entirely, only for it to go down a completely different road you never envisioned it to. Wasn't that one of the reasons why he returned to make Solid 3?
I bet Sakurai regrets letting go of Kirby.

Probably why he hasn't dropped Smash yet. As much as he "hates" sequels, losing your series is a far bigger mistake.

Top Bottom