• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I know. I was just pointing out Hayter's (attempted) involvement in the film. I believe that it was stated that the movie was going to using MGS1 storyline.
Was hoping for something new, maybe a non cannon story like ghost babel.
Not really sure how I feel about a movie, it obviously won't be the same as playing the game, but I'll still be first in line to see it,

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
It'd sure be odd to hear people talking about "Metal Gear Solid" with them not knowing a thing about the games.

So how have things been in here? I see there was some trouble while I was gone..

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
It'd sure be odd to hear people talking about "Metal Gear Solid" with them not knowing a thing about the games.

So how have things been in here? I see there was some trouble while I was gone..
Apparently. There was some guy who hated on Snake. I wish I was here to set him straight.

Knux27

Smash Journeyman
I know. I was just pointing out Hayter's (attempted) involvement in the film. I believe that it was stated that the movie was going to using MGS1 storyline.
I figured that you knew Hayter's story writing skills were by no means on par with Kojima's, regardless of how well Hayter might understand Metal Gear lore. My reaction was to hearing Hayter atempted a script. I probably shouldn't judge Hayter's script writing skills without seeing it.

I would love it if the actor who plays Snake just lip syncs and Hayter does Snake's vocals.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm finally gonna get an SD card for my 3DS on Friday.

Meaning I can finally buy MGS3D.

It'll be my first Metal Gear game.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Which reminds me, I do still want to get MGS 3D, is there any word on if it plays better on the New 3DS? Does the stick work?

I was waiting for Xenoblade 3D as well... Oh well, the more the merrier!

Knux27

Smash Journeyman
Which reminds me, I do still want to get MGS 3D, is there any word on if it plays better on the New 3DS? Does the stick work?

I was waiting for Xenoblade 3D as well... Oh well, the more the merrier!
To my knowledge, a patch hasn't been released on Snake Eater since it was released on the eShop(the patch fixed a "crashing" point in the game near the end of Snake Eater. I never had the problem)
It does work with the N3DS C Stick, and I can vouch for the CPP being reliable on the original 3DS'.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Can we all agree that if there turns out to be a new MGS game on Wii U, that Snake has an exponential boost in chances maybe? (Please Nintendo? PLEASE)

Knux27

Smash Journeyman
Can we all agree that if there turns out to be a new MGS game on Wii U, that Snake has an exponential boost in chances maybe? (Please Nintendo? PLEASE)
I don't see why there would be any opposition to your reasoning. Not any logical opposition anyway.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I don't see why there would be any opposition to your reasoning. Not any logical opposition anyway.
You'd be surprised...

"You can't measure chances!"
"Yeah right! Snake doesn't fit! No game would help his chances!"
"A game release doesn't help! Majora's Mask 3D didn't help Young Link!"

Yeah. Pretty much.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
:4tlink:"Young" Link is already in the game in everything but name. Toon Link certainly isn't old, is he?

Nintendo isn't really the one to ask about an MGS game on the Wii U, but I'm sure Kojima will do something once MGSV is done.

He did say that he wanted to utilize the Gamepad in a unique way, rather than just porting the game.

Whether or not that would affect Snake getting into Smash, well...

I'm personally confident that should we get more DLC past Mewtwo, Snake coming back is as simple as Kojima asking again.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
So I realized what I want to most from Snake if when he returns to Smash. I want to see his Screen KO. That would be hilarious.

Knux27

Smash Journeyman
You'd be surprised...

"You can't measure chances!"
"Yeah right! Snake doesn't fit! No game would help his chances!"
"A game release doesn't help! Majora's Mask 3D didn't help Young Link!"

Yeah. Pretty much.
Like I said, no logical opposition.

Knux27

Smash Journeyman
So, since I sorta killed the thread discussion, I'll ask a question.

What got you hooked on Metal Gear or Snake in Brawl?

For me, the Snake Eater 3D demo got me hooked. I spent hours replaying that demo, I believe I had 20 hours in it and almost no uses left on the demo. I got hooked on the stealth gameplay, and took probably too much pleasure in using a Sniper Rifle to destroy the guards radios, not headshots.

My favorite Snake memory in Brawl was anytime my friends and I were on a big stage, being able to spam Nikitas at a Smash Ball. We all played causal back then. I actually have changed my main in Brawl to Snake. I just can't willingly go back to Brawl Link at this point. Snake was my secondary, and when I played Brawl with friends over Valentines Day weekend, I won every match I played, and only used Snake that night(with the exception of the time I was told my someone to show them my moves and was told I was too slow. I won both of those matches too).

I_hate_usernames

Smash Ace
I'm not actually a very big fan of the Metal Gear series.

But Smash Snake had so much charm and personality that I grew an immediate liking to him, one I tried out his move set I knew we were destined for great things together.

I mained him and never looked back!

Knux27

Smash Journeyman
I can't play brawl any more lol but PM snake is awesome, he also has a big boss alt! :3
I actually started to play Project M Snake, then stopped when I saw the different moveset. I wanted to have at least one good Brawler I could play in Brawl and then later in Smash 4 if when Snake is confirmed as DLC. Project M, I have plenty of characters I can play as.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
While I had heard of Metal Gear when Smash Bros. Brawl was announced (mainly due to articles about the Game Boy game and the Twin Snakes in Nintendo Power), I had never really looked into it before. My first experience with a stealth game was a demo of Splinter Cell for the Gamecube (it came with a disk that had demos for Viewtiful Joe and Billy Hatcher & the Giant Egg), and I hated it.

However, once Snake was announced, I looked up reviews and old Nintendo Power articles, and I decided that I might as well give the series a shot, so I ordered the Twin Snakes off of Amazon. After that, I was hooked, to the point where I bought the incredibly buggy PC version of Metal Gear Solid 2 just to get more of the story since I didn't (and still don't) have any Playstation systems.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
We had an Xbox when I was younger, and we all had our favourite games on it. My mother's all-time favourite game is MGS2, as she loves stealth-based games and tactical intrigue. She adored that game, riiiight up until the mind-**** of an ending that left her baffled and delirious. She still enjoyed it, though, and still makes ironic references to the story and its memetic nature every so often. My brother played Twin Snakes on the Gamecube years later, and I enjoyed watching it. I think I may get MGS3 3D for the 3DS at some point, it seems like it'd be right up my street.

I'm not really a huge Metal Gear fan, but I thought Snake was hilarious strange and immensely satisfying to play as in Brawl. The sheer weirdness of seeing this chiseled, ultra-manly action hero in a Nintendo all-star smash-a-thon was just too good to pass up and I loved messing about with him and his crazy 'splodey moveset. And his Codec conversations were stellar. Just a fun, wonderful character overall.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
@ Scoliosis Jones Scoliosis Jones I have a question to ask. Seeing as how you've set up a Twitter account in support of Snake, I've been thinking of doing the same thing for a character I want as DLC as well. What would you say are the best courses of action for such a Twitter account? I don't want to seem like I'm pestering anybody when promoting the desired character.

As for MGS, I'm probably gonna be burned at the stake for saying this: I've never actually played a MGS game, but I have watched walkthrough videos (since I'm not so financially well off) and I saw the commercial for the PS1 version back in the day. The gameplay that places emphasis on stealth looks fun, and I enjoy the stories and characters.

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
So, since I sorta killed the thread discussion, I'll ask a question.

What got you hooked on Metal Gear or Snake in Brawl?

For me, the Snake Eater 3D demo got me hooked. I spent hours replaying that demo, I believe I had 20 hours in it and almost no uses left on the demo. I got hooked on the stealth gameplay, and took probably too much pleasure in using a Sniper Rifle to destroy the guards radios, not headshots.

My favorite Snake memory in Brawl was anytime my friends and I were on a big stage, being able to spam Nikitas at a Smash Ball. We all played causal back then. I actually have changed my main in Brawl to Snake. I just can't willingly go back to Brawl Link at this point. Snake was my secondary, and when I played Brawl with friends over Valentines Day weekend, I won every match I played, and only used Snake that night(with the exception of the time I was told my someone to show them my moves and was told I was too slow. I won both of those matches too).
Snake's moveset was pretty cool. I tired him out and I liked the way it played.
My first Metal Gear game was ghost babel, which is amazing, I recommend anyone who is interested in metal gear play it.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
My mother's all-time favourite game is MGS2, as she loves stealth-based games and tactical intrigue. She adored that game, riiiight up until the mind-**** of an ending that left her baffled and delirious.
your mother is a gamer?

:halfsheep:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
We had an Xbox when I was younger, and we all had our favourite games on it. My mother's all-time favourite game is MGS2, as she loves stealth-based games and tactical intrigue. She adored that game, riiiight up until the mind-**** of an ending that left her baffled and delirious. She still enjoyed it, though, and still makes ironic references to the story and its memetic nature every so often. My brother played Twin Snakes on the Gamecube years later, and I enjoyed watching it. I think I may get MGS3 3D for the 3DS at some point, it seems like it'd be right up my street.

I'm not really a huge Metal Gear fan, but I thought Snake was hilarious strange and immensely satisfying to play as in Brawl. The sheer weirdness of seeing this chiseled, ultra-manly action hero in a Nintendo all-star smash-a-thon was just too good to pass up and I loved messing about with him and his crazy 'splodey moveset. And his Codec conversations were stellar. Just a fun, wonderful character overall.
I wish my mom was like yours. She strongly dislikes my gaming habit and puts limits on how long I play. And I'm 25. OTL

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
I actually started to play Project M Snake, then stopped when I saw the different moveset. I wanted to have at least one good Brawler I could play in Brawl and then later in Smash 4 if when Snake is confirmed as DLC. Project M, I have plenty of characters I can play as.
I like how his C4 stays on the enemy instead of the stupid sticky bomb physics, I also like the tranquilizer gun, I miss the RPG and Nikita tho

Knux27

Smash Journeyman
I like how his C4 stays on the enemy instead of the stupid sticky bomb physics, I also like the tranquilizer gun, I miss the RPG and Nikita tho
I think Snake's PM moveset is great, but I didn't want to get attached to that moveset since when Snake is added as DLC to Smash 4. I'd rather have a viable main in Brawl for if/when I play with friends in Brawl. And since Snake won't be using his Project M moveset, I don't want to be used to that moveset.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I bought MGS3D! :D

I'm just waiting for it to download.

But I left Wendy's... And I can't connect to the eshop with my college wifi. No idea how long I will need to wait.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
I bought MGS3D! :D

I'm just waiting for it to download.

But I left Wendy's... And I can't connect to the eshop with my college wifi. No idea how long I will need to wait.
Hope you enjoy it bro
-------
Anyway how have my snake faithful been around here? I saw i got tagged a while back, so to answer that yeah im still around, just at a more stealth like level then before.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I had a dream where Snake was confirmed.

His trailer was shown in some big city and a remix of "Theme of Solid Snake" was playing.

He looked and played just like his Brawl self. Just a bit brighter in color.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I had a dream where Snake was confirmed.

His trailer was shown in some big city and a remix of "Theme of Solid Snake" was playing.

He looked and played just like his Brawl self. Just a bit brighter in color.
I have this outlandish hope that they will hint at a cardboard box in a corner in a potential Mewtwo trailer. The hype levels...sweet Jesus.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I saw Sal Romano when I scrolled down and had flashbacks.

But release date hype!
I have this outlandish hope that they will hint at a cardboard box in a corner in a potential Mewtwo trailer. The hype levels...sweet Jesus.
Ever since Smash 4 was announced, I've been waiting for a cardboard box to show up somewhere.

They've kept me waiting...

Last edited:
Top Bottom