• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Guys! It's not Snake! Pit would have recognized him or Palutena or Viridi would have. he's is a living legend in the eyes that those who live on the battlefield. My Guess is either Rayman or a Prime! I know what your thinking what a Prime!?!?!?!!?!?!?! I know it probably doesn't make much sense why a Prime? Primes was creatures that you fought in Subspace Emissary. They did not bring Subspace back what better way to represent brawl would to add a character from Subspace! Think about it you have all these characters from other universes but we don't have a character from the SMASH BROTHERS Universe. I don't know im just spit balling here don't throw rocks at me or nukes it's just a theory a Game Theory

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Guys! It's not Snake! Pit would have recognized him or Palutena or Viridi would have. he's is a living legend in the eyes that those who live on the battlefield. My Guess is either Rayman or a Prime! I know what your thinking what a Prime!?!?!?!!?!?!?! I know it probably doesn't make much sense why a Prime? Primes was creatures that you fought in Subspace Emissary. They did not bring Subspace back what better way to represent brawl would to add a character from Subspace! Think about it you have all these characters from other universes but we don't have a character from the SMASH BROTHERS Universe. I don't know im just spit balling here don't throw rocks at me or nukes it's just a theory a Game Theory
Wouldn't pit know what a prime is? He's fought him in subspace. They make references to supspace in Guidance.

KoM

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ReiTsubomi
3DS FC
2638-0679-1408
Pit doesn't recognize Dedede, though. Might wanna calm down.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You mean Primid?

Besides Pit referenced Shadow Bugs, I think he'd remember them.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Wouldn't pit know what a prime is? He's fought him in subspace. They make references to supspace in Guidance.
The whole game makes references to Subspace. Smash Run on the 3DS version has a good chunk of the Subspace Army. And on the Wii U version, aside from assorted Guidances, R.O.B's Boxing Ring title is "The Last Of His Kind."

Subspace is canon.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
The whole game makes references to Subspace. Smash Run on the 3DS version has a good chunk of the Subspace Army. And on the Wii U version, aside from assorted Guidances, R.O.B's Boxing Ring title is "The Last Of His Kind."

Subspace is canon.
Subspace is canon in the Nintendo universe, which means Snake is canon in Nintendo as well! Snake is Nintendo!

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
I never mained Snake, but he was always one of the more fun opponents in the game to me, so you can count me in!

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
What about them :4mii::4miif::4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword:? They are all signed as Smash Brothers rep...

Twin Shot

Smash Journeyman
Think the Convo is just there for all DLC in the future.
I wouldn't look into it too much, honestly.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Nothing going on eh? Been pretty slow...

Well, I'm following the Snake and K. Rool Twitters with my shiny new account. Which is also a support account for Rayman /shameless advertisement

Almost 2015, I hope Mewtwo doesn't come out late spring..

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Nothing going on eh? Been pretty slow...

Well, I'm following the Snake and K. Rool Twitters with my shiny new account. Which is also a support account for Rayman /shameless advertisement

Almost 2015, I hope Mewtwo doesn't come out late spring..
Like how Smash3DS came out Late Summer? I'm predicting March-ish.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

Here's what the theme does:

-Changes the background to this image of Snake and The Boss, FOXHOUND logo down below.
-Plays Snake Eater(Instrumental) as background music(Brawl throwback?). Music resets when exiting an app or using HOME in the middle of an app.
-Changes sounds. Moving the cursor on the bottom plays the browsing sound from Metal Gear menus, selecting an app or game uses the Metal Gear selection sound. Browsing sound does not apply to Game Notes, Friends List, Notifications, Internet Browser or Miiverse icons.

Worth the 2 dollars(roughly in my currency) I spent on it.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029

-Changes the background to this image of Snake and The Boss, FOXHOUND logo down below.
-Plays Snake Eater(Instrumental) as background music(Brawl throwback?). Music resets when exiting an app or using HOME in the middle of an app.
-Changes sounds. Moving the cursor on the bottom plays the browsing sound from Metal Gear menus, selecting an app or game uses the Metal Gear selection sound. Browsing sound does not apply to Game Notes, Friends List, Notifications, Internet Browser or Miiverse icons.

I really loved this theme. I bought this and then my life was complete

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Oh sweet it's out in the U.S.!
Gonna pick it up if I get a 3ds.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Now I just need a New 3DS so I can actually get the theme! Nintendo...

Well I also need to somehow get my NNID off of my fried XL too... Damn it Nintendo.
Wait, the New 3DS is pretty much a new console, I wonder if I would be able to sign onto my account with it even though my dead XL is still using it...

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Now I just need a New 3DS so I can actually get the theme! Nintendo...

Well I also need to somehow get my NNID off of my fried XL too... Damn it Nintendo.
Wait, the New 3DS is pretty much a new console, I wonder if I would be able to sign onto my account with it even though my dead XL is still using it...
Yeah, no unified accounts is really a pain.

Selenite

Smash Cadet
My music selection for the Wii U has no limits!
3DS:

-Snake Eater
-Theme of Tara (Brawl)

Wii U:
-Encounter
-Mantis' Hymn
-Love Theme (Brawl/MGS4)
-Cavern (MGS1)
-Battle in the Base
-Heavens Divide (PW)
-PUPA (PW)
-REX vs RAY(MGS4)
-Koi no Yokushiryoku (Love Deterrence)
-Hot Wind Blowing
-Calling to the Night
-Zanzibar Breeze
-Level 1 Warning
-The Best is Yet To Come
-Python's Theme
-It Has to Be This Way
-Ascent
-Can't Say Goodbye To Yesterday

The Wii U is more then capable of including at least 20 songs for each stage. It might seem a bit much but most of the Video Game Franchises that appeared has that much awesome songs from their home series.

Considering Ness has been compared to Psycho Mantis by Snake himself in his codec calls it would be a big missed opportunity not have Mantis' Hymn playing while fighting Ness. Of course it wasn't included in Brawl so it's already been missed! I don't want that to happen again. :c
I'd add Jungle Infiltration (Snake's Revenge) to your list. It's my favorite track in the entire soundtrack.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
Good thing they didn't choose the vocal version of Snake Eater, i don't wanna sing along the song each time i turn on my 3DS.
i don't think that's going to stop me anyway

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
You traitor; our lives are not complete until Snake is put in this game.
My apologies. I recognize the sin of my words, and will rectify them with my actions. Please forgive me.

So I just watched Captain America: The Winter Soldier and that got be thinking: Who do you think would win a fight? Solid Snake or Captain America? Captain America has his typical uniform and shield, while Snake is armed with his move set from Brawl + H&K SOCOM. Snake is also 35 and not affected by FOXDIE. The battlefield is Shadow Moses.

Last edited:

W O N D E R

Smash Cadet
NNID
Wonderful102
3DS FC
1224-5125-5512
Snakes final smash should be teaming up with Raiden and, eh jesus knows what will happen.

I also have a feeling Snake is going to have some sort of meme besides "It's show time!" but I feel like one of Snake's taunts should be side taunt, where he says "It's show time!" similar to Shulk's "Now it's shulk time!" oh boy would I love to see shulk and snake both say that in the beginning of a match lol, his down taunt would be his codec, and his up taunt, his box.

Last edited:

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake

Im gonna get it very soon, heres a vid of it as well (the japanese version at least)

It also has a miiverse too, so theres that too. Although you cant post screens for whatever reason

the smash nerd

Smash Ace
NNID
Nick.s3dsWiFi2
3DS FC
0344-9996-3724
Your point? He is a gaming icon, that's what I was trying to say.You can get metal gear games on many platforms. The only two exclusives to Sony are mgs4 and portable ops.
No The exclusives to Sony are Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots and Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
No The exclusives to Sony are Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots and Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
You can get MGS2 on the Xbox,PC,and 360. That is not an exclusive.
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker is on 360. That is also not an exclusive
You should do more research before you try to make ludicrous claims like these. It's not that hard to go to MGS2 & Peace Walker's Wikipedia page and see what platforms it was released on, but you clearly show you lack the capability of doing so.

Last edited:
Top Bottom