• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

chuckthesmashlover

Smash Journeyman
I think Snake fits in the way that he adds more variety to the game. It makes sense to have a wide variety of characters that are all different.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
People want Rayman for the same reason.
I want Rayman because he's my second favorite character, among other reasons.

I don't care about Bomberman at all, and I want Snake almost as much as Rayman.

Different strokes for different blokes I guess.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Oh boy Snake supporters!!! I love you all!

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
This game makes so many allusions to Snake that it hurts.

Just give us Snake already so that the quote can make more sense. Palutena's Guidance is NOT a comm channel; that's telepathy or heavenly voices or whatever.
Yeah I think it's a reference to him, but I think these were ported from brawl.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
*snip*

*Cough* *Cough*

No, but seriously, I don't get why people say Snake doesn't fit in. I think he looked fine next to the other non-cartoony human characters like Falcon & Samus. As for Bomberman, I'm not big on his inclusion into Smash; I'd much rather have Ryu (Street Fighter), Simon Belmont, Rayman, Bayonetta, Phoenix Wright or Professor Layton.....Or Banjo/Kazooie & Master Chief. <_< >_>

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692

I like how people are a okay with this. But Snake! Oh man he doesn't fit in with all of the cartoony characters!

Also people who say Snake was a one time thing can go screw themselves as well.

Also I feel like Sakurai's excuse for not having Snake in Smash isn't because of Konami not releasing MGSV on Wii U or because he doesn't "fit". It probably is on the line of "oh we had to make room for Sonic, Mega Man, and Pac Man. Don't want too many third party characters!"

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534
Guys, can we cool it with the conspiracy stuff?

I think Konami just didn't give Nintendo the rights this time. Nothing about not fitting, or too many third-parties, or anything like that. Calm down.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Guys, can we cool it with the conspiracy stuff?

I think Konami just didn't give Nintendo the rights this time. Nothing about not fitting, or too many third-parties, or anything like that. Calm down.
I don't see why konami would turn it down though. Wouldn't they view it as good promotion?If they were a-okay with it in brawl, I wouldn't see why they would say no. Not to mention Kojima's "Please use snake" comment. If he knew konami wouldn't let that happen, why would he need to make that comment?

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
As for Bomberman, I'm not big on his inclusion into Smash; I'd much rather have Ryu (Street Fighter), Simon Belmont, Rayman, Bayonetta, Phoenix Wright or Professor Layton.....Or Banjo/Kazooie & Master Chief. <_< >_>
Ryu-no moar capcom pls
Rayman-yes pls
Bayonetta-2sexy4smash
PW-umvc3 exists and they'd have to differentiate significantly
Layton-no comment
Banjo Kazooie-but DHD has a palette swap looking like them, wut u talkin about >_>
MC-lol

If I had to pick a Konami rep what weren't Snake...well...

Sparkster.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
If I had to pick a Konami rep what weren't Snake...well...

Sparkster.

r u sirius m8.

(didn't even know he was a Konami character)

Simon is undoubtedly the most deserving Konami character for Smash Bros, seeing how Castlevania is an NES classic, like Mega Man.

But Snake is part of the Smash family, so he comes first. (and I'm kinda biased towards him) Then Simon.

After that, Bomberman. He had a crossover game with Wario, I believe.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
r u sirius m8.

(didn't even know he was a Konami character)

Simon is undoubtedly the most deserving Konami character for Smash Bros, seeing how Castlevania is an NES classic, like Mega Man.

But Snake is part of the Smash family, so he comes first. (and I'm kinda biased towards him) Then Simon.

After that, Bomberman. He had a crossover game with Wario, I believe.
yesh eye am srs m8

(yeah, he is. Came out when all the Sonic imitators were around, but his attempt was far better)

Well, yeah, but then again, that's who I'd pick. And I'm sort of biased because I have never touched Castlevania.

Of course, Snake comes first, no doubt.

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
For a castlevania rep I would actually want dracula tbh :p.
He's the flagship character of the series, he would best represent it.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I know he's seen as a joke choice like Goku, but now that Pac-Man is in the series he's probably the biggest video game character not in Smash. I feel like he could fit too, it'll never happen because of rival consoles though.
I agree. Halo is a big franchise, it's protagonist is synonymous with the brand. Something other iconic franchises like GTA and Call of Duty don't have. If you've heard of halo, you've heard of master cheif.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I know he's seen as a joke choice like Goku, but now that Pac-Man is in the series he's probably the biggest video game character not in Smash. I feel like he could fit too, it'll never happen because of rival consoles though.
yeah no

as americans hate tingle, japan hates xbox.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
Yeah, I know. But I can dream!

However, if MS were to somehow ever drop Xbox (I hope not, I'm a Xbox fan & I think 3 big console producers is a good balance), I think Nintendo would try to pick up the Halo franchise along with regaining Rare/their IPs.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Yeah, I know. But I can dream!

However, if MS were to somehow ever drop Xbox (I hope not, I'm a Xbox fan & I think 3 big console producers is a good balance), I think Nintendo would try to pick up the Halo franchise along with regaining Rare/their IPs.
>nintendo
>halo

what are you smoking.

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
Another "should an Advance War's character inherit Snake's moveset?" thread just popped up. Already put my 2 cents into that thread.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Yeah, I wish I had snake with me in this game, so I could continue training with him and getting better. Finding new mains is tough. Megaman and shulk I'm okay with, but not that great. I guess I'll have to continue training them.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Yeah, I wish I had snake with me in this game, so I could continue training with him and getting better. Finding new mains is tough. Megaman and shulk I'm okay with, but not that great. I guess I'll have to continue training them.
Try Ike. He's overall better than Shulk. Ike has consistent KO power, speed and, combo ability that allow him to succeed as a character. Shulk is too reliant on the Monado Arts to KO, rack damage, and move, and all these are weaken him in another area. Shulk also has some weird hitboxes with the Monado. Most importantly, Ike is the only character to come anywhere close to being as manly as Snake. Ike even rocks and awesome blue headband! If he had a beard, he would be just shy of Snake's glory. In all seriousness though, give Ike a try!

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Try Ike. He's overall better than Shulk. Ike has consistent KO power, speed and, combo ability that allow him to succeed as a character. Shulk is too reliant on the Monado Arts to KO, rack damage, and move, and all these are weaken him in another area. Shulk also has some weird hitboxes with the Monado. Most importantly, Ike is the only character to come anywhere close to being as manly as Snake. Ike even rocks and awesome blue headband! If he had a beard, he would be just shy of Snake's glory. In all seriousness though, give Ike a try!
My brother mained ike back in brawl, we used 1v1 frequently. He'd used to win most of the tim,until I started learning snake, then the tables started to turn, and I came out on top! Hahah yeah... I'll give him a try for sure.

Also, what moves does everyone use for their snake mii fighter? I have grenades and missles,but not remote control.

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
I think I mentioned before crossovers (because as much as everyone has forgotten, Smash Bros is a crossover) have never been about fitting in. I really don't think it'd play a factor in why someone wouldn't return, especially with how the series has been getting more human looking characters since its N64 days. Kind of reminds me of
Whatever the reason is he didn't return, I'm sure Snake being the biggest thing in Brawl is a good enough reason for him to return through dlc.

My brother mained ike back in brawl, we used 1v1 frequently. He'd used to win most of the tim,until I started learning snake, then the tables started to turn, and I came out on top! Hahah yeah... I'll give him a try for sure.

Also, what moves does everyone use for their snake mii fighter? I have grenades and missles,but not remote control.
I made him a Mii fighter. Because CQC :snake:

Should consider making a second one a gunner though, that grenade would be perfect for him.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I think I mentioned before crossovers (because as much as everyone has forgotten, Smash Bros is a crossover) have never been about fitting in. I really don't think it'd play a factor in why someone wouldn't return, especially with how the series has been getting more human looking characters since its N64 days. Kind of reminds me of
Whatever the reason is he didn't return, I'm sure Snake being the biggest thing in Brawl is a good enough reason for him to return through dlc.

I made him a Mii fighter. Because CQC :snake:

Should consider making a second one a gunner though, that grenade would be perfect for him.
Yeah cqc and brawler would be good.
Might make a raiden mii sword fighter as well, for the hell of it.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029

So the other day I'm with my dad at Tim Horton's talking about Christmas gifts. I tell him that I wanted a Cardboard Box for Christmas and asks why. So I show him this picture and star to explain the details about the box. However, before I can ten explain it to him, he starts roaring with laughter. Confused, I ask him what's so funny? My dad then tell start telling me how he used to hide and sneak in boxes to spy on the enemy. My dad is Big Boss which means I'm...

Top Bottom