• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Rattle-Kalimba

Smash Apprentice
A DK Warriors Game would be quit cool. To bad that it will probably really sale well. Since DK is more famous for Jump'n Runs and Adventures and not for battling people. Also I don't think that most of the people will choose a DK Warriors Game over a Mario or Pokémon Warriors. They more well-known as the DK-Series and also have the bigger fan base. The only way I can see DK in a Warriors game is, when they tie him and maybe some side characters like Diddy into the Mario franchise. A stand alone DK-Warriors-Game will never happen. But would be damm right cool!

Also, they have to use Kritter, Klump & Krusha as playable characters.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
A DK Warriors Game would be quit cool. To bad that it will probably really sale well. Since DK is more famous for Jump'n Runs and Adventures and not for battling people. Also I don't think that most of the people will choose a DK Warriors Game over a Mario or Pokémon Warriors. They more well-known as the DK-Series and also have the bigger fan base. The only way I can see DK in a Warriors game is, when they tie him and maybe some side characters like Diddy into the Mario franchise. A stand alone DK-Warriors-Game will never happen. But would be damm right cool!

Also, they have to use Kritter, Klump & Krusha as playable characters.
LoZ is never combat focused, Hyrule Warriors sold amazingly

Rattle-Kalimba

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, but because it's Zelda. I mean most people will recognize Link. Zelda, Shiek, Ganondorf, Impa,Tingle and so on. Most main stream people can not tell the different between Tiny Kong and Dixie Kong or Funky with Lanky. DK has fans but not as much as Zelda, Mario and Pokémon.

Justin Little

Smash Ace
Yeah, but because it's Zelda. I mean most people will recognize Link. Zelda, Shiek, Ganondorf, Impa,Tingle and so on. Most main stream people can not tell the different between Tiny Kong and Dixie Kong or Funky with Lanky. DK has fans but not as much as Zelda, Mario and Pokémon.
Most mainstream people still recognize Link as Zelda so I don't know where you are completely getting at. Dixie, Tiny, Funky, and Cranky are just as recognizable to the mainstream as Midna, Lana, Agitha, Zant if not more so. I don't see Kong Warriors happening at all, but I think a lot of people would be intrigue by it if it did exist.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Most mainstream people still recognize Link as Zelda so I don't know where you are completely getting at. Dixie, Tiny, Funky, and Cranky are just as recognizable to the mainstream as Midna, Lana, Agitha, Zant if not more so. I don't see Kong Warriors happening at all, but I think a lot of people would be intrigue by it if it did exist.
People do that because Link is the main character of a game called The Legend of ZELDA.
Lanky and Funky are side characters in a game called Donkey Kong that have little in common with each other.
Plus Funky was in Mario Kart Wii.

Justin Little

Smash Ace
People do that because Link is the main character of a game called The Legend of ZELDA.
Lanky and Funky are side characters in a game called Donkey Kong that have little in common with each other.
Plus Funky was in Mario Kart Wii.
All the more reason why I need a profile picture.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I think a Gorilla Warriors game could be successful, but only if it doesn't go the Jungle Beat route of "hurr hurr, you're a big dumb ape who pounds everything while making Scooby-Doo noises." Flesh it out with twists like ridable Animal Buddies or fruit weapons instead, and you've got a much more appealing game IMO.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Fire Emblem Warriors anyone? No? Just me? OK...

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
If K.Rool's smash representation is anything to go by, then it's not happening
"He's to DK as Bowser is too Mario but we won't make him playable. Have Goth Pit as a clone instead"

Disclaimer - I don't hate Dark Pit at all. Just miffed that he's a clone. As such the above is a joke.

Cyberguy64

Smash Journeyman
"He's to DK as Bowser is too Mario but we won't make him playable. Have Goth Pit as a clone instead"

Disclaimer - I don't hate Dark Pit at all. Just miffed that he's a clone. As such the above is a joke.
That's okay, I have more than enough hate for both of us. (At least, for how as he is in Smash. He can go die as a character there. In Uprising he was a cool twist on the "evil twin" trope.)

That is a good point though, about the "DK's Bower, but he gets squat" problem. At least Ridley (I can't believe I'm saying this) actually was in the game and affected gameplay. Granted, in a ridiculously stupid and limited fashion, but he was there. They tried to throw Ridley fans a bone. (It hit us in the face and bloodied it, but that's besides the point.) Donkey Kong gets an even more soulless stage gimmick that makes fights tedious and annoying. Woo. That's what the fans want.

I just want to know what it would take to get NOJ to take the DK series seriously. Is it sales? Is it recognition? Is it just being accessible to Japanese culture? What do they want?

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
That's okay, I have more than enough hate for both of us. (At least, for how as he is in Smash. He can go die as a character there. In Uprising he was a cool twist on the "evil twin" trope.)

That is a good point though, about the "DK's Bower, but he gets squat" problem. At least Ridley (I can't believe I'm saying this) actually was in the game and affected gameplay. Granted, in a ridiculously stupid and limited fashion, but he was there. They tried to throw Ridley fans a bone. (It hit us in the face and bloodied it, but that's besides the point.) Donkey Kong gets an even more soulless stage gimmick that makes fights tedious and annoying. Woo. That's what the fans want.

I just want to know what it would take to get NOJ to take the DK series seriously. Is it sales? Is it recognition? Is it just being accessible to Japanese culture? What do they want?
I don't want to turn this into a Ridley thing but "accurate portrayals" is a piss poor excuse for him being an intrusive boss that still doesn't stay true to himself.
- Ridley only works with others if it's in his best interests (Mother Brain) or he's been corrupted with Phazon (Dark Samus). Not if he's been hit a few times. This doesn't show his intelligence at all.
- "Meta" Ridley. 1. Other Mley never became "Meta" 2. Meta Ridley is a load of cybernetic enhancements. Not an aura state.

There's a reason I prefer Metal Face immensely as a Stage Hazard. He's somewhat accurate even if he is spoilerific for Xenoblade and due to Gaur Plain being a huge stage he isn't intrusive though it makes Metal Face look like a do nothing boss despite being relentless in battle during Xenoblade.

So maybe K Rool dodged a bullet or two there. But we can't be too sure.

I really don't know what goes through Sakurai's mind at all. Trash Tour is a thing, the challenges go from easy to down right frustrating, "accurate portrayals" (eg. Shulk's Monado arts. Buster doesn't boost attack. That was Enchant) , 75M came back instead of Kongo Jungle (Melee), saying Ridley was "Too big hurp durp", spoiling the first half of Xenoblade Chronicles (and even one late game character, Jade Face) etc.

Japan got the characters they wanted so let's hope the West get's priority in Smash 6 (Because Wii U is 5 for some reason) if Sakurai does indeed return though I'd prefer someone else had control over it and give fans what they wanted most (Non clone Dr Mario, Dark Pit and Lucina, Ridley, K Rool, Snake, Isaac, Wolf as playable characters, a proper Ganondorf etc).

Kinda went off on a tangent there so apologies.
Also need to speak with BKupa about a few things.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I don't want to turn this into a Ridley thing but "accurate portrayals" is a piss poor excuse for him being an intrusive boss that still doesn't stay true to himself.
- Ridley only works with others if it's in his best interests (Mother Brain) or he's been corrupted with Phazon (Dark Samus). Not if he's been hit a few times. This doesn't show his intelligence at all.
- "Meta" Ridley. 1. Other Mley never became "Meta" 2. Meta Ridley is a load of cybernetic enhancements. Not an aura state.

There's a reason I prefer Metal Face immensely as a Stage Hazard. He's somewhat accurate even if he is spoilerific for Xenoblade and due to Gaur Plain being a huge stage he isn't intrusive though it makes Metal Face look like a do nothing boss despite being relentless in battle during Xenoblade.

So maybe K Rool dodged a bullet or two there. But we can't be too sure.
I've always interpreted it as Clone Ridley / Roidley being a more feral, bestial creature without the cultivated intellect of Ridley, but enough animal cunning to get by. He joins your side briefly to benefit his innate survival instincts, and even then, he has a chance of just redeeming himself by smacking you off the stage when he leaves as a final "loljk i'm in charge here fellers".

No arguments on "Meta Ridley" though. That's either poor oversight on Sakurai's part or a joke to fill in time and space.

I like Metal Face. He just sits there and casually snarks at you while turning you into greasy smears on the grassy asphalt if you get too close to him.

I think K. Rool still has a chance. If not now, then in future. All signs point towards a glorious victory for us in due time. And not having a non-playable role in the game is a huge boon for him.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I've always interpreted it as Clone Ridley / Roidley being a more feral, bestial creature without the cultivated intellect of Ridley, but enough animal cunning to get by. He joins your side briefly to benefit his innate survival instincts, and even then, he has a chance of just redeeming himself by smacking you off the stage when he leaves as a final "loljk i'm in charge here fellers".

No arguments on "Meta Ridley" though. That's either poor oversight on Sakurai's part or a joke to fill in time and space.

I like Metal Face. He just sits there and casually snarks at you while turning you into greasy smears on the grassy asphalt if you get too close to him.

I think K. Rool still has a chance. If not now, then in future. All signs point towards a glorious victory for us in due time. And not having a non-playable role in the game is a huge boon for him.
I've always thought that he retained some part of OG Ridley as he still seems to have that grudge with Samus hence my problems with the "You've hit me a few times so I'll join you." Thing.

Xenoblade stuff
I like Metal Faces commentary but other than that he has about 4 ways to damage you and they aren't particularly strong despite the boss battles against him in Xenoblade. Maybe I've currently got some sort of bias towards it as I have just gotten up to the Fallen Arm so MF's demise is still fresh in the mind as well as that battle.

And I'm sure K Rool will be back soon enough (despite me wanting Retro to be doing Metroid or F-Zero). I just hope that in Smash he gets represented properly instead of having glaring inaccuracies.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
So I'm sure I'm not the only one addicted to DKC music, and every time I go into sound player to listen to those songs I can't help but press X, then I see Rare's name, then I almost cry.:crying:

I want so many Rare characters it's not even funny Banjo, Conker, Joanna Dark there were just so many good characters. Why Rare? Why?

4theRECORD

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2878-9708-8635

The second form of Ridley is called in Japanese "Black Ridley", probably to align him with Metal Face who is called in Japanese "Black Face".
So the Meta Ridley thing is more of a blotch by NoA. There seems to be such blotching every here and there this Smash, others being Lucina's attitude and Trophy descriptions.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
The second form of Ridley is called in Japanese "Black Ridley", probably to align him with Metal Face who is called in Japanese "Black Face".
So the Meta Ridley thing is more of a blotch by NoA. There seems to be such blotching every here and there this Smash, others being Lucina's attitude and Trophy descriptions.
"I want these characters to stay true to their original counterparts"
Calling it right now, K.Rool will be an AT with a pompadour slapping everyone with a dildo a la Saints Row

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
"I want these characters to stay true to their original counterparts"
Calling it right now, K.Rool will be an AT with a pompadour slapping everyone with a dildo a la Saints Row
BRB Making that kharakter in SRIV.

Wait. That would make K Rool President of Amerika.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Shulk's Monado arts. Buster doesn't boost attack. That was Enchant.
Monado Enchant does not boost your attack, Monado Enchant allows other party members to attack Mechon normally without resorting to Topple abuse and causes auto attacks to inflict increased damage specifically to Mechon.

The closest Art of his that actually raises his attack is a normal Art called Shadow Eye, which temporarily increases the power of physical Arts by 50% for a few seconds.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Monado Enchant does not boost your attack, Monado Enchant allows other party members to attack Mechon normally without resorting to Topple abuse and causes auto attacks to inflict increased damage specifically to Mechon.

The closest Art of his that actually raises his attack is a normal Art called Shadow Eye, which temporarily increases the power of physical Arts by 50% for a few seconds.
Still an attack boost albeit only against Mechon.
Point stands.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Your attack is not effected at all. Neither Attack or Ether Attack are effected.
Increased Damage (against Mechon) = Same effect as boosted attack (against Mechon). You deal more damage for a set amount of time and is still the closest MONADO Art (not regular Art) to "Buster" in Smash.

Anyway.
Back to K Rool seeing as this the the K Rool thread and not the Monado Boy thread m'kay?

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Ness is all of the proof I need of Sakurai's reasoning being hypocritical. 3/4ths of his specials do not belong to him.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Ness is all of the proof I need of Sakurai's reasoning being hypocritical. 3/4ths of his specials do not belong to him.
"B-B-But Poo could have taught him!"

Now main character and unfortunate naming aside why not have Poo in the game instead if he actually has those abilities in Earthbound?

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
it's just that Sakurai doesn't like listening to fans but rather himself, WFT is proof of that, and where is K.Rool? Or do you mean the track?
Piece is used when talking about Music ie. "I love this piece of music!"
As such it implies the track.

Also WFT does this:
So there's some cool stuff added to a character that doesn't fight.

Last edited:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Dammit, I had hopes for Jungle Hijinx too...

Thelimomon

Smash Journeyman
it's just that Sakurai doesn't like listening to fans but rather himself, WFT is proof of that, and where is K.Rool? Or do you mean the track?
There still is a difference between "Not listening to fans" and "Implement own ideas".
Nearly no one said in particular "I don't want the WFT". I think the WFT is actually a fun idea.
The part in which Sakurai didn't listen to fans is the "There are only, like, 2 characters we actually wanted."
He could have done both, bring the Villager, Duck Hunt, and the WFT, AND K. Rool, Little Mac, Mega Man, Isaac, etc..
He just listened not quite enough to the fans.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
There still is a difference between "Not listening to fans" and "Implement own ideas".
Nearly no one said in particular "I don't want the WFT". I think the WFT is actually a fun idea.
The part in which Sakurai didn't listen to fans is the "There are only, like, 2 characters we actually wanted."
He could have done both, bring the Villager, Duck Hunt, and the WFT, AND K. Rool, Little Mac, Mega Man, Isaac, etc..
He just listened not quite enough to the fans.
He's said a character doesn't get in because of popularity, that's what I meant, and he said fan popularity decided which stages come back, 75M returned

Thelimomon

Smash Journeyman
He's said a character doesn't get in because of popularity, that's what I meant, and he said fan popularity decided which stages come back, 75M returned
Hm... I did not know that he decided wich stages come back by popularity...
I would have preferred Spear Pillar or the Pirate Ship over 75M... Or any other stage...

Top Bottom