• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
And that's the problem here, they don't present those numbers as estimations. To make matters worse, they don't even update their numbers when official sources come out about it. For instance, Pokémon Black and White has sold 15.58m as of March 31st 2014, VGcharts has it at 14.95m as of this November, which is lower then the official source has given. So not only is their estimation wrong, they didn't bother to fix it and continue to present the wrong numbers, which leads to them giving out misinformation.

That's why they get dismissed, if the numbers they present are not honest, updated and unsupported, you can't place a lot of faith with them. Which is why if you want accurate sales data, people will tell you it's better to get another source then rely on VGcharts.
They do update their sales figures, they've been known to do so with certain games. However, if they were fairly close with their numbers, they tend not to update it.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
That blue one in the top image to the right looks...drunk.

:seuss:
One of the kritters accidentally trapped him in a barrel of rum, took about a few hours for them to figure out what happened to him, at least the klaptrap was glad he finally got a taste. xD

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Anyone interested in an icon of our King? I tried to match it to the stock icons of the current cast.:4dk:

Been kind of slow, I wonder what Retro is cooking up.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Conflicting emotions? How so?

While I'm at it, I'm sure that 99% of the Kremling Krew still has some love for this duo...
Micro$oft..
I'm happy because it looks wonderful.

I'm distraught because we can't yet see it in the actual game.

And yeah I feel much the same about that Banjo-Kazooie icon.

Be strong for us, animal buddies.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
They do update their sales figures, they've been known to do so with certain games. However, if they were fairly close with their numbers, they tend not to update it.
Some is not enough, if they're trying to be more reliable, they also have to be consistent in their data processing, which they're not. On top of that, some of their numbers are off by a notable amount and still aren't updated. One example is HeartGold/SoulSilver, which is lower then the true amount by over a full million, and has not been addressed for about 7 months. If the estimation can be off by that much, how is the source trustworthy enough to rely on?

Anyway, I've deviated the topic enough.

F-Zero maybe? One can hope!

Etc_Guy

Smash Ace
That's great! Only if they had his other personas as trophies at least. I like to imagine K. Rool's alternates kostumes would be his different forms. The only problem is that there isn't at least seven non-default personas. The Kaptain, Scientist, Boxer and Pharaoh are the non-king ones I kan think of. At least DK still has plenty of time before Smash 5.

On the subject of personas. The kroolest ever possible would be Kommunist. His minions would follow a Eastern European, Russian, and Asian Red Army theme with brutal diffikulty to spice up the atmosphere even more. A problem kould rise and that be kontroversy. The real things might be pissed about krazy krokodiles representing their nation as kutthroat kapitalist and nothing more.

I'm looking at you Khina. Don't go ape-**** about something fictional okay? They would.

Or Metroid I guess. :4samus: If they make Ridley smaller as a big middle finger to Sakurai.
Bigger finger than Ridley eh? shots fired.

Chase

Smash Ace
That's great! Only if they had his other personas as trophies at least. I like to imagine K. Rool's alternates kostumes would be his different forms. The only problem is that there isn't at least seven non-default personas. The Kaptain, Scientist, Boxer and Pharaoh are the non-king ones I kan think of. At least DK still has plenty of time before Smash 5.

On the subject of personas. The kroolest ever possible would be Kommunist. His minions would follow a Eastern European, Russian, and Asian Red Army theme with brutal diffikulty to spice up the atmosphere even more. A problem kould rise and that be kontroversy. The real things might be pissed about krazy krokodiles representing their nation as kutthroat kapitalist and nothing more.

I'm looking at you Khina. Don't go ape-**** about something fictional okay? They would.

Bigger finger than Ridley eh? shots fired.
Kamikaze K. Rool (Diddy Kong Pilot costume), Viking K. Rool (based on Fredrik), and Kahuna K. Rool (based on the Tikis) could be other cool costumes.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
i was scrolling down the page while it was loading and uncle k rool just appears and scares me. awesome and funny artwork by the way
I saw it, it was hilariously awesome. Uncle Samson K. Rool is epic...

EDIT: Keep in mind, its only K. Rool's head pasted over Uncle Sam, with his hand recoloured green. Its not a full-fledged drawing of Uncle Samson K. Rool.

Last edited:

T-Hell

Smash Lord
Hey people, how is it going? Still wishing for K.Rool as a late dlc maybe? I wish..
Just passing by to see you guys, since it's been forever since I don't visit this, lol.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Hey people, how is it going? Still wishing for K.Rool as a late dlc maybe? I wish..
Just passing by to see you guys, since it's been forever since I don't visit this, lol.
If Mewtwo can make it in as dlc then surely K. Rool still has a chance as well. Good to see you again too.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
If Mewtwo can make it in as dlc then surely K. Rool still has a chance as well. Good to see you again too.
Well, technically, Mewtwo is a veteran and the #1 most wanted Smash character overall. K. Rool is probably the next-most wanted character by far, though.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Well, technically, Mewtwo is a veteran and the #1 most wanted Smash character overall. K. Rool is probably the next-most wanted character by far, though.
If you're not counting Ridley, but that's a Western thing and not something that concerns the East greatly(as I said before, some of the Japanese are surprised at his demand).

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
If you're not counting Ridley, but that's a Western thing and not something that concerns the East greatly(as I said before, some of the Japanese are surprised at his demand).
I am counting Ridley. Ridley is right behind K. Rool, at least based on the numbers I've been seeing. Ridley has a more vocal fanbase. Even then, I'm also talking globally, as you state, Ridley isn't all that popular in Japan.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I am counting Ridley. Ridley is right behind K. Rool, at least based on the numbers I've been seeing. Ridley has a more vocal fanbase. Even then, I'm also talking globally, as you state, Ridley isn't all that popular in Japan.
The most vocal fanbase thing is somewhat debatable. K Rool's has the attention of Retro as evidenced by the Twitter follow(which is huge)and Ridley does indeed have Nintendo's...as a joke. They've poked fun at the guy a few times. Bill Trinen responded to a tweet by linking an image of a Barney cosplay(as the tweet inquired "giant purple dragons" being cosplayed) at some point.

Ridley's fanbase is certainly more vocal in the support aspect(hell, they have a Great Wall of text for his inclusion), but K. Rool's, to me, has far more attention, with less people, and in the good way.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I think that at some point we need to branch out our message to the eastern side of things. At the moment, we seem to have pretty much achieved the most we could hope for in the west, what with the CEO of Retro following the campaign. We need to take the next step, and bring our campaign to Japan.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I think that at some point we need to branch out our message to the eastern side of things. At the moment, we seem to have pretty much achieved the most we could hope for in the west, what with the CEO of Retro following the campaign. We need to take the next step, and bring our campaign to Japan.
Yeah, but how? Sakurai doesn't exactly like Twitter spam(he blocks those that do), and unless K. Rool has a big following in Japan, it's unlikely the message will get across unless Nintendo representatives somehow start browsing Smashboards again like they did in 08'.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Yeah, but how? Sakurai doesn't exactly like Twitter spam(he blocks those that do), and unless K. Rool has a big following in Japan, it's unlikely the message will get across unless Nintendo representatives somehow start browsing Smashboards again like they did in 08'.
K. Rool is popularly requested in Japan. Now, whether or not he's got a big active community is questionable. I do see quite a bit of Japanese Twitter posts about K. Rool, but I don't know how many people that actually is.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
As long as K. Rool has a lot of fans both here and in Japan then I still say his chances are good. Not to mention the fact that NOA really wanted him in SSB3-DS/Wii U in the default roster as well.

Last edited:

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
It's been awhile since I've posted here. Still supporting the King like always.
Anyone interested in an icon of our King? I tried to match it to the stock icons of the current cast.:4dk:

Nice work there. I would be interested in that K. Rool icon. How did you make that?
lalalalalala ooh look, more kremlings this time with a few
View attachment 33278 View attachment 33280
Nice drawings @ BowserK.Rool BowserK.Rool . I can't wait to try it out the drawing when I get Smash soon.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
It's been awhile since I've posted here. Still supporting the King like always.

Nice work there. I would be interested in that K. Rool icon. How did you make that?

Nice drawings @ BowserK.Rool BowserK.Rool . I can't wait to try it out the drawing when I get Smash soon.
Thanks, it's pretty addicting. I'm going to try out customizing some more outfits of my own for K. Rool's trophy. I'm thinking of doing a cowboy sheriff, reaper, and samurai suit for him.

Etc_Guy

Smash Ace
On the Isaac thread someone thought that Viridi would find him as a rival or another person to fangirl over. (I never played Golden Sun so I can't know which.)

How do you think she would react to Kremkroc Industries Inc. if :4palutena: mentions it in her Guidance? You can tell the instance you enter that the place is unhealthfully unregulated. There is also Mekanos from DKC3 too. (It predated Meconis by a long-shot.:troll:)

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
How do you think she would react to Kremkroc Industries Inc. if :4palutena: mentions it in her Guidance?
For the record, that secret guidance found some days ago heavily implies DLC characters will not have specific Guidances.

Just saying.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Still pretty sure that guidance was just an error handler.
Which is exactly why I said "heavily implied" as opposed to something like "confirmed". We don't know if it's truly the DLC Guidance or not, and until Mewtwo comes out, we'll know.

NNID
AwesomeCauliflwr
3DS FC
0576-6167-0092
On the Isaac thread someone thought that Viridi would find him as a rival or another person to fangirl over. (I never played Golden Sun so I can't know which.)

How do you think she would react to Kremkroc Industries Inc. if :4palutena: mentions it in her Guidance? You can tell the instance you enter that the place is unhealthfully unregulated. There is also Mekanos from DKC3 too. (It predated Meconis by a long-shot.:troll:)
well if she just hates wario because he is disguting, then she is going to absolutely despise k rool. i think she will get really really angry

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wnn4I-fQLSk Sloppy Sands from Returns is such an underrated track. Deserves way more attention. Up there with Scorch n Torch and Irate Eight as my favourite tracks from the modern era.
Oh yes. Sloppy Sands is absolutely fantastic. One of the best tracks in the game, easily, though the game has a lot of good music. Overall, DKCR's soundtrack sways much closer to a moodier and more ambient sound, making it sound more like DKC1 and most of DKC2 in that regard. Additionally, I think one may be able to draw parallels of the musical composition to possible influences from the Metroid Prime trilogy's stylings. Tropical Freeze's music is much more poppy and experimental, and it reminds me of DKC3's soundtrack because of that.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
well if she just hates wario because he is disguting, then she is going to absolutely despise k rool. i think she will get really really angry
I don't think she really hates Wario, she just finds him unhygienic and disturbing. She'd probably think K. Rool is a surprisingly dangerous figure for such somebody so apparently daft and awkward.

Viridi would despise K. Rool. All of that destruction and pollution he causes would drive her totally spare, no doubt.

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
K. Rool is definitely going in my list of requests when I do the survey for the Wii U version.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
For the record, that secret guidance found some days ago heavily implies DLC characters will not have specific Guidances.

Just saying.
I don't think it "heavily implies" anything except that they took into consideration the notion that DLC may be a thing in the future. The guidance itself was likely created in case they added more characters later and did not know if they'd be able to record new guidances, or weren't sure if they would record new guidances, so they made an extra just in case they needed it.

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
wait a minute, kind of off topic but why does viridi like megaman so much since he is a robot?
Good question actually. Though the whole thing is probably just poking fun at the fan hype at the Blue Bomber's inclusion.

Heh, funny, that kinda makes me wonder what she'd think of someone like Mega Man X's Sigma. What with the desire to destroy all humans and all. "Hah, looks like those vermin are finally getting what they deserve--their toys have turned on them!"

Top Bottom