• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Kiddy can be summed up in one sentence: He wasn't DK.
Which is a dumb reason to hate him because in the trilogy he was better than DK in every way. He had a better model, was more complex and more useful. DK is literally the least useful Kong in the original trilogy and he had the worst model. Thankfully he started getting good models afterward (although his Smash64 one is atrocious).

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Who knows? Chunky and Lanky for DLC! If any song got butchered it was Id Purpose
Also, found this
I am literaly laughing out loud at my laptop screen as I type this.

This is a thing of the utmost unfettered of beauty and nobody can tell me otherwise.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I am not sure if you guys know this, but DK King of Swing was added to the Japanese Virtual Console a few days ago. However, what is even bigger news is that ALL THREE DKC titles are going to be added to the Japanese Virtual Console next week.

Keep in mind that the DKC trilogy was mysteriously taken off the Virtual Console a few years ago, so its encouraging to see them finally return.

On a side note, we Ridley fans will probably never see him playable so long as Sakurai continues directing (here's hoping Project M adds him). So if you want to help us out, please offer your support for Ridley in Project M.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I am not sure if you guys know this, but DK King of Swing was added to the Japanese Virtual Console a few days ago. However, what is even bigger news is that ALL THREE DKC titles are going to be added to the Japanese Virtual Console next week.

Keep in mind that the DKC trilogy was mysteriously taken off the Virtual Console a few years ago, so its encouraging to see them finally return.

On a side note, we Ridley fans will probably never see him playable so long as Sakurai continues directing (here's hoping Project M adds him). So if you want to help us out, please offer your support for Ridley in Project M.
King of Swing was announced for US and PAL is getting DLC trilogy back.

Also, Space Pirates don't falter! Sakurai lied about wingspan and canon stuff!

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
The point is that Sakurai believes Ridley should not be playable. It does not matter that he is inconsistent with his reasoning for not making him playable.
He said he wanted him to be accurate to Metroid yet the only thing he got right was design! If you want to argue about this, go to the Pirate Mansion and I have to leave in about 30 minutes anyway!

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
He said he wanted him to be accurate to Metroid yet the only thing he got right was design! If you want to argue about this, go to the Pirate Mansion and I have to leave in about 30 minutes anyway!
I know he is being hypocritical, however, what is important is how Sakurai views it. Also, Other M Ridley is hardly a "right design". :laugh:

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
So how about that K. Rool, huh?

GoldenYummycakes raises a good point, though. Presuming that K. Rool will have considerably distinctive alts, how's he going to throw his krown?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
So how about that K. Rool, huh?

GoldenYummycakes raises a good point, though. Presuming that K. Rool will have considerably distinctive alts, how's he going to throw his krown?
I said he throws his pirate hat or wig. Then again, realisticly he'd still throw a crown
I know he is being hypocritical, however, what is important is how Sakurai views it. Also, Other M Ridley is hardly a "right design". :laugh:
I recommend dropping the subject though

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I said he throws his pirate hat or wig. Then again, realisticly he'd still throw a crown
I think he'd still throw the krown, but I'm not sure how that would affect the model of the actual krown on his head.

Perchance they would opt to allow him to throw the krown on his head when he's in his King kostume, but otherwise, he just pulls a krown out of hammerspace and follows a similar animation / weakness routine?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I think he'd still throw the krown, but I'm not sure how that would affect the model of the actual krown on his head.

Perchance they would opt to allow him to throw the krown on his head when he's in his King kostume, but otherwise, he just pulls a krown out of hammerspace and follows a similar animation / weakness routine?
I thought Pirate hat and Wig for customs personally
No one forced you to respond to it in the first place though. :laugh:
Foiled again!

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Honestly, this leaves me more confused more than anything else. Why would they go through the effort to cut out Lanky and Chunky's verses? Someone got paid to edit the song so that those parts were not in. Why did they not just stick the song in a stage and be done with it? It's not like they had to compose it again. They just had to take the sound file and have it play in a stage at random. I just don't get it.

Rattle-Kalimba

Smash Apprentice
Maybe Nintendo want's slowly to get rid off everything, who was created by Rareware. I mean Chunky = Dead, Kiddy = Dead, Cranky's cranky personality = dead, Kremlings = dead, King K. Rool = dead, Lanky Kong = dead.

I mean we have more stuff from DKCR in this game, than from the past games.

D

Deleted member

Well King of Swings did just get added to the Wii U Virtual Console. Personally I don't care too much; I am still waiting on the DKC trilogy and I can get King of Swings on my GBA for a similar price with the multi-player feature.

Yeah I remember when DKC got taken off the Virtual Console. While many said licensing issues, I had no idea why it happened because I figured that if it was licensing issues, we would have never gotten the Donkey Kong Country trilogy on the Virtual Console in the first place. Johnknight1 pointed out it might have been the issue of royalty so maybe that. Either way, it doesn't mean much for King K. Rool's chances, but I'll just be glad when they finally hit the North American Virtual Console.

Last edited by a moderator:

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
Honestly, this leaves me more confused more than anything else. Why would they go through the effort to cut out Lanky and Chunky's verses? Someone got paid to edit the song so that those parts were not in. Why did they not just stick the song in a stage and be done with it? It's not like they had to compose it again. They just had to take the sound file and have it play in a stage at random. I just don't get it.
To cut the song down to two minutes. No other reason.

Last edited:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Which is a dumb reason to hate him because in the trilogy he was better than DK in every way. He had a better model, was more complex and more useful. DK is literally the least useful Kong in the original trilogy and he had the worst model. Thankfully he started getting good models afterward (although his Smash64 one is atrocious).
I have'nt played DKC3 but it looks like DK was at least able to stomp on tough enemies such as klumps and krushas. And his design is actually the best one since he's had it since DKC1

DingoPlatinum

Smash Rookie
Little off topic but...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHcG-dKMkiM
I found this old Kellogg's game and realized how similar it was compared to the old Donkey Kong Country games. Enemies are crocodiles and some of them throw barrels. Even Their leader is a crocodile wearing crown who steals their cereal. Then you go on an adventure through jungle and ice mountain collecting cereals and beating evil crocodiles and their leader. Also the music is surprisingly fantastic.

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
Little off topic but...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHcG-dKMkiM
I found this old Kellogg's game and realized how similar it was compared to the old Donkey Kong Country games. Enemies are crocodiles and some of them throw barrels. Even Their leader is a crocodile wearing crown who steals their cereal. Then you go on an adventure through jungle and ice mountain collecting cereals and beating evil crocodiles and their leader. Also the music is surprisingly fantastic.
Woah, that has Donkey Kong Country written all over it. Even the music part.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Isn't it obvious?
They were lacking in both style and grace.

They just didn't have enough style/grace to be in the Rap this time around.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
It's not the only thing that got butchered.
Engage the Enemy got butchered. Twice.
Cut down the original version (thus ruining the flow and leaving out the best bit) and then speeding it up for the Medley which loses all epicness and meaning to the piece.
Willing to bet a bunch of the Sonic songs are cut down horrendously as well.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Actually, on the subject of Kong abilities, can anybody tell me what Diddy does that Donkey and Dixie can't? I have honestly yet to figure it out.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Actually, on the subject of Kong abilities, can anybody tell me what Diddy does that Donkey and Dixie can't? I have honestly yet to figure it out.
Diddy cartwheels, not that much changes in regards to that. Also, the Peanut Popguns have been Diddy's staple since DK64, as are his Barrel Jetpacks. The Barrel Jetpacks are entirely exclusive to Diddy.

EDIT: Naturally, though, the peanut popguns are virtually the same as Dixie's Gumball Popgun (which debuted in Tropical Freeze) and DK's Coconut Gun (which did not return, though it may yet if they give DK the abilities of the other Kongs; shooting and a second jump).

In DK64, Diddy had two abilities that haven't appeared since: Diddy had a very high jump where he coiled up his tail to jump higher, and a ram attack where he rams his head into things which can be used to activate switches and ring gongs. Neither of which he uses in Smash as far as I'm aware.

Diddy's main trait is being the fastest of the bunch. Dixie is semi-fast while DK is rather slow, but Diddy is always the fastest Kong. Except in DK64 where Lanky has some moves which make him faster, though I think Diddy's default running speed is still faster than Lanky.

Last edited:

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Diddy cartwheels, not that much changes in regards to that. Also, the Peanut Popguns have been Diddy's staple since DK64, as are his Barrel Jetpacks. The Barrel Jetpacks are entirely exclusive to Diddy.

EDIT: Naturally, though, the peanut popguns are virtually the same as Dixie's Gumball Popgun (which debuted in Tropical Freeze) and DK's Coconut Gun (which did not return, though it may yet if they give DK the abilities of the other Kongs; shooting and a second jump).

In DK64, Diddy had two abilities that haven't appeared since: Diddy had a very high jump where he coiled up his tail to jump higher, and a ram attack where he rams his head into things which can be used to activate switches and ring gongs. Neither of which he uses in Smash as far as I'm aware.

Diddy's main trait is being the fastest of the bunch. Dixie is semi-fast while DK is rather slow, but Diddy is always the fastest Kong. Except in DK64 where Lanky has some moves which make him faster, though I think Diddy's default running speed is still faster than Lanky.
I wish Diddy had the Chimpy Charge has a special move, preferably as his down special instead of him throwing banana peels.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I wasn't on Smashboards recently, but I request K. Rool in my Club Nintendo form. :p

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311

He plays guitar!!

.... Dixie does too, doesn't she?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I wish Diddy had the Chimpy Charge has a special move, preferably as his down special instead of him throwing banana peels.
That would've made Diddy so awesome... *sigh*

EDIT:
He plays guitar!!

.... Dixie does too, doesn't she?
Diddy did play guitar in DK64, but since Dixie isn't in that game... Otherwise its always Dixie who plays guitar.

Last edited:

Zynux

Smash Lord
Chunky Kong probably took the verses with him when he escaped from Smashfest along with his bananas.

It's obvious now that Lanky was in on scheme.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Chunky Kong probably took the verses with him when he escaped from Smashfest along with his bananas.

It's obvious now that Lanky was in on scheme.
Bet they invited Tiny Kong to come with them, but Tiny thought that it may be possible her sister got in and wanted to be there to encourage her. Truly a sad tale.
I will also say it now, I like the Paon design for Tiny more than the Rare design.
Also, one last thing. Chunky Kong DID in fact make another appearance after DK64. He is in a minigame in the GBA remake of DKC 3

D

Deleted member

Given that it's been a couple of days since SSB Wii U got released, I'd liked to bring up that the Kremling Kutthroat Skype group has had quite some activity going on here, but it can always do with more members. If people want to set up a time where the members of the Kutthroats can join for matches in SSB 3DS & Wii U, Skype would be a great place to do so. I have a lot of free time, so I shouldn't have too much trouble playing barring maybe weekends. We also talk about basically any subject, but primarily that of Donkey Kong, particularly King K. Rool.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I have'nt played DKC3 but it looks like DK was at least able to stomp on tough enemies such as klumps and krushas. And his design is actually the best one since he's had it since DKC1
I mean the render isn't that great.

DK is the least useful Kong in the original triology because he's slower than Diddy, can't reach certain places. He is literally not needed at all to beat the game.

Diddy is the fastest and Dixie and Kiddy are actually needed for certain points of their games.

Not hating on DK, but I dont get the Kiddy hate when at that point he was basically just a better DK with a more polished model.

Last edited:

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
OMG look what I found! It looks like a fan-made Smash-like game called Super Mario Fighters and it has K Rool (and Klump)! As well as some pretty obscure Nintendo characters like Spike from Wrecking Crew and even Francis from Super Paper Mario lol

http://doctorwalui.shichihuku.com/

K Rool just fits perfectly! Just look at him! Damn it, Sakurai! :cry:
If all the characters from here really were in Smash, it would be the best Smash ever. Now if I only knew if this was available for playing...

Last edited:

a Link to the Forums

Smash Journeyman
OMG look what I found! It looks like a fan-made Smash-like game called Super Mario Fighters and it has K Rool (and Klump)! As well as some pretty obscure Nintendo characters like Spike from Wrecking Crew and even Francis from Super Paper Mario lol

http://doctorwalui.shichihuku.com/

K Rool just fits perfectly! Just look at him! Damn it, Sakurai! :cry:
If all the characters from here really were in Smash, it would be the best Smash ever. Now if I only knew if this was available for playing...
lol who the heck is the person with a gun and knife. :rotfl:

Top Bottom