• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

D

Deleted member

I know you said "Sakurai doesn't find K. Rool unique" is sarcasm, and I'd have agreed with you up until Wednesday, but tell me you can't see the same developer who thinks a character "wouldn't be that character" with a marginally reduced skillset, thinking something equally stupid about a different heavyweight villain. It's absolutely something he'd do.
This doesn't really mean anything for King K. Rool either way. We still don't know Sakurai's thought process behind him or even why he was cut. While it's possible that he may not find King K. Rool "unique enough", all we can do now is wait and see on him.
I am going to hope we get a new director if K.Rool isn't DLC tbh, not just because of a rumor about nintendo trying to get Ridley in but because if you aren't going to make the most requested Nintendo Newcomer and currently most requested character playable and suddenly add bias in the whole game, it doesn't make me a happy customer
*sigh*

Reminder that the Krystal and Geno fan base did the same thing when their character of choice got disconfirmed and that we are now seeing Ridley fans do the same thing. Entitlement behavior like this is going to give us a bad name and that's the last thing we need at this point.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
This doesn't really mean anything for King K. Rool either way. We still don't know Sakurai's thought process behind him or even why he was cut. While it's possible that he may not find King K. Rool "unique enough", all we can do now is wait and see on him.*sigh*

Reminder that the Krystal and Geno fan base did the same thing when their character of choice got disconfirmed and that we are now seeing Ridley fans do the same thing. Entitlement behavior like this is going to give us a bad name and that's the last thing we need at this point.
Even before Ridley's role was confirmed, I wasn't happy! I swear, I only like 4 newcomers and hate another 4! I am not the whole fanbase!

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
This doesn't really mean anything for King K. Rool either way. We still don't know Sakurai's thought process behind him or even why he was cut. While it's possible that he may not find King K. Rool "unique enough", all we can do now is wait and see on him.*sigh*

Most Ridley fans either didn't in the first place or got over it within a few hours. We can be cool here, m'kay~?

Even before Ridley's role was confirmed, I wasn't happy! I swear, I only like 4 newcomers and hate another 4! I am not the whole fanbase!
To be fair, only one of my most wanted newcomers got in, but she was so important to me that I was more than happy with that.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I remember suggesting K.Rool having his alts being his different designs, I know that may be impossible, but would it be cool?
I don't think its impossible. In fact I think it most likely would happen if K. Rool was added as a playable character.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I don't think its impossible. In fact I think it most likely would happen if K. Rool was added as a playable character.
I said impossible because the outfits may be larger than his hotboxes, but I would 100% kill Sakurai's feet and worship him if he did this in contrary to my previous statement
EDIT:Lol wrote kill instead of kiss. Not gonna edit that out, it's too stupidly funny to me

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I know what you mean, I just ended up being disappointed with the final roster and final stages, I'm allowed to ask for some more things I like, right? I will buy the game and a Wii U, only reason I haven't is because not enough cash and Europe. Also, I didn't play the first two games and only bought a copy of Brawl this year! I just think if Sakurai wouldn't put K.Rool in either then I'd be disappointed and rather have someone who won't give KI the most representation, did a franchise that was dead for more than 20 years need all that stuff? No it didn't. Maybe Iwata or something, I don't know!
The number of Smash Run enemies was because they were readily available to use from Uprising and saved a lot of work.
Dark Pit being a separate character was strictly because he was initially planned as an alt with some property differences (same as Dr. Mario and Lucina). So essentially more low-effort work.
Outside those specific instances of recycling, Kid Icarus isn't any more "represented" than the average series.

Also, K.Rool may not be inconsistent with style, he at least has style! Unlike a certain ape...
But does he have grace?

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
The number of Smash Run enemies was because they were readily available to use from Uprising and saved a lot of work.
Dark Pit being a separate character was strictly because he was initially planned as an alt with some property differences (same as Dr. Mario and Lucina). So essentially more low-effort work.
Outside those specific instances of recycling, Kid Icarus isn't any more "represented" than the average series.
This is true.

But does he have grace?
Don't be silly, of course not.

D

Deleted member

I remember suggesting K.Rool having his alts being his different designs, I know that may be impossible, but would it be cool?
There would have to be some alteration to the outfits if he's using his world-famous krown tossing attack; it might seem weird for the big pirate hat to be used in the same manner, and what would Roolenstein throw?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

But does he have grace?
K.Rool has nice hats on multiple occasions, of course he has grace! And I wasn't talking about Smash Run, the only KI thing I hate are skuttller thingys that lower your stats as they always appear when I fight a large amount of strong enemies and get knocked around. I'm talking about Items and trophies specifcally, also VERY salty that Lightning Battle didn't get in! Best track in KI Uprising and it isn't in smash...
There would have to be some alteration to the outfits if he's using his world-famous krown tossing attack; it might seem weird for the big pirate hat to be used in the same manner, and what would Roolenstein throw?
His wig/glasses!

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Nah, I think if he's using a different outfit he'd just pull the krown out of nowhere. Other characters do the same thing.

D

Deleted member

K.Rool has nice hats on multiple occasions, of course he has grace! And I wasn't talking about Smash Run, the only KI thing I hate are skuttller thingys that lower your stats as they always appear when I fight a large amount of strong enemies and get knocked around. I'm talking about Items and trophies specifcally, also VERY salty that Lightning Battle didn't get in! Best track in KI Uprising and it isn't in smash...

His wig/glasses!
Uprising is a handheld game.
Smash 3DS focuses on handheld games for trophies (and all the Smash Run enemies get trophies anyway).

And there's only 5 items from KI.
Zelda got 7 items.
Nah, I think if he's using a different outfit he'd just pull the krown out of nowhere. Other characters do the same thing.
Yeah, that's reasonable.

Only thing that confuses me is if that'll mean he'll pull a different krown in his default appearance (or any appearance with a krown such as Krusha K. Rool and the Super Sluggers outfit) than the one he's wearing or if he'll use the very one on his head.
I'm not too familiar with models and coding, so I'm unsure of whether or not there's an issue.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Uprising is a handheld game.
Smash 3DS focuses on handheld games for trophies (and all the Smash Run enemies get trophies anyway).

And there's only 5 items from KI.
Zelda got 7 items.
As a Metroid fan I'm just that Metroid barely got anything as Sakurai seems to hate the franchise! Thinking about it, Metroid still has a teeny bit more than DK, so I shouldn't be whining too much for that. It's that Uprising didn't need all that representation IMO, give some other franchises love! Make an Isaac trophy on both versions or something!

D

Deleted member

Here are some DK series trophies. Not sure if that is all of them.
From 1:44 to 2:13
I know this is the K. Rool thread, but OMG Little Birdie has a trophy too.
@HyperFalcon
I was right about Final Smash trophies; there's Lucario's and G&W's, and they doesn't list any games in the "Appears In" section.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I know this is the K. Rool thread, but OMG Little Birdie has a trophy too.
@HyperFalcon
I was right about Final Smash trophies; there's Lucario's and G&W's, and they doesn't list any games in the "Appears In" section.
I totally called Little Birdie trophy in Ye Ole over 1900 Ridley thread! Also, I thought Sakurai said trophies wouldn't say the same thing in both versions, I R either disappoint or dumb. K.Rool HD for the first time is nice to see though!

D

Deleted member

I totally called Little Birdie trophy in Ye Ole over 1900 Ridley thread! Also, I thought Sakurai said trophies wouldn't say the same thing in both versions, I R either disappoint or dumb. K.Rool HD for the first time is nice to see though!
I don't recall that ever being said.

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
Bittersweet days for me, while Smash in just 1 week makes me happy, K. Rool not being in it just saddens me. Also, that no DLC is planned at the moment beyond Mewtwo disappoints me even more. However, I'm sure that someday the King will prevail and reclaim his rightful throne stronger than ever.

Happy 500 pages, fellow Kutthroats! As long as we keep on supporting King K there will be hope!

Last edited:

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
Ayy, 500 pages! Here's hoping we won't need 500 more before we get any news of the King, heh.

I do believe that K. Rool has personality enough to be likable in Smash even to those who've never heard of him. He'd be similar to Captain Falcon in that way, actually. People who've never even heard of F-Zero but play Smash sure do love the Captain with his over-the-top fighting style and shouts.

Heck, there are a lot of characters like that. I didn't know anything about Kirby when I played Brawl, but the instant I lay eyes on Dedede I absolutely loved the big guy.

Rattle-Kalimba

Smash Apprentice
Still no Chunky Kong? Why? Why does Nintendo hate him so much? At least why can see Zinger agian. But still. Zinger an the Kritter are the only enemies from the old DKC-Games. No, Neckys, no Klump, no Krusha, no Klap-Traps. but why have a lot from DKCR and some from DKCTF. Nintendo really has something against the Rareware-Creations.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Still no Chunky Kong? Why? Why does Nintendo hate him so much? At least why can see Zinger agian. But still. Zinger an the Kritter are the only enemies from the old DKC-Games. No, Neckys, no Klump, no Krusha, no Klap-Traps. but why have a lot from DKCR and some from DKCTF. Nintendo really has something against the Rareware-Creations.
Its moreso the fact that the fans hated Chunky Kong. If that was the case, we wouldn't have Tiny Kong, Lanky Kong, etc., as trophies. Chunky and Kiddy Kong are the MOST hated Kongs in the series, and never returned after their first appearance.

Also keep in mind, that's not the full trophy list. Also further keep in mind, the fact that DK gets DKC trophies at all is nice, because most franchises always get trophies from the latest games. They even added a Winky trophy, when Winky only appeared in one game.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
It was funny, I went to pick up my copy of ssbwii u today at gamestop and there was this girl in front of me in line telling the cashier to cancel her pre-order of the game, when asked why she said that it was due to hype, I then said "well for me it was the character roster, there's so many better characters I could name that would've made better newcomers unlike ones like Wii Fit Trainer, villager, and Dark Pit, for example what about Ridley, K. Rool and Impa? I'm just getting it because of Mega Man and Bowser Jr." She agreed and said that's really what she meant, that it looked promising at the beginning last year then it went downhill.

Anyway happy 20th anniversary to King K. Rool and Donkey Kong Country, hope to see the kremlings return in a full DKC game in the future as well as K. Rool as playable character dlc. :)

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
It was funny, I went to pick up my copy of ssbwii u today at gamestop and there was this girl in front of me in line telling the cashier to cancel her pre-order of the game, when asked why she said that it was due to hype, I then said "well for me it was the character roster, there's so many better characters I could name that would've made better newcomers unlike ones like Wii Fit Trainer, villager, and Dark Pit, for example what about Ridley, K. Rool and Impa? I'm just getting it because of Mega Man and Bowser Jr." She agreed and said that's really what she meant, that it looked promising at the beginning last year then it went downhill.

Anyway happy 20th anniversary to King K. Rool and Donkey Kong Country, hope to see the kremlings return in a full DKC game in the future as well as K. Rool as playable character dlc. :)
It was promising in the beginning, but went downhill. Well said.
The spoiler above is why I think more DLC could be on the way.
Let's hope for Krool being DLC, alongside cut veterans.

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Its moreso the fact that the fans hated Chunky Kong. If that was the case, we wouldn't have Tiny Kong, Lanky Kong, etc., as trophies. Chunky and Kiddy Kong are the MOST hated Kongs in the series, and never returned after their first appearance.

Also keep in mind, that's not the full trophy list. Also further keep in mind, the fact that DK gets DKC trophies at all is nice, because most franchises always get trophies from the latest games. They even added a Winky trophy, when Winky only appeared in one game.
How come they are the most hated Kongs?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
How come they are the most hated Kongs?
I don't know why Kiddy Kong was hated, maybe its because of the way he acted in DKC3. Chunky Kong being Kiddy's older brother is probably what led to Chunky not being very well received. Its also notable that those two are the only Kongs not to appear in multiple games, and the only Kongs (along with Swanky) not to appear in Barrel Blast in any way, shape, or form (Candy ran the Mission Mode called Candy's Challenges in that game).

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789

I thought Chunky was really popular. Everyone who played DK64 seems to love him from what I've seen. He seems like he'd popular anyway due to his comical personality. I know Kiddy is hated but I never understood why, he was basically just a more complex Donkey Kong at the time with a more polished model.

Last edited:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I just made a huge pirate ship in ssbwii u with K. Rool's theme, did'nt call it gangplank galleon due to the inaccuracy of what I was able to work with with the customation tools but it turned out pretty good I think, now make K. Rool playable and it'll be good to go. That and I'll just use this for now until an actual gangplank galleon stage gets announced for dlc.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
For real? Sounds like whoever cut that part out has no style and no grace.
Got a link for it?
It was mentioned In the General Leaks and Rumours Thread. I asked what stage the rap plays on but haven't got a response yet.

If they had to cut a portion, I don't get why they didn't cut the portion at the end. That's way less arbitrary than cutting a Kong's segment.

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
Holy ****, he's right. No Lanky verse OR Chunky verse. The song just abruptly starts over from the beginning.

I have no words.

Zynux

Smash Lord
D

Deleted member

I don't know why Kiddy Kong was hated, maybe its because of the way he acted in DKC3. Chunky Kong being Kiddy's older brother is probably what led to Chunky not being very well received. Its also notable that those two are the only Kongs not to appear in multiple games, and the only Kongs (along with Swanky) not to appear in Barrel Blast in any way, shape, or form (Candy ran the Mission Mode called Candy's Challenges in that game).
Kiddy can be summed up in one sentence: He wasn't DK.

Top Bottom