• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I probably didn't have the chanceo or time to post on this thread, but now I got time to do it, I will have to post this.

I would like to join the list of Kremling Kutthroats. I must admit I was looking at this board for a long while and each time I have a lot of interest on the character, honestly I'm surprised he wasn't revealed yet, K.Rool would work nicely in the Smah formula. Can I be invited as a new member of the Kutthroats @one333 ?
Check your inbox. ;)

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
Just dropping by to say I still support K.Rool. Shame about the character threads closing, but it's kinda understandable. With the drought of news, and with speculation and ideas already discussed numerous times already. Not sure if I'll be posting much still, I'll probably just read and observe threads here and there as usual.

Ok so I woke up to a bunch of alerts. I invited who I could but college wi fi isn't the best.

If you didnt get one double check your conversations and then tag me if it didn't work.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
http://www.gamnesia.com/podcasts/re...ething-they-proposed-to-nintendo-and-it-could

So we have some informations about Retro Studio's next game and we learned that what they're working on is something they proposed themselves to Nintendo. Could be a brand new IP, but only could.

I don't think we'll learn what's behind the scenes anytime soon (for E3 2016 at the earliest I suppose), but considering they wanted themselves to do it and considering they may potentially want to close their second trilogy, I'd say it gives a fair chance of it actually being a DK game. In which case, I'm hoping it'll be a 3D title that brings K. Rool back.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
It's been fun guys.

Hopefully we can all meet here again in the near future!

D

Deleted member

Figure that I might as well make one last stop by here.

It was a pleasure being part of the Kremling Krew. While I'm not optimistic about King K. Rool being DLC anymore, I really do believe that we have made a difference. It is because of our efforts why I am confident King K. Rool will return to the Donkey Kong franchise and I do believe that he will show up as a playable character by the time the next proper Smash game comes around.

It's hard to believe that speculation took up so much of my life for four years, for better or worse. I may not post that often anymore but what I do have are memories that will last forever. If nothing else, Smashboards brought to life what I consider to be my greatest assets, my ability to analyze, take in information, and make sound judgments and conclusions (even if I'm wrong most of the time). It has been quite a journey for me and I'm sure for other long-time members as well.

Oh and before I forget:
LONG LIVE THE KREMLING KUTTHROATS!

Last edited by a moderator:

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
I haven't posted here at all, I've mostly just been lurking, but I'd enjoy an invite so I could lurk the new thread.

Awakining

Smash Apprentice
Well, given the closing of these forums, and my sporadic activity, this will probably be the last time I post in this thread (or any for a while). That being said, it has been an honor serving with you, komrades, and I hope to see you all in new waters, whether they may be the new thread, or a K. Rool character sub forum. Thanks.

Last edited:

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
http://www.gamnesia.com/podcasts/re...ething-they-proposed-to-nintendo-and-it-could

So we have some informations about Retro Studio's next game and we learned that what they're working on is something they proposed themselves to Nintendo. Could be a brand new IP, but only could.

I don't think we'll learn what's behind the scenes anytime soon (for E3 2016 at the earliest I suppose), but considering they wanted themselves to do it and considering they may potentially want to close their second trilogy, I'd say it gives a fair chance of it actually being a DK game. In which case, I'm hoping it'll be a 3D title that brings K. Rool back.
Actually, it's been said they had it ready to show at E3, so we could see it next Nintendo direct, but honestly I'm expecting it next year to release, although we may not get it announced until beginning of next year

oinkers12

Smash Apprentice
I know I said I would save this for October 30th, but I feel like I may not have time then, so this will be my official farewell to this thread on October 28, 2015!

On April 1, 2015, I entered into the Super Smash Bros. Ballot "King K. Rool" of Donkey Kong Country. I thought that the idea of this character was just a pipedream but I was hopeful. That was until I found this thread. It was great. It was a large community of K. Rool lovers and I spent most of my days lurking here, watching the lovely conversations and the "One of Us" posts fly through.

I then decided to finally post something. It was then when I received the "One of Us" video and truly felt completely welcome. I've never spent extensive time on a thread before and it just felt great to be a part of one.

I love K. Rool as a character so much. He's conniving, evil, yet has a brilliant sense of style and playfulness. He's probably one of (if not) Nintendo's scariest villains. Part of the reason why I want him in Smash Bros. (other than the personality and moveset he could have) is that there are not enough villains. He is the only Nintendo villain (perhaps other than Meta Knight) that I want to play as.

We've been through a lot as a thread. The Mii Costume debacle, all of the untrue rumors, and general animosity. However, we Kutthroats pulled through.

I'm just really sad that this thread is closing before the announcement of even one character. I was hoping that where I started would be where I celebrated. However, all good things must come to an end eventually, and I'll be on the new social thread when (hopefully) K. Rool's glorious character trailer shows up on Nintendo's Youtube and I immediately start playing it with others online.

Also, I just wanted to thank not only Bkupa and Smashboards, but all of the Kutthroats who helped make my summer great and my days since the ballot opened eventful. For 6 whole months this thread has provided me with laughs, speculation, or both to get me through the day. And for that, I thank you! I REALLY hope that the Kutthroats all migrate to our new thread and start the process over! It wouldn't be the same without each and every one of you!

So, as my final post, I will say goodbye thread and I hope if anyone is daring to read through the entire archive, they'll find a pleasant and worthwhile time!

-oinkers12, Kutthroat

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
>King R. Rool
I suspect that these things have the potential to create a rift within the Kutthroats. After all, who's going to want to play as King R. Rool when King R. Cool's already in town? He'd be decried as a pointless clone, but would have his own fans himself, and I tell you, there'll be war!

:laugh:

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
So guys, should I be investing my efforts into making support groups for King R. Cool and King R. Rool instead of King K. Rool? It seems as though these gaming articles have made them more relevant than K. Rool among today's silent majority of casuals.

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
Well then, I think it's time for me to say goodbye to this thread and move to the new one. For now, this will be my final post here, until the thread is hopefully reopened on a K. Rool subforum.

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Well, I guess I'll make one more post in here to say goodbye to the thread on which I've spent a whole lot of time and effort over the past 3.5 years. It's been about as much of a rollercoaster ride as a support thread can be for Smash, but it's been a wholly wonderful time with hundreds of amazing, bright people, the cream of the crop in the much-moaned about "speculah" community.

We've done so much to advance the K. Rool cause since our inception...seriously, in May 2012, K. Rool was as good as a dead character walking, but through our efforts, we've pushed him to being the most requested Nintendo newcomer with a future virtually guaranteed, in DK games if not Smash, with acknowledgement from Playtonic, Retro and maybe even Sakurai (being runner-up in that POTD contest, the costume).

Twitter has done a great deal for us along the way since July 2014...thanks a million to @toadster101 for that; he's been as involved with the account as I have as of the past few months, during which I've been dealing with trying real world stuff. This thread, though, has been the heart for us the whole time. I said it in a past video, but it's been a patch in the quilt that has been an awesome past few years for me. I'll never forget that, and all the awesome times being "one of you" in here.

So, if this is just a break before we get this thread brought back in full force in a K. Rool sub-forum, then see you later. If the ballot amounted to nothing substantial and this is goodbye, thanks for the memories, and I'll be sure to revisit the closed thread from time to time whenever I'm in need of a pick-me-up, to revisit some of them...the Kritters being revealed, the ballot showing up, @bellboy64 and his art reveals, the Retro acknowledgments, the list goes on and on.

We've made our mark. What better note to end on as we sail off into the sunset?

Last edited:
As the Character Discussion thread closes, I though I'd post this here as well:

I posted this to BDee thread as well. It's not from DK series, but I think it's fitting.

Top Bottom