• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Someone never saw the Rayman thread during the Omni leak.
Oh yeah, I remember that night. Good times, good times~

Still an impressive tally, considering the initial shock has faded and we're now dealing with the fallout. Or is everybody here in anticipation of the next Mii costume reveals?

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Can someone post a link where the big Update or the direct is going to be aired. Im way too curious
It's tomorrow, no direct announced so far :4pacman:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm sure this has been discussed to death over the past few days, but I just found out about it now and I'd like to get my thoughts down.

I don't know if this Mii costume is a confirmation that he won't be playable (from a pessimistic side, it seems like the developers are using the Mii costume to acknowledge his popularity while saying that they don't want to make the character; from an optimistic side, they're acknowledging his popularity, and given that Miis can't look or act like K. Rool, there's no possible way that the two could be confused if K. Rool is made into a playable character), but this whole thing frustrates me.

Before Smash Bros. 4 was officially announced, I only wanted a handful of newcomers (aside from all of the Brawl veterans and Mewtwo returning - I see no reason why unique characters should be cut, and while I get that hardware limitations make the Ice Climbers impossible in their usual state, there's no reason why they can't be altered, and there's no reason why so many unique characters should be cut entirely).

-Mega Man - the mascot of a major third party company; his inclusion would also act as a way for Capcom to get some positive publicity after cancelling several Mega Man games and leaving Mega Man out of two different versions of Marvel vs. Capcom 3
-Little Mac - his franchise was recently revived, and seeing as it's based around boxing, it makes sense to include him in a fighting game
-Ridley and K. Rool - Smash Bros. doesn't have much villains to begin with, and both Donkey Kong and Metroid are rather poorly represented.

Obviously, we got Little Mac and Mega Man, but seeing Ridley turned into a stage hazard/pinata after months of ambiguity was incredibly annoying; Sakurai using "he's too big" as part of his excuse for excluding him just made it worse, given that plenty of fan efforts seemed to indicate that getting him to a reasonable size was doable. The sheer number of cuts from Brawl, and some rather questionable character choices (Wii Fit Trainer and, even if he barely took any effort, Dark Pit) didn't help.

Aside from Snake, the main character that I was hoping to get from this DLC was K. Rool. It made sense - even in the final game, Donkey Kong was represented quite poorly as a whole, which really stood out given that it had several major releases since Brawl. K. Rool's been demonstrated to be pretty popular worldwide, even in Japan, so it seems unlikely that he'd be left out of the running like this.

I'm hoping that K. Rool is still planned for DLC and the development team didn't realize the impact that something like this would have, but I thought the same thing about Ridley (figuring there's no way the team would be so tone-deaf as to take one of the most wanted characters and turn them into a stage hazard) and I was wrong there. I want to be optimistic about all of this, but I just don't know (then again, I haven't had time to read the last twenty or so pages; if there's anything on there that might give me some hope, I'd like to know).

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Seriously, I'm really curious to see the like/dislike ratio for the YouTube video showcasing the new wave of Mii costumes when it will be posted. This is going to be funny. (It's not going to be like Federation Force as far as number of views or raw number of dislikes will go, though.)

D

Deleted member

Just a heads up. I DID visit the Rayman thread when the rumor happened, but i didn't notice the Viewer count thing back then.(and also i dind't had an account yet, but that's beside the point)

This makes me realize..........
What would have happened if Artsy had used K.Rool instead of Rayman back then when he did the "leak"......

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Just a heads up. I DID visit the Rayman thread when the rumor happened, but i didn't notice the Viewer count thing back then.(and also i dind't had an account yet, but that's beside the point)

What would have happened if Artsy had used K.Rool instead of Rayman back then when he did the "leak"......
The internet would have exploded.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

The Pacific Ocean would have been marveled at the amount of salt on the Internet.

Last edited:

Tom the Scrublord

Smash Cadet
Yo. I think I have an interesting theory....

Ever notice how most of the costumes based characters reuse models assets from previous games?

Looking at the K Rool costume, I noticed there are NO MODELS that match up to it

What if Sakurai made a new K Rool model, and is planning to release K Rool?

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion

Ever notice how most of the costumes based characters reuse models assets from previous games?

Looking at the K Rool costume, I noticed there are NO MODELS that match up to it

I'd love to think so but we all know Samurai by now, he's unpredictable and a master troll.

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
guys, it said : AM in the morning.

[News] July 31 to the morning of (gold), will be conducted an update for WiiU version / 3DS version. WiiU version of the tournament features, in addition to replay posting function, we will deliver pay additional content (Mii fighter costume, stage).

right now 16h23 EAST. Is 05:23 JAPAN.

we can all say that morning end 12:00pm

At least we got 6h30 hours from the update.

So 11h00 EAST is 12h00 PM JAPAN.

We will sure get thee update in the same time that japanese player ( online play needded)

Last edited:

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Rather than a direct tomorrow. Our best hope is that the programmers are yet again, dumb enough to leave data of future characters in the patch like with Roy and Ryu. If not, it will be only uncertainity until the next official Direct.
October 3rd is the true definitive day of K. Rool or K. Noo.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

Are they based on previous games? Regardless, K. Rool's assets are definitely brand new. He doesn't have nearly so high of a quality character model based on the original Rare design. This is obviously brand new (which makes you wonder why they did it just for a costume).

Rather than a direct tomorrow. Our best hope is that the programmers are yet again, dumb enough to leave data of future characters in the patch like with Roy and Ryu. If not, it will be only uncertainity until the next official Direct.
There won't be a Direct tomorrow, but they could say something or comment on it. I'm sure the western release will have a quick video showing everything off instead of Twitter.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I've been going to bed around 5-7 each day. I happened to wake up around 2 when the K. Rool news broke, and didn't notice it for a little while later. The next night I got up too early to see what was next.

Luigi player

Smash Master
How hype would it be if they found K. Rool data on it.. damn (of course less hype than a trailer, but still!).

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
How hype would it be if they found K. Rool data on it.. damn (of course less hype than a trailer, but still!).
I think if they found K. Rool data, we'd be more breathing a sigh of relief than getting excited that he's coming.

Rattle-Kalimba

Smash Apprentice
Man it's really obvious taht Sakurai gives a flying you no what for the DK Franchise. Look how little fanserive we got this SSB compare to other franchises:

- DK has only got one! One freaking new stage and this time we had a Handheld and a freaking console version! KI nad FE both got one new stage for each version adn DK only one in a whole!

- Second it's again a freaking jungle stage! How unimaginative can this guy get. Fire Emblem also didn't get just castles for stages or Super Mario also didn't always get the Mushroom Kingdom everytime as a temöate for a new stage. Why DK always has to stick with those boring jungle levels? Some of them aren't even locations from the original Games. Look at those two generic jungle stages in Melee. Why not something more original like a pirate ship, of a factory or if they have to use something with a jungle environment why not soemthing that takes place in some jungle ruins or Frozen DK Island from TF?

- DK has compare to other series a ridiculous low amount of playable characters. Only two. They didn't even scratched the surface. FE has 5 freaking characters. 5 characters! KI has 3 and Pokémon had ove rthe years 9 playable characters! What vthe hell Nintendo?

- DK does not even have one freaking AT and KI got 2 and FE I think also 2. Zeldas has 4 and even F-Zero has got at least 1. DK has nothing. Why?

- Same goes for the Smash Run enemies. Look how much enemies we have from KI? allmost 15 and DK only 2?

- DK also has got no Items form his series in the Smash Bros. Series.

It's really clear for me, that DK along with F-Zero is the franchise that Sakurais ignores the most.

KKR better get in this time.

neohopeSTF

Smash Journeyman
NNID
abcdefgf
Switch FC
SW-0259-5915-4107
Man it's really obvious taht Sakurai gives a flying you no what for the DK Franchise. Look how little fanserive we got this SSB compare to other franchises:

- DK has only got one! One freaking new stage and this time we had a Handheld and a freaking console version! KI nad FE both got one new stage for each version adn DK only one in a whole!

- Second it's again a freaking jungle stage! How unimaginative can this guy get. Fire Emblem also didn't get just castles for stages or Super Mario also didn't always get the Mushroom Kingdom everytime as a temöate for a new stage. Why DK always has to stick with those boring jungle levels? Some of them aren't even locations from the original Games. Look at those two generic jungle stages in Melee. Why not something more original like a pirate ship, of a factory or if they have to use something with a jungle environment why not soemthing that takes place in some jungle ruins or Frozen DK Island from TF?

- DK has compare to other series a ridiculous low amount of playable characters. Only two. They didn't even scratched the surface. FE has 5 freaking characters. 5 characters! KI has 3 and Pokémon had ove rthe years 9 playable characters! What vthe hell Nintendo?

- DK does not even have one freaking AT and KI got 2 and FE I think also 2. Zeldas has 4 and even F-Zero has got at least 1. DK has nothing. Why?

- Same goes for the Smash Run enemies. Look how much enemies we have from KI? allmost 15 and DK only 2?

It's really clear for me, that DK along with F-Zero is the franchise that Sakurais ignores the most.

KI got alot of stuff because of favoritism and left over assests. The reason the DK series and to a similar extent the Metroid series aren't represented well is because they aren't popular outside of Japan that much.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465

Looking this all over...yikes, it's all true.
Why massive hero, Sakurai?

KawaiiPiranha

Smash Journeyman

Yep, this is also important to note.
This is a 100% unique model that has never been seen before. K.Rool hasn't used this design since DK64. It's promising.

Pakky

Smash Hero
KI got alot of stuff because of favoritism and left over assests. The reason the DK series and to a similar extent the Metroid series aren't represented well is because they aren't popular outside of Japan that much.
Sakurai: I can't put a flying dragon in the game's roster

*Puts a flying dragon in the game's roster.

Someone once told me that flying wasn't a big part of Charizard's character. That person is a fool...

cybersai

Smash Ace
I honestly suggest everyone here to buy the King K. Rool Mii outfit. High sales for the Mii outfit along with the ballot will show there's high demand for the character. If the Mii outfit sells poorly it will look like nobody cares.

BUY the K. Rool Mii outfit. Show your support.

Pakky

Smash Hero
I honestly suggest everyone here to buy the King K. Rool Mii outfit. High sales for the Mii outfit along with the ballot will show there's high demand for the character. If the Mii outfit sells poorly it will look like nobody cares.

The pain is great but I agree. Man I want a King K amiibo.

Last edited:

Awakining

Smash Apprentice

I don't know, I'd be too concerned that buying it will show that we're content with it and nothing more. But if there are no purchases, they could think that K. Rool is truly obsolete and unpopular outside of trolls, with all votes coming from them for the sole purpose of cheesing the ballot, and leave him out of smash for at minimum the next few iterations, if not permanently.

A tricky situation indeed, in my opinion.

Last edited:

Sirfishe

Smash Ace

but its not king k rool though x(

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Our best hope is that the programmers are yet again, dumb enough to leave data of future characters in the patch like with Roy and Ryu.
That probably won't happen again, but what if they place trollish data on purpose for the data-miners?
snd_bgm_Z84_F_Shrek_3DS.nus3bank

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
I'm a F-Zero nut, but since Nintendo refuses to make a new one, there's only so much new stuff you can use from it. (Although new songs besides more goddamn Mute City would be appreciated). DK on the other hand had a massively successful revival in between Brawl and 4. Hell, F-Zero at least has an Assist Trophy, which is more than can be said for DK.

I'm also not buying the K. Rool costume. I don't care what message it sends, I'm not spending my money on a slap in the face.

Last edited:
Like I said earlier, I'm not buying the Mii Costume, because I don't use Mii Fighters, I don't like them and I will despise them if K. Rool doesn't get in because "Mii Costume is enough".

TheLethalPacifist

Smash Cadet
I'm not buying the costume, but it is a catch-22 where if we buy it then NIntendo will go "oh they're satisfied with this mockery" but if we don't they'll go "well I guess K. Rool isn't that popular."

Pakky

Smash Hero
That probably won't happen again, but what if they place trollish data on purpose for the data-miners?
snd_bgm_Z84_F_Shrek_3DS.nus3bank
snd_bgm_Z84_F_Pichu_WiiU.nus3bank

* six weeks later

"Hey guys Young Ramsay here"

Top Bottom