• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
If it's really armor...

I guess this wasn't exactly the most correct thing
Who makes armor that has an outie belly button, anyway?

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
If it's really armor...

I guess this wasn't exactly the most correct thing
Who makes armor that has an outie belly button, anyway?
There's nothing wrong with this render. Nintendo's version of K. Rool foregoes the armor and just gives him a flesh colored belly, which I like. What I don't like is the fact that they removed his tail. Overall, I want his Smash incarnation to look like this.

StormC

Smash Hero
K. Rool's PAON redesign is just that, a redesign. It intentionally took away the armor and exposed his belly.

I used to prefer the PAON design, but more and more I'm starting to really dig the Rare design. A hybrid would probably be best, but something like Smashified would be perfectly fine too.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
...my life is a lie...

...but then again, I'm one of those heathens who knows the King best from DK64, and I suppose if I'd have looked closer, you can see there's no golden belly in his fight suit...If it were, you should be able to see the pecs at least.

Honestly though, I couldn't care less if he got his old or new design, gold or tan belly, tail or not, I just want to see him in!

EDIT: Holy **** how far graphics have come. I remember when this looked phenomenal...

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Imagine if King K. had his Golden Belly that granted him permanent Super Armor if tried to be hit from the front as well as having the Hylian Shield properties
Top Tier instantly :estatic:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
But
Belly Button
???
:confused::dizzy:
He comes in style.

I think the only reason more people want a hybrid of him is so he can look modern with the rest of the current nintendo characters. Though if it were up to me I'd go with the Rare design completely. I miss the long snout, big teeth, big crown, tail, and really bloodshot eye. And yeah, the golden belly armor is what really stood him out as well imo.

StormC

Smash Hero
I think some aspects of the original design run the risk of looking stiff in a game as dynamic as Smash Bros., but we've never seen a 21st century HD version of it so one can't say for sure. I agree though that the original design captured perfectly a mix of comedic and sinister traits.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I think some aspects of the original design run the risk of looking stiff in a game as dynamic as Smash Bros., but we've never seen a 21st century HD version of it so one can't say for sure. I agree though that the original design captured perfectly a mix of comedic and sinister traits.
:4megaman:This guy says otherwise plus:4dk:basically still looks like he always has since the first DKC game. Oh, let's not forget:4wiremac:alt. costume as well.

I really want a dark green K. Rool. I like the Smashfied render as well.
I think he looks more sinister as dark green as well but I would'nt mind if he was the same green as in my avatar either.

StormC

Smash Hero
:4megaman:This guy says otherwise plus:4dk:basically still looks like he always has since the first DKC game. Oh, let's not forget:4wiremac:alt. costume as well.
That isn't quite what I'm talking about, though. When I say "stiff," I mean the body isn't designed to look especially mobile. He has short stubby legs compared to his PAON design and a fairly rigid torso. It isn't as easy to imagine him jumping around and bending into all sorts of poses as Smash characters are wont to do.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Hybrid is definitely the best. I've always preferred PAON proportions, and find Rare Rool a little odd in places, but Rare has several small details I like and looks more menacing overall. Smashified is the perfect mix to me if you gave it a golden belly and longer tail.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
That isn't quite what I'm talking about, though. When I say "stiff," I mean the body isn't designed to look especially mobile. He has short stubby legs compared to his PAON design and a fairly rigid torso. It isn't as easy to imagine him jumping around and bending into all sorts of poses as Smash characters are wont to do.
If :4dedede:,:4metaknight:,:4kirby:can manage then I'm sure so can our king.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'm surprised how many people here didn't realize that K. Rool's golden belly was just armor...? I mean, I figured that much as well for a long time.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I used to think it was just a gold-coloured belly. Never really gave it too much thought, really. When I saw the PAON redesign, I thought, "Aww, they changed the colour of his belly." NOT "Aww, they removed his golden armour."

Considering the rest of his body is bare, wearing nothing except a piece of armour isn't really that first thing to occur to a child, I's say. :p

:231:

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
I always thought it was his natural, possibly augmented, chest. That was my want anyway. Looks so much cooler as a shiny golden stomach rather than the fleshy blubber imo.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
I'm surprised how many people here didn't realize that K. Rool's golden belly was just armor...? I mean, I figured that much as well for a long time.
It's a lot more obvious when you consider the cape, which is clearly hooked onto the armor:

Also has the same texture as his bracelets.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I always thought it was armor.

StormC

Smash Hero
This reminds me of people arguing whether or not it was a saddle or shell on Yoshi's back.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Not to go off topic from the armor discussion just wanted to share!

My K. Rool Kollection is growing!

Found a little guy on Ebay apparently he was in Kelloggs cereal as a prize back in 97. He's clearly based off the TV show, I got him from France lol.

My goal is to collect all current K. Rool merchandise and of course make some of my own till there's official stuff lol.

image.jpg

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
Referring to the statement about the golden gut being armour...
If my limited knowledge is correct, that golden belly of his actually is armour, and his cape is attached to it. The original Kremling designs depict them wearing armour of a similar design, sort of visible below:

I've just assumed that with the Paon model (the K. Rool design used after Rare died), he's discarded the armour and chosen to wear just the cape. Who knows WHY, but y'know.
I totally called it :chuckle:

StormC

Smash Hero
So...would it be too on-the-nose to have K. Rool fight Ridley in his trailer? ;)

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
I have a feeling/theory that over the years K. Rool got too fat to even fit the armour on himself, so he got rid of it, revealing his belly's actual colour.

If you look at the Rare design and the new one, you can definitely see a width difference on the belly.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
So...would it be too on-the-nose to have K. Rool fight Ridley in his trailer? ;)
So long as that means a playable Ridley as well, that would be the best trailer ever. Seriously, they could charge me almost any amount for that DLC.

Sir_Killz

Smash Cadet
I would explode, that would be awesome. How would love to see the trailer go is a little bit of a stretch but would be awesome. I would like to see Mario and DK giving Bowser a beat down, like absolutely smashing the crap out of him. Mario F-smashes him into the side and DK charges up a super punch. Just as he walks over to Bowser to finish him off. Boom down smashes the King with his signature song blasting in the background.

StormC

Smash Hero
A trailer that involves Bowser, Ganondorf and Dedede would be pretty...boss.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
...my life is a lie...

...but then again, I'm one of those heathens who knows the King best from DK64, and I suppose if I'd have looked closer, you can see there's no golden belly in his fight suit...If it were, you should be able to see the pecs at least.

Honestly though, I couldn't care less if he got his old or new design, gold or tan belly, tail or not, I just want to see him in!

EDIT: Holy **** how far graphics have come. I remember when this looked phenomenal...
I still does
Its a fricking K.Rool in boxing outfit coming from the sky!
How dare you!!!
Get Out !

Last edited:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I don't know why but I feel that K. Rool should return as Kaptain K. Rool for most of the story of DKCR3 being how Tropical Freeze had a lot of DKC2 music. I think it'd be cool seeing him and his kremling kutthroats come ashore on their boats and pirate ship. For boss battles, you'd face him in Kaptain form in maybe the 4th or 3rd world and then for the final showdown you fight him in his King form whereas he still uses his moves and weapons from the first battle but also has a bunch of new tricks to throw at you as well.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
The real question is how does that armor stay on his stomach?
Plot Twist: The Armor was so skin-tight, it was slowly killing him on the inside, forcing him to take it off which slowly led to his new, girthier design
I still can't find a SFM Model for King K.
*cri cri*

Top Bottom