• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

SmashAdr

Smash Apprentice
King K Rool at e3.. First the new DK game will reveal kremlings.. Then his model for smash

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Even though Roy and Ryu may not be the most interesting of characters, it's great to know that we're getting BOTH out of the way right now, instead of us having to twiddle our thumbs, waiting for the characters between now and August/September. That frees up time for Wolf and maybe an early ballot choice later.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
EVERYTHING "RYU" SCREAMS STREET FIGHTER II TURBO!!
HIS EIGHT COLORS ARE ALL HIS 8 COLORS FROM TURBO!!
THE ANNOUNCER PRONOUNCES "RYU" LIKE IN TURBO!!
THE CROWD CHANTS SOUND LIKE RYU CHANTS FROM TURBO!!

IS IT 1995 AGAIN!?!?

WHO TURNED BACK THE CLOCK 20 YEARS!?!?!?!?
WHY AM I NOT ON MY DAD'S OLD WINDOWS 91, AND WHY AM I 24 AND NOT 4!?!?!?!?

Seriously guys, Mega Man, Pac-Man, Mario, Luigi, Princess Toadstool (Peach), Bowser and his 7 Koopaling children (aka all 8 of the bosses from Super Mario Bros 3), Sonic the Hedgehog, my favorite game ever at the time), Yoshi, Link, Young Link, Zelda, Ganon, Fox McCloud, the Punch-Out guy who gets pink when he's tired (Little Mac), Falco Lombardi, Samus, Samus but a girl with no clothes (pre-Zero Suit Samus), Ridley, Metroids, Kraid, Tails, Knuckles, Galaga enemies, Proto Man outfits, Elect Man, Dr. Wily, the Yellow Devil, Rush, the spinning fire things from Mario, bomb-ombs, Mega Man X outfits, Zero outfits, Kirby, King Dedede, Meta Knight, Waddle Dees, Whisper Woods, Piranha Plants, Goombas, Koopa Troopas, Shy Guys, Toad, Hammer Bros, the fake Mario from Mario Land 2: 6 Gold Coins (aka Wario), The Blue Falcon Guy (Captain Falcon), Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Klap Traps, Cranky Kong, the kid with the baseball hat from that awful ad (Ness), the blue and pink guys from that crappy NES game my grandfather has (The Ice Climbers), the entire game of Duck Hunt, and now freaking Ryu are in Smash (along with an Akuma outfit and a few other Street Fighter outfits)...

...The only thing missing from my 1995 gaming experiences in Smash as playable characters or NPC's are Simon Belmont, Tetris blocks, Crono from Chrono Trigger, Dixie Kong, and one King K. Rool.

This is how I feel right now with Ryu and the nostalgia (but make it 144p, stiff moving, brightly colored, and kinda blurry):

Last edited:

Rattle-Kalimba

Smash Apprentice
I think King K. Rool chances are gone.... looks like Roy won the ballott battle. I knew that people loved their veterans but I really had the hopes that the king will make it this time with the smash ballott. That shows me that the king, dixie and all the other DKC-Characters are more Rareware characters. Nintendo really do not see them as iconic all-stars for their library.

To bad what happend to Rareware.Im sure that they would have mad their own Rareware-Allstar game by now. Their was actually a crossover Racing game planned for the XBOX360 and if MS never bought them, i'm sure we could have seen this game on the Gamecube with Banjo, Conker, Kameo and Joanna Dark racing against DK, Diddy, Dixie and for sure King K. Rool.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I think King K. Rool chances are gone.... looks like Roy had won the ballott battle. I knew that people loved their veterans but I really had the hopes that the king will make it this time. That shows me that the king, dixie and all the other DKC-Characters are more rareware characters. Nintendo really do not see them as iconic all-stars for their library.
ROY WAS WORKED ON BEFORE THE BALLOT WAS ANNOUNCED, THE BALLOT'S IMPLIED TO HAVE MULTIPLE CHARACTERS AND THE BALLOT END IN OCTOBER

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'm not really sure why people are giving up all of a sudden. We've known of Roy and Ryu's existence for over a month now.

:231:

NNID
AwesomeCauliflwr
3DS FC
0576-6167-0092
This is pretty bitter bitter sweet sweet for me. Bitter because K Rool should have gotten in before thses two, sweet because they are getting released really soon with more time for the ballot. Bitter because of Roy, sweet because of Ryu.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Roy, and hell, even Ryu look mad hype. Watched that Roy video like, 5 times in a row, and I KNEW we where getting him already. So that bodes well for my future King K.Rool hype. Or Isaac hype. Or Dixie hype. Or Impa hype. Yes, this is gonna be some good stuff!

Also, I now realise how much I missed John's emotional rantings. <3

Last edited:

S.P.A.D.

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Lavama
Seriously, Roy's files were found pretty soon after the ballet's release. The King still has a chance!

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
ROY WAS WORKED ON BEFORE THE BALLOT WAS ANNOUNCED, THE BALLOT'S IMPLIED TO HAVE MULTIPLE CHARACTERS AND THE BALLOT END IN OCTOBER
These files were leaked before the ballot happened lmao. I can't believe people actually think they weren't worked on earlier.

Work on Roy full-time probably began early this year, and work on Ryu probably has been a stop-go thing for a while. If anything , Ryu was the only "guaranteed" cut character to be DLC other than Mewtwo due to the legal difficulties and popularity he has.

Listening to the music sound files and Kirby sound files, I noticed something:
-"Roy!" announcer call emulates his Melee announcer call. Ryu's announcer calll emulates his Turbo announcer call.
-Roy's crowd chant is a "Roy's our Boy!" chant at the same rhythm from the one in Melee. The "Ryu! Ryu! Ryu!" chant I think is from Street Fighter II.

And again:
-The Street Fighter II series came out about the same time as the Donkey Kong Country series.
-Ryu's 8 outfits are his only 8 outfits in Turbo. His moves, Final Smash , stage, and some of his taunts are are from Turbo.
-We now have an Akuma Mii Fighter outfit, and Akuma debuted in Street Fighter II.

These are throwbacks. THROWBACKS!

Roy's to Melee (with some Awakening and Fire Emblem 6 stuff thrown in), and Ryu's to Street Fighter II Turbo, the latter of which is from the same time period as Donkey Kong Country. That should be a hint-hint, nudge-nudge, the development team likes those throwbacks.

You know what other character would be a great throwback to that time period? King K. Rool!

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I think King K. Rool chances are gone.... looks like Roy won the ballott battle. I knew that people loved their veterans but I really had the hopes that the king will make it this time with the smash ballott. That shows me that the king, dixie and all the other DKC-Characters are more Rareware characters. Nintendo really do not see them as iconic all-stars for their library.

To bad what happend to Rareware.Im sure that they would have mad their own Rareware-Allstar game by now. Their was actually a crossover Racing game planned for the XBOX360 and if MS never bought them, i'm sure we could have seen this game on the Gamecube with Banjo, Conker, Kameo and Joanna Dark racing against DK, Diddy, Dixie and for sure King K. Rool.
You...you think Roy is here because of the ballot? Even though we've known about him since barely 13 days after said ballot was announced? No, absolutely not. Fret not. They've said the ballot is going until October. No. Roy's a pre-ballot character.

Holy crap though, I wish I hadn't seen those leak images (I refuse to watch the videos) but goddamn, Ryu and Roy look gorgeous.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
You...you think Roy is here because of the ballot? Even though we've known about him since barely 13 days after said ballot was announced? No, absolutely not. Fret not. They've said the ballot is going until October. No. Roy's a pre-ballot character.

Holy crap though, I wish I hadn't seen those leak images (I refuse to watch the videos) but goddamn, Ryu and Roy look gorgeous.
Gorgeous.

Gorgeous but generic.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Gorgeous.

Gorgeous but generic.

I mean, I guess? I don't really see why it matters; Ryu may look "generic" but he's one of the most iconic video game characters of all time, especially to people from the SNES Era. *points at John...and back at myself*.

People like to throw generic around to diminish something, can't we be happy for the people who got their characters pre-ballot? It might not be the one you want, but seriously. Alot of people are pretty damn happy right now, I know for certain.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
I mean, I guess? I don't really see why it matters; Ryu may look "generic" but he's one of the most iconic video game characters of all time, especially to people from the SNES Era. *points at John...and back at myself*.

People like to throw generic around to diminish something, can't we be happy for the people who got their characters pre-ballot? It might not be the one you want, but seriously. Alot of people are pretty damn happy right now, I know for certain.
I'm just upset.
I have been since the datamine leak.
It's a factor of there are really... 3 newcomers for the full game I've gotten excited about.
Thus why I kinda said "don't take anything here to heart" by the SaltGirls image.

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
I'm not really sure why people are giving up all of a sudden. We've known of Roy and Ryu's existence for over a month now.

Because the capacity to deduce is a trainable skill and some people have not trained it. These are typically the people that have been spoon fed preformatted information for too long, notably through TV and/or social media.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

People should be hyped that the Smash 4 devs capture the characters, series, and importance in such a way that feels familiar yet fresh. They also are specifically targeting one game adaptation for the DLC characters.

For Mewtwo and Roy it's Melee, Lucas it's Brawl, Ryu it's Street Fighter II, and K. Rool it's obviously Donkey Kong Country.

If you apply all that cool stuff to K. Rool, you can come up with so many cool fan service things they could run with.

That should get you excited, not demotivated.

Last edited:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
I'm going to assume that Ryu isn't getting a CGI trailer. Which means DLC newcomers don't get trailers like the others. It's not surprising but it's a bit dissapointing.

Either way Roy and Ryu getting out of the way leaves more room for the King to step in at any moment! Just keep voting dont lose hope! They have nothing to do with the ballot!

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I'm going to assume that Ryu isn't getting a CGI trailer. Which means DLC newcomers don't get trailers like the others. It's not surprising but it's a bit dissapointing.
Not all of the trailers had CGI. Wii Fit Trainer's had barely if any at all, Villager's did for mostly non-Villager parts, The Mii Fighter's didn't use that (Reggie and Iwata did tho), Pac-Man's didn't, Duck Hunt's only used it for the NES Zapper part, and Mewtwo's and Lucas' never used it at all.

Also, none of the DLC character trailers are DLC. That's why the only thing we are seeing are for Lucas, Roy, and Ryu in this are their Classic/All-Star victory cut scenes.

The actual trailer for Ryu and Roy will be out in roughly 24 hours in the Nintendo Direct.

Hopefully it's not all we get, and Nintendo still has a few surprises left.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ryu is actually pretty cool, but I don't think I'm ready for 5 Fire Emblem characters to 2 Donkey Kong characters, even though I normally like Roy.
This indeed would've been a lot less messy if we didn't have Lucina around, I agree. However I have hope. I think there's a real good chance we'll get both Dixie Kong and King K.Rool.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community

Oh please, don't think Roy won the ballot vote. If he somehow did, Nintendo would at least have the foresight to realize that he would be one of the most reviled choices by everybody who didn't request him and include an additional ballot character. . .And Ryu's name sure as hell was nowhere on that ballot.

This is the part of the thread where people will come in and tell you to not hate on other characters, then get 20 likes from fans of those characters. In response, I'll tell you that they were also saying that before DLC was announced and it looked like K. Rool was shut down for good.

yani

Smash Lord
I don't know why I suddenly have a really good feeling about K.Rools chances, but I do......

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Even though Roy and Ryu may not be the most interesting of characters, it's great to know that we're getting BOTH out of the way right now, instead of us having to twiddle our thumbs, waiting for the characters between now and August/September. That frees up time for Wolf and maybe an early ballot choice later.
Is it so hard...cant K.Rool just make it plz...for once can i get a newcomer...plz..just 1...
Am i asking for too much...

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
So let me get this straight, the MINI smash direct is happening TOMORROW. And do you all think we'll be getting more smash news for e3? I feel like this mini direct is just to cap up all the stuff we've been hearing the past few months. I saw this news from 10 miles away that we're getting today. btw. No surprise whatsoever. And tbh I'm kind of fine with roy and ryu, roy not so much but.... fire emblem gets all the priority if we haven't figured that one out by now. Ryu seems like he'll be a super fun character to play, maybe the speed of cpt. falcon with dope arcade combos~

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Roy isn't a ballot character, if any DLC character would've been a ballot character it'd obviously be Mewtwo. Seeing as Mewtwo was really THE most obvious, most popular pick. Yes, even before our King. And yes, even before Ridley.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Roy isn't a ballot character, if any DLC character would've been a ballot character it'd obviously be Mewtwo. Seeing as Mewtwo was really THE most obvious, most popular pick. Yes, even before our King. And yes, even before Ridley.
So apparently theres 5 characters left..
Lucas/Roy/Ryu

And now just 2 slots left...
1 of them has to be K.Rool
And 2nd if its Wolf thats just icing on top of the cake.

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
sure they will announcea ballot characters.
all this content is on the game patch.

k.rool is LOVE

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Fantasic

Theres just one more barrier then the king will rise again

And thats:wolf:

This is the last character more requested than king k rool character.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Only good thing about this is that both are out of the way now.

I still can't believe a third party now has as many characters as Donkey Kong.
I have to admit that a third-party company having more characters than any of Nintendo's own franchises, especially a long-running one such as Donkey Kong, is a bit unsettling, as much for the present as it is for predicting future trends. If every third-party company were contractually guaranteed two characters, for example, Smash could start looking like some tacky, Sakurai-directed MUGEN at some point.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
I do believe that it is better to vote for Rool in the ballot than Wolf as I have a feeling Wolf will be there anyway.

Burruni

Smash Hero
I have to admit that a third-party company having more characters than any of Nintendo's own franchises, especially a long-running one such as Donkey Kong, is a bit unsettling, as much for the present as it is for predicting future trends. If every third-party company were contractually guaranteed two characters, for example, Smash could start looking like some tacky, Sakurai-directed MUGEN at some point.
....They don't have more.

They have the same.

And DLC ain't close to finished.

I'm being uber salty today but... use facts.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
....They don't have more.

They have the same.

And DLC ain't close to finished.

I'm being uber salty today but... use facts.
Whoops, I should've said "as much as", not "more". You're right. My apologies. I just woke up.
Edit: Also, I was also referring to single-rep franchises like Pikmin. As in, "Capcom having more characters than Pikmin, F-Zero, etc."

Last edited:

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
but Ryu is much more important in the figther games than pikmin.
pikmin get olimar and alph ( costume), it's enough.

but i can understand why WE can be salty about no donkey kong reps though

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Wolf and K. Rool are the most requested characters on the ballot for sure. They qill most likely get in. Dont worry people! K. Rool will be in!!!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
The lack of DKC newcomers should with all logic reasoning make Dixie Kong a pre-Ballot chosen DLC fighter. King K.Rool should be the eventual winner of the Ballot, and we would be well represented.

Top Bottom