• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Then why, pray tell my good sir, are you on a page specifically discussing K. Rool for Smash? Naturally, there's going to be a lot of supporters for K. Rool. on this board. 700 pages worth to be exact. And, many people who want to see villains in Smash are going to be supportive of Ridley as well, even though he's not the central focus point of this page.
Just figured out he's a troll. He went on the Inkling thread and asked that people actually want her in smash.

Last edited:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
To be honest guys, I don't think a response of "if you don't like this character, get off the thread" is the most useful response. People have a right to genuinely dislike the character and voice that response in a disrespectful manner. Getting a constructive discussion out of it is the way to go, even if at times people may be posting it just to try flame.

On the topic of characters for Mario games in Smash, does anyone this page like the concept of Paper Mario for Smash? I can imagine a moveset of mallets, jumps, folding himself in various ways, and summoning characters like the pixels or supports from Paper Mario and TTYD. You know fan favorites like Goombario, Goombella, Vivian, Kooper, Koops, etc. should appear. My friend suggested a grab where Vivian comes up from the ground to grab an opponent, and Paper Mario just pummels them while Vivian has them pinned up.
This isn't something I'm a massive fan of, but then I feel the Mario series is represented perfectly anyway. The only character to me who is important enough to warrant a space is Toad, and whilst I don't mind him as a character I have no interest in him as a fighter.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Personally, I hope that Sakurai and his team have learned that even heavyweights need speed/mobility to be more viable. They should know this by now considering how they had to give Bowser the running speed of Marth and Lucina among other fast attacks to at least not be garbage anymore (no offense to you fellow Bowser mains out there.) I want a SPEEDY King K. Rool, provided we get a K. Rool at all.
I still think heavyweights could be viable without the speed...it kinda takes away the heavyweight feel...

If Ganon had a faster and better grab range he would be alot better than he already is.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
To be honest guys, I don't think a response of "if you don't like this character, get off the thread" is the most useful response. People have a right to genuinely dislike the character and voice that response in a disrespectful manner. Getting a constructive discussion out of it is the way to go, even if at times people may be posting it just to try flame.

This isn't something I'm a massive fan of, but then I feel the Mario series is represented perfectly anyway. The only character to me who is important enough to warrant a space is Toad, and whilst I don't mind him as a character I have no interest in him as a fighter.
Well he said on the Inkling thread that Inkling, K. Rool and I believe Ridley wouldn't fit fighting against Nintendo's icons, SPECIFICALLY mentioning DK. If you get my drift, K ROOL IS DK'S ANTAGONIST HOW WOULD HE NOT FIT.
Captain Toad for the win, with absolutely no jump lol.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I would recommend simply ignoring posts like those. It's a pretty blatant troll post.

Saying DO NOT WANT in a support thread is not a right way to do it no matter how you look at it.

:231:

StormC

Smash Hero
Going back to the villain thing, I feel like people approach the whole "wanting villains in Smash" thing with the wrong mentality.

A character like King Dedede is an iconic recurring video game boss. Him being playable in Smash stems in part of the idea of playing as that, not necessarily playing as a "villain." I prefer to think of it like this:

Major antagonists
Bowser
Ganondorf
King Dedede
(K. Rool)
(Ridley)

Secondary antagonists
Mewtwo
Meta Knight
Wario
Wolf
Bowser Jr.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Going back to the villain thing, I feel like people approach the whole "wanting villains in Smash" thing with the wrong mentality.

A character like King Dedede is an iconic recurring video game boss. Him being playable in Smash stems in part of the idea of playing as that, not necessarily playing as a "villain." I prefer to think of it like this:

Major antagonists
Bowser
Ganondorf
King Dedede
(K. Rool)
(Ridley)

Secondary antagonists
Mewtwo
Meta Knight
Wario
Wolf
Bowser Jr.
Well then its just bosses. I mean Palutena was a boss lol. She should be in there.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Well he said on the Inkling thread that Inkling, K. Rool and I believe Ridley wouldn't fit fighting against Nintendo's icons, SPECIFICALLY mentioning DK. If you get my drift, K ROOL IS DK'S ANTAGONIST HOW WOULD HE NOT FIT.
Captain Toad for the win, with absolutely no jump lol.
I would want Either
Petey Piranna
Dry Bowser
Kamek
Over toad tbh....
But yh...toad is important..
.and not..
At the same time.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I would want Either
Petey Piranna
Dry Bowser
Kamek
Over toad tbh....
But yh...toad is important..
.and not..
At the same time.
I LOVE PETEY WHY IS HE NOT IN MK8
Dry Bowser can be a alt for Bowser
Kamek, eh.
Captain Toad is one of the playable characters in Mario and is the same age as Peach and Bowser. I think he should get a little more credit than he does. Also I'd think it be funny if his final smash was Toad Brigade accidentally crashing into the stage.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
I'd be fine with Captain Toad in 5mash, but unless we get someone major between now and then, no other Mario character fits the bill for me.

I mean... I love Waluigi, but I can't really say he needs to be in the game. Definitely put him in over Daisy, though.

Kamek would be cool as a Yoshi character but I don't really see it ever happening.

Last edited:

Donkey Kong Jr

Smash Cadet

Major antagonists
Bowser
Ganondorf
King Dedede
(K. Rool)
(Ridley)

Secondary antagonists
Mewtwo
Meta Knight
Wario
Wolf
Bowser Jr.
I was actually going to mention that, but you beat me to the punch. I have to say that I feel rather similarly for the most part.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
For me, the vast majority of the villains you could add to Smash are more compelling than the vast majority of protagonists you could add, in terms of character, move pool and playstyle. It comes with the territory of having one or more boss fights in a Nintendo series, and not having to be generic and "relatable" to players.

Even then, though, I'm not so much a proponent of "reps," so much as covering those bases of the major series without their iconic villain. Detractors love to say things like "BAWWW K. Rool sucks and people only want him because they want villain reps." He adds diversity by virtue of being a villain, but that's really secondary to the many other gameplay/character-based reasons he's a good choice.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Even then, though, I'm not so much a proponent of "reps," so much as covering those bases of the major series without their iconic villain. Detractors love to say things like "BAWWW K. Rool sucks and people only want him because they want villain reps." He adds diversity by virtue of being a villain, but that's really secondary to the many other gameplay/character-based rrasons he's a good choice.
Yeah, like I said, after K. Rool and Ridley, what villains do you really add that aren't just for the sake of having a villain?

StormC

Smash Hero
Porky would be cool and I'd be glad to have him, but he's definitely on the minor side of things. Still, probably the most feasible villain choice to add next. That or like... Classic Ganon.

Good day to be a pig, I guess.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Do you guys know what this mean? Bandana Dee and King K Rool confirmed for smash 4 for DEELC!!!!!(I'm joking of course but could you imagine XD)

GerbilCrab475

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GerbilCrab
3DS FC
1246-8834-9360
Porky would be cool and I'd be glad to have him, but he's definitely on the minor side of things. Still, probably the most feasible villain choice to add next. That or like... Classic Ganon.

Good day to be a pig, I guess.
Porky (Earthbound Porky to be exact) would make a great character. Villain and second machine user.

3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
Yeah, like I said, after K. Rool and Ridley, what villains do you really add that aren't just for the sake of having a villain?
Unpopular opinion, but I wouldn't mind seeing Fawful for Smash. He's been in practically all the Mario & Luigi super star saga games, and he could be a fast, agile gadget user with amazing facial expressions like DeDeDe. And you know one of his taunts would have to be his signature laugh.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Unpopular opinion, but I wouldn't mind seeing Fawful for Smash. He's been in practically all the Mario & Luigi super star saga games, and he could be a fast, agile gadget user with amazing facial expressions like DeDeDe. And you know one of his taunts would have to be his signature laugh.
He was one of the more interesting characters to represent the Mario RPG spin-offs.

But him getting killed off in Inside Story and not even having a reference in Dream Team makes me a bit doubtful about his future.

D

Deleted member

Is everybody talking about villains they want to see in smash? if so Shake King or Captain Syrup from the wario lands series would be perfect villains in smash 4.

3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
He was one of the more interesting characters to represent the Mario RPG spin-offs.

But him getting killed off in Inside Story and not even having a reference in Dream Team makes me a bit doubtful about his future.
He did explode in SSS, but he returned in both Partners in Time, and Bowsers inside story. Also, there's a costumed mascot that speaks suspiciously like Fawful in Dream Team. Fans have wondered if he's still out there...

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Is everybody talking about villains they want to see in smash? if so Shake King or Captain Syrup from the wario lands series would be perfect villains in smash 4.
Captain Syrup would be cool. The Shake King was a one-off villain with little in the way of established personality, though.

Outside of the reptile pirates, Ganon and Porky are the villain camps I'd put my flag in the most. Hades is my favorite Nintendo villain but he's probably a one-off so I have no real expectations (same with Ghirahim), but Medusa would be pretty sweet.

This idea for Andross actually interested me in the character, but to say it's a longshot doesn't even begin to describe it.

Dark Matter is probably the pipiest of pipe dreams, but if he had his Dream Land 2 form and attacks from all his boss fights it'd definitely be an interesting idea.

EDIT: Oh yeah, King Boo too.

Last edited:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
MOVESET MARK IV

Or at least, I think it's the 4th. This time I have focused on trying to incorporate a little more brute force into the moveset. I also included more from DK64, and have got a move inspired by each incorporated into the special moveset by stealing an idea I remember reading somewhere on this thread of him releasing his pet Klaptrap from DK64. As always, these ideas are largely a compilation of others that I like the sound of when put together.

Special Attacks:

Neutral B - Blunderbuss Cannon - King K Rool charges and fires a cannonball, affected by gravity. Upon hitting the ground it can be picked up and tossed as an item (DKC2)

Side B - Crown Throw - King K Rool throws his crown forwards (DKC)

Up B - Helicopter - King K Rool flies upwards with his helicopter (DKC3)

Down B - Klaptrap Attack! - King K. Rool releases his pet Klaptrap to attack unsuspecting foes (DK64; cutscenes)

Smash Attacks:

Side Smash - Lunge - King K. Rool leaps forwards, body slamming the opponent. If used near the edge, he will leap off the stage, and suffer no landing lag. (DKC)

Up Smash - Kannonball Barrage - King K. Rool stomps, causing a cannonball to fall vertically from the ceiling in front of him. Useful for edge-guarding. (DKC)

Down Smash - Ground Pound - King K Rool pounds the ground, causing large shockwaves (DK64)

Standard Attacks:

Jab - Kombo - King K Rool does a 1-2 boxing combo with his gloves (DK64)

Dash Attack - Charge! - King K Rool charges forwards crown first. Inspired by Lord Fredrik. (Tropical Freeze)

Side Tilt - Home Run - King K Rool swings forward with his scepter; this reflects projectiles. (Super Sluggers)

Down Tilt - Leg Swipe - King K Rool swipes at the legs of the opponent, tripping them. (Original)

Up Tilt - Upperkut - King K Rool performs a boxing uppercut (DK64)

Aerial Attacks:

Neutral Aerial - Spin - King K Rool performs a quick spin in mid-air. (King of Swing)

Forward Aerial - Slash - King K Rool slashes the air in front of him (Barrel Blast)

Backward Aerial - Propulsion - King K Rool fires his blunderbuss backwards, propelling him forward in midair (DKC2)

Down Aerial - Belly Flop - King K Rool thrusts his gut downwards. (Donkey Kong Land)

Up Aerial - Helicopter Blades - King K Rool spins the blades of his helicopter above him (inspired by DKC3)

Notes:

- DKC3 is comparatively under-represented, but that is largely because I don't see much more inspiration from there beyond some form of electricity based attack which though interesting seems difficult to implement in practice.
- This moveset has inspiration from a more diverse set of games. I liked the idea of the Super Sluggers reflector so kept it in, though I am not sure if it is truly appropriate as a tilt, and also branched out into some Barrel Blast.
- In my head, I still find it difficult to see the Blunderbuss charge as a dash attack; it just feels right as a Back Air to me (Though I am an ROB player, as is also evidenced by my treatment of the blunderbuss in general).

I think this gets some good reference to his crushing, charging and brute force whilst still being fairly heavy on his weaponry (effectively 3 projectiles? madness), though it does have some omissions I'd rather not have made from DKC2.

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
Will still be supporting K.rool for smash dlc but i probably won't be playing him now. Going to quit smash 4 because honestly i've come to realize that i just.. really hate this game regrettably. I'm either completely apathetic and bored or get frustrated with it all the time.

Last edited:
3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
Will still be supporting K.rool for smash dlc but i probably won't be playing him now. Going to quit smash 4 because honestly i've come to realize that i just.. really hate this game regrettably.
Sorry you've had a bad experience with Smash. Can't really say much though. No game works for everybody after all. We do appreciate the support though. :) Hope you find other games to enjoy.

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
Yeah.. it's a shame since it's the only fighting game i can actually play with my friends anymore but though it's a big step up from brawl i'm just.. really not feeling it as much as 64 and melee for some reason. and on the competitive side of things it generally feels like my practice for almost half a yeard tends to be all for not as i still get bodied by practically anyone decent like no matter how much try and analyze things i still feel like i don't seem to understand this relatively simple game for some reason.(it also feels like the more i get into this game the less fun i have)As for other villians. Skullkid has always been a unrealistic pipe dream of mine.(still cursed at the AT reveal particularly because skull kid is a really lame AT in this game i feel[personally think it would've been cool if he fought along side you or even just dropped the moon])

Last edited:

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Will still be supporting K.rool for smash dlc but i probably won't be playing him now. Going to quit smash 4 because honestly i've come to realize that i just.. really hate this game regrettably. I'm either completely apathetic and bored or get frustrated with it all the time.
I know the pain.

For me, the game itself is decent, but none of the characters are fun to play as.

That will change if/once Wolf and/or K. Rool make it in the game.

Of course if neither do, than the game is dead to me.

Thelimomon

Smash Journeyman
Yeah.. it's a shame since it's the only fighting game i can actually play with my friends anymore but though it's a big step up from brawl i'm just.. really not feeling it as much as 64 and melee for some reason. and on the competitive side of things it generally feels like my practice for almost half a yeard tends to be all for not as i still get bodied by practically anyone decent like no matter how much try and analyze things i still feel like i don't seem to understand this relatively simple game for some reason.(it also feels like the more i get into this game the less fun i have)As for other villians. Skullkid has always been a unrealistic pipe dream of mine.(still cursed at the AT reveal particularly because skull kid is a really lame AT in this game i fell[personally think it would've been cool if he fought along side your or even just dropped the moon])
This... is, for some reason, exactly how I feel...
I mean, I even stopped to play it serious. I... just goof around most at the time. To have fun.

There are some things that I just can't get along with...
For example, the "random" button. I don't know how much of you use it, but it isn't random.
90% of the time the character has his default color and, for some reason, I and my brother even are able to guess which character we get sometimes (more often than in Brawl, even though there are more characters).
(The colors are a major complainant for us. It... just gets boring after a while.
And we LOVE to see various color variations of the same thing.)

In Brawl I mostly played team smash together with my brother against level 9 CPUs, we had a lot of fun.
But now, the CPUs are completely different.
Not better, no, they are unfair. I tested it, they are always able to doge perfectly in the air, and if I don't attack and just approach them in the air, they attack me. "Lucky" reads? Those are "literal" reads! Because of the signal that my controller sends, I'm confident!
They also are able to doge everything with the perfect shield and can therefore punish me, even if I play someone with almost no end lag.... But if we just set them to level 8 or 7, they are not better to fight against, just more stupid.

And competitively? Just... no.
For some reason, I can't get the most simple things right, no matter how much I try.
This also doesn't make quite a bit fun for me. No matter if I lose or win.

Something is weird with this Smash. I just don't know what exactly it is.
Right now, I hope it gets better when more characters that I like get added to the roster.
Because the roster is also a major complainant of me... (And those horrible menus!)

At the moment, I won't stop to hope that I finally can get along with it until we got our last DLC character...
And just as long, I'll support every character I can and like...
Man... this makes me sad right now, but the truth must be told. :drsad:

Last edited:

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
What I cannot stand competitively is the spamming going on. You can be walling your opponent but once they start spamming certain moves they turn it around, it doesn't matter what awesome reads you do, they still get you. Now you could contribute that to the player just being bad and not reading properly but come on.

Also...
kaptain_k__rool_s_krew_by_snivyvonderp_phuckii-d8hzkb3.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom