• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
Personally, I hope that Sakurai and his team have learned that even heavyweights need speed/mobility to be more viable. They should know this by now considering how they had to give Bowser the running speed of Marth and Lucina among other fast attacks to at least not be garbage anymore (no offense to you fellow Bowser mains out there.) I want a SPEEDY King K. Rool, provided we get a K. Rool at all.
I know it's been said plenty of times now, but if done right, he should be a very fast heavy weight. Probably just slightly faster than Diddy Kong.

DrCoeloCephalo

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DrCoeloCephalo
3DS FC
5086-1965-6195
Switch FC
SW-2795-9234-1507
Apparently King K. Rool has issues with Disney now.

WARNING! KEEP YOUR VOLUME WAY DOWN WHEN WATCHING THIS, ESPECIALLY IF YOU USE HEADPHONES!!

Last edited:
3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
Many people have been saying they want to see K. Rools hop attack from dkc1 as maybe a tilt of dash attack. If K. Rools dash was the Blunderbuss rocket, what if his hop was his forward Smash? Maybe he hops farther the longer you charge it, but it's still a good KO move uncharged, and K. Rool would just jump forward a little bit. This would be a unique gameplay and zoning mechanic. Maybe at high percents, this could be used to jump off a ledge as a K. Roolicide of sorts.

Enderwoman

Smash Journeyman
Many people have been saying they want to see K. Rools hop attack from dkc1 as maybe a tilt of dash attack. If K. Rools dash was the Blunderbuss rocket, what if his hop was his forward Smash? Maybe he hops farther the longer you charge it, but it's still a good KO move uncharged, and K. Rool would just jump forward a little bit. This would be a unique gameplay and zoning mechanic. Maybe at high percents, this could be used to jump off a ledge as a K. Roolicide of sorts.
His Blunderbus being his dash would be so stupid imo. It should just be a regular run, ideally his running animation from DKC1. I could only see his Blunderbus as a neutral B projectile, a side smash, a side b or even an up b recovery.

3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
His Blunderbus being his dash would be so stupid imo. It should just be a regular run, ideally his running animation from DKC1. I could only see his Blunderbus as a neutral B projectile, a side smash, a side b or even an up b recovery.
I do see why some don't want his Blunderbuss to be a dash attack. I personally like the idea of his hop being a dash. My post was just looking for thoughts about his hop being an Fsmash. That said, his Blunderbuss DID propel him forward in a dashing fire attack in DKC2, so I see why some people want it as a dash attack. (Bonus points if he still flips off the opponents while dashing. Just kidding of course; Nintendo couldn't do that.)

Last edited:

Enderwoman

Smash Journeyman
I do see why some don't want his Blunderbuss to be a dash attack. I personally like the idea of his hop being a dash. My post was just looking for thoughts about his hop being an Fsmash. That said, his Blunderbuss DID propel him forward in a dashing fire attack in DKC2, so I see why some people want it as a dash attack. (Bonus points if he still flips off the opponents while dashing. Just kidding of course; Nintendo couldn't do that.)
I can see it being a dash attack, but not the base for his dash. But even then, it would look kind of awkward.

StormC

Smash Hero
So... what do you think about the "Dixie is one of the forbidden 7" thing?
I know she was supposed to be part of Diddy, but still... maybe she is going to be the DK newcomer...or maybe she is one of the "Marios" found in the data and K.Rool will be added as a ballot newcomer... or maybe she will not be a newcomer XDD
But yeah, what do you think about Dixie's situation?
I think it's possible she's preplanned DLC along with Wolf to fill out the six DLC slots, but who knows. I'd be thrilled if she and K. Rool both got added, but there's still too much we don't know to make a guess about that. If there is a franchise getting two new characters as DLC, it's most likely Donkey Kong, but Sakurai's previous negligence of the series doesn't leave me hopeful.

Probably a topic better suited for the Dixie thread, though.

Last edited:

IggyKoopa66

Smash Cadet
NNID
Keemie
Hmm K Rool has that belly flop from DKL that could get some use... Speaking of DKL... I think it's about time for a DKL remastered... Well at least the first game.

Though the Search for the Lost World plot of DKL III was kind of interesting

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Another big thing about this is that K. Rool may not have characters to share alts with, but he does have his own alts. Since its completely in-character I think its fairly likely K. Rool's alts will just be costumes (I could see Klump and Krusha added as filler, though; Klump being K. Rool's red costume and Krusha being his blue one).
Yeah; he definitely has alt potential. But these alts won't affect the moves too badly; a blunderbuss is not going to look that out of place on K Rool if he only has King costumes, whereas having Bowser Jr using a Sunshine inspired standard moveset would look out of place on any of his alts.

I think Kannonballs should be exclusive to his Final Smash. They could rain down on the stage like in DKC1. Its my favorite choice for a final smash for him, along with the giant death canon thing that was in DK64.
Going to throw my weight behind disagreeing with this. I think Kannonballs should be a smash attack. Specifically, I think they should be an Up Smash, where he stomps and causes one to fall from the ceiling in front of him, stopping when it hits a platform. Pretty much identical to what other people have been saying as a F-Smash, but I think U-Smash works better for a couple of reasons. Firstly is that it's a more vertical attack, and secondly that I don't think K Rool has much other choice for an Up Smash anyway. I put the DK64 Uppercut as the Up Tilt; what else from the games is there?

I'd like it implemented outside of the final smash because I see it as a really, really cool move for edge-guarding and ceiling KOs.

With regard to the "weapons vs. strength" discussion, I don't think anyone's saying K. Rool would have no physical attacks whatsoever, or that he never attacks physically during his boss fights. The idea is that his bread-and-butter has mostly been projectiles and stage traps, and because that sort of playstyle is lacking in Smash, especially among the heavyweights, it'd be a shame for him to have anything less.
I agree. Really, both should be implemented. Projectiles and tools as specials, brute force for tilts and aerials, and the Smashes as a mix of both. It would be very easy to make K Rool Bowser MKII but that's a disservice to his character.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
If the Kannonball fell from the top of the stage, would it be blocked by platforms? It would be a great homage, and a welcome F-Smash, but I can't help but feel it'd be inconvenient on stages like Battlefield. Shoot, even the platform on Smashville could intercept it, leading to great annoyance. (True, you could always use a different Smash, and that platform interceptions would be situational, but still.)
I'mma just quote myself from right before you posted this message:

I imagine it as popping out of a puff of smoke just in front of the tip of K. Rool's krown.

It has a slightly higher point of origin than Villager's bowling ball, but otherwise is the same in effect.
:3

D

Deleted member

I just voted King K Rool in the smash ballot we need more villains in the game and King K Rool should have been in smash a long time a go.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I just voted King K Rool in the smash ballot we need more villains in the game and King K Rool should have been in smash a long time a go.
Good job Helmslock. We totally need more villains, I mean we only have the bare minimum: Bowser, Bowser Jr., Wario (maybe), crappy Falcondorf, King Dedede (eh, not really, more of a annoyance to Kirby), Mewtwo (first Pokemon movie), and Dark Pit (not really, just a rival). King K. Rool would totally help balance the group of villains.

or you know SoccerGuy could add Ridley and Goroh but chu know thats just crazi:crazy::glare:

Rattle-Kalimba

Smash Apprentice
To be fair, how many "real" and important villains does Nintendo really have. Even KKR is at least for me more of a Rareware-Villain. I know, I know. Nintendo owns him but Rareware where the ones who created him. And to be fair where also the ones that really loved to use him.

On Nintendos side we have Bowser, Bowser Jr., the Koopalings, Ganondorf, Team Rocket (the organization), Ridley, Mother Brian, Andross (and KKR if you want to count him too). Those are for me their most popular and well-known villains. Wario, Waluigi, Meta-Knight, Mewtwo, King Dedede and also Wolf I see more as anti-heroes. And others like Medusa, Ghirahim or Pokey I do not see as "All-Star villains". At least not in the same league as Bowser and Ganondorf.

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
To be fair, how many "real" and important villains does Nintendo really have. Even KKR I is for me more of a Rareware-Villain. I know, I k ow. Nintendo owns him but Rareware where the ones who created him.

We have Bowser, Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings, Ganondorf, Team Rocket (the organization) Ridley, Mother Brian, Andross (and KKR if you want to count him too). Those are for me their most popular and well-known villains. Wario, Waluigi, Meta-Knight, Mewtwo, King Dedede and also Wolf I see mor as Anti-Heroes. And others like Medusa or Pokey I do not see as "All-Star villains".
Meta Knight isn't a villain. He's Kirby's rival. Waluigi is just a doofus.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Meta Knight isn't a villain. He's Kirby's rival. Waluigi is just a doofus.
Last I remember Meta Knight was an anti-hero or more like a friend of Kirby after the first or 2 times he fought him. Waluigi is great, he clearly hates Luigi, I really wish Nintendo would make him live up to his full potential.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Last I remember Meta Knight was an anti-hero or more like a friend of Kirby after the first or 2 times he fought him. Waluigi is great, he clearly hates Luigi, I really wish Nintendo would make him live up to his full potential.
Meta Knight fights Kirby because he's his rival. Kirby doesn't know whats going on half the time. Waluigi is just a multiplayer Mario game character. I don't see him getting in Smash anytime soon.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Meta Knight fights Kirby because he's his rival. Kirby doesn't know whats going on half the time. Waluigi is just a multiplayer Mario game character. I don't see him getting in Smash anytime soon.
I'd say King Dedede is more of a rivasl to Kirby than Meta-Knight. If Wii Fit Trainer and Villager can make it into a Smash Bros. game then I'm sure Waluigi still has a chance in the next ssb one.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I'd say King Dedede is more of a rivasl to Kirby than Meta-Knight. If Wii Fit Trainer and Villager can make it into a Smash Bros. game then I'm sure Waluigi still has a chance in the next ssb one.
Before Toad, there is no chance. But after Toad maybe, but I don't think Mario needs any reps after Toad.
edit: I honestly also think Daisy has a better chance since she's been in a non Mario Party, Sports, Kart title.

Last edited:
3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
To be fair, how many "real" and important villains does Nintendo really have. Even KKR is at least for me more of a Rareware-Villain. I know, I know. Nintendo owns him but Rareware where the ones who created him. And to be fair where also the ones that really loved to use him.

On Nintendos side we have Bowser, Bowser Jr., the Koopalings, Ganondorf, Team Rocket (the organization), Ridley, Mother Brian, Andross (and KKR if you want to count him too). Those are for me their most popular and well-known villains. Wario, Waluigi, Meta-Knight, Mewtwo, King Dedede and also Wolf I see more as anti-heroes. And others like Medusa, Ghirahim or Pokey I do not see as "All-Star villains". At least not in the same league as Bowser and Ganondorf.
Given how Awakening was a huge mega mondo smash (tee hee) hit, I'd wager that more than a few people would recognize faces like Gangrel and Validar now. Maybe they're not all stars, but the popularity is there.

Last edited:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Before Toad, there is no chance. But after Toad maybe, but I don't think Mario needs any reps after Toad.
edit: I honestly also think Daisy has a better chance since she's been in a non Mario Party, Sports, Kart title.
So I guess that makes Wario a Mario rep too then.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
waluigi doesnt have his own series, let alone appearances in other series. Waluigi has been pure mario games.
No Wario has his own series, two in fact and both have multiple entries. He's got the Wario Land series and the WarioWare series, if going by your logic, then that makes Mario and Conkey DK characters.
But Wario and Waluigi are related according to canon(or at least real good buddies in crime). Or DK and Mario Mario characters,

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
That doesn't make Waluigi a Wario character. He has never been in a Wario game.
Wario was originally a Mario character in Mario Land 2 before he got his own series, heck he's still part of the Mario spinoffs, does that make Yoshi a Mario character too? Is every character who was/is a Mario character now their own character because they have their own franchise?

3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
On the topic of characters for Mario games in Smash, does anyone this page like the concept of Paper Mario for Smash? I can imagine a moveset of mallets, jumps, folding himself in various ways, and summoning characters like the pixels or supports from Paper Mario and TTYD. You know fan favorites like Goombario, Goombella, Vivian, Kooper, Koops, etc. should appear. My friend suggested a grab where Vivian comes up from the ground to grab an opponent, and Paper Mario just pummels them while Vivian has them pinned up.

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Wario was originally a Mario character in Mario Land 2 before he got his own series, heck he's still part of the Mario spinoffs, does that make Yoshi a Mario character too? Is every character who was/is a Mario character now their own character because they have their own franchise?
They are still a part of the Mario franchise but have grown into their own character.

On the topic of characters for Mario games in Smash, does anyone this page boards like the concept of Paper Mario for Smash? I can imagine a moveset of mallets, jumps, folding himself in various ways, and summoning characters like the pixels or supports from Paper Mario and TTYD. You know fan favorites like Goombario, Goombella, Vivian, Kooper, Koops, etc. should appear. My friend suggested a grab where Vivian comes up from the ground to grab an opponent, and Paper Mario just pummels them while Vivian has them pinned up.
Why are we talking about this in the King K. Rool thread? Then again my 2 previous posts were about Waluigi so back to K. Rool.
K rool and buds

3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
Why are we talking about this in the King K. Rool thread? Then again my 2 previous posts were about Waluigi so back to K. Rool.
K rool and buds
Sorry! You were talking about Wario and Waluigi, and I just wanted to contribute. I didn't think we were getting out of hand. This is the K. Rool board, but it doesn't have to be exclusively K. Rool does it? The Banjo Kazooie board has been nothing but Yooka Laylee for awhile now. As long as we're not taking up three pages of off topic conversations, I figured we were fine.

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Sorry! You were talking about Wario and Waluigi, and I just wanted to contribute. I didn't think we were getting out of hand. This is the K. Rool board, but it doesn't have to be exclusively K. Rool does it? The Banjo Kazooie board has been nothing but Yooka Laylle for awhile now. As long as we're not taking up three pages of off topic conversations, I figured we were fine.
Its probably fine, but I didn't want to get off topic. Also do you like the picture of K. Rool and buds.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Off-topic conversations are fine but they should be at least somewhat related to the main topic. This thread DOES double as a DKC general thread, like Bandana Dee for Kirby.

:231:

3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
Ridley and K rool in smash?

DO NOT WANT
Then why, pray tell my good sir, are you on a page specifically discussing K. Rool for Smash? Naturally, there's going to be a lot of supporters for K. Rool. on this board. 700 pages worth to be exact. And, many people who want to see villains in Smash are going to be supportive of Ridley as well, even though he's not the central focus point of this page.

Last edited:
Top Bottom