• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

D

Deleted member

@ BKupa666 BKupa666 Sometimes, the sins of the father is atoned by the son.
Forgive me if I sound stupid, but what code is there that gives a hint of more characters?
Look at the five Marios below Mewtwo. People are speculating that these are five remaining DLC characters; whenever they are five planned characters and one ballot character or six planned characters and more being ballot characters.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
@ BKupa666 BKupa666 Sometimes, the sins of the father is atoned by the son.Look at the five Marios below Mewtwo. People are speculating that these are five remaining DLC characters; whenever they are five planned characters and one ballot character or six planned characters and more being ballot characters.
If Mewtwo already has a space, and we go off the leaks so far of Roy and Ryu, that mean Luca, Roy, and Ryu take up 3 spaces, so we'll probably get 2 ballot characters. I'm pretty confident K. Rool will get at least one of those spaces.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
If Mewtwo already has a space, and we go off the leaks so far of Roy and Ryu, that mean Luca, Roy, and Ryu take up 3 spaces, so we'll probably get 2 ballot characters. I'm pretty confident K. Rool will get at least one of those spaces.
The problem, though, is that this is pre-ballot. Do you honestly believe they'd set 5 extra spaces for characters a year in advance?

Odds are, these slots are for characters they've ALREADY got in development. Which makes a lot of sense if you consider that most of them are veterans, as one of the final two slots would then go to Wolf, and the other is either another veteran or an unknown newcomer. So 6 characters they're currently working on, with more to add from the ballot. But the existing characters are mostly returning characters, so they're easier to make.

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
I wonder how the Kremlings will make their intro in the hypothetical 3rd Retro DKC.

DKCR's intro had a Tiki Tak trying to hypnotise Donkey Kong (lol), who failed terribly. On the other hand, the Snowmads were shown as quite competent and dangerous in their intro. I seriously hope the Kremling's intro can top that.

:231:
Honestly when did the Kremlings ever need a shiny intro?

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
With all the support this character gets, if we don't get a K. Rool dlc, then that Nintendo Smash poll will officially be declared...

a Kroc of Donkey ****. :dkmelee:

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
Well, they will be introducing themselves to a new generation of gamers...

:231:
I suppose. But the kremlings didn't have any "intro" way-back-when and were well received by gamers then. The fact that kremlings had no "intro" or in-depth character description was half the appeal of them in my opinion. For example in the original dkc games they tried advertising it like, "THIS GAME IS BANNANANANANAZZZZZ, have LOADS Of COOL FUNKY fun with your FAVORITE monkey! Blast barrels and have LOADS OF FUN DUDE! :DDD" Really goofily, where as I saw the Dkc 1-3 as very aesthetic experience of silence in the natural environments you explore.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I suppose. But the kremlings didn't have any "intro" way-back-when and were well received by gamers then. The fact that kremlings had no "intro" or in-depth character description was half the appeal of them in my opinion. For example in the original dkc games they tried advertising it like, "THIS GAME IS BANNANANANANAZZZZZ, have LOADS Of COOL FUNKY fun with your FAVORITE monkey! Blast barrels and have LOADS OF FUN DUDE! :DDD" Really goofily, where as I saw the Dkc 1-3 as very aesthetic experience of silence in the natural environments you explore.
Difference in the times I suppose. All that's very 90s; but I feel like Retro would want to show them off as much as possible, given how much fans want them back.

That, and pre-game intros weren't really a thing back then like they are now.

King_K_Rules

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys!.. Here's one more thing for our Kampaing!..

I made this with the help of @SuperiorYoshi87 and his amazing custom figure! ... Yep, a K. Rool Amiibo packaging to stir our imagination! =D.. looks nic- oooh.... well.. seems that's soldout now. :\/

XD.. hope you liked! =)
My dream. I wish I could like this a million times. I actually did have a dream that the new DK game was bundled with a K. Rool amiibo.

Graizen

Smash Champion
After Mewtwo + 7 there are 5 additional “Mario”s listed. This means, that there are 5 additional unused characters in the fighter table in the latest update. Right now, we know for sure that Lucas is coming. After Lucas, it is heavily suggested that Roy (Fire Emblem) and Ryu (Street Fighter) will be incoming as DLC. Therefore, we have two additional slots for DLC. Whether the two slots will be used for the ballot results, or for pre-ballot result DLC is unknown. Stay tuned for additional information.

https://sourcegaming.wordpress.com/2015/04/18/all-about-ryu-and-roys-files/

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
You don't believe in the Ridley thing right?
Nope. Compared to some of the character liberties taken in Smash, a slightly smaller playable Ridley would be minor by comparison. The real image to make there is "What people think Ridley's size is," followed by an image of him being planet-sized, or "What people think is in-character for Ridley," followed by an image of his boss form teaming up with Samus after she slaps him a few times.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Dont forget Lucas

Last edited:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Something i was thinking about although its all good to have the blunderbust as a special move but then he will have 2 projectiles...because hes gotta have the Krown throw right?

Hmmm..

I was thinking
(B) - Crown Throw
Side (B) ???
Down (B) - Butt Slam from DK64
Up (B) - Helicopter from DKC3.

What will his side (B) be?

EDIT:

For his side (B) not sure you guys are gonna like it but i was thinking it could be a fast leap jump and then a cannonball drops from the sky like he does in DKC1 when he is angry lmao

Maybe give it a slight chance for 2 or maybe even 3 cannonballs can drop but very little chance like Luigi's misfire.

The cannonballs can drop a spaces apart just like in DKC Gankplank Galleon.

The leap jump is pretty powerful and quick it looks abit like Diddy kongs side special except its not a grab and also he doesnt do a funny flip...although i dont want K.Rool to turn into a spam noob character like Link etc...were people would just pick him and jump about...spamming his Side (B) but you could just easily shield grab him but yh.

Last edited:
Unfortunately I couldn't get it done tonight but maybe this week.
i really like your drawing style, that k rool is spot on.

i just got back from finishing dk 64 101% for the first time(21 hours of play time altogether) that game is long but it was very fun and addicting.

which got me thinking...
when k rool falls down in his games(dkc,dkc2,dk64) is he playing dead or is he really getting knocked out?

if he is playing dead then that is pretty smart/sneaky/dirty of him to trick his enemy.

if he actually gets knocked out then he must have a very strong will/hates the kongs so much to never give up,get back up and give them hell/fight till he cant fight no more....very stubborn that k rool is.

when i see him get back up in his dkc 1 appearance it makes me smile because it reminds me of the k rool fanbase....we fall down but we always get back up and fight and when we do we fight harder than before.

Last edited:
While I'm in agreement with the majority of the fan made K.Rool move sets out there, I think his down B should turn him invisible. Although a fat croc having the ability to turn invisible might leave some people unfamiliar with the K.Rool boss fights scratching their heads and it may be a bit overpowered if done incorrectly, I feel that not only would it be a good way to reference every single one of the K.Rool fights, but it'd make him even more unique amongst the cast. Also, I feel it'd go really well with the supposed play style we all assume that he'd have, which is a heavy weight, projectile, trap character.

Oh and put me on the support list. I've been a hardcore lurker for too long and I want that Kink K. Kroc in.

Edit: Aw poopy! Invisibility as a down b is in the original post! Sorry for the redundancy.

Last edited:

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
I was thinking about a few moves. you know the kremlings in smash run have 2 attacks maybe the attacks can be implanted into King K Rool

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Forgive me if I sound stupid, but what code is there that gives a hint of more characters?
Under mewtwo

5x :4mario:

Those are all accually present the rumor of 5x characters

And go back threre are 5 emptys next to mewtwo on the offical Site

So with that said
:4mewtwo::4lucas::roypm:Ryu, probably :wolf:, ballot winner(s)

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
While I'm in agreement with the majority of the fan made K.Rool move sets out there, I think his down B should turn him invisible. Although a fat croc having the ability to turn invisible might leave some people unfamiliar with the K.Rool boss fights scratching their heads and it may be a bit overpowered if done incorrectly, I feel that not only would it be a good way to reference every single one of the K.Rool fights, but it'd make him even more unique amongst the cast. Also, I feel it'd go really well with the supposed play style we all assume that he'd have, which is a heavy weight, projectile, trap character.

Oh and put me on the support list. I've been a hardcore lurker for too long and I want that Kink K. Kroc in.

Edit: Aw poopy! Invisibility as a down b is in the original post! Sorry for the redundancy.
Down + B really is the hardest to pinpoint for me. My idea was it being him collapsing to the ground and play dead but its definitely not that interesting. Turning invisible is something K. Rool does in several boss battles, so its definitely heavily associated with him. Another cool idea I've seen is him dropping an electricity node from his DKC3 battle.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I still think we're overestimating the meaning of the 5 Marios, and that at the most it represents five characters already being developed. And it might not even mean anything at all, too.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I still think we're overestimating the meaning of the 5 Marios, and that at the most it represents five characters already being developed. And it might not even mean anything at all, too.
Exactly. It might not mean anything at all. And it most definitely is not any sort of "restriction" on the number of characters that can be added. The only thing interesting of note is, for some reason, they specifically added five more after Mewtwo. With three known characters, that's leaves two open. If it means anything, it means they're working on two additional characters right now that we don't know about yet, but just like Ryu and Roy it doesn't affect the ballot because its way too early for that to even be considered.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Something i was thinking about although its all good to have the blunderbust as a special move but then he will have 2 projectiles...because hes gotta have the Krown throw right?

Hmmm..

I was thinking
(B) - Crown Throw
Side (B) ???
Down (B) - Butt Slam from DK64
Up (B) - Helicopter from DKC3.

What will his side (B) be?

EDIT:

For his side (B) not sure you guys are gonna like it but i was thinking it could be a fast leap jump and then a cannonball drops from the sky like he does in DKC1 when he is angry lmao

Maybe give it a slight chance for 2 or maybe even 3 cannonballs can drop but very little chance like Luigi's misfire.

The cannonballs can drop a spaces apart just like in DKC Gankplank Galleon.

The leap jump is pretty powerful and quick it looks abit like Diddy kongs side special except its not a grab and also he doesnt do a funny flip...although i dont want K.Rool to turn into a spam noob character like Link etc...were people would just pick him and jump about...spamming his Side (B) but you could just easily shield grab him but yh.
As a ROB main I must ask - what is the problem with having 2 projectiles? And anything involving the words "spam noob" doesnt pass for a sensible answer.

I don't hate your idea for the cannonball drop - I am strongly for it though I put it as an Up Smash. What I do hate is that you've put the Ground Pound as Down B. These sorts of moves are always terrible in my experience and I don't understand why people want them.

You can put that reference into his dodges quite easily. Saves room to put something like the Gas from DKC2 as the Down B. Note that I am envisioning the gas in a similar way to Ice Climbers' Blizzard which is a lot more fitting as a Down Special than if you see it as a 3rd projectile.

I reiterate that you can get a moveset that references every attack he does in all of DKC1,2,3, most in DK64 and more without the use of customs.

D

Deleted member

Wolf is probably planned in advanced and if that's the case, that would mean only one ballot character. Considering this ballot will last six months, I doubt that only one ballot character will happen. I would think two or three is more realistic, which makes me think these six characters were pre-determined before the ballot and that there will be two to three ballot characters not currently planned.

Last edited by a moderator:
Down + B really is the hardest to pinpoint for me. My idea was it being him collapsing to the ground and play dead but its definitely not that interesting. Turning invisible is something K. Rool does in several boss battles, so its definitely heavily associated with him. Another cool idea I've seen is him dropping an electricity node from his DKC3 battle.
I agree, it is pretty hard to assign K.Rool a down B. I like the idea of K. Rool playing dead, but I'm not sure how it would work. Like a counter, perhaps?

Regarding the electrical nodes, I feel that having this as a down b too loosely references the DKC 3 boss fight, as K. Rool doesn't actually place them down in the fight, if I recall. Nonetheless, the electrical nodes being the down b is an easy second choice for me next to invisibility.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I agree, it is pretty hard to assign K.Rool a down B. I like the idea of K. Rool playing dead, but I'm not sure how it would work. Like a counter, perhaps?

Regarding the electrical nodes, I feel that having this as a down b too loosely references the DKC 3 boss fight, as K. Rool doesn't actually place them down in the fight, if I recall. Nonetheless, the electrical nodes being the down b is an easy second choice for me next to invisibility.
No, not a counter, just him collapsing onto the ground. Which can work just as a down A anyway or a Smash.

As a ROB main I must ask - what is the problem with having 2 projectiles? And anything involving the words "spam noob" doesnt pass for a sensible answer.

I don't hate your idea for the cannonball drop - I am strongly for it though I put it as an Up Smash. What I do hate is that you've put the Ground Pound as Down B. These sorts of moves are always terrible in my experience and I don't understand why people want them.

You can put that reference into his dodges quite easily. Saves room to put something like the Gas from DKC2 as the Down B. Note that I am envisioning the gas in a similar way to Ice Climbers' Blizzard which is a lot more fitting as a Down Special than if you see it as a 3rd projectile.

I reiterate that you can get a moveset that references every attack he does in all of DKC1,2,3, most in DK64 and more without the use of customs.
I feel that if invisibility were K. Rool's dodge, it'd be a bit of a squandered opportunity on multiple fronts. With invisibility as his down b, K. Rool would be the only character to turn invisible in the series, making him have an even more extraordinary and appealing move set. On another front, without invisibility, the DK64 boss battle would be left underrepresented in his b move set. Also, I feel that having gas cloud set to another b would be a bit of a waste, seeing as though it can be very easily implemented to his standard b, which the majority of us have determined would be him shooting the blunderbuss.

Though these options may be a bit clunky, one compromise for his gas clouds could be that if you wanted to shoot out a gas cloud compared to a spiked ball, the b button could be tapped rather than held for a spiked ball. Or it could be charged to a certain point for different properties/ projectiles. Or, probably not the best idea, the blunderbuss could shoot random projectiles whenever the b button is tapped. There are a lot of ways of going about this.

Last edited:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
I feel that if invisibility were K. Rool's dodge, it'd be a bit of a squandered opportunity on multiple fronts. With invisibility as his down b, K. Rool would be the only character to turn invisible in the series, making him have an even more extraordinary and appealing move set. On another front, without invisibility, the DK64 boss battle would be left underrepresented in his b move set.

Though these options may be a bit clunky, one compromise for his gas clouds could be that if you wanted to shoot out a gas cloud compared to a spiked ball, the b button could be tapped rather than held for a spiked ball. Or it could be charged to a certain point for different properties/ projectiles. Or, probably not the best idea, the blunderbuss could shoot random projectiles whenever the b button is tapped. There are a lot of ways of going about this.
1) How would you propose balancing genuine invisibility like that?
2) Why does it matter if DK64 doesn't contribute to B moves specifically? By the very nature of the boss battle the moves work better as tilts etc anyway. (Also I thought you were referencing invisibility from DKC2). So long as it's adequately represented overall I don't see the issue.
3) I don't personally want the blunderbuss to just fire a cannonball. I want it to fire a cannonball that can then be picked up and thrown as an item like it happened in DKC2 which is why I wouldn't put the gas as an alternative there.

Putting it in his dodges just seems the easiest way of getting it involved but without running the risk of being unnecessarily good in my opinion, but I'm open to the idea over the gas clouds if it could be put it in in a balanced way.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Invisibility wouldn't be my first choice for a K. Rool moveset, but the way I'd go about it is to have him stay invisible for a set time (a few seconds), but he'd turn visible again the moment he performed an attack. That's how it worked in DKC2, where he would pop up behind you in the final round and start vacuuming. It'd function the same way here in terms of it being a good option for sneaking up and attacking, although it could be used defensively to flee in secrecy as well. To balance it out, you could make it like Nosferatu where he can only use it a set number of times within a given frame.

Last edited:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Invisibility wouldn't be my first choice for a K. Rool moveset, but the way I'd go about it is to have him stay invisible for a set time (a few seconds), but he'd turn visible again the moment he performed an attack. That's how it worked in DKC2, where he would pop up behind you in the final round and start vacuuming. It'd function the same way here in terms of it being a good option for sneaking up and attacking, although it could be used defensively to flee in secrecy as well. To balance it out, you could make it like Nosferatu where he can only use it a set number of times within a given frame.
I could see that being used a lot during recovery to kill edge-guarding. However upon more thinking I don't see invisibility ever working in such an open way because players wouldn't be able to see themselves on the Wii U version when playing local multiplayer (and if they could, so could Player 2, making it useless).

Last edited:
Top Bottom