• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

DID SOMEONE SAID SIMON BELMONT?

Shameless Plug i know.

Despite owning the Simon thread, i wanted myself to limit myself to Nintendo characters that have some sort of chance. (i have my reasons)

I choose 4 newcomers (sorry Wolf):
-Paper Mario.
-Bandanna Dee.
-Isaac.
-YOU WILL NEVER GUESS MY 4TH OPTION.
gonna try and guess anyway
is the 4th option earthworm jim?....king k rool?....crypto sporidium from destroy all humans?....darker pit?....baby k rool?

Last edited:

Varia31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Varia31
I chose:
1. Sylux (avid Sylux supporter. Metroid needs love)
2. Rundas (another cool guy. Metroid needs love)
3. Dixie Kong (I love Diddy and Dixie, and I think she derserves a spot)
4. King K. Rool (it's King K. Rool, what more is there to say?)

I vist the K.Rool thread frequently, i have K.Rool in my signature.....

I think that says enough.
sorry your sig didnt show up for some reason
ahh so i guessed correctly,baby k rool huh? not a bad choice but i personally would of voted for pink gold k rool.

seriously though i voted for 2 vets,2 new and they were

wolf,snake,king k.rool,isaac

Last edited:

Talpr1

Smash Journeyman
Voted Wolf, Snake, K. Rool and Inkling. Unfortunately, 1 vet/3 new isn't an option, or else i would have ditched Snake for Dixie.

Last edited:

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
For that poll, I put down Wolf, King K. Rool, Snake and Paper Mario.

I only want/need Wolf and K. Rool so Snake and Paper Mario are just filler, but I wouldn't mind having them as DLC.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I went for the four newcomers option, because three newcomers and one veteran wasn't a possibility - if it were, I would have dropped my last choice in favour of Wolf, in spite of my lack of interest in him, as I feel that he was unjustly cut.

My choices were King K. Rool, Bandana Waddle Dee, Daisy, and Inkling.

StriderTheReaper

Smash Rookie
NNID
StriderHedgehog
3DS FC
2423-3029-0103
1. Wolf (my main in Brawl and the one character I want back more than anyone else [sorry, you supreme scaliness!]).
2. Snake (screw "He doesn't fit in Smash!" - he was a unique character and great fun to play as).
3. King K. Rool (do I even have to say why?).
4. Professor Layton (not likely, but I love his games and he'd be an eccentric yet distinguished fighter).

oinkers12

Smash Apprentice
My four choices:

King K. Rool (for obvious reasons)
Dixie Kong (Like, if there was some asinine reason for K. Rool to not get in, Dixie is truly the most deserving newcomer)
Lanky Kong (I genuinely love the character, but thanks to the internet, we'll probably never see him because he's been deemed a "meme")
Marx from Kirby (Awesome boss battle, tons of moveset potential, great personality, perfect size, sadly not too recognizable).

CardStealer1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CardStealer
3DS FC
2681-0263-6525
1. Isaac (my most wanted)
2. King K. Rool (most deserving)
3. Inkling (cool new Ip)
4. Isa Jo (not really any chance but he's awesome)
Honorable Mention Chorus Kids

Scorpob

Smash Cadet
NNID
Scorpob
3DS FC
5284-2304-0408
My Choices. 4 Newcomers:

1. King K. Rool
2. Banjo and Kazooie
3. Ridley
4. Bandana Waddle Dee

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
4 Newcomers:

1. K. Rool
2. Ridley
3. Isaac
4. King Boo

Would've gone with 3 newcomers and 1 veteran, had it been an option. As sad as I'd be to not have Wolf, I'd rather have a 3-5 veteran-newcomer ratio than a 5-3 one, if I had to choose.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I went with 2 vets and 2 newcomers
  1. Wolf
  2. Ivysaur (full bias here. :p)
  3. K. Rool
  4. Isaac

Last edited:

Cyberguy64

Smash Journeyman
I don't want any more veterans. I'm not paying money for more clones, and Snake is next to impossible with Konami going insane. (Also, I never really cared for him to begin with. Still, don't think I'd really complain if he came back.)

My votes were for:

1. K. Rool
2. Bandanna Dee
3. Banjo-Kazooie
4. Shovel Knight

Ridley'd be on there too, but there's a better chance of a Metroid surviving an avalanche then for him to get out of the pigeonhole he's stuck in this gen. NEXT TIME GADGET, SAKURAI! NEXT TIIIIIIIME!

EDIT: Man, I can't believe I forgot about Ivysaur and Squirtle. They're veterans I definitely wouldn't mind coming back. Still, I fear they're in the same sort of pit as Ridley, and I really don't think we need any more Pokemon, much as I love them.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
It's interesting scrolling through the newcomer results on @PushDustIn poll, since it mirrors what a very probable outcome with the ballot is...vote split a hundred different ways, with names like K. Rool and Isaac recurring enough to have nowhere near a complete majority, but a sizable plurality that distinguishes them from others.

Sidboylol

Smash Cadet
My votes were:
1. King K. Rool
2. Isaac
3. Dixie
4. Banjo and Kazooie
and 5. Shovel Knight.

Cyberguy64

Smash Journeyman
"K. Rool can instantly attack from his taunts, making him so much better then characters who have to finish theirs."
I just had an epiphany about this concept! What if, when you do K.Rool's taunts, depending on whether you did the Up, Down, or Side taunt, if you press A, you cancel into that direction's tilt, and ONLY that particular tilt. That way, you'd have to know which particular taunt K. Rool is using in order to counter him, and even though K. Rool could end his taunts early, there'd still be enough time for someone to come smack him if he gets careless with which direction he uses.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I just had an epiphany about this concept! What if, when you do K.Rool's taunts, depending on whether you did the Up, Down, or Side taunt, if you press A, you cancel into that direction's tilt, and ONLY that particular tilt. That way, you'd have to know which particular taunt K. Rool is using in order to counter him, and even though K. Rool could end his taunts early, there'd still be enough time for someone to come smack him if he gets careless with which direction he uses.
That's very read-centric. As a Dedede mainer (since he pretty much requires good reading ability), I really like this idea. :laugh:

Bananija

Count of Trickery
I picked 2 vet/2 newcommers

Wolf
Snake (doesn't really care, but is fan will be happy)

K.Rool
Bandana Dee (would have put Ridley but forgot, but anyway Dee as way better chance than him)
Dedede's "taunt" tilt is kind of what inspired it. (Dedede for LIFE!)

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
It's interesting scrolling through the newcomer results on @PushDustIn poll, since it mirrors what a very probable outcome with the ballot is...vote split a hundred different ways, with names like K. Rool and Isaac recurring enough to have nowhere near a complete majority, but a sizable plurality that distinguishes them from others.
I also like how its an "enter character name," because it also shows a variety of things like King K. Rool, Kaptain K. Rool, and even just "K. Rool."

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
4 newcomers.
1. K. Rool.
2. Ridley.
3. Isaac.
4. Bomberman.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
4 Newcomers

1. King K. Rool
2. Ridley
3. Shantae
4. Banjo & Kazooie

As much as I'd like to see Wolf back, I think he's doing plenty fine on his own and I don't care for other vets that much so I would rather have 4 Newcomers than 2 Vets and 2 Newbies. Like @ BKupa666 BKupa666 said, I'd rather have 3-5 Vets to News than 5-3. 4 Newcomers also greatly increases K. Rool's chances as opposed to 2.

I found the 2 and 2 and the 4 split to be odd, personally. Not everyone wants 2 vets but wants 1. Or wants 3. Or all 4.

Edit: Also, wow, I did not expect the majority to want 2 Vets over a full batch of 4 Newcomers. Just goes to show you how many people want Wolf and Snake back.

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
At first, I was horrified that K. Rool wasn't #1, but then a quick search revealed entries for King K. Rool, K. Rool, k rool, Kaptain K. Rool, etc. We have this.
That's the issue when you don't have preset choices. I hope @PushDustIn takes into account misspellings and alternate spellings.

Otherwise Krystal will be the new shoe-in, she's at or near the top in every poll choice.

Last edited:
3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
That's the issue when you don't have preset choices. I hope @PushDustIn takes into account misspellings and alternate spellings.

Otherwise Krystal will be the new shoe-in, she's at or near the top in every poll choice.
That, and we have a few troll options. Someone apparently wants Shaquile O'neill as a Smash newcomer.

In other news, I voted 4 newcomers:
1. King K. Rool
2. Inklings (although, looking back, I don't quite agree with that :/)
2. Isaac (I don't care much about him personally, but he seems like another likely choice with a fun moveset.)
4. Paper Mario

KimKarsmashian

Smash Journeyman
Has anyone voted "neither"?

My choices:
Snake - because he's my waifu
Ice Climbers - say i'll see them again, even if it's just in my wiiiiiildest dreeeeeeams aha ha
K. Rool - I love reptiles. Plus he's been snubbed for so long.
Ridley - I don't care if he's impossible. I love reptiles. The size of the Ridley on that Brawl mod seemed pretty alright, I have no opinions of the moveset. plz make it happen based Sakurai

IF I had chosen 4 newcomers:
Inkling - Girls! New IPs! Popularity! Ink! Exclamation points! The color orange!
Isaac - idk i don't even care anymore put a shoe in for all I care. He's got a pretty strong support base, right? Just do it, Sakurai.

In a hypothetical 4 veterans situation:
Wolf - Because he's worth it (and his fans want him back so much like please help them Sakurai)
Ivysaur - I need more quadrupeds in Smash, Sakurai.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

I don't think the lists are in any specific order. #4 had a very random obscure character name as #1. I think the lists are just in the order of who voted for who at that time.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I voted for Snake, Wolf, Inklings, and (of course) K. Rool.

K. Rool needs no explanation; I figure that Splatoon is an interesting and popular new IP for Nintendo that would work well in Smash, Wolf just makes sense with Star Fox Zero coming out, and I really, really want Snake back. (nobody in the current roster plays like him, I hate the idea of entire series being removed, and the Ice Climbers presumably can't fully return due to hardware issues)

Top Bottom