• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
So Sakurai's statement re: Takamaru's got me wondering.

Y'all reckon K. Rool could be in a similar "considered, but withheld until he appears in a new title" predicament to our samurai swordsman?
I'd be shocked if he wasn't. Though some people have been trying to argue that because K. Rool was never mentioned that its extremely likely he was never considered, which, honestly, I highly doubt. He's mentioned THREE characters. A grand total of THREE. All of whom are pretty much impossible to add as DLC. He's also gone on the record of saying that he won't say who was cut. K. Rool was probably one of them.

I think its even possible K. Rool was partially developed (along with Isaac) and not finished due to being put on lower priority.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'd be shocked if he wasn't. Though some people have been trying to argue that because K. Rool was never mentioned that its extremely likely he was never considered, which, honestly, I highly doubt. He's mentioned THREE characters. A grand total of THREE. All of whom are pretty much impossible to add as DLC. He's also gone on the record of saying that he won't say who was cut. K. Rool was probably one of them.

I think its even possible K. Rool was partially developed (along with Isaac) and not finished due to being put on lower priority.
Didn't he mention Goku and Spongebob as humorous requests? That makes it extremely unlikely that he didn't take note of K. Rool requests.

:231:

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord

You pretty much summed up my thoughts about K. Rool. I have no doubt Sakurai is and was aware of his popularity and I'm confident he at least considered him. I also think he was very possibly planned but put on low priority due to his lack of post-Brawl appearances, case worsened by the complete lack of well-known VC games featuring him until recently, which made Sakurai think that the Wii and Wii U Nintendo audience was very possibly unfamiliar with him. I honestly think K. Rool's merits should overweigh his lack of recent appearances, though I admit his inclusion would kind of be a slap in the face of people who discovered the DKC series with either Returns or Tropical Freeze and never had the opportunity to discover the older games.

You know what would be awesome? Not only putting K. Rool as a DLC character in SSB4, but also adding a DKC masterpiece alongside him. Though I don't think it's likely because of the Rare logo and letters on some bonus rooms, though for the former you can easily just skip it and for the later you may replace these letters for another word instead (or maybe just a generic 1234 sequence). Otherwise I don't think there are legal issues for anything else, as I believe those are the only things Nintendo needs to remove to put the game as a masterpiece in SSB Wii U. I can see them trying to get the rights to display the Rare logo for a VC release, but not for a playable demo in SSB.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
You pretty much summed up my thoughts about K. Rool. I have no doubt Sakurai is and was aware of his popularity and I'm confident he at least considered him. I also think he was very possibly planned but put on low priority due to his lack of post-Brawl appearances, case worsened by the complete lack of well-known VC games featuring him until recently, which made Sakurai think that the Wii and Wii U Nintendo audience was very possibly unfamiliar with him. I honestly think K. Rool's merits should overweigh his lack of recent appearances, though I admit his inclusion would kind of be a slap in the face of people who discovered the DKC series with either Returns or Tropical Freeze and never had the opportunity to discover the older games.

You know what would be awesome? Not only putting K. Rool as a DLC character in SSB4, but also adding a DKC masterpiece alongside him. Though I don't think it's likely because of the Rare logo and letters on some bonus rooms, though for the former you can easily just skip it and for the later you may replace these letters for another word instead (or maybe just a generic 1234 sequence). Otherwise I don't think there are legal issues for anything else, as I believe those are the only things Nintendo needs to remove to put the game as a masterpiece in SSB Wii U. I can see them trying to get the rights to display the Rare logo for a VC release, but not for a playable demo in SSB.
Well, a Masterpiece would probably be added in a patch. But totally agree, it'd be kool if they started off a Masterpiece for DKC2 at Kaptain K. Rool on the Flying Kroc.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Is the Rare logo really something that'd keep DKC out of the Masterpieces section when it didn't stop the games from being rereleased unchanged on the eShop to begin with?

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
You know, I really want K. Rool in, but I agree with the notion that he was probably both considered and cut because of low priority. If he can ever have a strong shot of getting in, DKCR3 needs to come out within Smash 4's lifespan and feature K. Rool prominently. Judging by all of the hints Retro's sent our way, I don't think we need to worry about that second point, it's the first point that is worrying me though. I'm sure DKCR3 will be released before SSB5 is announced, but will it give the team enough time to work on him and to implement him before Smash 4 becomes a thing of the past?

Despite all of this however, if Smash 5 happens, I'm confident that us Kuttthroats will finally get our king after over two decades of waiting.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
You know, I really want K. Rool in, but I agree with the notion that he was probably both considered and cut because of low priority. If he can ever have a strong shot of getting in, DKCR3 needs to come out within Smash 4's lifespan and feature K. Rool prominently. Judging by all of the hints Retro's sent our way, I don't think we need to worry about that second point, it's the first point that is worrying me though. I'm sure DKCR3 will be released before SSB5 is announced, but will it give the team enough time to work on him and to implement him before Smash 4 becomes a thing of the past?

Despite all of this however, if Smash 5 happens, I'm confident that us Kuttthroats will finally get our king after over two decades of waiting.
What are these hints that Retro has given us

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Does anyone know if the Returns trophies and the Pauline one have any specific unlock conditions on the Wii U

I need Pauline and 5 Returns trophies then I'll have every DK trophy in the game

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
K. Rool, Dixie and Kritter have unlock conditions, but none of the others off the top of my head (the Returns ones in particular, I remember agonizing over getting from the shop).

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
K. Rool, Dixie and Kritter have unlock conditions, but none of the others off the top of my head (the Returns ones in particular, I remember agonizing over getting from the shop).
I have 400+ trophies, mostly from spamming DK in Trophy Rush. If they are just random drops that means I can get them in Trophy Rush right. I just rarely get any new trophies in Rush anymore so I'm wondering if I have to get them as random drops elsewhere.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I feel like the next Smash game may be our best bet.

Getting K. Rool back on the throne would be a hype start, of course~

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Wait, what if the next two DLC characters after Mewtwo (because we know he'll sell like hotcakes) are revealed to be King K.Rool and Ridley?

It'd be the end of Smashboards as we know it! :p

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Wait, what if the next two DLC characters after Mewtwo (because we know he'll sell like hotcakes) are revealed to be King K.Rool and Ridley?

It'd be the end of Smashboards as we know it! :p
If they don't go insane from the news, I'm pretty sure the staff would go insane trying to keep the place sane. :laugh:

:231:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
I know in the past i have been a vocal about my opionions about K rool but yesterday i was playing smash and i really wanted to do a 4 way villain battle.Bowser vs ganondorf vs dedede vs ........?Than i realized we don't really have a 4th big villain.We have Wario but he's the hero in series(as werid as they may be),Dark pit whose more a anti hero,bowser jr who is more a villian sidekick than a villian.So i no lie sat down and thought for like an hour on villians who could join the game.Wolf,porky,captain syrup,medusa,etc but for some reason this guy kept popping in my head.So to wrap this paragraph up i was hoping if i could be become a supporter

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I know in the past i have been a vocal about my opionions about K rool but yesterday i was playing smash and i really wanted to do a 4 way villain battle.Bowser vs ganondorf vs dedede vs ........?Than i realized we don't really have a 4th big villain.We have Wario but he's the hero in series(as werid as they may be),Dark pit whose more a anti hero,bowser jr who is more a villian sidekick than a villian.So i no lie sat down and thought for like an hour on villians who could join the game.Wolf,porky,captain syrup,medusa,etc but for some reason this guy kept popping in my head.So to wrap this paragraph up i was hoping if i could be become a supporter
ARR!! Welcome aboard the Gangplank Galleon, me hearties!

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I'm on toxic tower now in dkc2. Could anyone tell me how to do Rattly's super jump to reach those really high platforms please?

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
I realized that the Mewtwo DLC offer expired at the end of the month, panicked, and finally stopped putting it off. :p

Playing through DKC2 again, and I can't remember how I managed the first time. Game's haaaard. But fun. Currently grumping around in Gloomy Gulch getting too many game overs and having to re-do the same levels over and over again. That stinkin' wind level...

This is unrelated, but I've been hearing rumors of a Paper Mario: TTYD remake on 3DS. Can anyone confirm or deny this? I only ask because upon hearing this I was like "Thousand Year Door? Big deal, where's my DK64 sequel?"

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I realized that the Mewtwo DLC offer expired at the end of the month, panicked, and finally stopped putting it off. :p

Playing through DKC2 again, and I can't remember how I managed the first time. Game's haaaard. But fun. Currently grumping around in Gloomy Gulch getting too many game overs and having to re-do the same levels over and over again. That stinkin' wind level...

This is unrelated, but I've been hearing rumors of a Paper Mario: TTYD remake on 3DS. Can anyone confirm or deny this? I only ask because upon hearing this I was like "Thousand Year Door? Big deal, where's my DK64 sequel?"
Probably fake.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Probably fake.
For the record, although you're probably right, one thing that stands out to me is that the leak actually shows the bottom screen. Unlike other leaks who only show the top.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Dedede is not a villain.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Hey Kutthroats!!!

Last time I had posted I mentioned I was making my very own figure of our king. I just thought I'd stop by to show you guys!! I thought you'd all appreciate it I just took him out of the oven a few hours ago I won't start painting till the weekend most likely hope you can see my pictures

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

NNID
AwesomeCauliflwr
3DS FC
0576-6167-0092
Hey Kutthroats!!!

Last time I had posted I mentioned I was making my very own figure of our king. I just thought I'd stop by to show you guys!! I thought you'd all appreciate it I just took him out of the oven a few hours ago I won't start painting till the weekend most likely hope you can see my pictures

View attachment 44440 View attachment 44441 View attachment 44442
Nice job! I wish there was actual K Rool merchandise, like that DK64 Prototype plushie

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Nice job! I wish there was actual K Rool merchandise, like that DK64 Prototype plushie
Thank you! Me too, partly why this was my quest lol. The lack of K.Rool merchandise is disturbing so if I can't buy stuff I may aswell make stuff. I also commissioned a 3-D printed figure he should be here in a few weeks I'm really excited!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

Dust^

Smash Rookie

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
A DeviantArt user named DreamingBaku is working on a new K. Rool model, incorporating elements of his Rare and Paon designs, plus inspiration from Tropical Freeze's art style. This is an image of the work in progress.

Personally, this is right along the lines of what I'd like to see for a potential character redesign. What do you all think?

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
A DeviantArt user named DreamingBaku is working on a new K. Rool model, incorporating elements of his Rare and Paon designs, plus inspiration from Tropical Freeze's art style. This is an image of the work in progress.

Personally, this is right along the lines of what I'd like to see for a potential character redesign. What do you all think?
I can definitely get down with that.

AND HE HAS A TAIL~ <3

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH

That looks pretty dern good, actually. Though I would prefer him to have the massive crown for the purposes of throwing, I could definitely get used to something like this.

thats pretty cool
but if they made a dk game with that k rool model then kids would be looking under thier bed for him.....he looks like a crazy monster

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
thats pretty cool
but if they made a dk game with that k rool model then kids would be looking under thier bed for him.....he looks like a crazy monster
I bet their are kids thinking "lel Metal Face, Yellow Devil and Ridley are pushovers, I'll fight them in their games!" only to turn out weak and pathetic, scared as Ridley doesn't join sides and Yellow Devil doing what he does best

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I bet their are kids thinking "lel Metal Face, Yellow Devil and Ridley are pushovers, I'll fight them in their games!" only to turn out weak and pathetic, scared as Ridley doesn't join sides and Yellow Devil doing what he does best
I doubt they'd get to Yellow devil and they'd quit Xenoblade because the first battle against Metal face is a forced loss if they were to get to the battle with him. I doubt they'd get past Xord either.
"Why doesn't his Health bar go down!"

Last edited:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion

Still wish he had a bigger crown but I'm glad he at least has a tail. I suppose I could get used to this. The head looks pretty cool too. I just want his eye to be really bloodshot again to show just how evil and insane he is.

Top Bottom