• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Those who have both a Wii U and 3-DS or 2-DS and registered SSB4 at club nintendo get a free download code before his official release date.
I was under the impression the download code wouldn't be available until the release date. It makes no sense for the download code to be released prior to his actual release. Even then, the download code's release means nothing. You won't get Mewtwo until his actual release, and its EXTREMELY unlikely it'll be released immediately upon the expiration of the deal.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I was under the impression the download code wouldn't be available until the release date. It makes no sense for the download code to be released prior to his actual release. Even then, the download code's release means nothing. You won't get Mewtwo until his actual release, and its EXTREMELY unlikely it'll be released immediately upon the expiration of the deal.
Well, for a long time the page stated MAY be available for purchase at a later date. Don't know if that means after people who registered both get it, or if it's just saying "will be purchasable at launch."

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Well, for a long time the page stated MAY be available for purchase at a later date. Don't know if that means after people who registered both get it, or if it's just saying "will be purchasable at launch."
This has nothing to do with the point I was trying to make. It seems like some people are assuming that the download code will be available immediately upon the Club Nintendo deal's expiration, and then download Mewtwo once he's actually ready. My point is that, odds are, the download code WILL NOT be given out until Mewtwo is actually ready to download. My remarks have absolutely nothing to do with him being purchasable separately later if you missed out on the download code.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
This has nothing to do with the point I was trying to make. It seems like some people are assuming that the download code will be available immediately upon the Club Nintendo deal's expiration, and then download Mewtwo once he's actually ready. My point is that, odds are, the download code WILL NOT be given out until Mewtwo is actually ready to download. My remarks have absolutely nothing to do with him being purchasable separately later if you missed out on the download code.
Oh, my bad man. I meant to quote at @ BowserK.Rool BowserK.Rool . Honest mistake.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
My ssb special edition soundtrack arrived on the due date which expired after, that's why I'm guesstimating the same with the mewtwo dlc.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I doubt K. Rool will be DLC to be honest. Hanging out in a K. Rool thread for months on end is likely to skew your perception of his true popularity. He's probably only popular sites like this one where all the 90's kids hang. I doubt he has a huge following in places such as Miiverse.

I think Dixie is more likely, but I don't think we'll get her either.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Getting a legitimate snapshot of character popularity is difficult because there's no one true way to weigh each source. K. Rool dominates most Internet Smash sites across the globe, but takes a backseat on Miiverse to Shrek and Goku (so I've heard, have never used Miiverse personally). But is Miiverse really weighed the same as online fanbases? I can't imagine, say, Shulk or Palutena had a ton of support on such a casual "board," and yet there they are.

All in all, it seems as though, so long as there's the tiniest pocket of fans out there who like a character, it gets defended as popular, even if it's not Mewtwo/K. Rool/Ridley tier.

Character likelihood for DLC is anyone's guess. Depends on whether they release individual characters, bundles of them, promotional tagalongs, a new version of the game with newcomers in tow, etc.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Getting a legitimate snapshot of character popularity is difficult because there's no one true way to weigh each source. K. Rool dominates most Internet Smash sites across the globe, but takes a backseat on Miiverse to Shrek and Goku (so I've heard, have never used Miiverse personally). But is Miiverse really weighed the same as online fanbases? I can't imagine, say, Shulk or Palutena had a ton of support on such a casual "board," and yet there they are.

All in all, it seems as though, so long as there's the tiniest pocket of fans out there who like a character, it gets defended as popular, even if it's not Mewtwo/K. Rool/Ridley tier.

Character likelihood for DLC is anyone's guess. Depends on whether they release individual characters, bundles of them, promotional tagalongs, a new version of the game with newcomers in tow, etc.
I'm just questioning how popular he is amongst gen Z. I don't see how he'd make sense over Dixie (from Nintendo's perspective). Dixie is popular amongst both generations, has a recent game, and is pretty much guaranteed a future in the DK franchise. Not to mention she'd be easier to make. Yes K. Rool is more unique but let's be real how unique a moveset is won't affect DLC sales. Popularity and marketability are really the only things that matter

Personally I think if we get more DLC it won't be unique characters. I think we'll just cop-out stuff like clones, alts, stages and music.

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
I'm just questioning how popular he is amongst gen Z. I don't see how he'd make sense over Dixie (from Nintendo's perspective). Dixie is popular amongst both generations, has a recent game, and is pretty much guaranteed a future in the DK franchise. Not to mention she'd be easier to make. Yes K. Rool is more unique but let's be real how unique a moveset is won't affect DLC sales. Popularity and marketability are really the only things that matter

Personally I think if we get more DLC it won't be unique characters. I think we'll just cop-out stuff like clones, alts, stages and music.
Or maybe Veteran Characters... Like Wolf :wolf:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I just had this idea for a Down B move for King K. Rool. Let me share it with you.

Down B: Play Dead.

When Down B is continually held down, K. Rool will do what he can do best, play dead. When he does this, he will be motionless and will not be able to do anything, but he cannot be damaged at all, making him completely invulnerable to attacks. He can still be moved around a bit. K. Rool will wake up after some time. Also, when the move stops being used, but is used again shortly afterward, K. Rool will play dead in a shorter time than the last, and with that, he must wait for a while before he can use the move again at the full amount of time.

Note: If King K. Rool is on his last life, or has the least amount of KOs in battle, you'll see the credits roll on by. They move pretty fast, though, and can only be seen easily when one pauses the game. Also, this will happen once per battle.

So, what do you all think?

Last edited:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Or maybe Veteran Characters... Like Wolf :wolf:
The thing that makes me doubt vets is that Sakurai is hesitant to DLC because he thinks people will feel they're paying for content that should already be in the game. Paying for vets would be the prime example of this.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I just find it crazy that not a single interviewer ever asked Sakurai about K. Rool throughout the 16 years Smash Bros. has existed.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Is this a theory or is there a source?
http://club2.nintendo.com/smash-promo/

Hint, Download "Codes"

I doubt K. Rool will be DLC to be honest. Hanging out in a K. Rool thread for months on end is likely to skew your perception of his true popularity. He's probably only popular sites like this one where all the 90's kids hang. I doubt he has a huge following in places such as Miiverse.

I think Dixie is more likely, but I don't think we'll get her either.
You've got the DKC (SNES) trilogy fan groups on Miiverse where there are plenty of gamers long time and new who are enjoying the games and even are for the idea of K. Rool being Super Smash Bros. 4 DLC

I can see both happening.

I doubt it, I don't even take the majority of fans on Miiverse seriously being how they're either very very young or just a bunch of trolls who want to start pointless nonsense, Heck Shrek and Goku aren't even real video game characters let alone Nintendo ones.

Last edited:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I doubt it, I don't even take the majority of fans on Miiverse seriously being how they're either very very young or just a bunch of trolls who want to start pointless nonsense, Heck Shrek and Goku aren't even real video game characters let alone Nintendo ones.
Nintendo takes them seriously because that age group is a huge portion of the fan-base

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Nintendo takes them seriously because that age group is a huge portion of the fan-base
Maybe so but there are plenty of older fans as well. Most of the people on Miiverse get warnings on there anyway for misbehaving.

Last edited:

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman

Redone my Kritter footstool to make him fit more with the pic. Took ages to get it looking somewhat decent. Either way it's MUCH better than it looked before!

My tone work is improving I feel.

Last edited:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion

Redone my Kritter footstool to make him fit more with the pic. Took ages to get it looking somewhat decent. Either way it's MUCH better than it looked before!

My tone work is improving I feel.
Are you still going to give the kritter his tail?

NNID
AwesomeCauliflwr
3DS FC
0576-6167-0092

Well i'm Gen Z, but none of my 10 friends knew who he was before i told them

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
The thing that makes me doubt vets is that Sakurai is hesitant to DLC because he thinks people will feel they're paying for content that should already be in the game. Paying for vets would be the prime example of this.
Mewtwo destroys that argument and unlike Lucas and Wolf, he had by far the biggest amounts of requests among Nintendo characters world-wide (I believe he also beat Mega Man in terms of fan reuqets) pre- Smash 4. Lucas and Wolf fans weren't nearly as vocal before they knew they were cut, whereas Mewtwo's fanbase was always vocal. And yet, here we are with the one character who not only was hugely requested but also the only character who qualified as the "hot Pokemon" either being out-prioritized despite his fan demand or deliberately not planned for the initial roster, only making it in as the first DLC character. If Mewtwo of all characters could end up as DLC instead of being in the initial roster like what most of us here thought he would likely be, then Wolf and Lucas being DLC would also not be seen as content that should already be in the game by Sakurai.

Last edited:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Mewtwo destroys that argument and unlike Lucas and Wolf, he had by far the biggest amounts of requests among Nintendo characters world-wide (I believe he also beat Mega Man in terms of fan reuqets) pre- Smash 4. Lucas and Wolf fans weren't nearly as vocal before they knew they were cut, whereas Mewtwo's fanbase was always vocal. And yet, here we are with the one character who not only was hugely requested but also the only character who qualified as the "hot Pokemon" either being out-prioritized despite his fan demand or deliberately not planned for the initial roster, only making it in as the first DLC character. If Mewtwo of all characters could end up as DLC instead of being in the initial roster like what most of us here thought he would likely be, then Wolf and Lucas being DLC would also not be seen as content that should already be in the game by Sakurai.
Mewtwo is being used to make people buy both versions. That's possibly why the most requested character wasn't in the initial

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
So, if I may ask, what do you all think of my Down B idea for King K. Rool I posted on this page?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Really? I am glad you gave me that little compliment.
I make movesets every now and then and when you quoted me I realized I forgot to say what I liked about it, when I make movesets, I want criticism, my K.Rool moveset was generally met with praise, most likely because of the alts and throws, I hear I'm creative with those

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I make movesets every now and then and when you quoted me I realized I forgot to say what I liked about it, when I make movesets, I want criticism, my K.Rool moveset was generally met with praise, most likely because of the alts and throws, I hear I'm creative with those
I know what you mean. Even if it is hard to take it, criticism is a rather good thing. I mean, how could something be better without criticism, after all?

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
To quote a good friend of mine:

"Good reviews make me a happy writer, honest reviews make me a better writer."

The same mantra applies to any discipline. Criticism is necessary for improvement - if we didn't recognise our flaws, how would we know what needs to be bettered?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
To quote a good friend of mine:

"Good reviews make me a happy writer, honest reviews make me a better writer."

The same mantra applies to any discipline. Criticism is necessary for improvement - if we didn't recognise our flaws, how would we know what needs to be bettered?
Agreed, Wintropy. Criticism is just one of those things you can never do without.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss

Following that thread of logic, though, we'd have seen guys like Toad a long time ago. If anyone could write Dixie off as a candidate, it'd be Sakurai, who seems as incapable of seeing uniqueness in some characters as he is capable of seeing uniqueness in others. Of course, with DLC in general, we still don't know what role he'll have, what future games are being taken into consideration under our noses, what "Smash 6" entails, etc.

I just had this idea for a Down B move for King K. Rool. Let me share it with you.

Down B: Play Dead.

When Down B is continually held down, K. Rool will do what he can do best, play dead. When he does this, he will be motionless and will not be able to do anything, but he cannot be damaged at all, making him completely invulnerable to attacks. He can still be moved around a bit. K. Rool will wake up after some time. Also, when the move stops being used, but is used again shortly afterward, K. Rool will play dead in a shorter time than the last, and with that, he must wait for a while before he can use the move again at the full amount of time.

Note: If King K. Rool is on his last life, or has the least amount of KOs in battle, you'll see the credits roll on by. They move pretty fast, though, and can only be seen easily when one pauses the game. Also, this will happen once per battle.

So, what do you all think?
Cool idea, although balancing is needed to keep the player from flat-out stalling during matches. On the note of playing dead, one other idea @ JaidynReiman JaidynReiman had was that K. Rool can play dead for both his crouch and a taunt. That way, when he collapses, foes have no idea whether he's vulnerable to punishment or is just preparing to use a D-Tilt or D-Smash on their unsuspecting selves.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Cool idea, although balancing is needed to keep the player from flat-out stalling during matches. On the note of playing dead, one other idea @ JaidynReiman JaidynReiman had was that K. Rool can play dead for both his crouch and a taunt. That way, when he collapses, foes have no idea whether he's vulnerable to punishment or is just preparing to use a D-Tilt or D-Smash on their unsuspecting selves.
That IS another good idea there. Still, I am glad you found my idea to be cool.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
So Sakurai's statement re: Takamaru's got me wondering.

Y'all reckon K. Rool could be in a similar "considered, but withheld until he appears in a new title" predicament to our samurai swordsman?

NNID
AwesomeCauliflwr
3DS FC
0576-6167-0092
So Sakurai's statement re: Takamaru's got me wondering.

Y'all reckon K. Rool could be in a similar "considered, but withheld until he appears in a new title" predicament to our samurai swordsman?
that seems most likely, sakurai is probably aware of k rool's popularity and thats why i think if he is the villain of dkcr3 then he is almost certain for smash 5

Top Bottom