• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Damn I see the trophy for King K. Rool just as I'm downloading the new demo for 3DS. I'm very sad to see King K. Rool not in, but man just having a little demo to play has made all the difference for me and reminded me at the end of the day Smash Bros for Wii U and 3DS is still an insanely fun game to play who has some great newcomers like Mega Man in it. King K. Rool really should have been in from the start this time, and he might just end up on the roster through DLC, Wii U unlock, whatever, but I'm not going to hold my breath for him.

I'll never have the same blind hope for a Smash games roster, or look really that deeply into anything Sakurai does again, that's for certain, so it has been a needed learning experience for me in some ways I suppose, but I'll be back around to support our King for the next Smash, and always will as long as he's not in, and support him as a character in another DK game as well. Man I would have loved to have seen him this time around, but the anger and frustration are going, and I'm starting to already accept everything for what it is, and part of it is really great.

As a token of appreciation to this thread, anyone here who has been somewhat of a regular here and doesn't have an NA copy of the Smash 3DS demo, I've got two I'm willing to give out, first come, first serve of course, PM me and don't post in the thread about it if you want one.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Guys...just...somebody hold me. I'm pretty cry right now.

I was all fine with the roster, but the complete lack of DK content, especially since he's finally been in the spotlight, is just really ****ing stupid. What the hell?

Well, salt aside, it's been excellent serving with you, Kutthroats! Who knows what'll come for the King between now and the next iteration. I'm not sure I'll be around for speculation, but if I am, I look forward to serving with you again.

Never stop being "One of Us".

Good night, my King.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Guys, this may not be the place for it, but I know of a another DK rep that has been in more games than Dixie or K.Rool.

Cranky Kong! He's the last possible character that they could include at this point, K Rool and Dixie are just trophies. If Patches are confirmed (and people have found that smash takes up data space but has some empty so DLC is confirmed) Then the only possible character is the original kong himself. He's in nearly every DK game, so he isn't irrelevant or a one-off character like the Tikis, and he could be unique with his pogo stick gimmick from Tropical Freeze.

The DK series deserves more, and Cranky Kong is all that's left. So what do you say?
Cranky is also a trophy, though.

Not that I think being a trophy means being deconfirmed, especially if it is timed release or another version.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Guys...just...somebody hold me. I'm pretty cry right now.

I was all fine with the roster, but the complete lack of DK content, especially since he's finally been in the spotlight, is just really ****ing stupid. What the hell?

Well, salt aside, it's been excellent serving with you, Kutthroats! Who knows what'll come for the King between now and the next iteration. I'm not sure I'll be around for speculation, but if I am, I look forward to serving with you again.

Never stop being "One of Us".

Good night, my King.
There's no shame in being disappointed and angry. Sakurai apologists will try to just call you salty in order to dismiss your points, but our points are reasonable and objective. Don't let anyone belittle your dissatisfaction.

Smady

Smash Master
The lack of DK content is truly baffling - I don't think we fooled ourselves in this thread when it was largely agreed, DK is in for some new content. Be it a newcomer, a stage, or anything. So far it looks like basically nothing.

I really thought that DKCR's immense popularity would carry through to one newcomer, maybe even two, I was very wrong. At a point you have to give up trying to guess Sakurai's mindset, as it seems like even one of the most popular and under-represented series can be ignored for his own games or obscurer series that already are well-represented, just 'cause. There may be more in the Wii U version, as the lack of content for DK right now is unreal.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
The lack of DK content is truly baffling - I don't think we fooled ourselves in this thread when it was largely agreed, DK is in for some new content. Be it a newcomer, a stage, or anything. So far it looks like basically nothing.

I really thought that DKCR's immense popularity would carry through to one newcomer, maybe even two, I was very wrong. At a point you have to give up trying to guess Sakurai's mindset, as it seems like even one of the most popular and under-represented series can be ignored for his own games or obscurer series that already are well-represented, just 'cause. There may be more in the Wii U version, as the lack of content for DK right now is unreal.
The one thing we can agree on at the very least is that DK will get a new stage on Wii U. I'm not counting on anything else, though. No, we didn't fool ourselves into thinking DK would get new content. The fact is, DK is the #1 veteran franchise deserving of new content due to its massive popularity and appeal. The #1 most wanted and requested Nintendo newcomer also came from this franchise as well.

Cranky is also a trophy, though.

Not that I think being a trophy means being deconfirmed, especially if it is timed release or another version.
Well, anyone not on the roster is deconfirmed for being on the main roster. A timed release thing is still possible, as well as DLC. I'd say anyone whose got anything more than a trophy is deconfirmed, though, and Cranky appears on the Jungle Japes stage. If K. Rool is a stage hazard on Wii U, I'd take it, its at least SOMETHING more showing that K. Rool is important. However, if K. Rool is truly DK's answer to Bowser's Mario as even Sakurai believes, K. Rool is important enough to be a playable character, whether through DLC or something else.

That description was aimed at us, guys. Sakurai is telling us, even though he couldn't make K. Rool playable, he's still important to the DK franchise, exactly as we've been saying all along. And frankly I think that's the biggest thing we all wanted (right next to K. Rool being playable, obviously). Even if K. Rool isn't DLC, I do see good things with K. Rool in the future.

Last edited:

VelocityHill

Smash Rookie
Can I become a last-minute Kremling Kutthroat too? I was sure Sakurai would give us at least one DK newcomer, be it Dixie or K. Rool. Both of them are great characters who should've been in together. To see neither of them in leaves a gaping hole in the game for me. The fact that Sakurai has pretty much ignored a series as colourful as Donkey Kong altogether is a terrible shame.

I've been watching this thread for some time, and there's such a respectible and welcoming community here. I hope we can all pull together, and one way or another, get the Kremling King playable in Smash 4.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
@ BKupa666 BKupa666 can you send me an invitation for the big 4 alliance please?

Also it's really sad that K.Rool, bad for us, fans, and for the DK franchise in general. However there still a little hope for DLC. I will never stop to support the king!

Last edited:

M&Mavocado

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, I haven't been around thanks to school and stuff, but I've always been supporting King K. Rool. I'm still holding out a faint, vague hope that the entire roster hasn't been unlocked yet, although that is unlikely. In fact, the Big 3 and Waddle Dee were the only characters I really wanted in Smash, and none of them are in (also Wolf appears to be cut but that's another story). Wow.

But I've made peace with it and I'm sure I'll be able to find a newcomer I like to play as, even if I don't like the characters themselves nearly as much as the Big 3. Still, I can't help but feel like Sakurai made a mistake not including these insanely popular characters. Oh well, that's life. See you guys around for Smash 5! You're all a great community and I'm so glad to have been a part of it.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
There better be an amazing stage and a **** ton of music for the lack of Dixie, K. Rool OR even ****ing Cranky. Seriously, I'm cool with the roster but this just kinda baffles me that there is so little rep now that the series is back.

D

Deleted member

*Sigh* Hello guys, I know this is very late, but I would fully welcome his inclusion. He really deserves the third spot for DK rep. Anyway, hopefully he gets to be playable eventually.(And hopefully will be the villain of the next Donkey Country game.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Wiinner159

Smash Hero
NNID
Make a guess...
3DS FC
2251-6491-9042
Soo..... I know it's been a while since I've posted here, but BKupa, any chance you could add me to the Big 4 Alliance? Was a follower of this thread for a good long time and was a somewhat active Ridley supporter. (Hopefully I can figure out how to accept an invite if you deem me worthy, cause this is literally the first and probably only forum I'd be on)

El Chunko

Smash Cadet
Not sure if news or not...

The translation gives hope though, especially towards the end :p "...the Kongs are always watching for his Gangplank Galleon, perhaps it may surprise them sooner than they think!"

Im calling it now: Gangplank Galleon confirmed for Wii U!

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
The translation gives hope though, especially towards the end :p "...the Kongs are always watching for his Gangplank Galleon, perhaps it may surprise them sooner than they think!"

**** it. I'll take a stage boss. I just need to SEE him.

At least, despite all his faults. Sakurai still recognizes that K. Rool is important, MUCH more important than Tong and Freddy, too.

Lets hope for that Gangplank Galleon stage, at least. And of course see how DLC is going to work.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Nope. I'll add the last few people during one last update.
I'd like to be added as well, for K. Rool's sake.

It's been nice serving with you guys, and a learning experience. However, I've got enough hope for some eventual appearance on the Wii U version...

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
There's no shame in being disappointed and angry. Sakurai apologists will try to just call you salty in order to dismiss your points, but our points are reasonable and objective. Don't let anyone belittle your dissatisfaction.
I'm not a "Sakurai apologist", but I would at least want context on why K. Rool and Dixie were rejected, if it's brought up. Depending on the wording, it may clarify on some details, unless it's only "I hate all of you #rekt".

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Wellp, that's that.
I still think there'll be characters that get added when the Wii U version comes out, but I guess K.Rool isn't one of them.
That's really disappointing.
We've never seen that model before
or Dixie's
hold your horses

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
**** it. I'll take a stage boss. I just need to SEE him.

At least, despite all his faults. Sakurai still recognizes that K. Rool is important, MUCH more important than Tong and Freddy, too.

Lets hope for that Gangplank Galleon stage, at least. And of course see how DLC is going to work.
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: K. Rool being a stage boss is better than nothing. I'd love DLC, but if he's a stage boss, and if Playable Stage Bosses is a thing, I'll take it. I'd rather have him a fully playable character, but hey, its something at least. He's at least acknowledging what we Kutthroats all believed: K. Rool is an extremely important part of the DK franchise.

StrangeMann

Smash Ace

If this translation is true....
Expect Retro to bring back the kremlings soon.
Or Gangplank Galleon on wii u.
Either way.

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: K. Rool being a stage boss is better than nothing. I'd love DLC, but if he's a stage boss, and if Playable Stage Bosses is a thing, I'll take it. I'd rather have him a fully playable character, but hey, its something at least. He's at least acknowledging what we Kutthroats all believed: K. Rool is an extremely important part of the DK franchise.
Put him in the public eye. That's all I ask.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I feel like I should have posted in here more often. Not having K.Roll sucks, I've always thought he was a great villain and character in general. I wanted K. Rool to be in tropical freeze but, he can make his return in DKCR 3 hopefully and maybe make full appearance in smash.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero

I'm getting visions of the Pit trophy from Melee.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

Or DLC! Maybe they just wanted to promote K. Rool when a new DK game (like Diddy Kong Racing 2) was announced.

Lol, grasping at straws, but I love that trophy description. Even though K. Rool isn't playable, Sakurai still understands how the fans feel. Makes me a lot less salty about lack of K. Rool.

Last edited:

Zynux

Smash Lord
http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...g-support-thread.324279/page-46#post-17558655

My post in the Dixie thread.

The DK franchise got Bodied, Destroyed, Ruined and Wrecked in this game.

I could handle Ridley biting the dust. I don't agree, but he was always a controversial character and I always found it likely for him to just be a Boss in the end. Mewtwo, again, I could handle: it baffles me, but he missed out in Brawl. him missing out here was still possible.

But I don't know what to think about the lack of DK content...it's truly...bizarre. Very surreal.

""King K. Rool is to Donkey Kong as to what the evil king Bowser is to Mario -- a rival. Despite being an alligator he wears a crown, and is quite arrogant. Even if he were a friend rather than foe, he does not seem to be too reliable of a guy. The day King K. Rool turns over a new leaf and becomes an ally --will probably not come."

Here you go!
Well, at the very least it's a good trophy description. Glad he got some recognition and there's nothing about his "brother."

Please, at the very least, give us a Gangplank Galleon stage. Hell, I'll even take Stage Boss K. Rool at this point.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...g-support-thread.324279/page-46#post-17558655

My post in the Dixie thread.

The DK franchise got Bodied, Destroyed, Ruined and Wrecked in this game.

I could handle Ridley biting the dust. I don't agree, but he was always a controversial character and I always found it likely for him to just be a Boss in the end. Mewtwo, again, I could handle: it baffles me, but he missed out in Brawl. him missing out here was still possible.

But I don't know what to think about the lack of DK content...it's truly...bizarre. Very surreal.

Well, at the very least it's a good trophy description. Glad he got some recognition and there's nothing about his "brother."

Please, at the very least, give us a Gangplank Galleon stage. Hell, I'll even take Stage Boss K. Rool at this point.
I was content with the idea of a K. Rool stage boss a long time ago. This thread changed my mind, but in the prospect of no K. Rool at all (except a trophy), I'd be content with that. Especially if the rumor about Playable Bosses exclusive to Wii U being true.

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
""King K. Rool is to Donkey Kong as to what the evil king Bowser is to Mario -- a rival. Despite being an alligator he wears a crown, and is quite arrogant. Even if he were a friend rather than foe, he does not seem to be too reliable of a guy. The day King K. Rool turns over a new leaf and becomes an ally --will probably not come."

Here you go!
here's the translation for those that missed it.

Top Bottom