• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
Just sent a email to Nintendo stating that the final roster leaves out some very popular characters and unnecessarily cuts a few veterans. I'm going to start making a K. Rool based video soon.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I thinks they did that because they wanted the DKCR games to stand alone without previous Rare aspects (and it surprisingly did!)
It did, but it didn't have the same lasting appeal without the Kremlings. DKC Tropical Freeze, though doing fairly well, isn't doing NEARLY the same as Returns did. If they brought back the Kremlings, I think the hype for TF would've been far, far greater as a whole.

Robotic Operating Buddy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Moguera24
It did, but it didn't have the same lasting appeal without the Kremlings. DKC Tropical Freeze, though doing fairly well, isn't doing NEARLY the same as Returns did. If they brought back the Kremlings, I think the hype for TF would've been far, far greater as a whole.
Maybe they plan on rounding out a trilogy with Kremlings returning?
At least that's what I hope for

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
The fact that they are brand new models strikes me suspicious
the theory still stands.

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
I'm playing the 3DS Demo right now, but I'm not enjoying it that much now that I know K Rool is a trophy... :(

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
It's not doing as well because of the install base. How many people own a Wii compared to a Wii U? How many DKC fans and/or people who liked DKCR have a Wii U? Kremlings are a good factor, but the hype was pretty strong knowing that Dixie and more importantly David Wise was back in tbe series.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
It's not doing as well because of the install base. How many people own a Wii compared to a Wii U? How many DKC fans and/or people who liked DKCR have a Wii U? Kremlings are a good factor, but the hype was pretty strong knowing that Dixie and more importantly David Wise was back in tbe series.
Those did help, naturally. A DKCR3 with the Kremlings, expanding even further by bringing back more DK content, would help even more. I don't mind slowly bringing back the old content, and I perfectly well do believe K. Rool is coming back. Granted, I also wanted K. Rool in Smash. Maybe DLC is a possibility, we'll see.

FangedSniper

Smash Apprentice
Guys, this may not be the place for it, but I know of a another DK rep that has been in more games than Dixie or K.Rool.

Cranky Kong! He's the last possible character that they could include at this point, K Rool and Dixie are just trophies. If Patches are confirmed (and people have found that smash takes up data space but has some empty so DLC is confirmed) Then the only possible character is the original kong himself. He's in nearly every DK game, so he isn't irrelevant or a one-off character like the Tikis, and he could be unique with his pogo stick gimmick from Tropical Freeze.

The DK series deserves more, and Cranky Kong is all that's left. So what do you say?

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Guys, this may not be the place for it, but I know of a another DK rep that has been in more games than Dixie or K.Rool.

Cranky Kong! He's the last possible character that they could include at this point, K Rool and Dixie are just trophies. If Patches are confirmed (and people have found that smash takes up data space but has some empty so DLC is confirmed) Then the only possible character is the original kong himself. He's in nearly every DK game, so he isn't irrelevant or a one-off character like the Tikis, and he could be unique with his pogo stick gimmick from Tropical Freeze.

The DK series deserves more, and Cranky Kong is all that's left. So what do you say?
Cranky is already in the BG of a stage. At this point, DKJr is just about the last semi-likely DK rep without a role.

Although trophies don't rule out characters for future DLC at all.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

Um, Cranky was the FIRST DK character deconfirmed as playable. What are you talking about?

And Cranky ranks as one of the lowest characters as far as playable appearances go anyway.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Disappointing, but ultimately unsurprising. I dunno why Sak hates the DK series so much.
He's obviously trying to hype the Wii U version with the big 3
hence why they aren't present here.
Nintendo knows the Wii U needs sales, even though it's in second place. Nintendo knows about the big 3, and they would use the hypest characters for the thing that needs it the most.

Briokinho

Smash Cadet
Disappointing, but ultimately unsurprising. I dunno why Sak hates the DK series so much.
Salty the 3DS remake, and an american studio game, outsold his babies four to one maybe. More probably it's just cheap marketing for the "cool" and "edgy" new animu characters.

Last edited:

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Those did help, naturally. A DKCR3 with the Kremlings, expanding even further by bringing back more DK content, would help even more. I don't mind slowly bringing back the old content, and I perfectly well do believe K. Rool is coming back. Granted, I also wanted K. Rool in Smash. Maybe DLC is a possibility, we'll see.
I hope we do get some DK DLC; I'm certainly not thrilled about things as is and I'm probably gonna go back to lurking, but I see DLC as a reasonable possibility, and I'd love to see Retro's take on the Kremlings...but as of now IDK if I'll have to wait for Sakurai to put them in his game or Retro them in theirs.

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
Here's my email I sent to Nintendo for those who are curious:

I've been a Nintendo and Smash Bros. fan for almost a decade now and I am very excited about Smash Bros. for 3DS and Wii U. The game itself is amazing, the only thing that is sub-par is the character roster.

Some newcomers, like Villager, Mega Man, Little Mac, Palutena, Pac-Man, Robin and Shulk are cool and were popular character requests. However none of them were even close to Mewtwo, Ridley and K. Rool. All three had massive popularity and all three could easily be unique. Mewtwo is the most popular character worldwide and is ever more popular with the Mega Evolutions. In Greninja's trailer, he easily looked like Mewtwo. It is disappointing to see such a popular Melee veteran not restored to his former glory. Ridley's role was ambiguous for over a year and his deconfirmation is a massive hype deflater, especially in the west. He is the main antagonist of Metroid and deserves to be in after all of these years as a newcomer. K. Rool is also popular worldwide and with the prosperity of the Donkey Kong series since Brawl, it is puzzling that Donkey Kong not only not revives no newcomer, but not even an assist trophy. For Nintendo's fourth best selling character based series, that is wrong.

Some veteran characters like Ice Climbers, Wolf and Lucas are cut. Ice Climbers are the worse cut. I understand Mr. Sakurai said early on that the 3DS version would not limit the Wii U version, but that is the only logical explanation for a popular veteran character like them to be cut. Wolf is the main antagonist of Star Fox and more unique than Falco. He did not deserve to be cut. Lucas's cutting is debatable, but with Reggie acknowledging the desire for a new Star Fox (which did happen) and the want for Mother 3 to be localized finally, it is odd that he was cut.

Two newcomers, Dark Pit and Dr. Mario inclusions are perplexing(Known thanks to that leak). Neither is popular and too me it would make more sense to restore popular semi-clone veterans like Wolf and Lucas than add characters that most don't care about or even hate.

I and several others request that Nintendo considers adding the popular newcomers Mewtwo, Ridley and K. Rool as DLC and also add Wolf, Lucas and Ice Climbers as DLC. I would like to reiterate that I love Nintendo and Nintendo is one of the best gaming companies out there. However, in order to thrive and beat the competition the fan demand should be listened too. I suspect that more have similar feelings about the roster for Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and Wii U.

I tried being very polite about it and this email pretty much sums up what most of us want.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
None of the big 3 are disconfirmed
if we get a trophy that's not ripped directly from a previous game of any sort, then be happy, there is hope
if it's not a new model, then disconfirmed.
Dixie may be a semi clone and K Rool. being original, to Hype the U.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
if we get a trophy that's not ripped directly from a previous game of any sort, then be happy, there is hope
K. Rool and Dixie both have new models, which is interesting. Ridley is only possible as a playable if they are planning to hype the Wii U release with the Big 3, but otherwise there's little hope for Playabley. I think K. Rool is more likely as DLC than to hype the Wii U release, but I wouldn't mind either one. I'm not expecting anything, though.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
It's official, K. Rool just can never gain the sympathy of the company that owns rights to him unlike his own fans. While I'm not to bothered by Ridley and Mewtwo (or Lucas to a lesser extent), this bothers me a lot since this character had been getting draped on by Nintendo for years. If only Sakurai had a soul, then he could have done something great for him and this wouldn't have happened. Sakurai, you are one heartless man that likes to toy with the Star Fox and DK fans' a little TOO much! -_-

Last edited:

T-Hell

Smash Lord
K.Rool's trophy for Melee and Brawl were completely different.
I lost all hope for the Hype 3, sorry guys, I was on #TeamOptimistic, but I can't be optimistic anymore with this bunch of shenanigans.
It's been proven already that Sakurai does whatever the hell he wants and that's it.
Aiming for the best roster ever? Yeah, sure.
I'm still probably buying the game on the 3DS, but the Wii U can gtfo.

And I won't wait for another 7-8 years where I'll be 30 years old and probably won't care or won't be able to play videogames as much. Tss..

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I really don't think Isaac's fanbase compares with Rools/Mewtwos/Ridleys.

It really should either just be "big 3" or the 4th should be Dixie or Wolf.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I uh, guess I'll join that mentioned big 4 or w/e social group as well. BKupa or someone, please sent me an invite.

Before this gets closed, it was an honor being a Kutthroat. I regret not staying in the habit of still posting here consistently after awhile, but nonetheless, I've always enjoyed lurking/keeping up with what goes on here. You guys are an awesome, collected fanbase which I wish some others here like Ridley's was more like (even if his thread was still open, no way I'd be posting there anymore as to not feed the trolls).

0ShadowStories

Smash Rookie
Now what if, and this one big What If, there is a season pass for DLC characters/stages, along with the rumored 4 characters that require you to have both games

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I really don't think Isaac's fanbase compares with Rools/Mewtwos/Ridleys.

It really should either just be "big 3" or the 4th should be Dixie or Wolf.
Again, that was Oracle_Summon who started that. Isaac right now is looking to be THE BEST option for DLC, as there was literally no reason to cut his AT, and he still does not have a trophy either. That said, calling it "Big 4" is lame. It should've been more "Big 3 and Unrepresented Franchise DLC Discussion" or something like that, rather than "Big 4" since Isaac doesn't compare to the Big 3 at all. (He's generally been consistently within the Top 10 most wanted overall, but there's a significant gap between him and the Big 3.)

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
So will every Kutthroat receive an invite?
That's my plan. . .invite everyone and, if they want to join, they can, and if they don't, they can pass.

Also, to people saying the trophies have new models, what are you seeing that's new about them? They're the same Paon models that were in Brawl. In fact, it's been pointed out that the Rambi trophy is using his Paon model, despite there existing a new, updated Retro one.

Last edited:

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
That's my plan. . .invite everyone and, if they want to join, they can, and if they don't, they can pass.

Also, to people saying the trophies have new models, what are you seeing that's new about them? They're the same Paon models that were in Brawl. In fact, it's been pointed out that the Rambi trophy is using his Paon model, despite there existing a new, updated Retro one.
Is it too late to be a kuttthroat?

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
If the DLC thing doesn't work out, it's sad to think that "K. Rool would just be a Bowser Jr clone because cannonballs!" kind of arguments will be the new ammo stash for detractors during speculation of the next game... :\

D

Deleted member

I'll admit that I was pretty disappointed that King K. Rool didn't get in; really did think that he was a near shoe-in before E3 2013. Still, there is a slight silver lining when Sakurai compared King K. Rool as Donkey Kong's rival much like how Bowser is Mario's rival, so it's nice for him to acknowledge that.

I will always want K. Rool as playable in Smash (and to return to the Donkey Kong franchise). Mega Man's inclusion taught me to never give up hope for a dream and the fact that Sakurai acknowledge K. Rool as the main villain of the DK franchise has me feeling good about his return to the DK franchise eventually.

I'm glad to have been part of this community and the K. Rool fan base; loved interacting with all of you. Just remember one thing; we are the Kremling Kutthroats and we will always love the Kremling King.

@ BKupa666 BKupa666 If you're here, could you send me an invite to the group? I'm mainly interested because I want to continue to talking to the Kremling Kutthroats, but I don't mind helping out a little (although I will not be involving myself in DLC speculation).
If the DLC thing doesn't work out, it's sad to think that "K. Rool would just be a Bowser Jr clone because cannonballs!" kind of arguments will be the new ammo stash for detractors during speculation of the next game... :\
Good thing about this is that this game shows that characters commonly expected to be clones can still be original. Remember when a lot of us thought that Bowser Jr. was going to be a semi-clone of Bowser? Yet look at how well he turned out.

Last edited by a moderator:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'll admit that I was pretty disappointed that King K. Rool didn't get in; really did think that he was a near shoe-in before E3 2013. Still, there is a slight silver lining when Sakurai compared King K. Rool as Donkey Kong's rival much like how Bowser is Mario's rival, so it's nice for him to acknowledge that.

I will always want K. Rool as playable in Smash (and to return to the Donkey Kong franchise). Mega Man's inclusion taught me to never give up hope for a dream and the fact that Sakurai acknowledge K. Rool as the main villain of the DK franchise has me feeling good about his return to the DK franchise eventually.

I'm glad to have been part of this community and the K. Rool fan base; loved interacting with all of you. Just remember one thing; we are the Kremling Kutthroats and we will always love the Kremling King.

@ BKupa666 BKupa666 If you're here, could you send me an invite to the group? I'm mainly interested because I want to continue to talking to the Kremling Kutthroats, but I don't mind helping out a little (although I will not be involving myself in DLC speculation).
Good thing about this is that this game shows that characters commonly expected to be clones can still be original. Remember when a lot of us thought that Bowser Jr. was going to be a semi-clone of Bowser? Yet look at how well he turned out.
Agreed on the "not being involved in DLC speculation." The only thing that catches me off guard is Isaac's situation. I will support K. Rool for DLC, but speculation I will not take part in.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I'm not opposed to Isaac, so I'll join if someone gives me an invite.

I'm a bit bummed that Dixie or Wolf isn't involved but it's not as if Sakurai won't add them if he wants to.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'm not opposed to Isaac, so I'll join if someone gives me an invite.

I'm a bit bummed that Dixie or Wolf isn't involved but it's not as if Sakurai won't add them if he wants to.
I already proposed that we include Dixie, Wolf, Krystal, Ice Climbers, and Lucas in the discussion. Oracle Summon stated that we'll have to vote on that. I think these franchises would do nicely, Underrepresented Franchises and the Big 3, basically.

http://smashboards.com/social-forum...oup-ridley-mewtwo-isaac-and-king-k-rool.1740/

This is the group. I believe if you go there you can request to join.

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
"Sad, to see such rare sorcery go to waste..." -Rubick, from DotA 2 (referring to the source potential that has been seemingly ignored in Ridley, Mewtwo, K. Rool, Dixie, Wolf, Lucas, Ice Climbers, Isaac, Bandana Dee, and Krystal). :/

That's quite the AWOL list, Sakurai.

We all seem to have been met with a terrible fate.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Well guys, it's been a long year for all of us. We've gained not much for the series except for the Kremling's return, but at least we have gotten some acknowledgment for the King itself via his trophy. Even so, it's still disappointing that he didn't make it, and as a fan of his, it does hurt to not see him playable.

Having said that, I'll still always support him. He's a character that I've loved for years and still a character that I would love to see playable the game. Whether or not it's this one via DLC, or the next one, I still want to see that opportunity come to pass, and in whatever way possible, I will continue to show my support. So keep fighting my fellow Kutthroats, not just for Smash, but also for his return to the series, because one day, the king shall rise again!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Agreed on the "not being involved in DLC speculation." The only thing that catches me off guard is Isaac's situation. I will support K. Rool for DLC, but speculation I will not take part in.
The issue with speculation is that at the end of the day, we don't really know how Sakurai thinks nearly as much as we think we do. Of the highly expected characters before E3 2013 (King K. Rool, Dixie Kong, Ridley, Mewtwo, Chrom, Palutena, Takamaru, Little Mac, Isaac, Shulk, Pac-Man), only four of them got in (the community was divided on Mega Man's chances). The roster turned out very different from expectations in both good ways and bad ways.

It's for this reason why I am proposing that we as a community should away from speculation while discussing the possibilities of future games. Discussions regarding characters should revolve more about "why is this character fun?" rather than "X CHARACTER WILL BE IN BECAUSE OF X REASONS!". If this do this, the pre-SSB6 scene will be a lot more fun for everyone involved and will help cut down on drama.

D

Deleted member

I already proposed that we include Dixie, Wolf, Krystal, Ice Climbers, and Lucas in the discussion. Oracle Summon stated that we'll have to vote on that. I think these franchises would do nicely, Underrepresented Franchises and the Big 3, basically.

http://smashboards.com/social-forum...oup-ridley-mewtwo-isaac-and-king-k-rool.1740/

This is the group. I believe if you go there you can request to join.
I would also propose Snake. Remember that he was an extremely popular veteran for Brawl and if we're going to be trying to get veterans to return, we should consider having Snake with us.

Top Bottom