• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Honestly, K. Rool and Dixie being playable in Smash 4 alongside Diddy and DK, Gangplank Galleon and Sunset Shores being new stages, Cranky and Candy as trophies, Kremlings as Smash Run enemies, a rich and historically diverse DKC related soundtrack, and Chunky and maybe Rambi as AT's would be a great way for Nintendo to finally TELL THE WORLD they are bringing Donkey Kong Country to prominence again.

It would also go a long way in restoring fan faith in Nintendo in that regard after the lack of K. Rool and Kremlings in DKC Returns and Tropical Freeze. It also would indicate that the rebooting is finally gonna finally bring back the one missing aspect of the 2 newest DKC games: memorable classic villains.

Edit: Adding Dixie and K. Rool to the roster would mean we have all the key characters in the original DKC trilogy playable. The main character of DKC1 (DK), DKC2 (Diddy), and DKC3 (Dixie), as well as the principle and lead villain in each of the 3 games (K. Rool).

Gosh seeing as how Bowser Jr. got all 7 Koopalings as alternate outfits, I can't imagine Sakurai not having the "3 faces of K. Rool" (sorry from stealing from that from you Mick Foley) each as playable appearances of K. Rool. That would just be such an amazing fan service, which of course we've gotten A TON from Smash 4 so far, with more to come.

Last edited:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Interesting news apparently M2K and some other guys said the current build of Sm4sh they played has a new version of L-canceling in it which is apparently done with Zairing before you hit the ground. Dash dancing is there aswell. What does this mean?

It means Sakurai is listening to the fans. K.Rools chances are looking good

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Interesting news apparently M2K and some other guys said the current build of Sm4sh they played has a new version of L-canceling in it which is apparently done with Zairing before you hit the ground. Dash dancing is there aswell. What does this mean?

It means Sakurai is listening to the fans. K.Rools chances are looking good
Sakurai has been listening to the fans quite a bit. Most of the most requested characters are already in the game. Granted, the #1 and #3 most requested in both Japan and the west are still absent, and the #5 in the west is still absent (referred to on Smashboards as the "Hype 3"), but its interesting to note. Everyone else on that list is confirmed as playable.

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
"Pic of the day. This time, you can challenge every fighter in All-Star Mode from the moment you turn on the game!! This is a survival battle with limited recovery items and no option to continue. However, this mode will be incomplete until you've unlocked every fighter... Until then, you can only play against characters that are already available. This is a picture of the bottom-screen menu, with a padlock indicating that the mode is still incomplete"

K. Rool lives another day!

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Not only does that pic of the day allow K.Rool to live on but Sakurai is clearly telling us there's characters we don't know!

It's clear from past PoTDs that Sakurai is aware of leaks and pays attention! He knows about that leak and decides to show that pic with that description he's laughing right now! He's telling us we dont know the full roster!

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Well, we already knew we didn't know the full roster because the leaks clearly show All-Star is still incomplete. And frankly I think K. Rool is the #2 most likely newcomer at this point in time. (Ridley is #1, considering the fact that this Pic of the Day debunks the one legitimate argument against Ridley, namely that he's not to next to Samus in previous pics).

Either way, I really do think that K. Rool would've been deconfirmed a LONG time ago if he wasn't playable.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Sakurai pls. As many vets back as possible + K. Rool, Dixie, Ridley, Chorus Men/Kids, and, if possible, Isaac pls.

With more characters confirmed to be on the way, we're good.

From the leaker a week ago:

From Sakurai:

Masahiro Sakurai" said:
However, this mode will be incomplete until you've unlocked every fighter... Until then, you can only play against characters that are already available. This is a picture of the bottom-screen menu, with a padlock indicating that the mode is still incomplete.
Again guys, we're more than ALIVE!!!! WE LIVINNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!

Last edited:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Well, we already knew we didn't know the full roster because the leaks clearly show All-Star is still incomplete. And frankly I think K. Rool is the #2 most likely newcomer at this point in time. (Ridley is #1, considering the fact that this Pic of the Day debunks the one legitimate argument against Ridley, namely that he's not to next to Samus in previous pics).

Either way, I really do think that K. Rool would've been deconfirmed a LONG time ago if he wasn't playable.
Well yes and no, the debate about that is that we don't know when that All Star screen was taken in the development process. So some are arguing that the All Star screen lock dosnt mean much for more characters as the leaked CSS could have been a post locked All Star mode. HOWEVER, I'm not in that crowd I think there's more characters I always have.

I'm just saying there are people who believe re All Star screen means nothing but imo this PoTD helps put the debate to rest.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Well yes and no, the debate about that is that we don't know when that All Star screen was taken in the development process. So some are arguing that the All Star screen lock dosnt mean much for more characters as the leaked CSS could have been a post locked All Star mode. HOWEVER, I'm not in that crowd I think there's more characters I always have.

I'm just saying there are people who believe re All Star screen means nothing but imo this PoTD helps put the debate to rest.
Honestly, I think the fact that there's a character missing from the fifth row already debunks that notion.

The Flying Brick

Smash Apprentice
Gah, so little time until the Japanese release... the moment of truth will soon be here, me mateys!

On a slightly related note, I had an idea for a new DK stage. How about a stage modeled after Grassland Groove from Tropical Freeze, with platforms that sway around to the beat of the music? The platforms could go faster or slower depending on the music that's playing.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
In all honesty, I think if anything it'd be this with Chorus Men replaced by Isaac. We don't even know if we're getting "five characters" (although I would say that if we have more characters, 5 is the most likely number. (Naturally I realize I'm in the minority here, but I still think Isaac's chances look quite good. Far better than any Chorus Men.)

Dixie? She could be swapped with Wolf as well, there's nothing to suggest Wolf is actually gone. Its a mixed back for me, really.
Apparently a leaker came out and predicted bowser jr/dark pit/dr. mario before the pictures. He has nothing else new to say, except that Wolf, Ice Climbers, Snake, and Lucas are dead and not coming back.

http://ssb4dojo.com/post/96395236598/rumor-mill-the-fabled-smashboards-leak

If true, this is actually good news for K. Rool, just because there are less characters competing. Of course, it's still terrible those characters are gone. I'm personally upset about Wolf especially.

Unrelated, but I do agree that extreme lack of DK content is waiting for a DK reveal. I would say it heavily points to K. Rool over or alongside Dixie for a big blowout, but the leaks disagree.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
This may still mean something. Does everyone remember that old leaked list of supposed playable characters in a game that was rumored to be called Smash Universe (Smash 3DS/Wii U) ? Well every single character on that list that was leaked out, I believe years ago, has been used in the game in some way. Take a look. Most of the confirmed characters are on there as well as many of the Assist Trophies and Pokéball Pokémon. Others could have just been ideas. Lets hope King K., Ridley, and Mewtwo made it from point A to point B.

Hopefully this means something. :p
Can't read it well, it's a bit too small.

Also, F*CK YEAH SAKURAI! SHOWING THE LEAK WASN'T FINAL!

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
My favourite Kremling is Klump, entirely because of the cartoon.

Kutlass, Kritter and Kludge are honourable mentions.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I'm curious, what will happen to threads like this after Japanese launch assuming confirmation/deconfirmation isn't definitely given? We'll know the roster, but with the marketing theory (more characters will come for Wii U and added to 3DS) floating around will the speculation sections still be open till the Wii U version comes out?

In any case I hope our king's in the initial "batch" so we won't have to worry much longer.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I'm curious, what will happen to threads like this after Japanese launch assuming confirmation/deconfirmation isn't definitely given? We'll know the roster, but with the marketing theory (more characters will come for Wii U and added to 3DS) floating around will the speculation sections still be open till the Wii U version comes out?

In any case I hope our king's in the initial "batch" so we won't have to worry much longer.
Once all star has no padlock we are certain and try DLC

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Playable K.Rool would set everything right with regards to how much DKC has been ****ted on by Sakurai this time. Even IF the DKC stage on the Wii U is Jungle Japes.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
My favorite Kremling, or rather Kremlings, are Kuff n' Klout.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Waiting in Flat Zone 3 untill you unlock him most likely. :gw:

Mr.Game & Watch was always one of the last characters you'd unlock. At least, in Melee.

Pac Man might simply just be a starter though.

Sagashi

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sagashi
I'd prefer the Reporter girl myself. Anyway, my favorite Kremling... I'm gonna be the odd man out and say Zingers if I'm allowed. If not, I guess I'll go with Krunch.

ThatGreenAlien

Smash Rookie
NNID
thatgreenalien
On a slightly related note, I had an idea for a new DK stage. How about a stage modeled after Grassland Groove from Tropical Freeze, with platforms that sway around to the beat of the music? The platforms could go faster or slower depending on the music that's playing.
We all know you only want that stage because of this…

(Just kidding, it would be an awesome stage either way. Fricken’ love that music.

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
I wonder what costume, if any, K. Rool would wear in the next DKC game he appears in.

One idea I've had floating about in my head is K Rool's Kremling Kutthroats leading an attack against DK Island. Only the Kutthroats are now a much larger force, and instead of stealing bananas their only goal is to systematically exterminate all of the Kongs, since they believe that apes are genetically inferior to them. K. Rool's costume this time around would be a large white robe and a pointy hat with eyes cut into it, and his name would be KKKrool; the racist crocodile.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
You know, DKC could be the biggest subliminal message to mankind ever. Someone ever heard of the Reptilian Pact?

Top Bottom