• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Now that I think about it the gear getaway song is the only thing new from the dk franchise
At the moment it certainly looks that way. Unless Chunky turns out to be true.

I also stumbled across this:

Even though K. Rool is just a DK skin here, it sounds so right to have Diddy and him having their DK64 voices.

Last edited:

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
That. Was. AWESOME! :love::love::love::love::love:

K Rool looks soooo right in Smash! And it's just a hack, imagine what they could do if they add him in Sm4sh!

Ok thanks, now I'll be extremely disappointed if K Rool doesn't show up...

Last edited:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion

Even though K. Rool is just a DK skin here, it sounds so right to have Diddy and him having their DK64 voices.
I remember seeing that, the only things I would change about him though is to give him a bigger crown, a golden belly, a tail, a more crocidilian snout that resembles his rare counter part and have him hold the blunderbuss the whole time(I just thought that would look cooler for him for some reason) but still do his other trademark moves. I would defintley keep his voice from DK64 though. Ok, so that's actually pretty much changing everything lol but the video is still cool.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
That is incredibly depressing, to put it softly.
That's half the reason I'm still expecting a fairly sizable reveal with some DK content. Sure we've not always gotten a lot of DK content, but we've always gotten a decent amount and this time so far they've shown nothing off. And I just don't see Sakurai completely screwing over DK like that after the success of the DKCR games. Specifically I'm still expecting a Gangplank Galleon stage to be revealed along side King K. Rool at some point or be hidden in the game at least.

To some extent that's a bit foolish to hope for I guess, but I've been thinking about it and if they were going to go with Dixie Kong as the rep for this game, why not reveal her when they did Little Mac right around Tropical Freeze's release date, or why haven't they shown off a new stage for the Wii U version of the game since apparently all we're getting is Jungle Japes on the 3DS and I have doubts about an entirely new DK stage being left out of both versions of the game. If they showed Gangplank Galleon it'd be too much of a giveaway I feel for his inclusion and thus they've held the stage back and King K. Rool until the end. Or at least that's what I'm going to hope for since it makes sense to me and I've got to find some way to continue supporting the King. I really don't think Sakurai is just going to ignore the DK series this time around, it just doesn't make any sense for him to (Though that doesn't necessarily imply King K. Rool I guess...)

Last edited:
NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
That's half the reason I'm still expecting a fairly sizable reveal with some DK content. Sure we've not always gotten a lot of DK content, but we've always gotten a decent amount and this time so far they've shown nothing off. And I just don't see Sakurai completely screwing over DK like that after the success of the DKCR games. Specifically I'm still expecting a Gangplank Galleon stage to be revealed along side King K. Rool at some point or be hidden in the game at least.

To some extent that's a bit foolish to hope for I guess, but I've been thinking about it and if they were going to go with Dixie Kong as the rep for this game, why not reveal her when they did Little Mac right around Tropical Freeze's release date, or why haven't they shown off a new stage for the Wii U version of the game since apparently all we're getting is Jungle Japes on the 3DS and I have doubts about an entirely new DK stage being left out of both versions of the game. If they showed Gangplank Galleon it'd be too much of a giveaway I feel for his inclusion and thus they've held the stage back and King K. Rool until the end. Or at least that's what I'm going to hope for since it makes sense to me and I've got to find some way to continue supporting the King. I really don't think Sakurai is just going to ignore the DK series this time around, it just doesn't make any sense for him to (Though that doesn't necessarily imply King K. Rool I guess...)
Yeah, I'm pretty sure all of us share that hope.

Holding back on everything DK-related for a major reveal right before launch would be a nice way to say, "Surprise! You thought you had seen the last of me?".

Gangplank Galleon would be too much of a giveaway indeed, but not if you reveal K. Rool first.

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
We have a nice amount of characters yet to be announced, I think it's 5-6? I'm sure one of them is K. Rool, if not, they jumped the shark big time.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
We have a nice amount of characters yet to be announced, I think it's 5-6? I'm sure one of them is K. Rool, if not, they jumped the shark big time.
You can squeeze 5 characters in the leaked roster without changing the size of the slots, so that's probably what we're getting, at least for now.

I'd kill for something like K. Rool, Ridley, Mewtwo, Impa and Isaac.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
I find it really interesting that a majority of the K.Rool fanbase supports Ridley, Mewtwo and Shulk aswell but I find as I read other threads that many of their staunch supporters shoot K.Rool down constantly. It really kind of annoys me.... owell makes it all the better of K.Rool is konfirmed.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
I find it really interesting that a majority of the K.Rool fanbase supports Ridley, Mewtwo and Shulk aswell but I find as I read other threads that many of their staunch supporters shoot K.Rool down constantly. It really kind of annoys me.... owell makes it all the better of K.Rool is konfirmed.
We Kutthroats are more civilized I guess. Also we can support our King without throwing his opponents off.

And apparently we know the true meaning of quality, as we support really great characters overall.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
Sorry, but I'm only loyal to the King. No one else. I wouldn't hesitate to throw Ridley, Mewtwo, and whoever else all into the fire for just K. Rool. Nothing against them personally, it's just that K. Rool is supreme.

Last edited:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I'm finding the lack of DK in general baffling. No new stages, one new soundtrack, and three Smash Run enemies? I know some will already reply with "I'm not surprised" (looking at you @ Xzsmmc Xzsmmc ), but honestly, every new game of Smash had new DK stages with accompanying soundtracks, a few items here and there, plus another character since Brawl.

To have next to nothing this time around, especially given the comeback the DKC series has made since the last installment, simply doesn't add up. But even if there's nothing for the 3DS version, there has to be a new stage on the console version or something.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
I'm finding the lack of DK in general baffling. No new stages, one new soundtrack, and three Smash Run enemies? I know some will already reply with "I'm not surprised" (looking at you @ Xzsmmc Xzsmmc ), but honestly, every new game of Smash had new DK stages with accompanying soundtracks, a few items here and there, plus another character since Brawl.

To have next to nothing this time around, especially given the comeback the DKC series has made since the last installment, simply doesn't add up. But even if there's nothing for the 3DS version, there has to be a new stage on the console version or something.
In Sakurai's mind, Kid Icarus comeback >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Donkey Kong comeback. Even though it's clearly the other way around.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
I see I'm developing a reputation. I swear, it's not on purpose.

Regardless, I think we'll at least get a new DK stage on the Wii U version, though it remains to be seen if it will be an actual locale. Sunset Shore is a popular choice. Then there's Chunkygate to consider.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
You know all those rumors floating around, that say the last five characters that aren't in the leak? And the big 5 in those leaks are Mewtwo, Ridley, Dixie, Chorus Kids, and Impa.
And how with all those leaks, not a single one says K. Rool?

Yeah. I'm on my knees praying those are all BS 4chan lies.

Please Sakurai.
PLEASE. Please give me K. Rool (and also Ridley and Mewtwo). Please. It is he only thing I ask you for (along with Mewtwo and Ridley). If you give me him, I will never ask for another newcomer ever again (except for Mewtwo and Ridley).

Personally, if I were to choose, those five slots left would go to K. Rool, a Zelda Newcomer, Ridley, Mewtwo, Chorus Kids.

Sagashi

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sagashi
I'd give those slots to K. Rool, Vaati, and I don't care who the other 3 are, but I don't want any of them being a gen 1 Pokemon. No offense to Mewtwo and his fans, but we're oversaturated with Gen 1 as-is.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
You know all those rumors floating around, that say the last five characters that aren't in the leak? And the big 5 in those leaks are Mewtwo, Ridley, Dixie, Chorus Kids, and Impa.
And how with all those leaks, not a single one says K. Rool?

Yeah. I'm on my knees praying those are all BS 4chan lies.

Please Sakurai.
PLEASE. Please give me K. Rool (and also Ridley and Mewtwo). Please. It is he only thing I ask you for (along with Mewtwo and Ridley). If you give me him, I will never ask for another newcomer ever again (except for Mewtwo and Ridley).

Personally, if I were to choose, those five slots left would go to K. Rool, a Zelda Newcomer, Ridley, Mewtwo, Chorus Kids.
A few pop up with K.Rool here and there. Honestly I still have my hopes for K.Rool. K.Rool was in a lot of early leaks until the foul mouth leak came and te leaks and rumors thread said that Dixie seems more likely. Ever since then Dixie has been in every leak ever. I feel it's more people catering to that info more than anything I seriously believe no one knows the final characters in that roster. K.Rool is still very possible.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
A few pop up with K.Rool here and there. Honestly I still have my hopes for K.Rool. K.Rool was in a lot of early leaks until the foul mouth leak came and te leaks and rumors thread said that Dixie seems more likely. Ever since then Dixie has been in every leak ever. I feel it's more people catering to that info more than anything I seriously believe no one knows the final characters in that roster. K.Rool is still very possible.
It just makes me nervous.

There are a bunch of different leaks now, that all correspond with eachother and fit together.
And it was the same thing during pre-Brawl times. There were various leaks, when combined, had the full roster.

I'm just worried since K. Rool is in none of these leaks.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
If we can get the big three, I'll have absolutely no complaints about the roster. After that, Sakurai can add as many clones and KI characters as he pleases and I won't bat an eye.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
It just makes me nervous.

There are a bunch of different leaks now, that all correspond with eachother and fit together.
And it was the same thing during pre-Brawl times. There were various leaks, when combined, had the full roster.

I'm just worried since K. Rool is in none of these leaks.
Yea I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried about it too. However text leaks are easy to fabricate, leaks often can match up, people use other leaks to make fake leaks. We won't know till more picture evidence comes in or the Japanese game releases and we see the final roster.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte

Neat~! That hack's mine, actually. :D I'm making an improved one for Pit, with a Kaptain alt.

Last edited:

ArturoLamilla

Smash Cadet
NNID
ArturoWiiU
I think that after the Japanese release we wont know every character, even after the Wii U release. If Nintendo wants to hype up this version K. Rool, Ridley and Mewtwo are the perfect characters selection to sell better at least here in America

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Which is ironic, since K. Rool is one of the most dishonest, cheating, dirty fighting villains in all of Nintendo.
Which is also ironic, because if you ask, err, "credible sources" such as GameFAQs and NeoGAF, DK fans are closed-minded fanatics with no empathy, only caring about their own series while not respecting the fans of other series who are happy with what content they received. Yeah, right.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
So what do you guys think of Lord Fredrik? Do you think he's a good K. Rool substitute or do you just hate him because he's not K. Rool? I actually quite like him. If Retro makes another DKC game, I'd obviously want K. Rool to be the main villain, but if I can't have K. Rool, I'd want Fredrik to return as opposed to having a totally new character be the main villain. If Fredrik does return, I'd welcome him into Smash 5 with open arms.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
So what do you guys think of Lord Fredrik? Do you think he's a good K. Rool substitute or do you just hate him because he's not K. Rool? I actually quite like him. If Retro makes another DKC game, I'd obviously want K. Rool to be the main villain, but if I can't have K. Rool, I'd want Fredrik to return as opposed to having a totally new character be the main villain. If Fredrik does return, I'd welcome him into Smash 5 with open arms.
I like Fredrik too. Way better villain than Tiki Tong, I believe.

And here, guys, I made something:

Attachments

Mistress Nicole

Smash Apprentice
What if he and K. Rool teamed up, Then at the end Rool double-crosses him and steals his weapon?

Justin Little

Smash Ace
If both Ridley and Dixie Kong are playable, I would probably be okay without the King but damn would it sting.

Also, Lord Frederic sucks as a character and very boring to play against. He is one of the reasons why my friend gave DKCTF a 7.5.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Frederick would've been ok if he wasn't a complete knockoff of K. Rool. I did like his boss henchmen though like Smash Master and Scowl.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Not to mention Fredrik has the exact same build, pretty much. Why not just go with Rool from the get-go?

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I wonder how our kremling kampaign is doing, hope it's going well, especially since Grant Kirkhope is on our side.

Last edited:
Top Bottom