• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
The banners have disappears off of the website just in time for SDCC. When the newcomer banners disappear we usually get some characters announced rather quickly.

Hopefully K. Rool!

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
The banners have disappears off of the website just in time for SDCC. When the newcomer banners disappear we usually get some characters announced rather quickly.

Hopefully K. Rool!
Just a question... When is Rhythm Heavens anniversary?
Nevermind, I thought it was this week, thank god it ain't. Our king has hope again.

Last edited:

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
Back at last.

Looks like I've uncovered leaked footage of K. Rool training for Smash.

Great to have ya back, man. That cheered me up.

(I'm very ill at the moment. :(
Everybody PITY ME!!! Give me your love and reassurance so I learn to love life and living agaaaaaaain!!)

OK. It's a sore throat. But it's the bad one that needs penicillin and stuff. I've been slowly dying. And in my delirium I thought you could unlock K. Rool in a Fire Emblem game... (Gimme a break I've been unable to sleep at all. I'm lucky I got 2 hours!)

But on the plus side I just realised I have Vic's Vaporub so it's looking up!

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

Hopefully K. Rool!
inb4 the Nintendo guy just spots Shokio (the real one) and just puts him front-stage, then plays a Trailer revealing Ridley as a Newcomer IN SHOKIO'S FACE.
Or y'know, just a King K. Rool announcement to all ^^

Last edited:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Great to have ya back, man. That cheered me up.

(I'm very ill at the moment. :(
Everybody PITY ME!!! Give me your love and reassurance so I learn to love life and living agaaaaaaain!!)

OK. It's a sore throat. But it's the bad one that needs penicillin and stuff. I've been slowly dying. And in my delirium I thought you could unlock K. Rool in a Fire Emblem game... (Gimme a break I've been unable to sleep at all. I'm lucky I got 2 hours!)

But on the plus side I just realised I have Vic's Vaporub so it's looking up!
Get well soon dude! It would suck if you died.

Kaptain K. Roolenstein

Smash Apprentice
I had a dream that I was able to unlock K. Rool and a few colored Kritters in Mario Kart 8. I had to unlock them by beating them all in a battle mode in Dry Dry Desert. Obviously I woke up when I was at the pick a character screen with the cursor placed on K. Rool. Why is it every time something cool is about to happen in my dreams that's when I wake up? Ah well.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276

Hopefully K. Rool!
Well it would make sense if K. Rool was the next newcomer revealed. There hasn't been that much love for the DK franchise and there has yet to be a Wii U stage for the DK franchise.

Justin Little

Smash Ace
Wow......DK must be the best hero in the universe if his Sidekick qualifies as a better hero than Link
Or Diddy just might be better than DK or at least equal to him. DK has been known to be kidnapped more times than Diddy if you count SSBB storyline (which means Dixie is probably better than both of them). Also Diddy has been playable in more DKC games than DK himself.

Diddy is less of a sidekick than Luigi. He is at least comparable to Falco in terms of side characters if not more so.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Wow......DK must be the best hero in the universe if his Sidekick qualifies as a better hero than Link
Nah, DK's the real hero.
Donkey is just Emotional Support.
This is Diddy Kong Country.

Hexaped

Smash Journeyman
@ Turokman5896 Turokman5896 Thanks to your Kng K. Rool picture, I was motivated to visit this thread for the first time. And you are already here!
Anyway, I wonder how King K. Rool's moveset would be designed, since King K. Rool has multiple options. I also wonder, now that I think about it for the first time, if King K. Rool would be given a human voice or crocodile/alligator voice!

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
@ Turokman5896 Turokman5896 Thanks to your Kng K. Rool picture, I was motivated to visit this thread for the first time. And you are already here!
Anyway, I wonder how King K. Rool's moveset would be designed, since King K. Rool has multiple options. I also wonder, now that I think about it for the first time, if King K. Rool would be given a human voice or crocodile/alligator voice!
I'd really hope that K. Rool wouldn't be 'properly' voiced, like a person or somethin'. Just let him have his laugh (he had a laugh, didn't he?) from DKC or DK64 or whatever with some assorted growls.

unless they got the guy from the tv show to voice him

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
I have no idea about the voice, but I hope it's human! Also, he has so much moveset potential I don't even know where to start!

Hexaped

Smash Journeyman
@ SomewhatMystia SomewhatMystia The only way he will voice King K. Rool is if he is bribed with a coconut-shaped diamond. Anyway, I agree with only having King K. Rool laugh, like Mewtwo. But I'll accept whatever happens (I think).

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
If we get Meta Knight and Bandana Dee at SDCC, then Miahstorm's leak might be real and we'll most very likely be getting K Rool(and I'll get a revamped Lucas)!

Hexaped

Smash Journeyman
@DukeNapoleon I know you posted a long time ago, but thanks for the funny scenario. Also, thanks for teaching me that, if King K. Rool appears in SSB4, it could be considered his re-debut. It could be like a return to the spotlight. He still has a chance to become the villain of DKCR3, though!

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone know at what time exactly the San Diego comic-con tournament stream starts?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
If we get Meta Knight and Bandana Dee at SDCC, then Miahstorm's leak might be real and we'll most very likely be getting K Rool(and I'll get a revamped Lucas)!
I still think people are fighting for the leak to be real too badly. The leak is ok and if it turns out true, great, but I honestly think there's a good chance we'll get both Dixie and K. Rool at this point.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Personally I'm done with leaks. No matter how beneficial they are to me. If I'm gonna disrespect Gematsu, I have to disrespect all of them equally.
They are always fun to read though.

EDIT: Thanks to @ Wiinner159 Wiinner159 I can see its a GameFaQs leak... that page has to generate at least 5 leaks per day.

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Personally I'm done with leaks. No matter how beneficial they are to me. If I'm gonna disrespect Gematsu, I have to disrespect all of them equally.
They are always fun to read though.

EDIT: Thanks to @ Wiinner159 Wiinner159 I can see its a GameFaQs leak... that page has to generate at least 5 leaks per day.
Actually I think it was posted in the leak section of this forum first.

Edit: Right here,

http://smashboards.com/threads/leak.360830/

Last edited:

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
That leak really seems to good to be true. I really doubt we are going to get anything at Comic Con. More likely is that we will finally see Chunky Kong.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I'm copying over the K. Rool-related part:

"His standard special is the K. Rool Cannon. It is a chargeable attack, much like Diddy Kongs peanut gun, the longer the cannon is charged, the faster, farther and more powerful the cannonball is, as well as changing its trajectory from an initial curved path to a straight shot, overcharging the cannon results in the cannon exploding, not only damaging K. Rool but sending him backwards.

His Side Special is his Crownerang, based on his attack in DKC, in which he throws his crown in whatever direction he faces, damaging foes that the Crown touches, should the crown not make contact with another foe, it turns around and returns to K. Rool.

His Down Special is his Captains Stomp, modeled after his attack in DKC, in this iteration he leaps forward with a surprisingly high trajectory and lands with a massive Stomp. Should a foe be caught where he lands it will deal 45% max, making it one of the most powerful attacks in the game.

His up special is the Barrel Rider, in which he enters a barrel like those seen in most DKC games, grants the player a moment to aim as it charges, finally shooting him whatever direction the barrel faces."
The "leak" itself comes across as textbook Smashboards pandering, but the thing is, Miah never would have come back to do this unless I sought him out through a mutual connection after learning he was correct on Chrom for the exact reason Sakurai detailed. I'm not going to get into it here, but based on my knowledge of him and his source, if this turns out fake, he would have had to have impeccable foresight to set up parts of this with multiple other people before I even reached out to him. This is certainly not some piece-of-crap that was s**t onto GameFAQs over the course of an afternoon, gambling on obvious veteran reveals, even though I need to see Bandana Dee to put any actual faith in it whatsoever.

Anyhow, the K. Rool Cannon having a curving trajectory initially matches up with what we were theorizing a few pages back about the Mii Brawler's shot put.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/69698994
Though it seems fake to me, why would they re-include the melee glitches? (wavedashing and L-canceling)
L-Canceling ISN'T a glitch. Wavedashing is, though.

I'm copying over the K. Rool-related part:

The "leak" itself comes across as textbook Smashboards pandering, but the thing is, Miah never would have come back to do this unless I sought him out through a mutual connection after learning he was correct on Chrom for the exact reason Sakurai detailed. I'm not going to get into it here, but based on my knowledge of him and his source, if this turns out fake, he would have had to have impeccable foresight to set up parts of this with multiple other people before I even reached out to him. This is certainly not some piece-of-crap that was s**t onto GameFAQs over the course of an afternoon, gambling on obvious veteran reveals, even though I need to see Bandana Dee to put any actual faith in it whatsoever.

Anyhow, the K. Rool Cannon having a curving trajectory initially matches up with what we were theorizing a few pages back about the Mii Brawler's shot put.
I don't like the Up+Special personally. I'd accept it, but I don't buy that that would be his Up+Special unless the K. Roolenstein Kopter is his double jump (which is possible).

As for the part about Chrom... almost everyone in the Robin thread guessed the exact same thing. Nothing more than speculation.

I want to believe K. Rool has even greater chances, but I REFUSE to follow any leaks, whether it helps characters I like or not. I started to buy the Gematsu leak, then Robin brutally murdered it and Chrom burned its remains to ashes.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I don't like the Up+Special personally. I'd accept it, but I don't buy that that would be his Up+Special unless the K. Roolenstein Kopter is his double jump (which is possible).

As for the part about Chrom... almost everyone in the Robin thread guessed the exact same thing. Nothing more than speculation.

I want to believe K. Rool has even greater chances, but I REFUSE to follow any leaks, whether it helps characters I like or not. I started to buy the Gematsu leak, then Robin brutally murdered it and Chrom burned its remains to ashes.
I think I said this in the thread, but the fact that DKC3 would hypothetically be ignored yet again in Smash lends the tiniest bit of credence in my mind. Aside from, what, two name-drops in the Squitter trophy and in Chronicle, nothing in that game has been in Smash, ever, and I don't expect that to change in this game, even with K. Rool potentially appearing. Brash the Bear will break this trend in SSB6, mark my words.

There's absolutely the chance that he guessed No Chrom (the bits about Lucina and Rayman can be argued), but considering how damn obsessive everyone was over Gematsu right before the reveal, plus how many other fakes did include Chrom, I think it's a noteworthy tidbit. We'll know for sure in just a few days.

Last edited:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Don't leaks with a deadline always end up fake? At least that means they debunk themselves for us I guess. If Bandana Dee does arrive within a few days, we'll get a new Gemastu, though at least the roster would be much more agreeable, what with our king being in it and such.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
So, yeah, K. Rool just barely beat Shulk for title of "Most Wanted" in the Rate Their Chances thread. Kinda funny, really.

Don't leaks with a deadline always end up fake? At least that means they debunk themselves for us I guess. If Bandana Dee does arrive within a few days, we'll get a new Gemastu, though at least the roster would be much more agreeable, what with our king being in it and such.
Its kinda funny. We always immediately killed any and all leaks that had a deadline for a character announcement before, and now we're falling for this one because it has K. Rool on it?

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Who's falling for this? It's inherently untrustworthy, despite its odd fixtures.

Also, there's a world of difference between claiming one of three remaining Brawl starters is coming within two weeks and claiming an out-of-left-field newcomer and a veteran will be shown at a specific event.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Who's falling for this? It's inherently untrustworthy, despite its odd fixtures.

Also, there's a world of difference between claiming one of three remaining Brawl starters is coming within two weeks and claiming an out-of-left-field newcomer and a veteran will be shown at a specific event.
That is true. I'll keep it in mind. Bandana Dee isn't THAT out of left field, he is the most likely fourth Kirby newcomer, I just don't think his chances are great at this point because he's not as iconic as K. Rool or Dixie Kong, if he does get in over one of them (just one, doesn't matter if the other IS in the game) I'd be very annoyed. I also believe even Krystal has a better chance (although her chances aren't much better in my eyes) because she'd be a very easy character to create a moveset for and she's another female.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Its kinda funny. We always immediately killed any and all leaks that had a deadline for a character announcement before, and now we're falling for this one because it has K. Rool on it?
Eh. I don't buy it While I'd be over the moon if it was true, everything just seems too suspicious. Every time a hole is poked in it, the leaker always has an all too convenient story to explain it. Not to mention that if his story is true and a friend of his is still getting information from the devroom, it means we have quite a number of people willing to break a presumed non-disclosure agreement. Finally, according to it, we still have several newcomers. That doesn't sound like 'coming down to the end' to me.

Being correct about Chrom and Lucina certainly raises some eyebrows though. Either he made a hell of a lucky guess, or he got ahold of that magazine interview early.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Eh. I don't buy it While I'd be over the moon if it was true, everything just seems too suspicious. Every time a hole is poked in it, the leaker always has an all too convenient story to explain it. Not to mention that if his story is true and a friend of his is still getting information from the devroom, it means we have quite a number of people willing to break a presumed non-disclosure agreement. Finally, according to it, we still have several newcomers. That doesn't sound like 'coming down to the end' to me.

Being correct about Chrom and Lucina certainly raises some eyebrows though. Either he made a hell of a lucky guess, or he got ahold of that magazine interview early.
We're coming to the end of newcomer videos. It was never stated at all to be the end of newcomers in general. At this point I am convinced K. Rool will get announced before release, though. He's too much of a hype character.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
We're coming to the end of newcomer videos. It was never stated at all to be the end of newcomers in general. At this point I am convinced K. Rool will get announced before release, though. He's too much of a hype character.
I was under the impression that every newcomer would get a video. Wasn't that and that you'd be able to watch them in the game stated at some point?

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I was under the impression that every newcomer would get a video. Wasn't that and that you'd be able to watch them in the game stated at some point?
That was never confirmed. The fact that Sakurai said "newcomer videos" is extremely suspicious, though. You'd think he'd have said "newcomers." Plus, remember, Lucina wasn't planned to be a separate character from the start.

Top Bottom