• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Justice 2, Sept 21st

Captain Smuckers

Smash Journeyman
Alrighty, I hope all of you guys had fun, I know I absolutely had a blast. I think things ran pretty well, especially compared to last time lol. But that's to be expected due to the lack of pools this time around. A lot more people were supposed to come but flaked last minute, which is unfortunate, but things happen so all I can really do is give a huge thanks to everyone that showed up

In particular, major shout outs to Mattdotzeb for all of the help and for kickin ass once again

Of course, tremendous thanks to anyway who commentated, you guys make it a hell of a lot more interesting for the people at home.

Hax for making grand finals amazing and taking a set off of m2k on fod

Tico for providing a tonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn of setups, as well as anyone else who brought some. Bringing set ups makes events sooooooooo much better so thank you guys, we had a bunch yet again.

and lastly, Derek, Eric, Vin and Rob, you guys are amazing

We don't have anything planned just yet in terms of future events, but I can assure you guys that there'll be plenty more justice to come!

Teams: (15 teams)
1. M2K + Hax ($52.50 each)
2. Twebb + Swiftbass ($15.00 each)
3. Slox + Kyle ($7.50 each)
4. Tian + Chaotzeb (Tian + Mattdotzeb)
5. Apex | D1 + Revelations
5. Smokey + Andrewajt62
7. Klit + Spawn
7. Sled + Strawhats
9. NYU Simple + Crazy4Rice
9. Team Best Team (Captain Smuckers + Dirty Deeds)
9. Hectohertz + Young Justice (yo, young justice is like 8. good stuff)
9. CPT$ + Obi Wan Jabroni
13. Doc + Sauce
13. NYU Future + Vino
13. Blackjack + Wildcard

Singles: (32 entrants)
1. M2K ($192) :sheikmelee:
2. Hax($96) :falconmelee: :falconmelee: :falconmelee: :falconmelee: :falconmelee: :falconmelee: :falconmelee: :falconmelee:
3. Swiftbass ($32) :foxmelee: :marthmelee:
4. MDZ (sorry matt D: ) :falcomelee:
5. Twebb :foxmelee:
5. Zoso :marthmelee: :foxmelee:
7. Spawn :sheikmelee:
7. Zanguzen :falcomelee:
9. Crazy4Rice :falcomelee:
9. Phish-it :dkmelee: :ganondorfmelee:
9. Tian :sheikmelee:
9. Slox :falconmelee: :falcomelee: :foxmelee:
13. D1 :foxmelee: :falcomelee:
13. Kyle :sheikmelee:
13. Hectohertz :sheikmelee:
13. Mofo :nessmelee:
17. Captain Smuckers :falconmelee: :pikachumelee:
17. Sir Rocko :sheikmelee:
17. Vino :marthmelee:
17. Darktooth :falcomelee:
17. DWD ?
17. Andrewajt62 :icsmelee:
17. NYU Simple :peachmelee:
17. Blue :jigglypuffmelee:
25. Oscar ?
25. Sled :younglinkmelee: :drmario:
25. NemiakTemp ?
25. Future :foxmelee:
25. Klitt :samusmelee:
25. Dirty Deeds :falconmelee:
25. Smokey :foxmelee:
25. NYU Armo ?

So apparently Tio is like not the best of programs and for some reason decided to dispose of the singles bracket. The results here are actually based off of my memory (which I think is pretty accurate), but if anyone notices something that might be a mistake, please don't hesitate to tell me. Also if you're curious about who beat somebody or anything like that, I'll do my best to let you know.

Edit: Woohoo! Thanks to the help of some others, I was able to recreate the bracket. Once again though, if you notice any anomalies, tell me right away, thanks.

iRobinhoood

Smash Lord
Klitt was at this tourney??? This is a Samus I hadn't seen in person yet. Klitt if you saw me I was the stream guy.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Bracket was lost? That really stinks.

Really great tournament guys. I had a ton of fun and I think everyone else did too.

Next time I hope to break through 4th place. :p

Captain Smuckers

Smash Journeyman
Bracket was lost? That really stinks.

Really great tournament guys. I had a ton of fun and I think everyone else did too.

Next time I hope to break through 4th place. :p
Yeah dude, make dat money lol.

And yeah I really don't understand how it got lost, I saved it like literally every time I touched the computer so it sucks that it's gone anyway :(

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
It could be possible to piece it back together based off the stream and what is remembered by players.

Also shoutout to Zanguzen and his falco. I had the most fun playing him. Wicked glad I finally met him after knowing of him since I started out.

Smokey Huntz

Smash Apprentice
Alrighty, I hope all of you guys had fun, I know I absolutely had a blast. I think things ran pretty well, especially compared to last time lol. But that's to be expected due to the lack of pools this time around. A lot more people were supposed to come but flaked last minute, which is unfortunate, but things happen so all I can really do is give a huge thanks to everyone that showed up

In particular, major shout outs to Mattdotzeb for all of the help and for kickin *** once again

Of course, tremendous thanks to anyway who commentated, you guys make it a hell of a lot more interesting for the people at home.

Hax for making grand finals amazing and taking a set off of m2k on fod

Tico for providing a tonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn of setups, as well as anyone else who brought some. Bringing set ups makes events sooooooooo much better so thank you guys, we had a bunch yet again.

and lastly, Derek, Eric, Vin and Rob, you guys are amazing

We don't have anything planned just yet in terms of future events, but I can assure you guys that there'll be plenty more justice to come!

Teams: (15 teams)
1. M2K + Hax ($52.50 each) Standard day I guess
2. Twebb + Swiftbass ($15.00 each) didn't play you guys so you lucked out this time
3. Slox + Kyle ($7.50 each) Good stuff
4. Tian + Chaotzeb (Tian + Mattdotzeb) lol Chaotzeb
5. Apex | D1 + Revelations didn't actually see you guys play but good stuff on fifth
5. Smokey + Andrewajt62 nobody was ready for that icy fox
7. Klit + Spawn nice stuff on sending us to losers good game had mad fun
7. Sled + Strawhats scrubbbbbsss took you both out by myself with a broken leg
9. NYU Simple + Crazy4Rice happy we didn't play you lol probably woulda went double samus or something
9. Team Best Team (Captain Smuckers + Dirty Deeds) #TeamWorstTeam
9. Hectohertz + Young Justice (yo, young justice is like 8. good stuff) #JUSTICEHERTZ
9. CPT$ + Obi Wan Jabroni Mad fun set with you guys
13. Doc + Sauce didn't play you
13. NYU Future + Vino Damn guys howd you place last you're better than that #BracketCollusion
13. Blackjack + Wildcard Work on your falcon I can see the potential also you guys need to work on not hitting eachother so much otherwise you woulda had us

I'll put up the teams bracket shortly

Singles: (32 entrants)
1. M2K ($192) :sheikmelee: #Injustice Gods Among us
2. Hax($96) :falconmelee: :falconmelee: :falconmelee: :falconmelee: :falconmelee: :falconmelee: :falconmelee: :falconmelee: You'll get him easy next time. Good **** on beating him on FoD too
3. Swiftbass ($32) :foxmelee: :marthmelee: Didn't actually play you in friendlies which makes me super sad but hot stuff on 3rd
4. MDZ (sorry matt D: ) :falcomelee: Yo hurry up and break 4th son #BestFalco
5. Twebb :foxmelee: Soon
5. Zoso :marthmelee: :foxmelee: We're now Berserk buddies
7. Spawn :sheikmelee: Didn't play you other than teams but that sheik was lookin solidified
7. Zanguzen :falcomelee: #ZangZangZang
9. Crazy4Rice :falcomelee: #Collusion
9. Phish-it :dkmelee: :ganondorfmelee: Thatt DK is too good
9. Tian :sheikmelee: Mad fun friendlies
9. Slox :falconmelee: :falcomelee: :foxmelee: Haven't seen you in a minute but looking solid as always
13. D1 :foxmelee: :falcomelee: The return of D soon everyone will be loosing
13. Kyle :sheikmelee: good game as much as i've johned about it you out played me
13. NYU Simple :peachmelee: that mad solid peach almost as good as mine
13. Mofo :nessmelee: always nice to see you man
17. Captain Smuckers :falconmelee: :pikachumelee: Did you play Pika?
17. Sir Rocko :sheikmelee: surprised you placed so low
17. Vino :marthmelee: that Marth is getting way too good imma have to put you back in line
17. Darktooth :falcomelee: you're falco is leaps better than the last time I played it
17. DWD ? ???
17. Andrewajt62 :icsmelee: good **** in teams man your ice climbers are super legit (Almost on par with my amazing icies)
17. Hectohertz :sheikmelee: Nice seeing you Jesse thanks for teaming with my lil bro
17. Blue :jigglypuffmelee: don't think I played you
25. Oscar ? ???
25. Sled :younglinkmelee: :drmario: Scrubs wear scrubs
25. NemiakTemp ? ???
25. Future :foxmelee: Fraud
25. Klitt :samusmelee: surprised you placed here
25. Dirty Deeds :falconmelee: mad fun friendlies maybe one day when TWebb isn't watching you'll beat my falco
25. Smokey :foxmelee: man this bracket was *** #Collusion
25. NYU Armo ? ???

So apparently Tio is like not the best of programs and for some reason decided to dispose of the singles bracket. The results here are actually based off of my memory (which I think is pretty accurate), but if anyone notices something that might be a mistake, please don't hesitate to tell me. Also if you're curious about who beat somebody or anything like that, I'll do my best to let you know.

Captain Smuckers

Smash Journeyman
Oh and I totally forgot. I just wanted to say that the fact that teams only had 2 less players than singles is incredible, I love seeing substantial teams brackets

Zanguzen

Smash Lord
This was a really great tournament - thanks a lot to the TOs and all who helped out in making this run so smoothly. Shoutouts:

MDZ: I was honestly going to say the same thing that you did in your shoutout haha. Both our matches were really really fun - whenever you play anyone it seems like you make the match extra hype. And I love how you always seem to be having fun regardless of how the match is going. Really looking forward to playing you again (after I study your videos and steal all your awesome moves lol).

Mofo: Seeing you again made this tournament automatically worth coming to. I'm really really glad we got to talk again - it's been too long, and you played such a huge role in both developing my game and making Smash an awesome social experience back in the 2005-2006 days. Glad to see your Ness hype it up in that crew battle lol, and yeah I hope I catch you at the next big tournament in our area.

Unknownforce: See my first sentence in the Mofo shoutout. It was great seeing you again and talking to you - you're one of the nicest people I've ever talked to, and our matches continue to be close even after all these years. My only disappointment is that we couldn't revive "Five Point Palm Exploding Heart Technique" and get our revenge from GS2 lol.

Captain Smuckers: It's scary playing you man - one second I'll be up and the next you'll take 2 stocks off me with your crazy momentum. Still a fun challenge though. : P Good games as always, good talking to you, and thanks again for making the tournament so great.

Sled: Nice seeing you again dude. I watched the stream after the tournament, and apparently you play a ton of characters : O. Like I saw your doc in friendlies - glad you didn't go him against me lol. You know so much about this game - I hope we can sit down and play a bunch of friendlies at the next tournament. Sorry we couldn't do it this time. By the time I was done playing friendlies with all these people I hadn't seen in forever, the tournament was done and I was tired. Next time.

Swiftbass: Man it's great seeing you tear up this game after all these years. We had some great games, and I saw your other matches on stream - damn good lol. It was nice talking to you too, and I'm looking forward to seeing you at more tournaments in our area now that I'm back in the scene as well. Congrats on getting 3rd.

D1: You don't know how happy I was seeing you represent NY in that crew battle, and damn did you make your presence known. I honestly hadn't seen your Fox play since 2005-2006 lol, and holy crap was it good. Smart, technical, old-school - I love it. Also, after re-watching stream, I saw you go Falco in one of your matches, and it was sick. I totally forgot you played Falco too. Good stuff man, and great commentary as always.

Mark: Didn't get to play you, but I listened to your commentary, and it was insightful. Also, good stuff in the crew battle. It's a relief being on the same team as you instead of against you lol.

Twebb: Ditto about good job in the crew battle and me being happy that I got to be on the same team as you instead of against.

Hax: Godly as always, and always nice talking to you. Really looking forward to smashfesting it up with you whenever. Thanks for saving us in the crew battle haha.

Zoso: Godamn you're good lol. It was nice seeing you after all these years as well, and really wished we could have gotten more friendlies. You're good with so many characters - definitely hope I can steal some of your Falco skills for next time haha.

Sl0x: I can't remember the last time a Fox was so aggressive that I had to actually stop lasering and just go in to try to win the fight. We had a great set, and it's also cool how you're good with so many characters. Hope to see you next time.

Spawn: Great set man! Your Sheik is really beast. I'm also hoping to play you again next time.

Tian: A shame we couldn't play more. You seem like a really smart and nice person, both in-game and out-of-game lol. I'm flattered you knew who I was before we played, and yeah, definitely hoping to get some more games with you next time.

M2K: Too good as always. : P Thanks for the friendlies and all the useful advice.

Armo: We finally got to play! Those were honestly some of the most fun friendlies I played all day, and it's cool how we sometimes would discuss the match as we play. I'm glad someone could share the pain of getting 3/4-stocked by M2K with me.

Future: It's always great seeing you. Thanks for the friendlies as well. Needed more of your crazy hype yelling haha. You automatically make tournaments more fun just with your presence.

EC SFAT (??): Glad to see you again as well. I was worried when you guys didn't show up at the last local NY/NJ tournament.

Smokey: I keep waiting for you to bust out that Falco in tourny but you never do lol. At No Johns you were going Falco in friendlies and tearing people up. In the worst case you can just #ZangZangZang and it's a free win. Also, thanks for helping run such a smooth tournament.

Sir Rocko: Really scary Sheik dude. Every time I manage to somehow scrape by with a win, I question how I was able to do it. Our games are always so close, and the practice is really good for me (especially in preparation for all those New England Sheiks lol). Thanks for the games as always, and for great tournament hosting. Looking forward to next time.

Phish-it: You're too good with too many characters. Thanks for all the great friendlies, and good stuff in crews as well. Seeing you take off that stock against Sl0x was hype.

Thanks again everyone. Btw, if anyone accidentally picked up a black memory card that didn't belong to them, it's probably mine. : P I think someone may have transferred the card in my cube to another one. If you have that card, it would be awesome if you could please let me know.

Till next time.
- Zang

Captain Smuckers

Smash Journeyman
^among the best shoutouts I've seen lol

It was a lot of fun playin you again zang, you do such an amazing job of shutting me down, it sucks lol. Definitely looking forward to the next time :)

Hax

Smash Champion
lol that reminded me of shoutout posts you'd see in 05/06/07

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
It was nice coming out here. I just came to play friendlies since I don't think Im good to enter singles anymore. Just don't wanna waste my cash to place horrible as usual. I not talk much at this but still had a good time. For those that don't know me, I was the Peach player with the fedora hat on. I'll come out to another one of these again since its not that far from me.

andrewajt62

Smash Journeyman
Was a lot of fun. Did not expect Wobbling to be so useful in teams! Most people freaked out and either got KO'ed or took a lot of damage when trying to save their teammate.

Smokey: Almost on par? Haha, remember I beat you 3-1 in our IC money match. Your knowledge, of the character definitely made a big difference in teams, so I'm looking forward to teaming with you again soon!

Vino

Smash Cadet
Thanks for the shout out Zang! My tag is vino but Crazy4Rice started calling me that and now it stuck. I wanted to play you in friendlies but never got the chance, next time! It's hard to find rides though :p

Smoky, nah my marth can't be contained soon!

Smokey Huntz

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the shout out Zang! My tag is vino but Crazy4Rice started calling me that and now it stuck. I wanted to play you in friendlies but never got the chance, next time! It's hard to find rides though :p

Smoky, nah my marth can't be contained soon!

Imma put you back into your place I was about to make that 4 stock comeback before Alex kicked me off

Vino

Smash Cadet
Imma put you back into your place I was about to make that 4 stock comeback before Alex kicked me off
Let's goooo :D Are people going to D.D.O.S. this friday? I think it's the last northeast September tournament.

unknownforce

Smash Lord
This was a great event! I really enjoyed seeing all of the old school smashers I haven't seen since 2006 (Zang, D1, Mew2king). I've got to give Zang a special shoutout since you're still one of my favorite smashers and an all around great person. I never would have anticipated we would be playing against each other again almost 8 years after MLG NYC, and yes, it is unfortunate we never got to revive our amazing team from the GS2 days haha. I wish all of you guys the best with everything since it will probably be a long time since I see any of you again (although who knows, maybe I'll end up in the area when I'm completing my internship and postdoc).

It was also very nice to meet some of the newer smashers and get to know the NE players a bit better (especially everyone who came with me and made the trip so enjoyable!) Slox, it was a lot of fun teaming with you!

If I gave everyone individual shoutouts I'd be writing this for a long time, so I'll keep things simple and thank Vin, Smuckers, and Smokey for running everything so smoothly. I was worried the event was going to go until at least 12, but everything finished by 8, which was amazing. The venue also worked out quite well and seemed capable of fitting a lot of players. I highly recommend people attend Justice 3 when it takes place!

As per usual, school and work are getting way too demanding, so I doubt I'll be able to make another event until the summer of 2014. In the meantime, I hope to see the smash community continue to thrive.

Smokey Huntz

Smash Apprentice
This was a really great tournament - thanks a lot to the TOs and all who helped out in making this run so smoothly. Shoutouts:

MDZ: I was honestly going to say the same thing that you did in your shoutout haha. Both our matches were really really fun - whenever you play anyone it seems like you make the match extra hype. And I love how you always seem to be having fun regardless of how the match is going. Really looking forward to playing you again (after I study your videos and steal all your awesome moves lol).

Mofo: Seeing you again made this tournament automatically worth coming to. I'm really really glad we got to talk again - it's been too long, and you played such a huge role in both developing my game and making Smash an awesome social experience back in the 2005-2006 days. Glad to see your Ness hype it up in that crew battle lol, and yeah I hope I catch you at the next big tournament in our area.

Unknownforce: See my first sentence in the Mofo shoutout. It was great seeing you again and talking to you - you're one of the nicest people I've ever talked to, and our matches continue to be close even after all these years. My only disappointment is that we couldn't revive "Five Point Palm Exploding Heart Technique" and get our revenge from GS2 lol.

Captain Smuckers: It's scary playing you man - one second I'll be up and the next you'll take 2 stocks off me with your crazy momentum. Still a fun challenge though. : P Good games as always, good talking to you, and thanks again for making the tournament so great.

Sled: Nice seeing you again dude. I watched the stream after the tournament, and apparently you play a ton of characters : O. Like I saw your doc in friendlies - glad you didn't go him against me lol. You know so much about this game - I hope we can sit down and play a bunch of friendlies at the next tournament. Sorry we couldn't do it this time. By the time I was done playing friendlies with all these people I hadn't seen in forever, the tournament was done and I was tired. Next time.

Swiftbass: Man it's great seeing you tear up this game after all these years. We had some great games, and I saw your other matches on stream - damn good lol. It was nice talking to you too, and I'm looking forward to seeing you at more tournaments in our area now that I'm back in the scene as well. Congrats on getting 3rd.

D1: You don't know how happy I was seeing you represent NY in that crew battle, and damn did you make your presence known. I honestly hadn't seen your Fox play since 2005-2006 lol, and holy crap was it good. Smart, technical, old-school - I love it. Also, after re-watching stream, I saw you go Falco in one of your matches, and it was sick. I totally forgot you played Falco too. Good stuff man, and great commentary as always.

Mark: Didn't get to play you, but I listened to your commentary, and it was insightful. Also, good stuff in the crew battle. It's a relief being on the same team as you instead of against you lol.

Twebb: Ditto about good job in the crew battle and me being happy that I got to be on the same team as you instead of against.

Hax: Godly as always, and always nice talking to you. Really looking forward to smashfesting it up with you whenever. Thanks for saving us in the crew battle haha.

Zoso: Godamn you're good lol. It was nice seeing you after all these years as well, and really wished we could have gotten more friendlies. You're good with so many characters - definitely hope I can steal some of your Falco skills for next time haha.

Sl0x: I can't remember the last time a Fox was so aggressive that I had to actually stop lasering and just go in to try to win the fight. We had a great set, and it's also cool how you're good with so many characters. Hope to see you next time.

Spawn: Great set man! Your Sheik is really beast. I'm also hoping to play you again next time.

Tian: A shame we couldn't play more. You seem like a really smart and nice person, both in-game and out-of-game lol. I'm flattered you knew who I was before we played, and yeah, definitely hoping to get some more games with you next time.

M2K: Too good as always. : P Thanks for the friendlies and all the useful advice.

Armo: We finally got to play! Those were honestly some of the most fun friendlies I played all day, and it's cool how we sometimes would discuss the match as we play. I'm glad someone could share the pain of getting 3/4-stocked by M2K with me.

Future: It's always great seeing you. Thanks for the friendlies as well. Needed more of your crazy hype yelling haha. You automatically make tournaments more fun just with your presence.

EC SFAT (??): Glad to see you again as well. I was worried when you guys didn't show up at the last local NY/NJ tournament.

Smokey: I keep waiting for you to bust out that Falco in tourny but you never do lol. At No Johns you were going Falco in friendlies and tearing people up. In the worst case you can just #ZangZangZang and it's a free win. Also, thanks for helping run such a smooth tournament.

Sir Rocko: Really scary Sheik dude. Every time I manage to somehow scrape by with a win, I question how I was able to do it. Our games are always so close, and the practice is really good for me (especially in preparation for all those New England Sheiks lol). Thanks for the games as always, and for great tournament hosting. Looking forward to next time.

Phish-it: You're too good with too many characters. Thanks for all the great friendlies, and good stuff in crews as well. Seeing you take off that stock against Sl0x was hype.

Thanks again everyone. Btw, if anyone accidentally picked up a black memory card that didn't belong to them, it's probably mine. : P I think someone may have transferred the card in my cube to another one. If you have that card, it would be awesome if you could please let me know.

Till next time.
- Zang

Till next time.
- Zang
Yo idk why but my phone wasn't letting me quote this earlier but thanks zang this was crazy inspirational lol. Bout to bring my falco back to the game just cuz you said so.

Top Bottom