• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Just some minor issues I've found

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tainted ZGS

Smash Rookie
Tainted ZGS here,

So while playing for the past day and a half-ish, I've found a number of small weird things that shouldn't have happened but only 2 were worth noting here.

1: Falco's forward smash no longer holds priority over a getup attack or ledge attack. I do not know if this was edited on purpose, but before 3.5 it always followed through the getup attack or ledge attack if timed right.

2: (AI problem) so while fighting many level 9 computers to see who all got adjusted and how and how the difficulty was changed, I noticed that most of the heavy/fast falling characters would sometimes randomly drop down from the ledge and kill themself instead of recover. This really grinds my gears because I do want a real match. Though this seems to be every few matches. And I haven't fought many light/floaty characters to see if they do it too, but most fast falling/heavy characters do it.

On another note, but this may just be my own fault, I can't seem to lower Falco's laser after a short hop at all. Or at least low enough to cause a reset, no matter how late I time it, it just doesn't seem to change height or come out low enough. If this could be looked into to see if it's a mechanical flaw or a flaw of mine, that'd be much appreciated, thank you.

-Tainted

Last edited:

Narpas_sword

1:
-Slip attacks (get-up attacks performed after being tripped) invincibility made to last up until the first hitbox terminates. Frame 21 from 8 globally.

You need to learn the new timing.
I'm guessing some characters have had adjustments to ledge attacks too. you'll need to do your own research, use debug mode to see intangible frames.

2:
AI Problems are mostly known, theyre going to SD, you'll just have to get used to it. if you want a 'real match' then give them more stock.
It's not like real people don't SD though =p

3: afaik Falco can still SHL just fine, my flatmate was doing it last night.

Next time you wish to log a bug, please do some research before hitting the make thread button.

Tainted ZGS

Smash Rookie
1:
-Slip attacks (get-up attacks performed after being tripped) invincibility made to last up until the first hitbox terminates. Frame 21 from 8 globally.

You need to learn the new timing.
I'm guessing some characters have had adjustments to ledge attacks too. you'll need to do your own research, use debug mode to see intangible frames.

2:
AI Problems are mostly known, theyre going to SD, you'll just have to get used to it. if you want a 'real match' then give them more stock.
It's not like real people don't SD though =p

3: afaik Falco can still SHL just fine, my flatmate was doing it last night.

Next time you wish to log a bug, please do some research before hitting the make thread button.
1: I've done all sorts of timing and not found any correct timing.
2: Yes I would figure that AI problems were known, yet it didn't mean I couldn't post it as an issue I've found plus just with what I seen on them. And yea real people sd here and there but rarely lol.
3: I was just wondering about that, I could not seem to time it low enough to get a reset.

As far as research goes. 3.5 is still semi new and not all kinks have been figured out obviously or people would not still be posting in this forums. Let alone, the relations to posting a thread in this forums was to know the kinks that have already been known for sure. I did read those. Although I did perform many tests with ledge attacks vs fsmash, as far as research goes, that theory would be invalid at this point as I researched all I could, then posted the issues accordingly. Sorry for the inconvenience, but that is what this place is for. Anyhow sorry for rambling, thanks for the reply.

Kally Wally

Smash Ace
As for SHL, landing detection has changed (yet again) since the previous version. I know this affects wavedashing/wavelanding, and I wouldn't be surprised if it also resulted in different SHL timings.

Narpas_sword

1: I've done all sorts of timing and not found any correct timing.
2: Yes I would figure that AI problems were known, yet it didn't mean I couldn't post it as an issue I've found plus just with what I seen on them. And yea real people sd here and there but rarely lol.
3: I was just wondering about that, I could not seem to time it low enough to get a reset.

As far as research goes. 3.5 is still semi new and not all kinks have been figured out obviously or people would not still be posting in this forums. Let alone, the relations to posting a thread in this forums was to know the kinks that have already been known for sure. I did read those. Although I did perform many tests with ledge attacks vs fsmash, as far as research goes, that theory would be invalid at this point as I researched all I could, then posted the issues accordingly. Sorry for the inconvenience, but that is what this place is for. Anyhow sorry for rambling, thanks for the reply.
1: I suggest turning on hitboxes to learn the timing for get up and ledge attack invulnerability.
This is not a bug.

2: If a bug is known, you shouldn't post it as an issue you've found. It's known and has been logges as a bug.
Having duplicate bug reports makes the PMDTs job harder. We want them having to spend the least amount of time possible sorting through bug reports.

3: Is practice, again, not a bug.

It's nothing personal bud, it's just not a necessary topic.
This forums is for Bug reporting, if you need help with your character post in your character forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom