• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Just an Idea...

JemTheScrub101

Smash Cadet
Any chance it's possible to time an L-Cancel in a way that it only halves one of the climbers ending lag? e.g - SH Bair (6 frame difference) (L-Cancel only Popo/Nana) and then Desynch the two during the lag?
This was just a weird thought that came across my mind, any information or answers would be awesome.

Cervidae

Smash Apprentice
Yes, is possible to L-Cancel with Popo only. One of my favorite desyncs is short hop retreating forward air that only cancels with Popo. The timing isn't too strict, but it does take a little practice to get it consistently (I still can't do it 100% of the time, haha).

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
yeah its a solid desync option. it's easiest with fair since it has the most endlag out of all your aerials.
you can also just straight desync from an empty short hop fast fall by jumping quickly with popo while nana is in the landing animation.

OddishGuy

Smash Journeyman
Kind of late to the party here, but is there a way to force Nana to miss the L-cancel? Or is there a specific timing (You L cancel as early or late as possible?)

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
Kind of late to the party here, but is there a way to force Nana to miss the L-cancel? Or is there a specific timing (You L cancel as early or late as possible?)
yes. you just do it earlier so only popo l-cancels. you also could do it so that only nana L-cancels, but it's a lot harder, and I don't know if you have enough of a frame window to actually initiate a desync from it.

but yeah, Fair (L-cancel) desyncs are very good and very underused. Along with ftilt guard.

OddishGuy

Smash Journeyman
yes. you just do it earlier so only popo l-cancels. you also could do it so that only nana L-cancels, but it's a lot harder, and I don't know if you have enough of a frame window to actually initiate a desync from it.

but yeah, Fair (L-cancel) desyncs are very good and very underused. Along with ftilt guard.
Ftilt guard is probably my favorite desync ATM, but this would easily take the cake for me :D
So since Nana has a 6 frame delay and the L-cancel range is 7 frames, is this a 1 frame window? Is the Solo Popo L-cancel any longer/shorter than the solo Nana?

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
Ftilt guard is probably my favorite desync ATM, but this would easily take the cake for me :D
So since Nana has a 6 frame delay and the L-cancel range is 7 frames, is this a 1 frame window? Is the Solo Popo L-cancel any longer/shorter than the solo Nana?
yeah you have a 1 frame window for nana to act first.
with popo you just input the L-cancel early, that way nana misses it, so you can just act sooner with popo and shoot an iceblock or something.

Top Bottom