• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North GameOn Smash 4 #7

GameOn Smash 4 #7
Posted by Leoinu
Looking for Group Pittsburgh - LFG
Sunday, August 14, 2016 - 12:00 PM
Until: Sunday, August 14, 2016 - 08:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/New_York)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/New_York

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Leoinu

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Leoinus
GameOn is back for its 7th event, at a new venue with a much better location closer to many attendees! Many more food places close by, much larger venue, a boat load of comfy areas to relax at, along with an amazing stream setup/room! Set in the Pittsburgh Pennsylvania area, 10 minutes just outside the city!

We hope to for this to be our largest event yet at GameOn.

More information is at http://gameonpartyplanners.com/super-smash

Also check out the venues Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/lfgpgh/?fref=ts

Be sure to check in at the main event page here! https://www.facebook.com/events/1565228690445386/

Also a few pictures here of the incredible venue we are so fortunate to have! : http://imgur.com/a/R095j

The event will also be streamed! Using the venues professional recording studio no less! As our stream host, I'm in love with this room. Find us at https://www.twitch.tv/pghneohsm4sh

Doors Open: 12 AM
Registration Begins: 12 AM
Doubles begins: 1:30 PM
Singles begins: 3:00 PM
Pricing:
Spectators are welcome!
$10 Venue fee per person
Singles: $5 Per Player
Doubles: $10 per team

Setups: We have plenty of monitors, all you need to bring if you're brining a setup is
GC Adapter
Wii U
Game + Legal DLC

- 2 Stock Singles, 3 Stock Doubles
- 6 minute stock timer (8 for Doubles)
- Team attack is turned ON for Doubles
- No Items
- If the timer runs out, the winner is determined first by stock and then by percentage. If there is a tie, see the tiebreaker section to follow.
- BYOC (Bring your own controller).
- Any controller malfunction mid match is on you. If you need to reset, your opponent will have to agree to a reset as doing so will require you to pause the match. (if pause is on).
- Stalling is banned. You know what this is, ask if you're unsure.
- If you freeze the game on an action initiated by your character, you lose the game. You are expected to know the boundaries of your character. (This rarely, if ever, happens.)
- Pause is recommended to be turned on for quick resets, but players can request it be turned off for the duration of their match.
- If a player pauses the match mid game (accidentally or intentionally), it is a stock loss to the player who pressed it (unless for valid interruption at T.O's discretion).
- For a match ending in sudden death, please refer to the tie break section of the rules below.
- Coaching mid-match is banned.
- You cannot re-select a stage you have won on as a counterpick.
- Any and all infinites (basically, where someone can control the opponent without them being able to do anything about it) must end at 300%, otherwise it becomes stalling. All infinites are entirely legal otherwise.
- ALL sets are best 2 of 3 games except for top 8 games which will be best of 5
- 2 stage ban on your opponents counterpick
- Custom moves/equipment are banned.
- Gamecube controllers are highly recommended, as wireless options can cause interference issues with setups. If you're using a wireless controller option, please make sure you aren't sync'd up to a setup you are not currently playing on.
- Default Mii with 1-1-1-1 are legal for tournament play.
- ALL DLC characters (including Corrin and Bayonetta!!) are all legal in tournament play. All consoles must contain these characters.

-Once Losers, Winners and Grand finals occurs, players will only get 1 stage ban as their counter pick.
Set Procedure:
1. Character selection
2. Stage strike rules. First match is played on one of the five starter stages. First player strikes one stage. Second player strikes two stages. First player strikes one more stage and the stage remaining is where game one takes place. These strikes only effect game one and are available for games two and three.
3. Play Game one
4. Winning player announces the two stages he/she bans.
5. Loser of previous match announces next match's stage from the legal stages left.
6. Winner of previous match chooses character
7. Loser of previous match chooses character
8. Play next game
9. Rinse and repeat 4-8 if set goes to a third game.

- Smash for Wii U Starter Stages
Smashville
Battlefield
Final Destination
Town and City
Lylat Cruise

- Smash for Wii U Counterpick Stages (2 stage bans)
Umbra Clock Tower
Duck Hunt
Dreamland 64
Miiverse *
Omega stages *

Stage similarity issues:
Certain stages are deemed to be too similar to each other to warrant their own seperate bans. The following stages will be banned as well when their corresponding stage is banned
*Note: If Battlefield is banned in the stage selection process, Miiverse is also banned
*Note: If Final Destination is banned in the stage selection process, all Omegas are banned as well.
Tie Breaking:
Note: Tiebreaking is only initiated if the game started a sudden death round upon completion. Otherwise, the game declared winner is the winner of the match.
1. Winner is determined by highest stock count then lowest percent. If the % were tied or the match ended in a simultaneous death, proceed to step 2.
2. 1 stock, 3 minute match is played as a tiebreaker match. The winner of this match wins the round. If there is a tie in this match, proceed to step 3.
3. A second 1 stock, no time limit match is played. If a simultaneous death is initiated (such as swallocide) in this match, the initiator loses the match. There is no tie for this match, it is play until you win.

Leoinu

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Leoinus
Quick bump for the event this Sunday, hoping to see our normal Pittsburgh scene along with some new faces!

Last edited:

Leoinu

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Leoinus
A few things! First is our challonge page with the results! Second is that we have our next event planned. Same venue June 5th!

Leoinu

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Leoinus
Hey, I haven't been able to make it to one of these yet, but I might be open for this one. The Facebook event page link isn't working for me, though. Is the link up to date?

I'd love to attend this, but I just want to make sure I have all the details right first. Thanks!
Ah, I forgot to update it. I'm horrible at this. Updating it now.

Top Bottom