• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Jun 5, 2014] Santa Clarita Project M/Melee tournamaent (Newhall, CA)

Your local Hipster

Smash Apprentice
Place: Brave new world comic
Address: 22722 Lon's ave#6
Time : 12:00pm (afternoon)
Date: June 5th, 2014
Entry fee: $10.00
Misc: money pot for Top 3 players!!!
City: Valencia,CA 91321
Hey there all you smash fans! My name is Justin and do I have news for you, I went and visitedy local comic book shop and asked about hosting tournaments for Super Smash bros. Melee and Super Smash bros. Project M and it has come to my attention that I AM ALLOWED TO HAVE TOURNAMENTS!!!! So for all those people that want to test there skills or just come for fun this is the tournament for you!!! Entry fee is $10.00. So if you live in the greater LA area or in or near Santa Clarita please come join us!! This is the first tournament I'm hosting! If we get enough people the comic book shop will add us to ther gamin roster permanently! PLEASE BRING TV AND WII/GAMECUBES WITH A COPY OF SUPER SMASH BROS MELEE AND OF SUPER SMASH BROS BRAWL WITH PROJECT M SD CARD please email me to confirm justinderrell@gmail.com

Last edited:

Rickety

Peace and Love
Sure, I'll double-check!

Thanks for putting all this effort into making this happen!

I used to host tournaments in San Diego,
and if I'm able to make to make it to this one and
you need any kind of assistance in running things,
let me know, and I'll be happy to help! :]

MistFist

Smash Cadet
My friend is gonna take us there if he comes out of his class in time... cant wait :) oh and btw is it just singles or doubles too?

Your local Hipster

Smash Apprentice
@ MistFist MistFist well for now it's just singles but if we get enough people I will do doubles right now we have 16 people coming so if we can get 20 then I'll do doubles

Smish

Smash Rookie
Why do we need 20 to do doubles? Not all 20 will enter doubles anyway. More singles entrants doesn't necessarily mean more doubles entrants. There should be doubles no matter what.

Last edited:

Your local Hipster

Smash Apprentice
@ MistFist MistFist we have 16 people but this guy at my job said that this guy cam in and said he wanted to come and that he was brining like 4 friends. So possible 21

Chaos Draka

Smash Rookie
I will bring my memory card, since my friend MistFist doesn't have game and watch. Also do you need a tv?

Your local Hipster

Smash Apprentice
@ Smish Smish @ MistFist MistFist @ Kitsune91 Kitsune91 @ Chaos Draka Chaos Draka

Hey guys this is justin just letting you know that the smash tournament maybe cancelled!!!!! Apparently there was some mis understanding about the tournament so right now it's on standby hopefully the spirit of the smash community will rise the email for the comic book shop isportlyn@bravenewworldcomics.commaybe if we express our love for the game we can hopefully pull threw and make this happen!!! Let's go smash community!!!

Sent from my iPhone

MistFist

Smash Cadet
@ Smish Smish @ MistFist MistFist @ Kitsune91 Kitsune91 @ Chaos Draka Chaos Draka

Hey guys this is justin just letting you know that the smash tournament maybe cancelled!!!!! Apparently there was some mis understanding about the tournament so right now it's on standby hopefully the spirit of the smash community will rise the email for the comic book shop isportlyn@bravenewworldcomics.commaybe if we express our love for the game we can hopefully pull threw and make this happen!!! Let's go smash community!!!

Sent from my iPhone
i just sent my extremely amazing email to the shop... THERE ISNT "YOU CANT" IN SMASH!!! cmon people do some sort of spirit bomb email style lol lets get this event on the move!!! and @ Your local Hipster Your local Hipster , your the man for trying so hard to make this happen bro thanks so much even if it doesnt pay off

Your local Hipster

Smash Apprentice
Dude thanks @ MistFist MistFist your right there is no you can't in smash we really need everyone to lend some of there energy and give us a spirit bomb email!!! So we can get this show on the road!!!

Kitsune91

Lone Smasher
3DS FC
4270-1611-3292
i just sent my extremely amazing email to the shop... THERE ISNT "YOU CANT" IN SMASH!!! cmon people do some sort of spirit bomb email style lol lets get this event on the move!!! and @ Your local Hipster Your local Hipster , your the man for trying so hard to make this happen bro thanks so much even if it doesnt pay off
Could you PM me a copy of your E-mail? I'd like to see how you worded it because I was just going to e-mail them saying "I can have smash bros plox?"

MistFist

Smash Cadet
Could you PM me a copy of your E-mail? I'd like to see how you worded it because I was just going to e-mail them saying "I can have smash bros plox?"
This is what i sent:
Hey MistFist here,

I do not know the current status of the super smash brothers melee tournament hosted at your establishment, but personally i think the smash community of Santa Clarita needs this not only as a way to just play the game and have fun, but to meet new people and hopefully making lifetime friendships. I really hope this tournament happens for us since we have not really had a place where to play and show our skills with other players. This game for me personally is a way of making new friends. For example my friend Limeslice and I met at summer school just talking about smash and how a great game it was. We have been playing ever since (and i am still figuring out a way to beat his link) and we have so much fun playing together. I could consider him as one of if not my best friend not only in the game but in my life as well. Good players come and go, but friendships last forever.

Sincerely, MistFist
P.S: if there is anything i can do to help for this tournament to happen, i will be glad to help :)

Kitsune91

Lone Smasher
3DS FC
4270-1611-3292
Very nicely put. If the tournament doesn't end up happening I would be down to drive down to Valencia if someone wants to host a smash fest at their house or something for a weekend. I say that because I doubt anyone would want to come to Bakersfield for one if I was to set something up.

MistFist

Smash Cadet
i would be happy to set something up :) is a matter of asking my parents (is their house after all) it just would be like a day to just play smash like tournament no nothing just... play and have fun i guess :) thats a good idea tho thats really nice. ill let you guys know more about this matter asap but for now lets focus on this tournament and try to make it happen and if not, we can figure out what we can do

Top Bottom