• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic South Steel City Smashdown 1

Steel City Smashdown 1
Posted by HalfMeta
Youth House at Oak Mountain Presbyterian Church
Friday, July 29, 2016 - 10:00 AM
Until: Friday, July 29, 2016 - 06:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/Chicago)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/Chicago

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

HalfMeta

Smash Rookie
A weekly Smash Bros. tournaments for Melee and Wii U. YOU MUST BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER. It takes place every friday at 5080 Cahaba Valley Trce, Birmingham, AL 35242, but specifically at the Youth House.

We will be featuring Sm4sh and Melee. The venue is Oak Mountain Presbyterian Church( 5080 Cahaba Valley Trce, Birmingham, AL 35242), but more specifically the Youth House. There will be signs directing you once you go through the entrances.

Prices:
$5 for each singles tournament
$10 for each double's team

Money will be split 60/30/10 among the top 3, and the bracket for an event with 5 or less people will be round robin.
Schedule:

10AM- Doors open and registration begins
11AM- Sm4sh Doubles/ Melee Doubles
12:30PM- Lunch Break
1:30PM- Resume Tournament
2:00PM- Begin Sm4sh Singles/ Melee Singles

You can sign up 15 minutes before an event begins.

There is food about 10-15 minutes away.

Rulesets:
Sm4sh: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HPEQgaHeNpFGfLs3O9MrXD7uakG_og0osfu0FfOvkMo/edit?usp=sharing
Melee: https://docs.google.com/document/d/10jIhRzLXPYdxaxabicx4LC-NDrptWv3VKNgap2lD0cs/edit?usp=sharing

Games will be best 2 out of 3 except for in Winner’s Finals, Loser’s Finals, and Grand Finals. Those will be best 3 out of 5.

La Flarb

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
LAF#966
hey im so exicet definately going to show

Ill beat yall with Ice cli,bers and Fox 20xxx

BeefStew

SCRUB LIFE
NNID
Dunsi
3DS FC
2380-4273-6854
For a brand new tournament, this was very well run. I will for sure return to destroy in melee:yeahboi:

WingsofDeath

Smash Rookie
Dude i didn't know Birmingham had weekly tournaments. Now ill make more f an effort to try to get my parents to take me to them since prizes are involved.

Fields

Smash Rookie
Made you a poster!
Perfectly sized for a standard piece of paper. Let me know if you want changes.
Here is a link if the embedded picture above doesn't work:
http://i.cubeupload.com/z2h42l.jpg
Sorry it takes a bit to load, it has to be big to look good on a piece of paper.

Last edited:

HalfMeta

Smash Rookie
Hey, I left a gamepad and charger at the venue. Anybody find one?
I didn't find one, but I'll see if I picked up an extra one by accident and I'll ask the venue if they found one. I'm gonna post around also to see if anyone else has any ideas of where it may be.

Resdan

Smash Rookie
NNID
Resdan83
If it's where I think it was then it should be in the right corner of the room Smash 4 was in.

HalfMeta

Smash Rookie
If it's where I think it was then it should be in the right corner of the room Smash 4 was in.
The venue has it. Do you need it soon? We could meet up sometime this week, and I could get it to you, or we could just wait until this Friday. Whatever works best for you.

Munchystamp

Smash Apprentice
My friend lives 10 minutes from the location and I'm visiting him on a friday in a few weeks.. I might enter to play in the Sm4sh event. I have severe social anxiety though, so I dunno if I'll make it throughthe doors haha

Harryson9

Smash Rookie
I might be able to start coming to this sometime soon as long as it continues. Anyone have any idea how many people go?

HalfMeta

Smash Rookie
I think the most we had was 20ish, but we normally have 10-15 people for sm4sh. Reminder, there is no tournament tomorrow.

ParadiseSSB

Smash Rookie
NNID
hunterb9991
3DS FC
2938-7556-1490
I was just wondering if a couple of guys four hours away from MS could attend... This is the closest thing to us and think it'd be worth the drive lol.

Harryson9

Smash Rookie
I'm going to try to make it for Smash 4. I'm not really interested in doubles so would there be a setup for casual/friendly matches in the mean time?

HalfMeta

Smash Rookie
Last Friday was the final Steel City Smashdown because I am busy this upcoming Friday, and then school starts. I will need to focus on school and on finishing my eagle in Scouts. I just wanted to thank everyone who came out to help and participate. It’s been really fun hosting these, and just getting to see how great of a community Alabama has. Everyone I met was really friendly and helpful. I really enjoyed this summer, and I hope that I can still make it to other events throughout the school year. Thanks.

Top Bottom