• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(Jun 28 2014 - Toronto) Flaoc 2: The Maddening - Singles/Amateurs/Pools/Dubs/Side event Results

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Rankings for pro bracket: http://smashboards.com/rankings/flaoc-2-singles.1425/event

Hey guys! All 3 backups of the bracket file I was using got corrupted! So I remade them using remnants of the corrupted file and verified them with the Smashboards ranking system! Enjoy!

33 singles entrants, 16 doubles teams, 6 entrants for the side event (WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!!?! 64 LIVIN)

Major upsets happened

VODs will be uploaded to CanadaSmash on Youtube within the next week most likely

original thread http://smashboards.com/threads/jun-...flaoc-aint-2-the-maddening-toronto-on.353043/

plz tell me any characters you know that are missing

Singles Bracket
Expand to see bracket image

1. YBOMBB :jigglypuff64: :dk64: :yoshi64:
2. Revan :kirby64:
3. Sextc IXI :fox64: :dk64:
4. Snorlax :kirby64: :jigglypuff64:
5. Unreal :falcon64: :fox64: :dk64:
5. BL!TZ (forfeited losers) :fox64: :falcon64:
7. Sax :pikachu64: :kirby64:
7. B Link :pikachu64:
9. ScottishTubist :link64:
9. FellowAquarian (left in losers) :kirby64:
9. The Bawse :kirby64:
9. Dave :luigi64:
13. *** Vwls :dk64: :falcon64: :link64:
13. Harjot :jigglypuff64:
13. InfernoJesus :kirby64:
13. Prisonchild :mario64: :fox64: :falcon64:

Amateur Bracket

1. V115 :samus64:
2. Zombie (left in GFs) :pikachu64:
3. Farmada (Armen) :pikachu64: :kirby64:
4. AK :pikachu64:
5. Bobby :mario64:
5. NessKhalifa :ness64: :pikachu64:
7. Mike (left in winners)
7. ElectricSprites
9. Deryk Yim (DQ in losers) :kirby64:
9. Mike D (left in losers)
9. Jub (left in losers) :yoshi64:
9. Jaz :fox64:
13. Sasha (left in losers)
13. pidgezero_one (forfeited amateurs) :kirby64: :jigglypuff64:
13. McG
13. Sexsmith
17. YoshiAndLugia (forfeited amateurs) :kirby64:

Doubles Bracket

1: *** Vwls + YBOMBB
2: Unreal + Sextc IXI
3: Blitz + Revan
4: Snorlax + Sax
5: Derek Yim + NessKhalifa
5: Mike D + DickShoeMcGee
7: Dave + fellowAquarian
7: Anthony + Phong
9: Mike + Sasha
9: Prisonchild + TheBawse
9: Bongolio + Jub
9: AK + Farmada (Armen)
13: ScottishTubist + pidgezero_one
13: Bobby + Jaz
13: Innate + hell-dew
13: Harjot + Jas

Pools
Top 2 make it out. Expand to see pools images.

Brawl Side Event
8 stock super sudden death, bo5, round robin, random character + random stage
(No bracket image)
1. V115
2. hell-dew
3. pidgezero_one
4. Farmada (Armen)
5. AK
6. YoshiAndLugia

Shoutouts:
  • Armen, hell-dew, AK, and anyone else who helped run things today. You guys are ****in awesome. Thank you so much. Especially Armen for handling registration solo and payouts while I was doing last minute wire cutting.
  • Karajan for being the coolest person on the planet and walking me through building the USB adapters, without him some of our players would not have been able to enter today.
  • A&C for being a godlike venue and providing CRTs and consoles and a cartridge for us. And then providing me with wire cutters last second so I could fix the usb adapter that had a broken input wire.
  • Everyone who brought a cartridge. I need all yall to get on that next time plzzzzzzzzzzzz :p
  • Our awesome commentators! Ness Khalifa, Unreal, *** Vwls, ElectricSprites, and everyone else who hopped on the mic today
  • Ottawa for BRINGING THE HYPE
  • Everyone in the 64 community for being so appreciative of all our efforts, and for actually showing up to play the game. You guys are what makes this happen.

Last edited:

YBOMBB

Smash Rookie
I wanna give props to Unreal, he played fantastic, exceeded all expectations

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
It's also worth noting that since this scene is brand new the seeding is kinda jank until we have more events, everyone in top 8 except sax was a top seed though. Toronto has a lot of new talent

prisonchild

Smash Ace
sorry if I was a little antisocial, I was pretty out of it on Saturday.

shoutouts to stef (steph?) for running the tourney, the Ottawa guys for making the trek down, snorlax for kicking me out of doubles and being my dark horse for singles, everyone for being cool and ybombb for winning, I still have yet to play you.

I used Mario, fox and falcon during the tourney. my friend The Bawse went straight Kirby as far as I know, although he might've counterpicked to pika for a game or two.

this really inspired me to get better for the next tourney (july 26th?), I gotta figure out how to play against Kirby :p

cheers

oh yeah and shout out to whoever commentated

Last edited:

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
sorry if I was a little antisocial, I was pretty out of it on Saturday.

shoutouts to stef (steph?) for running the tourney, the Ottawa guys for making the trek down, snorlax for kicking me out of doubles and being my dark horse for singles, everyone for being cool and ybombb for winning, I still have yet to play you.

I used Mario, fox and falcon during the tourney. my friend The Bawse went straight Kirby as far as I know, although he might've counterpicked to pika for a game or two.

this really inspired me to get better for the next tourney (july 26th?), I gotta figure out how to play against Kirby :p

cheers

oh yeah and shout out to whoever commentated
july 26th it is!

Hope to see both of you guys :) thanks for coming out!

Top Bottom