• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Jun 26, 2015] BIG AGON Season-Frühling! - NEUSS 26.06. - 28.06.2015 | DE (Neuss)

Kunai KazeKun

Smash Apprentice

BIG AGON is an event meant to bring together people who play Smash Bros for WiiU, 3DS, Brawl, or others. It's important with a community event like this that people bring equipment to help make this a fun experience for everyone involved. Anyone who wants to support us will be rewarded with a rebate and some to-be-announced extras. =)

Official Page: http://www.mysmash.de/agon_serie

Date/Time
26.06.2015 - 28.06.2015!!!

Starts Friday, 13:00 Uhr
Ends Sunday, 20:00 Uhr
We'll have more information for you around the end of the month.

Plan
: TBA

Event Status: Stations Needed (TVs)
Participants: 94
TVs: 20
WiiUs: 20
GCC Adapters: 24
Power Strips: 5-10

Number of stations needed: 20
Stations present: 20
(We need 0 TVs)

The event, as of now, will take place. We need at least 1 setup for every 4 participants!

Address:
Das Haus der Jugend
Hamtorwall 18
41460 Neuss

Homepage: http://www.das-haus-der-jugend.de/index2.htm

The location is basically almost the entire youth center. Please be careful to leave it in good condition! =)

Ground Floor
- Games Room #1 AKA Main Room
- Bathrooms

Basement
- For sleeping and leaving luggage

Tips for Luggage in the Basement
Please don't leave important or expensive valuables lying around in the basement. If you're bringing valuables, please keep them in a small purse or backpack and carry this with you to prevent losses/theft.

( + ) Prices
  • Venue Fee: 20 € (contains 1€ Stream Cost)
  • Smash Wii U Singles: 8€ per player
  • Smash Wii U Teams: per Team 8€ (4 € per player)
  • Smash Wii U Wii U (3 vs 3): 1 € per player = 3€ per Team
  • Total: 33€ (If you play in all events)
( - )Rebates:
  • Rebate for bringing a TV = 3,50 €
  • Rebate for bringing a WiiU = 2,50€
  • Rebate for bringing a GCC adapter = 0,50 €

(Depends on the participants)

Notice: You must participate in at least one event!

Are you 14-18 years old? Waiver + ID
18 years old or older: ID

You may use any controller except the Wii U GamePad!
(2 players cannot use it simultaneously, and this is a problem.)

You may set up your control scheme however you like (use a tag!)

Food and Shelter

You are responsible for your own food!
There is a kitchen that may be used; it should be kept clean. People who don't clean up after themselves will be sanctioned!
There is fast food nearby (McDonalds, Subway, etc.)
Supermarkets are a little further, downtown (still within walking distance though).

You can sleep at the location. as said above, we recommend using a sleeping bag and some sort of pad.

Additional Notes:
To ensure that no problems arise, please throw your garbage away in the prepared trash cans. If you don't, sanctions (up to being kicked out of the event) may follow.

Signups (Max 78/90) - (20 spots are reserved for people providing setups; 20 reserved for international guests.) Signups start 01.04.2015 and end 15.06.2015.

Signups will be here! <--- Click the link

Please fill out the formula only under the following conditions:
  • You know how you're getting there (you have your trip booked)
  • You know what you're bringing
  • You have the money for the event
There will soon be more information about the event. To ensure that the event happens, I need you guys to confirm. But there's been so much interest that I'm pretty sure it'll happen.

---
If you want to be sure you're signed up:
Take a look here!

I'm doing this by hand, so check the list when I update it, and compare it to when you registered. If I updated it since your last registration and you're not on it, register again!

More important information (EVERYONE READ THIS!)

In a few days, we'll be hosting AGON in the Neuss location. I hope everyone who registered shows up, and I hope that we can put together an amazing event. To ensure that everything works just fine, I need all of your cooperation - this event is about all of you, and without your help, we can't make it work. Here's some information for veterans and newer members of the community.

Updates
  • If anything is updated or changed, we will let you know in the thread.

I'm bringing a WiiU!
  • For bringing your WiiU, you'll receive a 2€ rebate on the location fee.
  • Please set your WiiU to the highest possible resolution! (1080P is the maximum, but it's often set to 720p)
  • Make sure it will not automatically shut down! *IMPORTANT*
  • If your settings are correct, you will not need to bring a gamepad, so you can leave it at home. Gamepads are brought at your own risk.

I'm bringing a TV!
  • For bringing your TV, you'll receive a 4€ rebate on the location fee.
  • If the TV does not have an HDMI input, it's important that I know this ASAP! PM me!
  • If it's a CRT, same thing - PM me!
  • We're pretty happy about people bringing power strips as well.
  • If a TV remote is needed, please bring it!

FOR EVERYONE
  • If you're bringing something, mark it! A mark which is not easy to spot or to remove is a sure-fire way to ensure that you can identify your device.
  • We need power strips! Everyone should be able to bring one, especially those who aren't bringing TVs or WiiUs!If you have a power strip with surge protection, PM me!
  • Please have the money in exact change., I'm not a bank, and I can't always make change for large bills; I will refuse 50€ or larger bills. You know which events you're taking part in and what you're bringing, you should know how much you have to pay.
  • Called matches will be played ASAP! If you don't tell me personally what's going on and your match gets called, you will lose game 1 after 5 minutes and the set after 10 minutes. I'm going to be a hard-ass about this, and we accept no excuses, period!
  • There will probably be Sandwiches on Saturday and Sunday for 1€ . The profit from those will go towards a new project (Setups for tournaments - donations!)
  • If you're not coming, deconfirm before saturday! Deconfirm as soon as possible, otherwise you may be passed over in future AGON events.
  • Removing or unplugging WiiUs, Adapters, and TVs is STRICTLY FORBIDDEN! We will throw you out of the location! If your things have been moved, come to me! Adjusting the volume on monitors/TVs is also forbidden! Get caught doing that three times, and you will be thrown out!

Order of events
  • The location opens Saturday (02.05.2015) at 10:00. I may be a little late, but it shouldn't take too long.
  • Then we set up the location, get the setups built up, and collectively figure things out.
  • You guys can do freeplay after that, until I call for signups. At that point, everyone needs to come to me and sign up.
  • Teams starts at 12:00
  • There is a small break at 15:00; singles Pools starts at 16:00
  • After pools, we'll immediately start with the "pro" bracket; amateur bracket starts when setups are freed up.
  • Matches will continue until 1:00 (AM); beyond that, continuing with the bracket is optional.
  • The bracket continues Sunday (03.05.2015) at 11:00 (AM). Please have breakfast beforehand; if you haven't, you'll be playing in the bracket hungry!

For New Members

If this is your first event, a few pointers:
  • Tournament sets are played best 2 out of 3 - win 2 games out of 3 to win the set.
  • In the pool brackets (normally we'd play round robin but this is not an option due to time constraints), the top 4 players will proceed into the pro bracket. All players will be separated evenly into 8 pools.
  • Winner Finals, Loser Finals und Grand Finals are best of 5. In bracket pools, grand finals will not be played!
  • There are prizes for both the amateur and pro bracket! The winner of the amateur bracket and the top 8 of the pro bracket earn prizes!
During the Tournament
  • Be careful with valuables (cell phones, controllers, etc.), and keep an eye on them - your best bet is keeping them in a backpack. It's easy to mistake someone else's controller for yours!
  • Any questions? Ask me - I'll be wearing a shirt with my name on it, Kunai Kaze-Kun
  • Pay attention to your stuff. If you see anything suspicious happening, TELL ME!
Sleeping
  • You'll be sleeping in a well-heated indoor skate park. Word of advice: bring earplugs!
  • Also advised: sleeping bag and sleep mat.
  • Put your valuables in a bag in your sleeping bag to ensure they don't get stolen.

Other important threads:
[/quote]

Last edited:

J.Miller

Smash Apprentice
NNID
J.Miller91
Interested hope to say confirmed when the tournament is closer.

Kunai KazeKun

Smash Apprentice
The Registration for this Event will be 2 days later. So it wll be on 03.04.2015.

The reason is technical problems, which will fix in 2 days.

Stay tuned!

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
Definitely interested. Neuss tournaments are godlike.

Triples is hype.

Any chance of a small Brawl side event maybe?

Kunai KazeKun

Smash Apprentice
Wait, does the signup end tomorrow?
No, it ends on15.06.2015!

---------

Interested

Is there any way to shower btw?
Yep but only on Saturday in a swimming pool. You have to pay for it :) Its 5 min away from the Location

---------

Please add Melee and Brawl! :)
No Sry

---------

Yo let us do a small unofficial one B)
I can even run it
Sry but we dont have any tv to play brawl on and a wii without lag.
Also I´m just support Smash 4

Sry

Last edited:

Kunai KazeKun

Smash Apprentice
Are you set on not using custom moves? Why not?
Custom moves are not available. We think its a lot of work and it is unfair to use custom sets. In my opinion I would take another custom set with Peach or TL, but it doesnt exist. But Custom Moves are more for fun as well, even when I understand the balancing issue. When we take a look at Mewtu, he dont have any Custom Move and that is a point for me, which make it unfair.

Here you can see who is regist already:
http://www.mysmash.de/agon_serie/index.php/registration/teilnehmer-m

Last edited:

Kunai KazeKun

Smash Apprentice
Sry Guys to tell you this, but this event is full now, All People who want to regist, will come onto the waiting list. where you will be have no chance to get into this event, except to many people deconfirm now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom