• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pacific West PGG's 8 Monthly Smash Attack! (No Customs!)

How did you like the last PGG Tournament?

• Cool but them weebs are WEAK

• I don't know how you could make it better!

• Meh..

• Your tournaments are like Bayonetta and should be banned

• Get that dank stank outta there man!

Results are only viewable after voting.
PGG's 8 Monthly Smash Attack! (No Customs!)
Posted by Bkomel
700 alquire Parkway. Hayward, Ca. 94544
Saturday, June 11, 2016 - 10:00 AM
Until: Saturday, June 11, 2016 - 07:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/Los_Angeles)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/Los_Angeles

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869
Do you guys have a spare Pro Controller charger? My friend's gonna let me borrow his controller, but his mom accidentally sold the charger. It's already run out of battery so no practice for me lol
I mainly use the Gamepad btw, buttons don't tear my thumbs apart, but I'm guessing it's banned.
Nope we allow it. we also will have a charger yes. It's the same size as a PS3 btw.

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869
Bkomel I was wondering it would be an interesting idea if we could start up an amiibo tournament
That's not a bad Idea considering the 3rd place prize. I'll ask how people feel, but there's also people asking for a low tier tournament and a crew battle tourney.

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869
I brought the friendly smash4 set behind tvs 2 and 3, but when I put it away, I didn't see an extra GC controller. One thing I would like to note about the station though, was that it was disconnected without my knowledge. Because of this, I actually put it away probably an hour or two before leaving in my car.
Will you be attending this one? You're set up always helps, and I've been spreading the pgg name, and finally getting some response for the 11th

Hxey

Smash Cadet
You should clean up the ruleset a bit more imo. To look more tournament official and draw in new faces

ShadowB13

Smash Cadet
NNID
broski989
3DS FC
5172-2466-6884
Will you be able to bring the set up again?
Yeah I will be able to take my setup. It's a good thing this tournament is right after I get out of school for summer otherwise I might have not been able to go.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I don't have a licence yet, so I have to rely on one of my parents to drive me over. For this reason only I'm putting Maybe. Let's hope they don't work that Saturday.

Bleh13R

Smash Rookie
Will you be attending this one? You're set up always helps, and I've been spreading the pgg name, and finally getting some response for the 11th
Yeah, I'll come unless something comes up. If something like last time happens I probably wont feel comfortable bringing a setup anymore though. Glad to hear youre spreading the pgg name.

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869
You should clean up the ruleset a bit more imo. To look more tournament official and draw in new faces
which parts? or were you saying literally how it looks?

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869
Yeah, I'll come unless something comes up. If something like last time happens I probably wont feel comfortable bringing a setup anymore though. Glad to hear youre spreading the pgg name.
I'll keep an area closer to tv 1 open for your tv. The crew and I will keep an eye on it.

D

Deleted member

Do gamepads work that way? If you need one and we send you to a set up that doesn't have one, let us know. We'll resend you
I think you have to sync the gamepad to each Wii U individually, which can take up to a minute. Pretty sure that's the reason why it's banned in some tournaments too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bleh13R

Smash Rookie
I think you have to sync the gamepad to each Wii U individually, which can take up to a minute. Pretty sure that's the reason why it's banned in some tournaments too.
They're usually banned from tournaments because I believe that only one wii u pad may be synced to a console at one time. Meaning if two players who use the gamepad fight each other, one of the players will not be able to use their controller of choice. From what I've seen in previous tournaments (this one only), there's only been one time where I've seen 2 people who use the gamepad fight each other. I don't think there was any big debate about who gets to use the gamepad (at least it wasn't anything that took too long), but I did see that one of the players had to switch to a different controller type.

D

Deleted member

They're usually banned from tournaments because I believe that only one wii u pad may be synced to a console at one time. Meaning if two players who use the gamepad fight each other, one of the players will not be able to use their controller of choice. From what I've seen in previous tournaments (this one only), there's only been one time where I've seen 2 people who use the gamepad fight each other. I don't think there was any big debate about who gets to use the gamepad (at least it wasn't anything that took too long), but I did see that one of the players had to switch to a different controller type.
Then I'll bring the Pro Controller just in case. I may not be as good with it as the gamepad, but I've learned not to throw it against the wall for being a huge waste of $40. And trust me, the difference between the two is huge. Not in button position, but in feel. You can't imagine how disgusted I was when I first used the Pro Controller. The buttons stick out farther making short hop button flicks painful, I wasn't use to my hands being so close together, etc.

D

Deleted member

I actually felt bad for my friend when I brought it home. I got him the controller just so we could play together and even he hated it. xD

Hxey

Smash Cadet
Oh, f*ck nah! It's on, son! You gon' put some respek on mah name when this is done!

Hxey

Smash Cadet
Bring flowers for the funeral y'all. This one's gon be messy. Closed casket for sure

Last edited:

ModernBulbz

Smash Cadet
question about the thumbnail, would you prefer it to be psd file format or jpeg/png format

ShadowB13

Smash Cadet
NNID
broski989
3DS FC
5172-2466-6884
Now that bayonetta has been severely nerfed you should take out that question from the poll of bayonetta should be banned.

D

Deleted member

I've never had trouble fighting Bayonetta, maybe the ones I fought just weren't skilled. It's like fighting an insect, they're more scared of you than you are to them. Can't tell you how fun it is to just stand still after a combo and watch them Witch Time 2-3 times then side smash. xD

ShadowB13

Smash Cadet
NNID
broski989
3DS FC
5172-2466-6884
I've never had trouble fighting Bayonetta, maybe the ones I fought just weren't skilled. It's like fighting an insect, they're more scared of you than you are to them. Can't tell you how fun it is to just stand still after a combo and watch them Witch Time 2-3 times then side smash. xD
Dude same here but now that she doesn't work anymore there is no need to worry about that

crittertm

Smash Rookie
sorry I know this a hurtful correction but in a good way so don´t take it the wrong way. When you commentated you said stuff they didn´t do like in my vid you said I air dodge when I spot dodge and you did that for other battles too.

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869
sorry I know this a hurtful correction but in a good way so don´t take it the wrong way. When you commentated you said stuff they didn´t do like in my vid you said I air dodge when I spot dodge and you did that for other battles too.
Sorry we're no professional, but we're getting better. We're not salty, but you also have to remember that everybody makes mistakes, even D1. Not to mention your example is just us calling out a wrong name. We don't aim to make these mistakes, but we will certainly strive to not make more simple mistakes like that.

D

Deleted member

I know a bayonetta main, and she seems pretty good still. RIP her 0-death though
I've never actually gotten killed by her 0-death before. Hell, I rarely let her pull me into the air. All of my stocks lost to her were from smash attacks after getting slowed by Witch Time.

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869
I've never actually gotten killed by her 0-death before. Hell, I rarely let her pull me into the air. All of my stocks lost to her were from smash attacks after getting slowed by Witch Time.
sounds like you were lucky enough to see her true power in person

D

Deleted member

sounds like you were lucky enough to see her true power in person
The only "true power" I see is a time slowing counter that can be baited. I get a little reckless sometimes though. :p

D

Deleted member

Wait, so is the tournament officially starting at 10, or is that when you have to arrive?

Bleh13R

Smash Rookie
Wait, so is the tournament officially starting at 10, or is that when you have to arrive?
Tournament starts around 12:30. Free play starts around 10:00 so feel free to come earlier to warm up or play casually with people

Winner-Bit

Smash Cadet
NNID
Twistbit
3DS FC
1977-0793-0839
Just watched the video from last tournament.
Noticed there's a frikin human pigeon who mains D3.

*dons sunglasses* A new challenger approaches.

...(if I can make it, that is. I'll try!)

Last edited:
Top Bottom