• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pacific West PGG's 8 Monthly Smash Attack! (No Customs!)

How did you like the last PGG Tournament?

• Cool but them weebs are WEAK

• I don't know how you could make it better!

• Meh..

• Your tournaments are like Bayonetta and should be banned

• Get that dank stank outta there man!

Results are only viewable after voting.
PGG's 8 Monthly Smash Attack! (No Customs!)
Posted by Bkomel
700 alquire Parkway. Hayward, Ca. 94544
Saturday, June 11, 2016 - 10:00 AM
Until: Saturday, June 11, 2016 - 07:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/Los_Angeles)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/Los_Angeles

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869
This tournament thrives off of the community! If you have a wii-u and tv you can bring, Please do! We need them and will waive your Venue fee if you bring both. We'll waive your tournament fee too if the tv is big enough! Size does matter y'know!
Tournament Info:

700 alquire Parkway. Hayward, Ca. 94544
10am on May 7th. for all ages
There is now a $5 Venue fee !!
Submissions start at 12:30 PM, Free play starts 10AM
If there is time, we will also be doing a doubles PAID tournament, $5 per person

We will be in a club house towards the top oh the hill on Alquire. (Industrial Blvd is Alquire)
The Club house is just over 1 Block away from mission Blvd, and a bus stop, 1/2 mile from BART.

Smash 4 tournament Rules: (Both Doubles and Singles)
- bring your own controller (We have backups, but they're jankey)
- 2 stock (Singles) 3 Stock (Doubles)
- custom moves NOT allowed
-Mii's are allowed, but must be set to 1111 or 2222 or 3333
- best of 3 rounds
- Players can change characters, but the winner must choose first!!
-Coin toss / rochambeau for first person to choose stage, loser chooses next stage, but winner can choose to ban a stage as well
- Both winners and losers finals will be best of 5.
-Grand Final is best of 5. If the losers finalist wins, the bracket resets to a final best of 5. (Singles) Grand Finals Best of 5 (Doubles)
5$ entry fee per person (Both)

Smash 4 Prizes
- 60% Generated Ca$h
- 30% Generated Ca$h
-Amiibo! Choice of Palutena or Marth

Smash 4 stages are:

-Neutral-
-Battlefield
-Final Destination
-Town and City
-Smashville
-Lylat cruise
-Anything Omega

-Counter pick-
-Duck Hunt
-Dream Land 64

- Banning Omega Bans FD and vice versa

Also any stage that is not on this list, but both parties want to fight on is also acceptable, but both parties must accept

you can find our past smash tournaments on our youtube channel. Here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCffa0xetiRuhO82CLzShCew

Twitter: @ThoseGoodGamers

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PrettyGoodGaming/?ref=hl

Twitch : http://www.twitch.tv/pretty_good_gaming
We stream Twice a week! Our Youtube channel and twitter have release times.

Hope to see you guys there!

ModernBulbz

Smash Cadet
Nothing much just gonna attend next time and stuff. (Have to check with the others.)

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869
Also, what amiibo would you like to see? I was planning wii fit, but if there's a preferance, I can get that

ZalexZTK

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3351-5017-7928
Hyped already. Attending, and this time I'm taking Tree and Zard down.

ZalexZTK

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3351-5017-7928
If there are no customs this time around, are Mii fighters banned? If they aren't, are the movesets limited to a specific set?
Also, who brought the friendlies set behind tvs 2 and 3? I think I left my gc controller there :(

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869
If there are no customs this time around, are Mii fighters banned? If they aren't, are the movesets limited to a specific set?
Also, who brought the friendlies set behind tvs 2 and 3? I think I left my gc controller there :(
oooohhhh yea IDK how to help you there. When I cleaned up there was no extra GC controller..... As for Mii fighter, you can still use it, but I'm going to consult the crew to see what they think about preset moves.

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869
Are you going to be uploading ALL Matches From the last tourney?
All matches from tv 1 yes. We only have equipment to capture 1 set up, so if you want to be recorded, you have to let us know at the event

Bleh13R

Smash Rookie
I brought the friendly smash4 set behind tvs 2 and 3, but when I put it away, I didn't see an extra GC controller. One thing I would like to note about the station though, was that it was disconnected without my knowledge. Because of this, I actually put it away probably an hour or two before leaving in my car.

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869
I brought the friendly smash4 set behind tvs 2 and 3, but when I put it away, I didn't see an extra GC controller. One thing I would like to note about the station though, was that it was disconnected without my knowledge. Because of this, I actually put it away probably an hour or two before leaving in my car.
hmm. That's strange that it was disconectd. I'll keep an eye out for that next time..

ZalexZTK

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3351-5017-7928
I found my controller under my car seat XD My b.
As far as Mii fighters, I think you should be able to choose size and moves, but to adhere to the no customs rule, you cannot change your Mii customs in the match. The Mii you choose is the Mii you use for the whole Bo3 (or Bo5), unless you decide to choose someone other than a Mii fighter of course :p. That way, people won't be able to change their moves to get the upper hand on their opponent. Just my opinion anyway.

crittertm

Smash Rookie
sorry I didn´t go to the last one but I will try to go to this one(lol trying to rap):fox64:

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869
Hey random question, what software do you guys use for the youtube thumbnails?
Adobe Photoshop elements, aka watered down photoshop. It has all the regular tools, but there;s got to be a reason why it was only $99

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869
Hey random question, what software do you guys use for the youtube thumbnails?
Just did some research, and I never knew elements was missing so much...... it's like its a glorious ms paint -_- Lol maybe not quite that bad

ModernBulbz

Smash Cadet
Just did some research, and I never knew elements was missing so much...... it's like its a glorious ms paint -_- Lol maybe not quite that bad
Need help with the thumbnails? I have Photoshop CC

Last edited:

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869
Need help with the thumbnails? I have Photoshop CC
Making them no. I was smart and photoshopped all the characters out and have them on file, so it's like putting stickers on really, and I'm able to do them in about 2 minutes (That's probably why I've also made mistakes....)

As for making one to use, if you'd like to make a background I could paste them on that'd be awesome! There are two other people that are doing this as well (IDK how serious they were though). I'd be all down to make the background viewer submits. (I'd check them of course)

ModernBulbz

Smash Cadet
Making them no. I was smart and photoshopped all the characters out and have them on file, so it's like putting stickers on really, and I'm able to do them in about 2 minutes (That's probably why I've also made mistakes....)

As for making one to use, if you'd like to make a background I could paste them on that'd be awesome! There are two other people that are doing this as well (IDK how serious they were though). I'd be all down to make the background viewer submits. (I'd check them of course)
Yeah I can help with background design, as reference here is a recent background I did http://imgur.com/gallery/eH9OFaS/new

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869
(No Customs!)
-custom moves allowed
Oh **** waddup!

But we usually have customs, and thank god no one has abused it. We're trying to get more people and go in a positive direction though

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869
I never got to commentate last time
I cri every time
Yeah just come up and remind me next time. There were 4 or 5 people who ended up commentating last time. I'm sorry I forgot

D

Deleted member

Oh **** waddup!

But we usually have customs, and thank god no one has abused it. We're trying to get more people and go in a positive direction though
Well, guess it wouldn't hurt to try a more offensive Pac-Man...

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869
Well, guess it wouldn't hurt to try a more offensive Pac-Man...
My friend and crew-mate super mains pac-man (He strongly believes pac-man is S-tier....), so hopefully you can make it!

D

Deleted member

My friend and crew-mate super mains pac-man (He strongly believes pac-man is S-tier....), so hopefully you can make it!
Does he now? Can't wait to see what his Pac-Man's got to offer. :)

D

Deleted member

Do you guys have a spare Pro Controller charger? My friend's gonna let me borrow his controller, but his mom accidentally sold the charger. It's already run out of battery so no practice for me lol
I mainly use the Gamepad btw, buttons don't tear my thumbs apart, but I'm guessing it's banned.

ShadowB13

Smash Cadet
NNID
broski989
3DS FC
5172-2466-6884
Do you guys have a spare Pro Controller charger? My friend's gonna let me borrow his controller, but his mom accidentally sold the charger. It's already run out of battery so no practice for me lol
I mainly use the Gamepad btw, buttons don't tear my thumbs apart, but I'm guessing it's banned.
Actually if you want to use the gamepad you can its just that if they don't have one at the wii u you're kind of screwed.

Top Bottom