• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Jan 1, 2015] WS|BoLT Presents - PM Crewfest - Sunday, Aug 31, 2014 (Fredericksburg VA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255

..Presents..

"An MD/VA/SoVA Project M Event!"
Sunday, August 31st, 2014
Please Confirm your Attendance.

Confirmation List Located on 2nd Post

Location: Sage Mantis GAME-HAVEN (2025 Plank Road, Fredericksburg VA, 22401 - Westwood Shopping Center near Staples and Lonestar)

Primary Event: Project M Doubles/Singles
Secondary Event: Crew Battles!

Crew Battle Challengers!

VS

Schedule:

Setup/Registration: 12:00pm
Project M 3.0 Doubles: 1:30pm
Intermission/Friendlies/Crewbattles: 2:30pm
Project M 3.0 Singles: 3:30pm

(All time scheduling may change depending on turnout/demand.)

Venue/Event Prices:

Venue Fee - $10.00 ($5.00 Venue fee to those that bring setups (up to 5)
Project M 3.0 Singles - $10.00 Entry
Project M 3.0 Doubles - $20.00 Entry ($10.00 Per Person)

Rules: These rules apply to Brawl/Project M. If you have any questions about the rules, please ask BoLT rather than waiting till after a match to ask. It could be too late!

General Gameplay:

- Items are set to "off" and "none"
- If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage. If there is a tie, see the tiebreaker section to follow.
- All sets in bracket with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and grand finals will be best of 3 matches. The finals matches will be a best of 5.
- Controller ports will be decided by players. If there is a conflict, we prefer using the G&W Hammer method to determine who gets to choose.
- You may switch controller ports on your counterpick only.
- BYOC (Bring your own controller). I recommend having a spare, just in case. If you don't have one, I might have a few for sale.
- Any controller malfunction mid match is on you. If you need to reset, your opponent will have to agree to a reset as doing so will require you to pause the match. (if pause is on).
- Stalling is banned. You know what this is, ask if you're unsure.
- If you freeze the game on an action initiated by your character, you lose the game. You are expected to know the boundaries of your character. (This rarely, if ever, happens.)
- Pause is recommended to be turned on for quick resets, but players can request it be turned off for the duration of their match.
- If a player pauses the match mid game (accidentally or intentionally), it is a stock loss to the player who pressed it.
- A match ending in simultaneous death does not go to the initiator. If the result is sudden death from this, use the normal tiebreaking rules (to follow) to determine the winner. Otherwise use who the game declared the winner.

- Coaching mid-match is banned. Don't do it.
- You cannot re-select a stage you have won on as a Counterpick in a set.
- Any and all infinites (basically, where someone can control the opponent without them being able to do anything about it) must end at 300%, otherwise it becomes stalling. All infinites are entirely legal otherwise.

Set Procedure:

1. Character selection
2. Stage strike 1-2-X-1 (X representing the amount of stages per game, as P:M has more starters)

3. Play Game 1
4. Winning player announces ban stage for the set
5. Loser of previous match announces next match's stage
6. Winner of previous match chooses characters
7. Loser of previous match chooses characters
8. Play next game
9. Rinse and repeat 4-8 if set goes to a third game.

Tie Breaking:

Note: Tiebreaking is only initiated if the game started a sudden death round upon completion. Otherwise, the game declared winner is the winner of the match.

1. Winner is determined by highest stock count then lowest percent.
2. In Brawl, verify the LGL was not violated. If both players violated said LGL or neither player did, proceed to step 3.
3. 1 stock, 3 minute match is played as a tiebreaker match. The winner of this match wins the game. If there is a tie in this match, proceed to step 4.
4. A second 1 stock, no time limit match is played. If a simultaneous death is initiated (such as swallocide) in this match, the initiator loses the match. There is no tie for this match, it is play until you win.

Conduct Rules:

- BYOC (already mentioned this)
- No intrusive Cosmetic hacks permitted (no altering characters to look like master chief, no reversing the ice climbers colors, etc.)
- No Drugs/Alcohol on the premises. If you are seen with, or smell of it, you will be removed from the Venue.
- Intentionally disrupting someone mid-match intentionally or accidentally is not acceptable. Please do your best to make sure you are not disrupting a match.
- Don't lose anything you're bringing to the event please, we are not liable for lost/stolen etc.

Project M ONLY Rules: (most are preset in the game)

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JJ14fHbTyrJvBqN70ODCRwMiHQjx1X0jyIBrCSoE07I/edit

Prize Payouts:

Singles Payouts:

1st: 55%
2nd: 25%
3rd: 15%
4th: 5%

Doubles Payouts:

1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

Food:

All within close proximity is Honey Baked Ham, Aladins, Popeyes, Starbucks, Nile Market, Wawa, McDonalds, and KFC. There are also Energy drinks available for sale in the venue.

Livestream:

To Be Determined.

Last edited:

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255

In 2010, The MD/VA's Crewfest Tournaments were born. Birthed in the Brawl scene, and now after 4 years, it is now coming over into Project M to resurrect old rivalries, birth new ones, and add hype to the scene. What's the difference between your average event and Crewfest? Crewfest promotes Crewbattles. You have a crew, think you're the best? Prove it. At Crewfest, you schedule your rivalries with us, and we set it up and get the crowd behind you. It's not just a crew battle, it's apart of the tournaments event schedule. You come here not only to compete, but also to battle it out in the arena.

Reserved for TO

Facebook Event Link:
https://www.facebook.com/events/618656348232197/

Last edited:

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
Why would you post a tourney the day after mine @___@?

:018:
Why wouldn't I?

Your event is in Maryland, mine is in VA, a good hour and some change away and takes place the day after. You've got hype around your event, no worries it won't hurt your attendance. I'm kicking off end of the month Monthlies for Fredericksburg. Maryland has multiple tournaments each month, I need to start building the scene here and Sunday is the most requested day from our local scene that works with my work schedule.

Last edited:

Fiddleheads

Smash Rookie
NNID
Fiddleheads
3DS FC
4940-6740-5557
I'll be there! I'm from the Fredericksburg area, so I'm really stoked we're getting some stuff going around here!

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
yo, smash tournaments nearby stafford? im getting hyped.
Hell yeah man, we'll be doing these once a month so I hope to see you there often!
I'll be there! I'm from the Fredericksburg area, so I'm really stoked we're getting some stuff going around here!

Yes sir! Fredericksburg is making a come back in the competitive scene so lets spread the word and build the community!

Last edited:

DirtyPete

Smash Cadet
i was bummed i didnt get to go this time, hope i can make it next time. did it end up getting streamed?

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
I welcome all crews in and outside of the MD/VA region to attend this event. We will hold crew battles, and if enough crews show up, a crew tournament to see who the best crew is!

Last edited:

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
Going to try to make it out if my schedule permits. In theeere.
KenInBlack! Yesssss, you've come out to my SF tournaments at Gamepad before, I'm hyped! Look forward to seeing you again!
Going to try and make it out there. I live out in norfolk... if anyone is doing a carpool from virigina beach/hampton/norfolk let me know
Hope you can make it bro, look forward to meeting you!

Last edited:

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
seriously tho how do you join crews
Well it all depends, you can either be good enough to be recruited, have a group of friends that play together a lot become a crew, or start your own. My crew will be there, and we're just a group of friends that have smashed together for years.

JoeyS

Smash Rookie
Do you plan on adding Melee at any point? I live in the area, but I don't play PM, but it's really cool seeing tournaments in Fredericksburg.

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
Do you plan on adding Melee at any point? I live in the area, but I don't play PM, but it's really cool seeing tournaments in Fredericksburg.
If it is requested enough, I'll run Melee. :)

The fact that you remember me is awesome, hell yeah dude I'm on that Smash grind again! Gonna be cool to see ya!
Ken you didn't come out! :(

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
Thanks for responding Dominic. I've been extremely busy with life this month and haven't had a moments peace to check this.

I really hope to see everyone come out today!

Dominic Jackson

Smash Rookie
You are very welcome. I understand completely. I am just disappointed I couldn't come.(we had to go to a friends house) Maybe next month!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom