• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

July 19th: Play a Real Game 3! Melee and PM Regional (Hurst, TX)

Oracle

Smash Master
Play a Real Game 3!
July 19th
Hurst, TX

Facebook Event

The third installment of the mid-cities best tournament series has returned, and is back in a brand-new, better than ever venue! Epik Cards and Games has moved to Hurst, in a significantly more spacious venue with great internet for streaming! Previously I had announced that I would be separating the Melee and PM tournaments, but now that we have a much larger venue, this won't be a problem.

Location: Epik Cards and Games 730 E Pipeline Rd Suite A, Hurst, Texas

Entry Fees

Venue: $10 ($5 if you bring a setup)

PM/Melee Singles: $10

PM/Melee Doubles: $10 per team

Schedule

10:30- Store Opens- PLEASE try to be here as early as you can.
11:00- Sign ups Start
11:30- Signups End, Melee/PM Doubles bracket begins
12:30- Melee and PM Pools Begin
6:00- Pools End, Top Cut begins
9:30- Singles Bracket Ends, Finish Doubles
12:00/Whenever- Leave

We can stay as long as we need to, but I want to get out by midnight, and will do everything I can to make the tournament run quickly and smoothly.

Note: There is no lunch break because you can find your own time to eat with the sign out sheet. There are a handful of restaurants very close to the venue

Rules: Applies to Both PM and Melee

All matches will be played 2/3, except for top 5 (Winners semis and onwards, losers quarters and onwards)
8 Minute Timer, 4 Stock games
1. First round will be played on a neutral stage, struck in an alternating fashion (1-2-1)
PM Neutral stages- Yoshi's Story, Battlefield, Dreamland, Pokemon Stadium 2, Smashville
Melee Neutral Stages- Fountain of Dreams (Singles Only), Yoshi's Story, Final Destination, Battlefield, Dreamland, Pokemon Stadium (Doubles Only)
2. After the first match, winning player/team select stages to ban from all legal stages. Three stage bans in PM, one stage ban in Melee.
3. Losing team/player then picks stage
4. Winner picks character
5. Loser picks character.
Counterpicks for PM:
Warioware
Lylat Cruise
Yoshi's Island Brawl
Delfino Plaza
Final Destination
Skyworld
Dracula's Castle
Yoshis Story Melee (Singles Only)
Skyloft (Doubles Only)

Melee Counterpick stages- pokemon stadium,
Mr. Wizard's Stupid Rule- no stage may be played on more than once per set, unless agreed upon by both players

Payout:

Project M Singles:
1st- 50%
2nd- 22%
3rd- 12%
4th- 6%
5th- 3%
7th- 2%

Melee Singles :
1st- 55%
2nd- 25%
3rd- 10%
4th- 5%
5th- 2.5%

If fewer than 40 entrants
1st- 55%
2nd- 25%
3rd- 15%
4th- 5%

Stream: Stream will be provided by Tourneylocator.com!

Other Rules- applies to all attendees
- don't trash the venue. The owner is a friend of mine and he was nice enough to lend us his store, so don't be a jerk.
- you can be loud and whatnot, hype is always appreciated
- food and drink is fine as long as you don't spill. venue has snacks and sodas as well, so buy some there to show your support!

Last edited:

EmLeingod

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmLeingod
****ING FRIGATE AGAIN

I HATE YOU

I'll still be there.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

yeahhhhhhh uhhhhh oracle take off frigate please, be a normal human. I don't want to hear your argument about how more bans = janky stages are ok, JUST ****ING REMOVE ALL PAGE 2 STAGES BEFORE I HAVE TO KILL SOME *******

TheNotSoShyGuy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheNotSoShyGuy
Man, PaRG 2 was such a long time ago. That was my first tourney, pretty nostalgic. Hopefully I'll do better than 17th this time around. ;)

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I might see about making this. Anyone need a partner?

Oracle

Smash Master
No. Its the same owners, but they moved to a much better store in Hurst. Its only 10 miles away from the old location, but the venue is brand new!

Last edited:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Not if you're playing Mario Party

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Edit: Double Poast

Last edited:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
"War. War never changes." - Oracle spiking some 12 year old on Delfino

Quiteballin

Smash Rookie
If I brought a setup but didn't make it out of pools, could I pack it up and leave before the end of the event or is that generally frowned upon?

Oracle

Smash Master
If I brought a setup but didn't make it out of pools, could I pack it up and leave before the end of the event or is that generally frowned upon?
That would harm the general flow of the tournament. I can't actually prevent you from leaving, but i would really encourage you to stay. Theres much more to tournaments then just playing your pool; you can meet people, play friendlies, and get hype over spectating!

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Ya even if you get knocked out early, there's still a lot you can do. You might learn more from playing a bajillion friendlies/MM's, asking for advice from top players, watching their sets in person, etc

KinGly

Smash Journeyman
If my crews up for making a three and a half hour drive from bossier then crashing at my dads for the night, then you can expect BS to be out there. I might finally fulfill my dream of going to a tourney and not see anyone playing brawl.

Also, delfinos a counter pick for pm?

The Prince: SDJ

Smash Apprentice
If my crews up for making a three and a half hour drive from bossier then crashing at my dads for the night, then you can expect BS to be out there. I might finally fulfill my dream of going to a tourney and not see anyone playing brawl.

Also, delfinos a counter pick for pm?
Dude, delfino is the only stage. Just wait until the year 20XX when delfino will be the only neutral and counterpick

EmLeingod

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmLeingod
@ Quiteballin Quiteballin

If you come just for the tournament, you're probably never going to get better. Also yeah, it's kind of a **** move to leave with your set up until the bracket narrows down quite a bit.

The Prince: SDJ

Smash Apprentice

Last edited:

Quiteballin

Smash Rookie
Yea don't get me wrong, this will be my fourth tournament now and I always stay as long as possible because it's a blast and I get better but there's somewhere I need to be when/if I get knocked out.

KinGly

Smash Journeyman
Alright, it's looking like I'll definitely be there. My normal crew won't be with me, but I'll have yet another new guy who learned that smash has a competitive side yesterday. Please be nice :) I've still got a few more noobs stockpiled back home lol

Edit: I've got a half setup (everything but a CRT). Will I still have the $10 venue fee?

Last edited:
Top Bottom