• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [Jul 23, 2015] Project Playhem Weeklies - Series Cancelled details in OP (Livonia, MI)

Ori_bro

ignite the fire

AS OF 7/20/15 AT 1:45PM SCHOOLCRAFT COLLEGE WILL NO LONGER BE ALLOWING OUTSIDE GROUPS TO USE THEIR CAMPUS FOR EVENTS. THIS IS COMING TO YOU ALL AS SUDDENLY AS IT IS COMING TO MYSELF AND ALL OF US HERE AT PULSE GAMING. WE BELIEVED WE HAD TILL SEPTEMBER TO FIND A NEW VENUE SINCE WE WERE TOLD THAT WE COULD FINISH UP THE SUMMER. SINCE THIS IS COMING AT SUCH A SHORT NOTICE THE WEEKLIES ARE PUT ON COMPLETE HOLD. WE WILL BE LOOKING FOR A NEW VENUE GOING FORWARD BECAUSE THE MICHIGAN SMASH 4 SCENE DESERVES TO HAVE A TREMENDOUS AND PROFESSIONALLY RAN WEEKLY SERIES.

THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT GUYS, WITHOUT YOUR SUPPORT, WE WOULDN'T BE WHERE WE ARE TODAY

- Pulse|Ori and the rest of the Pulse Gaming Team.

PULSE SOCIAL MEDIA
Website
Facebook
Twitter

Last edited:

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Reserved for Results Thread Links

February
March
April
May
June
July

Last edited:

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I have added an incentives section in the OP. I hope you all like raffles for doing your part as a community member :)

David Viran

Smash Lord
Darn no customs everybody's lucky helicopter kick isn't legal well anyway i'll try to come to as many as I can.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Hope to see everyone again on Thursday! It is going to be good practice leading into Grime Time 2!

Leone Phelps

Smash Rookie
NNID
LeonePhelps
I'm going to try and make it again today! Hopefully I don't oversleep. In the facebook group someone posted about having 7 starters at their events; are there any plans to try that at this event?

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I'm going to try and make it again today! Hopefully I don't oversleep. In the facebook group someone posted about having 7 starters at their events; are there any plans to try that at this event?
That was Vayseth, if it goes over well at his events I may very well adopt his stagelist t future events :)

Leone Phelps

Smash Rookie
NNID
LeonePhelps
That was Vayseth, if it goes over well at his events I may very well adopt his stagelist t future events :)
Very cool, starting on smashville every game used to be fine but now it's getting kind of annoying. Couple the inevitability of playing it in tourney with needing to practice it with friends at home and it gets very stale very quickly hahah

Dkdudeman

Aspiring Gardener
NNID
Dkdudeman
3DS FC
3909-7930-2878
I'm totally bringing friends this time who are looking for their first slice of competitive action.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Reminder that there will be no Weekly on 3-5 due to Schoolcraft being on Spring break. Sorry to take a 1 week break guys, see you all at Rebirth on the 7th and then Weekly #3 on the 12th!

Nominate10

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-3932-8404
Very cool, starting on smashville every game used to be fine but now it's getting kind of annoying. Couple the inevitability of playing it in tourney with needing to practice it with friends at home and it gets very stale very quickly hahah
idk dude. I've played on smashville a ton ever since my first tournament two years ago (and still do) and it hardly ever gets stale for me.
IMO it's still one of the most neutral stages in Smash 4.

Leone Phelps

Smash Rookie
NNID
LeonePhelps
idk dude. I've played on smashville a ton ever since my first tournament two years ago (and still do) and it hardly ever gets stale for me.
IMO it's still one of the most neutral stages in Smash 4.
I agree that it's definitely one of the most neutral and understand why it gets played so often in tournament, I just kinda dislike playing the same map all the time ya know? A couple people yesterday lost game 1 on smashville and still went back to it, I could never do that. It's just a difference in opinion probably. Whenever I play friendlies I like doing random select between all legal maps cause that's just more fun to me
BTW I think you've been at every event I've gone to and we haven't played, we should try to get some friendlies in! Your sets always seem to bring a lot of hype (you vs seth at PP2 and you vs oblivion at GT2 both had me hype)

Nominate10

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-3932-8404
Then just strike smashville. :l
The 3 stage starter list is just very easy and very convenient. Makes tourneys run faster IMO.

And sure! I'm always down for friendlies. I usually make it out to everything in Livonia and Ann Arbor as well.

Leone Phelps

Smash Rookie
NNID
LeonePhelps
I play pikachu so if I strike smashville they will strike battlefield cause QACs and we're stuck on FD, I think smashville gets stale but it's definitely more fun than FD. I'm okay with playing smashville just wouldn't mind more variety. I understand in a tourney setting though neutrality > fun

I'll most likely be at rebirth on saturday, hopefully we can get games in. I have 0 lucario experience and I never got to do that random select $1 MM so whatever piques your interest just let me know!

Dkdudeman

Aspiring Gardener
NNID
Dkdudeman
3DS FC
3909-7930-2878
I hate Battlefield and FD is my favorite starter stage. I'm always afraid to strike Smashville, so I just put up with it.

Sparky15

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Elec-Wolf
3DS FC
2578-3364-0347
If I am not mistaken, I heard one of the entrants that runs the event stated that this weekly is also hosted on Saturdays. I wasn't too sure, but I just wanted to make sure. It'd be really fantastic!

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
If I am not mistaken, I heard one of the entrants that runs the event stated that this weekly is also hosted on Saturdays. I wasn't too sure, but I just wanted to make sure. It'd be really fantastic!
There are no weeklies on Saturdays, but if you are in the facebook group you will see which Saturdays/Sunday's have events

Sparky15

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Elec-Wolf
3DS FC
2578-3364-0347
There are no weeklies on Saturdays, but if you are in the facebook group you will see which Saturdays/Sunday's have events
Ah... It was probably a different event, then. My bad. Regardless, I will certainly come to every weekly in the future! Err... as long as I have another $10 to spend. XD Also, is there a link in order to get to the FB group page?

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Hey @ Ori_bro Ori_bro you guys got anything planned for the summer?
I have these weeklies lined up until 4/30/15 other than that I have Rebirth III planned for April 18th. I'm going to try and host something big in the summer sometime, but it is going to be a HUGE summer for Smash with CEO, EVO, SKTAR 4 and other big events.

Nominate10

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-3932-8404
Hey this will be my first ever tournament and i was wondering if i have to use a wired gc controller. I got more used to the pro controller and i wanted to use that.
You can used a pro controller, just make sure you desync it from the setup after you finish playing there to avoid it interfering with other players.

ghassan

Smash Rookie
You can used a pro controller, just make sure you desync it from the setup after you finish playing there to avoid it interfering with other players.
Okay thanks. Is there a way to unsync just the one controller?

Nominate10

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-3932-8404
Taking the batteries out should do the trick. I don't own one myself though, so I don't know if there's a better way. I've just seen wireless controllers prevent people from starting matches because they would idle on the character select screen and not let you turn their player off (not intentionally, of course).

Ramzy

ROCKMAN
After playing just press the sync button on your controller and it'll blink for a few seconds before desyncing, but if you press any face buttons it will reconnect. So just watch for that.

Top Bottom