• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [Jul 23, 2015] Project Playhem Weeklies - Series Cancelled details in OP (Livonia, MI)

Eternal Blue Syaoran

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlueEternal
We had a good amount of people today. It was fun, also learned a few things about some match ups XD. Thanks Nom for the information, it helped me in my match.

Also it was odd to actually have people want to challenge me. Usually I am used to me bugging people for matches and people not wanting to fight me XD.
Good games to everyone I fought in friendlies and in tournament.

Shammonx

Smash Cadet
NNID
Shammon
Better than my last tourney attempt, there were pools before the bracket, and I landed in a three man sheik pool as a DK main.

So many fairs.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
With the most recent patch and the new DLC I will be editing the Pulse Ruleset before this weekly. Likely going to announce the changes tonight or tomorrow night.

Eternal Blue Syaoran

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlueEternal
Where the heck has Rayquaza been, and even Ksev didn't show up today.. Odd. XD But still was a fun event. Was there a lot of new people or something at this one...? I didn't feel like I knew most the people this time.

Eternal Blue Syaoran

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlueEternal
Going to try my best to show up tomorrow. Tomorrow is a busy work day and I am not sure if I will have to stay later or not. (I do shipping and receiving... and if a truck decides to come after we close I have to stay... yay...)
I am hoping a lot of the regulars I know will show up. It's cool we still are getting our high numbers of entries though... I just hope people aren't quitting smash...

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Hoping to see everyone tonight, this could be the last PPW so let's make it an amazing event.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
why? O .o are we getting shut down? DX
I believe you may not be a FB users Eternal, but stuff has changed this afternoon so here is the TL;DR of everything.

TL;DR said:
• Schoolcraft wants to increase percentage they take per event and their first offer is a bit high for Pulse and most TOs.
• We are currently working with them to find a middle ground.
• Though, in the mean time they have given us the ability to use the space for the rest of summer (July/August).
• When September comes around we have to have a solution.

Last edited:

XCervelliX

Smash Rookie
Hey, me and a friend may be a little late to registrations, could we still sign up if we are like 5 or 10 minutes late? If not is there a way we could sign up on here or something?

Eternal Blue Syaoran

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlueEternal
@ori: That sucks, hopefully something can work out so our project playhem weeklies will continue. Even though I haven't done that good lately, I still enjoy coming. XD It would suck to lose Smash. Also, no I don't have a facebook... but I might need to make one to keep up with events.

@XCervelliX:Generally they are pretty reasonable if you are a little late. His number is on the front page, I would recommend texting him or calling if a situation comes up. I had to do it my first time and they were all very nice about it.

@Ramzy: Good games and friendlies. Next time we play I'll use people I'm more familiar with or just stick with Rosalina and Luma, hopefully they were fun to you. XD

@Others: Good games to my tournament matches and friendlies I played. If anyone ever wants to play just let me know next time and we will try to sneak some in there.

Sparky15

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Elec-Wolf
3DS FC
2578-3364-0347
Err... you will add info about out 2v2 and 3v3 go, right? Like payouts and stuff? This is new territory to me. '~'

Dynabomb

Smash Rookie
So i have been watching project playhem over the past 2 weeks and this thursday will be my first tournament do you have any advice on how to get a parnter(s).

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Uh, can my little brother enter? He's much better than I am, and I think he can be very good if he starts playing now. He's about 12 going on 13.
Yes! There is no age restriction.

Yo 2v2s and 3v3s? Sounds good to me! Can't wait to see Game and Watch and Villager slowly take over the meta. This gonna be every week?
Every 9 PPWs we do a teams centric PPW

Also, does the Wii U have the DLC fighters? My brother's main is Lucas, so I just want to know.
All WiiUs must have the DLC, so yes Lucas will be available on every setup.

Sparky15

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Elec-Wolf
3DS FC
2578-3364-0347
Uhh... are Doubles and Squads starting at separate times or simultaneously because I'd love to enter both.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Hey guys, the results thread for PPW 18 will likely be up on Sunday sometime. I'm currently in Indianapolis and don't have a computer with me to create the results thread. So check back Sunday if you'd like to see it. Until then, here are the bracket links.

pulse-gaming.challonge.com/PPW18_2v2
pulse-gaming.challonge.com/PPW18_3v3

Last edited:

supersmash4_

Smash Rookie
NNID
EricAJ
Iv been looking for local smash 4 tournaments for days and I finally found one. I'm new on smash boards and trying to get into the competetive scene and his looks like a great way to start! I hope to be there on Thursday!

Top Bottom