• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North [Aug 16, 2015] Smash Quest- Smash 4 (Flushing, New York)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sneaky boy Nick

Smash Journeyman
We now do both a saturday and sunday tourney!

Super Smash Bros Tournament:
Registration Time: 4:00 PM
Start Time: 5:00 PM
Venue Fee: $5
Braket Fee: $5
Entry money is entered into prize pool
First Place: 60% of Prize Pool
Second Place : 35% of Prize Pool
Third Place: 10% of the Prize Pool
Double Elimination (Loser's Bracket)
Bring your own controller
GameCube Adapter available!

Custom: ON (maybe not lol)

PROJECT M moved to fridays

Last edited:

Starfall11

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4227-1720-3560
I would attend this if I didn't live 4 hours away... Damn.

Troyfullbuster

Smash Cadet
NNID
Troyfullbuster
@sneakyboynick Hey do you mind adding the bracket to the rankings so we can claim our points?

Thank you man also thank you again for having me had a good time

Last edited:

Sneaky boy Nick

Smash Journeyman
Where in the mall is it?
New world mall, by the queens library

@sneakyboynick Hey do you mind adding the bracket to the rankings so we can claim our points?

Thank you man also thank you again for having me had a good time
The challonge account isn't mine, you'll have to talk to a guy named anthony who also TOs or perhaps the manager, david

Prid3

Smash Rookie
Hi, is there a chance for there to be Melee tournaments in the future. I live close by but my lack of experience with PM makes me a bit hesitant to go.

Last edited:

Sneaky boy Nick

Smash Journeyman
Hi, is there a chance for there to be Melee tournaments in the future. I live close by but my lack of experience with PM makes me a bit hesitant to go.
Honestly the PM scene has been dead as **** for the last two weeks, can't say it would happen. I was thinking of removing the PM marker because the last PM tourney was weeks ago. Another TO just insisted I use it despite this. What do you think?

Prid3

Smash Rookie
Honestly the PM scene has been dead as **** for the last two weeks, can't say it would happen. I was thinking of removing the PM marker because the last PM tourney was weeks ago. Another TO just insisted I use it despite this. What do you think?
Just my two cents. Both PM and Smash 4 have a different appeal. PM is directed to the competitive audience while Smash 4 is directed to the casual audience. I'm not sure how your locals is, but usually the casual audience outweighs the competitive audience. This being said, a lot of people I know don't even know what PM is due to it being a mod. I would try putting melee into your locals due to it being a more popular title.

Sneaky boy Nick

Smash Journeyman
Just my two cents. Both PM and Smash 4 have a different appeal. PM is directed to the competitive audience while Smash 4 is directed to the casual audience. I'm not sure how your locals is, but usually the casual audience outweighs the competitive audience. This being said, a lot of people I know don't even know what PM is due to it being a mod. I would try putting melee into your locals due to it being a more popular title.
I'd have to talk to local regulars to see if they'd be interested. We have a PM setup at cardquest so people know what it is.

Last edited:

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
So the Smash 4 tournament is next week right?

BeizlFreiz

Smash Rookie
for smash 4 can I use a 3ds as my controller and can I use an alternative control setup?

NitronicGamer

Smash Rookie
NNID
NitronicGamer
Im looking forward to going. Im only 20 minutes away and this looks like a cool community. Now i just need to finish up with exams xD

Thedreamteam

Smash Rookie
Do you do tournaments for both pm and smash 4 ? On Saturday and Sunday or you do it separately also can you please tell me what transportation I can take cause I live In farockaway my mom ight drive me and my 4 others also we only have use game cube remotes for smash 4 is that ok ?

Last edited:

Sneaky boy Nick

Smash Journeyman
Do you do tournaments for both pm and smash 4 ? On Saturday and Sunday or you do it separately also can you please tell me what transportation I can take cause I live In farockaway my mom ight drive me and my 4 others also we only have use game cube remotes for smash 4 is that ok ?
PM is likely canceled until further notice as of now. But Smash 4 is both days of the week. You can get here via the 7th train. You'd have to take a train to 74th and Broadway most likely.

Sneaky boy Nick

Smash Journeyman
We now do both a saturday and sunday tourney!

Super Smash Bros Tournament:
Entry Fee: $5
First Place: 50% of Prize Pool
Second Place : 25% of Prize Pool
Third Place: $5
GameCube Adapter available!

Custom: OFF

Project M Tournament:
Entry Fee: $5
First Place: 50% of Prize Pool
Second Place : 25% of Prize Pool
Third Place: $5

PROJECT M CANCELED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
Smash 4 cancel for this sunday

intothehollow

Smash Rookie
Will you guys be hosting a Smash 4 tournament the 23rd? And do I have to bring any equipment or is it all set up besides the controllers?

Thedreamteam

Smash Rookie
Yo nick the tournament last Saturday was awesome thanks for the amazing experience man also we want to help build up the tournament you hold in flushing and helping get a stream set up plus commentary were getting summer jobs so if you end up buying stuff you need for your locals we'd love to chip in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom