• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North [Sep 27, 2015] Nebulous PM Weekly [Project:M] [Smash 4 WiiU] (New York, NY)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingsGambit27

Smash Cadet
Well you don't have to be there until the very end unless it starts/runs late, or you make it to grand finals. So chances are you could get out earlier, but I've only attended one so I can't speak to what time most people are free.
The tournament usually ends before 10PM. That said, considering we are expecting considerable growth, that may vary a bit more as we go into our 2015 season.

m1n1r4z0r (goku)

Smash Rookie
NNID
m1n1r4z0r
3DS FC
2621-3098-2397
I've got a question. Are we allowed to use wireless controllers such as the wii u pro controller and/or 3DS for smash 4?

Joosie

Smash Rookie
Hi, As someone trying to go to their first tournament, what do I need to bring? I could bring my WiiU setup with a GC controller adapter, but I don't have all the custom moves unlocked. Is this still a good setup? I'm a bit confused about the custom moves ruleset.

GroovyPokemon

Smash Rookie
Where's the venue? There's a group outside of 118 Baxter Street is the venue on a floor?

KingsGambit27

Smash Cadet
I've got a question. Are we allowed to use wireless controllers such as the wii u pro controller and/or 3DS for smash 4?
Yes, you are allowed to use them but you must make sure to take the batteries out of the wireless controller when you are not playing a match, so that you do not accidentally influence other player's games.

KingsGambit27

Smash Cadet
Where's the venue? There's a group outside of 118 Baxter Street is the venue on a floor?
I have changed the picture in the thread to show the outside of the venue. That said, there is no tournament today because the owners are doing renovations on the tournament space. I'm sorry about the inconvenience, I posted a PSA on the Facebook group but forgot to change it here. I hope the people did't wait outside for Nebulous too long. :(

GroovyPokemon

Smash Rookie
I have changed the picture in the thread to show the outside of the venue. That said, there is no tournament today because the owners are doing renovations on the tournament space. I'm sorry about the inconvenience, I posted a PSA on the Facebook group but forgot to change it here. I hope the people did't wait outside for Nebulous too long. :(
Thanks, will the Facebook Group be updated to say whenever the next tournament is? It's going to be my first tournament so I want to try my best to attend.

KingsGambit27

Smash Cadet
Yes, please stay tuned for the Group update. If you are a member you will also get an automatic invite when I create the event. See you there!

GroovyPokemon

Smash Rookie
With this being my first tournament I have a few questions but my main question is
how do sign ups work? Is it based off of the names of those who respond to the Facebook group? If so my Facebook name is just an alias I use online. Also if someone just wants to watch do they have to pay just the venue fee?

Last edited:

KingsGambit27

Smash Cadet
With this being my first tournament I have a few questions but my main question is
how do sign ups work? Is it based off of the names of those who respond to the Facebook group? If so my Facebook name is just an alias I use online. Also if someone just wants to watch do they have to pay just the venue fee?

You got it, spectators just have to pay the venue fee. Sign ups are done in the venue, just make sure you are there on time for registration! I suggest getting there at least 30 minutes before the event starts so that you can sign up and get some friendlies in.

Blue Lotus

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0860-3705-0219
I feel like this is a dumb question so i apologize but can i connect my 3ds and play the tournament like that or do they provide us controllers or something ? Again , aorry for the dumb question

Blue Lotus

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0860-3705-0219
This pretty much is my first and i don't know if they provide us with controllers or i can connect my 3ds to the wii u and use that as a controller .

s7ug

Smash Rookie
Random question, but if I have plans for the evening and can't stay for the tourney, can I still bring my Wii-U in to get all the customs unlocked? I plan to start regularly attending these, but I already have dinner plans for Valentine's day and the GF would not be happy if I bailed out for a sm4sh tourney.

KingsGambit27

Smash Cadet
Random question, but if I have plans for the evening and can't stay for the tourney, can I still bring my Wii-U in to get all the customs unlocked? I plan to start regularly attending these, but I already have dinner plans for Valentine's day and the GF would not be happy if I bailed out for a sm4sh tourney.
Totally understand. And yes, stop by to get the customs unlocked.

Xmark

Smash Apprentice
yes! 7 dollar fee is actually a lot lighter on my wallet sense im trying to bring a person with me to the venue

t1de

Smash Rookie
Do you think people would be interested if I bring a n64 console with 4 controllers for friendlies?

KingsGambit27

Smash Cadet
Do you think people would be interested if I bring a n64 console with 4 controllers for friendlies?
We have plenty of CRTs, but currently don't have enough outlets (there is a lot of wiring work that still needs to be done), so I think that would be cool but depending on the state of the venue we may need those outlets for tourney setups. That said, In the project M room there is sometimes a free TV at the end. So bring your setup and see what happens.

Snakeee

Smash Master
Where's the results? Also ggs to everyone I played. I did a lot better than I thought apparently : )

Last edited:

Conti

Smash Ace
Where's the results? Also ggs to everyone I played. I did a lot better than I thought apparently : )
GGs dude, I feel the same way, our close Set going to last hit Game3 was the highlight of my tourny honestly [i thought i was going to do crappy when i heard 71 entrants and customs were legal (have no clue what like 90% of them do) lol, content with 13th at my 1st big WiiU tourny], and for u to do so well from there is awesome. Good stuff, gives me hope honestly.
On a side note, I'm so happy i finally made it to a nebs despite doing horrendous in P:M {was a wakeup call for me tbh, I switched Mains and am picking up Melee cause of it, cant rely on Brawl Diddy stuff + PM things forever}, GGs to everyone in both games tho honestly,

This is to the Nebs Staff :D
But yeah, You guys put in alot of work for the community at Nebs and gave NYC a really sick place to play Smash. Can't wait to come again sometime, gotta save money and find a day and a ride perhaps. But yeah, Was a really sick event, def best venue ive been to so far in the tri-state area in terms of Room, Setups and Skill Level spectrum of players. It was chilly but i understand that situation.
Pretty good T.O'ing aswell
{I would note as a fellow T.O. just comin out to chill and smash and i pay attention to everything, and yeah whomever was T.O.ing SmashWiiU that was kinda obnoxious about being stoned/high isn't a good look for the scene/venue tho, It Don't bother me at all {mwahaha ;P} but the typical "straight edge smasher" (that doesn't smoke or do stuff and comes to these events for a legit hobby/escape for recreational fun) finds that stuff "annoying/unprofessional/scummy" and gives them a bad vibe. I'd def talk to people about toning that down in the future (use code words FFS lmao) so it doesnt drive people away (i heard 2 people complaining about it, just lookin out for u guys and "the image of smash as an Esport" <3),
But yeah for multiple events and #s of people, you guys are pretty legit with keeping the tourny on track. I liked the team effort. I honestly wish my Crew members could take a page from that book of helping run a tourny [hopefully in time i can get them up to speed so i don't have to do pretty much everything]
But yeah just some random thoughts on ur Venue. It Was a really fun time all and all and I'll see u all again, Next time i wont get Bopped as easily in P:M [I'm ashamed of my performance tbh] and maybe i can climb to the top spots in WiiU, Thanks for the good time.

- Conti

Last edited:

hjm1025

Smash Rookie
I'm 13 but I do want to get into the competitive seen of smash Wii U, would I really belong there or am I simply to young?

GroovyPokemon

Smash Rookie
Another one of my questions, as whenever I am able to go will be my first time participating in one of these. When we are signing up at the event, do we have to sign a nickname or tag for ourselves?

MASTER719

Smash Apprentice
Will there be friendlies throughout the entire tournament or just the slotted time?

ライオン

Smash Cadet
NNID
RiotSword
3DS FC
5214-9919-0198
I probably won't be going this Sunday. I need a little break so that I can correct the mistakes I often make with Roy. I need to hit the lab a bit more.

Broccoli

Smash Cadet
Ayo, Broccoli here.

Is anyone currently working on a custom Stage Select Screen / music for Nebs PM?

I currently have a build that I made specifically for nebs if Guru or someone from FS wants to add me on skype and pick it up. Working on a music pack too if people want to make suggestions.

The SSS is the most recent from this week, March 8th. (Distant Planet and no Yoshi's Melee).

Let me know.

Last edited:

Seiniyta

Smash Cadet
I'm curious, is there any stream for smash 4 for the one today? And are there any vods of previous nebolous weeklies on twitch/youtube?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom