• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North [Sep 12, 2015] Excelsior Comics and Games Smash 4 (Maynard, Ma)

Excelsior Games

Smash Cadet
Excelsior Comics and Games is hosting a weekly Super Smash Bros 4 tournament

Venue fee will be $5. This is the come and play fee, this fee can be waved by bring a setup. (Console, Controllers, Non-Hdmi Connectors or a HDMI compatable TV and a Copy of Smash 4.)
If bringing a setup, Please arrive at least 30 minutes in advance to get it all set up.

Pre-Regristration will be from 12:30 Pm to 1:00 Pm
Tournament will begin at 1:00 Pm and continue till a final victor is reached.
Tournament entry fee will be $3, and that will be paid out as prizes to the Top 3 in cash.

Top 3 Payouts:
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

Smash 4 Ruleset:

Smash 4 Wii U Rules
2 Stocks
6 Minute Timer
Team Attack on
Custom moves banned
Mii Fighters banned

Stagelist

Starters:
Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville

Counter Picks:
Delfino Plaza
Halberd
Castle Siege
Lylat Cruise
Town and City

**if you ban FD, you ban all forms of it.**

Parking is available behind the Jiffy Lube located at 3 Powder Mill Rd, Maynard, MA 01754.
Temporary parking for setup drop offs is available next to the building to the left when facing the building. This is not permanent parking.

Spread the word! Hopefully we can make this a regular event for all the smashers out there!

Questions comments or concerns,
Email us at
Excelsior@Excelsiorcomicsandgames.com

Smash happy!
Bobby

Lamb64

Smash Rookie

Venue fee will be $5. This is the come and play fee, this fee can be waved by bring a setup. (Console, Controllers, Non-Hdmi Connectors or a HDMI compatable TV and a Copy of Smash 4.)
If bringing a setup, Please arrive at least 30 minutes in advance to get it all set up.

Tournament entry fee will be $3, and that will be paid out as prizes to the Top 3 in cash.

Top 3 Payouts:

Smash 4 Ruleset:

Smash 4 Wii U Rules
2 Stocks
6 Minute Timer
Team Attack on
Custom moves banned
Mii Fighters banned

Stagelist

Starters:
Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville

Counter Picks:
Delfino Plaza
Halberd
Castle Siege
Lylat Cruise
Town and City

Parking is available behind the Jiffy Lube located at 3 Powder Mill Rd, Maynard, MA 01754.
Temporary parking for setup drop offs is available next to the building to the left when facing the building. This is not permanent parking.

Spread the word! Hopefully we can make this a regular event for all the smashers out there!

Email us at

Smash happy!
Bobby

Top 3 Payouts:

Smash 4 Ruleset:

Smash 4 Wii U Rules
2 Stocks
6 Minute Timer
Team Attack on
Custom moves banned
Mii Fighters banned

Stagelist

Starters:
Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville

Counter Picks:
Delfino Plaza
Halberd
Castle Siege
Lylat Cruise
Town and City

Email us at

Smash happy!
Bobby
awesome! I hope to come soon,

Pickles_211

Smash Rookie
My brother and I can't make it to this one, but if it becomes a regular event, there's a high chance that both of us will come as often as we can.

Space Mom Jojo

Smash Cadet
NNID
JojoMirabelle
Hi, I just wanted to make a small request for future events.

Now I can't speak for the rest of New England, but I know for a fact that there's a large number of people out there who are frustrated with the two-stock format that every other local venue is running. Usually two-stock is a way to make events run faster. However, Excelsior has so much space compared to other venues and isn't as much of a pain in the ass to spend an entire day in. I don't think it would be a bad idea to have this venue push 3 stock/8 minute rulesets to set just one example to the local scene. 2 stock matches disallow comebacks and make the game a lot more prone to having playstyles that make the game less interesting to spectate. 3 stocks makes it a lot easier for upsets to happen and the extra 2 minutes per match isn't going to be ticked away every single game. At most I think a singles event would last an extra 2 hours from a 2 stock match, if it was a fairly large tourney.

Doubles Brackets don't attract -new- people to a venue the same way that a singles one would. I personally would rather play in a singles bracket that took all day than splitting the day between a Doubles Bracket and a 2-stock singles one. Nobody really wins if most of the time is spent on teams, honestly. If people play for glory, as they say, it's best to focus on the 1v1 matches until the venue's attendance has a larger following.

So that's my take on it, and I hope today's event goes well. If there aren't any plans in place to get Excelsior streaming, I'll talk to some people and see if I can't help out with that. Take care!

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
When does this end normally?

Space Mom Jojo

Smash Cadet
NNID
JojoMirabelle
Hi, so the event actually happened last weekend on the 18th. I don't know if the venue can do Weekly smash 4 events, but if there's enough interest we can. 33 players entered singles for our monthly. If we can get 12 people consistently each week then I think that will be doable. How many people would be interested in Excelsior Smash 4 Weeklies?

Magikarp Lv100

Fish Pokémon
NNID
MagikarpLv19
What kind of player turn out does this event average?

I'm in MA for work and would love to swing by and compete. I can bring a 2ms monitor and a wii in with adapter.

Last edited:

Excelsior Games

Smash Cadet
We are going to be setting up for weekly smash 4 every Saturday for anyone interested. If there are people who want to play, we will make something work. We are working towards being a community driven place for smashers to be able to play and hang out. We are also ALWAYS looking for feed back.

Excelsior
adjective, Latin.
1. ever upward

Lets keep going!

Accog

Smash Rookie
We are going to be setting up for weekly smash 4 every Saturday for anyone interested. If there are people who want to play, we will make something work. We are working towards being a community driven place for smashers to be able to play and hang out. We are also ALWAYS looking for feed back.

Excelsior
adjective, Latin.
1. ever upward

Lets keep going!

Top Bottom