• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pacific West [Aug 7, 2015] Last PM @ The Office before Hiatus (San Marcos CA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kid1999

Smash Rookie
IF I'm able to go I will sign up for singles, at least. I just wanted to know if we would be able to play the majority of the time. Thanks :)

Jawstinn

Smash Rookie
Hello, I would just like to know if this a weekly event or if there is any other PM events around the San Marcos/San Diego area. Really new to the Smash Community and I've been wanting to play a lot more recently. Just been wondering if there are places just to practice around also. Thank you for the information in advance!

Segarin

Smash Apprentice
IF I'm able to go I will sign up for singles, at least. I just wanted to know if we would be able to play the majority of the time. Thanks :)
Yeah we got friendlies rolling as much as we can, we open up setups for friendlies as the night rolls along and we have friendlies for about an hour or so before doubles even starts, 5:30 is the earliest time to show up. The Venue will not be open before then.

Segarin

Smash Apprentice
Hello, I would just like to know if this a weekly event or if there is any other PM events around the San Marcos/San Diego area. Really new to the Smash Community and I've been wanting to play a lot more recently. Just been wondering if there are places just to practice around also. Thank you for the information in advance!
There are 2 weeklies in North County San Diego, this every friday and then PM in the PM every Monday in Oceanside. That also has an event page here on smashboards. you should join the fb group tho to find training partners https://www.facebook.com/groups/SanDiegoPM/

Segarin

Smash Apprentice
I go to PM in the PM every monday with a buddy of mine who goes to CSUSM, I go to Palomar, so if u ever need a ride or anything like that, i'd be able to take u w/ us

Mashu Koria

Smash Apprentice
Sorry guys I was planning to come today but my friend ditched last second; parents aren't comfortable with me coming alone.
Coming next week if my friend doesn't ditch...

Mashu Koria

Smash Apprentice
I'll be sure to check it out if I'm in the area at the time.
Yeah it's really cool I'd definitely recommend going.
The cool thing about this scene is that after they kick your ass they give you some tips, and you learn from those to get too their level.
It might be a small tourney, but the players there are REALLY quality.

espike7

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4399-0330-8114
Hey I'm just starting out with melee, but this is one of the only weeklies in my area. Would it be cool if I brought my gamecube to one of these for friendlies or something? I'd be down to play PM too, but it would be nice to have someone to play against in melee.

Mashu Koria

Smash Apprentice
Hey I'm just starting out with melee, but this is one of the only weeklies in my area. Would it be cool if I brought my gamecube to one of these for friendlies or something? I'd be down to play PM too, but it would be nice to have someone to play against in melee.
Yeah last night we had a Gamecube that we set upon a small TV in the back with Melee. I think that might've been because we didn't have an extra PM setup, but I don't know for sure. You should still bring it next Friday and ask Stefan ( @ Segarin Segarin ) when you get there.

Last edited:

Segarin

Smash Apprentice
Yeah man, We're mainly directed towards PM, but I would say that pretty much all of our top PM players also play melee and would be totally down to play with you. We reserve setups for tournament matches first, but as soon as the tourney gets into the later rounds setups free up and we almost always have 1 setup dedicated to melee once we have the space available.

m0NtÉ

Smash Rookie
Sounds like a blast! But I could use some clarification on the schedule (times on Saturday/Friday) and what games will be played when (as @ Tristan's Rule Tristan's Rule mentioned Sm4sh and no one else here has). Either way, I will try to make it for the next one!

Segarin

Smash Apprentice
Sounds like a blast! But I could use some clarification on the schedule (times on Saturday/Friday) and what games will be played when (as @ Tristan's Rule Tristan's Rule mentioned Sm4sh and no one else here has). Either way, I will try to make it for the next one!
We have dropped our Saturday tournaments so we only host on Friday Nights now. We host Project M tournaments, however we do play melee after the tournament is over. Doubles always starts at 6:30 PM and Singles always starts right around 8 PM. Smash 4 has not been featured and we do not have any future plans to host it.

LordBac0nUS

Smash Rookie
Yo dude, I kinda screwed up at gamestop. I wanted to get into the Project M competitive tournaments but I love playing on Smash 4. So I bought a fightpad controller recently. So is it cool if I could borrow a controller? I want to participate so badly.

Segarin

Smash Apprentice
Yo dude, I kinda screwed up at gamestop. I wanted to get into the Project M competitive tournaments but I love playing on Smash 4. So I bought a fightpad controller recently. So is it cool if I could borrow a controller? I want to participate so badly.
We have a couple controllers lying around the office, I cant promise that they'll be in top shape tho, but they should be sufficient until ur able to get ur own controller :D

LordBac0nUS

Smash Rookie
Okay, that's great! I just found out I live about 16 mins away! Not including traffic! Bringing a friend for doubles.

Another question, is this tournament open to all ages, well reasonable ages like 8+?

Last edited:

Tristan's Rule

The Link of SoCal
Slippi.gg
RULE#492
Okay, that's great! I just found out I live about 16 mins away! Not including traffic! Bringing a friend for doubles.

Another question, is this tournament open to all ages, well reasonable ages like 8+?
Yeah my brother and I are both under 18, and there are several other guys who are around 14-17, 8+ is totally cool man

coolmiguel123

Smash Rookie
NNID
Coolmiguel123
O
Doubles start around 6:30 and Singles starts around 8. So if u show up at 7:10, u'd have time to sign up for singles.
ohh yeah also I don't like using GameCube control I would prefer if I can use the wii u game pad do I bring my own or do you guys have any I can use

Segarin

Smash Apprentice
We dont h
O

ohh yeah also I don't like using GameCube control I would prefer if I can use the wii u game pad do I bring my own or do you guys have any I can use
we dont hosr smash 4 wii u, so gamepad will do u little good, this is a project M tournament only, sorry if there was any confusion

Mashu Koria

Smash Apprentice
Great showing tonight, I think 20 - 30 people were there and it was loud and crazy and awesome.
I'll come again in 2 weeks.

Last edited:

m0NtÉ

Smash Rookie
This morning, I was re-installing the setup I brought last night and my wii is missing its gamecube port door. Anyone run into it while packing up? Mine was the setup with the small tv outside. Thanks!

Segarin

Smash Apprentice
This morning, I was re-installing the setup I brought last night and my wii is missing its gamecube port door. Anyone run into it while packing up? Mine was the setup with the small tv outside. Thanks!
I will keep my eye open for it next time I am in the Office.

Ferntendo

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ferntendo128
3DS FC
2724-0900-1828
I'd love to go but I have to see if any of my friends are willing to give me a ride first. ;^;

Ferntendo

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ferntendo128
3DS FC
2724-0900-1828
We don't have internet at the Office unfortunately, We are working on getting a recording setup, our old recording setup broke a little while ago due to my laptop sucking **** and essentially exploding (real story).
Damn. That sucks to hear. I hope you guys are able to get a set up soon! I can't wait to go. The event is still going on today, right?

Segarin

Smash Apprentice
Damn. That sucks to hear. I hope you guys are able to get a set up soon! I can't wait to go. The event is still going on today, right?
yessir, Im gonna try to get the venue and start cleaning up the room around 4:30. If u dont mind a mess u can come early and play while I prep the venue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom