• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North Havenshine Smash 4 Weekly

Havenshine Smash 4 Weekly
Posted by DJ Delta
The Gameing Palace
Thursday, November 10, 2016 - 06:00 PM
Until: Thursday, November 10, 2016 - 10:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/New_York)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/New_York

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

DJ Delta

Smash Journeyman
Schedule
6:00pm- doors open/sign-ups
7:30pm*- Smash Wii U Singles bracket**

*Please show up 15 minutes before bracket starts in order to be registered. If you are going to be late, please contact someone at the venue, and adjustments can be made, within reason.

**The last Thursday of every month, DOUBLES will be done INSTEAD of SINGLES, unless otherwise noted.

Venue:$5
Singles: $5

Payout**...
1st- 55%
2nd-30%
3rd 15%

**If less than 11 players enter singles payout will be 65/35/0.

Rules:
All DLC characters are legal.
Singles: 2 stock, 6 minutes
ALL sets best 2 of 3.
Customs OFF
Stage Strike 1-2-1
1 ban per winning player

After a game, the winner must choose their character, followed by the loser, before stage banning and counter picking take place.

Starters:
Smashville
Battlefield
Final Destination
Lylat Crusie
Town and City

Counterpicks:
Duck Hunt
Dreamland
Omega*

*Omega is NOT banned if the player strikes FD

FREE VENUE with setup (includes system, game and GC adapter

POT BONUS:
$1 per player/ $50 for 25+ entries
$10 to a random non-placing player

PARKING is available at lot in front of venue.

DJ Delta

Smash Journeyman
After some discussion Umbra clock Tower has been removed as a counterpick and entry fee as been increased from $3 to the standard $5.

DJ Delta

Smash Journeyman
Would just like to inform everyone that this week, April 21st, the weekly is CANCELLED. I apologize for inconvenience and we should resume next week.

DJ Delta

Smash Journeyman
This week we will be running the standard ruleset again to prepare for Havensmash 9. Wuhu, Kongo, Peach's Caslte will no longer be CPs (Omega is still allowed but no longer separate from FD) and only 1 ban per player. Also we will be doing a Pot Bonus this week:
$1 per player/ $50 for 25+ entries
$10 to a random non-placing player

junior598

Smash Rookie
Hey! Question, do people bring their GC adapters? I don't have one (thinking of getting one soon), but not sure, this would be my first local tourney ever haha

DJ Delta

Smash Journeyman
Hey! Question, do people bring their GC adapters? I don't have one (thinking of getting one soon), but not sure, this would be my first local tourney ever haha
Most people who bring a setup will usually bring their adapter, since most of players use GC controllers. Unless you plan on bringing a setup ( you get free venue if you do) then you don't really need one, just your controller.

junior598

Smash Rookie
Most people who bring a setup will usually bring their adapter, since most of players use GC controllers. Unless you plan on bringing a setup ( you get free venue if you do) then you don't really need one, just your controller.
Ah, cool! Thanks.

Last edited:

DJ Delta

Smash Journeyman
what does the place look like cuz i looked it up on google maps and i found a chinese food place
The Chinese restaurant is the right place, it's just downstairs from it. When you enter, go to the back of restaurant and there should be a flight of stairs, leading into the game/rec room. Also usually about 12-15 people, but we have had as much as 20 plus.

DJ Delta

Smash Journeyman
While this weekly will be for singles, the next weekly (June 2nd) will be a doubles bracket instead. We will also most likely be doing a fun event after if time permits. Though instead of peach's castle, doubles will have kongo jungle as a counterpick.

Last edited:

DJ Delta

Smash Journeyman
Due to all the majors coming, and I want to make sure those traveling get as much meaningful practice as possible, this month we will be using the standard ruleset.

Chris Storti

Smash Rookie
Just to confirm, the event taking place is this thursday correct? I am only asking because i know that you normally do sunday's. Thanks so mucb

DJ Delta

Smash Journeyman
There are both Thursday night and Sunday events. Just Thursday is exclusively for Smash 4, while Sunday is for many other games including Smash. The other difference is Sunday is free entry while Thursday is a $5 entry fee. Hope that clears things up for you.

Chris Storti

Smash Rookie
There are both Thursday night and Sunday events. Just Thursday is exclusively for Smash 4, while Sunday is for many other games including Smash. The other difference is Sunday is free entry while Thursday is a $5 entry fee. Hope that clears things up for you.
Yes! That makes things much easier. Thanks so much!

_20xx_

Smash Rookie
are there smash tourneys on the sundays??

Last edited:

DJ Delta

Smash Journeyman
are the entry fee and venue fee 2 different payments
Yes . The venue fee is what is charged for use of the space, equipment, etc. The entry fee is what is paid to enter the tournament. For example, if you wanted to come by just to play games for fun and not enter the tournament you wouldn't have to pay the entry fee but the venue fee would still be required.

DJ Delta

Smash Journeyman
As announced at the last weekly, the location for the event has changed to Saint Maria Pizzeria. 842 Newport ave, Pawtucket RI. It's about a 5 minute drive from the old location. Also this week we will be doing doubles (as most players decided it was best to do teams at the end of every month). Entry is still $5 per player ($10 per team).

Humphrey

Smash Rookie
What times does the smash 4 tourney typically go until? And on average or even lately, how many people attend?

Humphrey

Smash Rookie
What times does the smash 4 tourney typically go until? And on average or even lately, how many people attend?

DJ Delta

Smash Journeyman
The past few weeks, especially with the summer, we have gotten around 25 give or take the past few weeks. We usually end bracket around 9:30 -10 but people can usually stick around and play till 11 or or so.

Humphrey

Smash Rookie
Oh alright nice. I should be able to bring 4-6 people including me to next weeks tourney.

_20xx_

Smash Rookie
awesome for me its closer to my house instead of a hour its 40 mins so i can go to tournies more often awesome :D

DJ Delta

Smash Journeyman
Just a reminder, this Thursday is doubles bracket instead of single since it is the end of month.

ScreamoPichu

Smash Rookie
NNID
ScreamoPichu
Hello! I'm new to the area and will be showing up to this upcoming weekly, I'm just curious how many usually show up? How big is the scene? (The answer won't affect my attendance, I'm just wondering.)
I'm excited to see a new scene. C:

DJ Delta

Smash Journeyman
I apologize for not responding to this early, but the average attendance is between 20-25 people, with quite a few regulars. I hope you enjoy the RI Smash community!

Zak Krouzek

Smash Rookie
So it's at this Pizza Place across from a CVS. Where should I park and is it downstairs or Upstairs in the pizza place?

DJ Delta

Smash Journeyman
I apologize for the late response, but for future reference yes it is across from the CVS. It's right inside the pizza place, very open layout, and for parking I was instructed to tell people to park across the street at CVS.

DJ Delta

Smash Journeyman
y do it has to be on a thursday :c
It's primarily due to other events being scheduled on other days. There are however bi-weekly tournaments in Providence on Fridays and a new Monday night tournament in Johnston.

Top Bottom