• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North [Sep 27, 2015] Nebulous PM Weekly [Project:M] [Smash 4 WiiU] (New York, NY)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingsGambit27

Smash Cadet

FIND US ON FACEBOOK:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/NebulousPM/

STREAM:
twitch.tv/FreeSaltines

SCHEDULE:
2:00 PM - Setup / Sign In / Register / Friendlies

3:00 PM - Smash WiiU Doubles

3:30 PM - Project M Doubles

4:00 PM - Smash WiiU Singles

4:30 PM - Project M Singles

We start on time so BE on time!

FEES:
$10 Venue ($5 if you bring a WiiU setup)
$5 Per Event ($10 per team for Doubles events)

PAYOUTS (< 64 entrants):
60/30/10

PAYOUTS (>= 64 entrants):
48/22/14/8/4/4
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SM4SH Wii U RULE SET:

* 2 stocks, 6 minutes
* Sets are best of 3. Finals are best of 5.
* Items set to “off” and “none.”

* Custom moves are LEGAL (Using Amazing Ampharos' Customs Project)

* Equipment is banned.

* Mii Fighters are legal.

*Amiibos may not be entered into the tournament (as a sub for the player himself nor as a teammate for doubles).

* Either player may call for a double blind character selection for the first match.

* Quitting out of a match before it is over will result in a loss for the player who quit.

* If time runs out, the player who is winning by stock and percent is declared the victor. In the case of a stock and percent tie, a 1 stock 3 minute match will be played with the same characters and stage.

* If a match goes to sudden death due to a suicide move, the player who initiated the move is declared the victor.

* No coaching during a match. Consulting someone between matches is allowed as long as it doesn’t hold up the next match.

* Both players may agree to any rule or stage outside the tournament ruleset.

SMASH 4 Wii U STAGE LIST (subject to change):

2 bans per player for singles, 2 bans per team for Doubles

Starter Stages:

Battlefield
Final Destination
SmashVille

Counterpick Stages:

Battleship Halberd
Kongo Jungle
Delfino Plaza
Castle Siege
Lylat Cruise
Town and City
Omega FD (banning FD bans this CP as well)

Set procedure:

1. Before the set begins,the the players engage in rock paper scissors. The loser strikes the first neutral stage, then the winner strikes the second one. Game one is played on the remaining neutral stage.

2. After game one, the winning player bans two stages, meaning that the losing player cannot counterpick to those stages (banning Final Destination bans the ability to pick any variant of Final Destination).

3. The loser announces their counterpick stage.

4. The winner announces their character.

5. The loser selects a character and then the next game begins. Repeat this process until one player has won two games (or three in finals).

PROJECT M RULE SET:

* 4 stock, 8 minutes.
* Sets are best of 3. Finals are best of 5.
* Items set to “off” and “none.”

* Either player may call for a Double Blind character selection for the first match.

* Dave’s Stupid Rule: A player may not counterpick any stage he won on in a set. There is no DSR in best of 5 sets.

* Controller port is determined by Rock Paper Scissors if it can’t be agreed upon. For doubles, the controller ports must be 1-2-2-1.

* For doubles, Team Attack is on and life stealing is allowed. Remember that Attack+Special, not the Pause button, is used to steal lives.

* Pausing during a match, unless okayed by the other player, will result in the loss of one stock for the pauser.

* Quitting out of a match before it is over will result in a loss for the quitter.

* If time runs out, the person with the most stock left (or least % if they are equal) wins. If the % is equal as well, play a 1 stock 3 minute match, same characters and stage.

* If the match goes to sudden death due to a suicide move (Ganon’s side-B, Kirby/DDD’s swallow, holding someone in a grab on a platform as it moves out of the boundaries, etc.), the one who initiated the move wins.

* Buffer set to off.

*** Pause set to "Hold" ***

* Custom controls are allowed, but controllers modified to enhance performance are not. No turbo buttons, etc. However, removing the springs from shoulder buttons or replacing a thumbstick with a different thumbstick are ok.

* Custom music is allowed as long as it’s not too distracting, but any textures or vertex hacks outside of the official team color textures are not.

* If you want to use your own SD card, a TO must overwrite the important game files (not music) in order to make sure there are no modifications. If you are caught cheating with modified game files, you will be immediately DQed without refund and banned from future events.

* In the event that the game crashes or the TV/Wii loses power in the middle of a match, that match will be restarted from the beginning with the same characters and stage. If a player uses a known glitch to intentionally crash the game or otherwise make it unfinishable, that player may be forced to forfeit the match or be DQed at the TO’s discretion.

* No excessive stalling (this includes abusing Jiggs’ Rising Pound and Mario’s Up-B Wall jump)

* No coaching during a match. Consulting someone between matches is allowed as long as it doesn’t hold up the next match.

* Both players may agree to any rule or stage outside the tournament ruleset.

* Giga Bowser is banned.

PROJECT M STAGE LIST:

For the 1st match, stage strike the starter list in 1-2-2-1 fashion. After each match, the winner of the previous match bans 3 stages (Players may counter-pick a stage that they previously banned in the set, but may not counter-pick a stage on which they won). The player who lost the previous match chooses a stage, then the player who won chooses their character, then the player who lost chooses their character.

Starter Stages:

Pokemon Stadium 2
Smashville
Battlefield
Green Hill Zone
Fountain of Dreams
Distant Planet
Yoshi's Island

Counter-pick Stages:

Final Destination
Lylat Cruise
WarioWare
Skyworld
Dreamland
Norfair
Metal Cavern
Yoshi's Story

PROJECT M STAMINA MODE RULE SET:

- 2 stock, 8 minutes, 300HP
- "Type 3" (normal knockback without blastzones)

Same stagelist and counterpick method as regular Project M!

Last edited:

AlmightySo

Smash Apprentice
Yo question about the ruleset cause the stage list for apex 2014 wasnt used last tournament. What ruleset is gonna be used?

KingsGambit27

Smash Cadet
We are currently updating the ruleset. Sorry about the confusion, actually posting this to Facebook right now. We have updated to an edited version of the SKTAR3 ruleset. The rules will be updated shortly so that you can view them.

Last edited:

GuruKid

Smash Ace
I'm down for MM's, any amount is fine with me. And if you're looking for more you're probably better off asking in the FB event when it's created.

KingsGambit27

Smash Cadet
In case anyone has not seen the announcements on Facebook (Which means you should join the event!):

NEBULOUS PM WEEKLY ANNOUNCEMENT #1:

We are obviously now a weekly in NYC :)

NEBULOUS PM WEEKLY ANNOUNCEMENT #2:There is a new stage list! We hope you guys like it, there was a lot of thought put into keeping the stages diverse, especially for neutrals. We will also have a new design for the stream Wii so that everyone can reference the neutrals and counterpicks.

Starter Stages Singles:

Pokemon Stadium 2
Smashville
Battlefield
Green Hill Zone
Fountain Of Dreams
Distant Planet
Yoshi's Island

Counterpick Stages Singles:

Final Destination
Lylat Cruise
WarioWare
Skyworld
Skyloft
Yoshi's Story
Dreamland

NEBULOUS PM WEEKLY ANNOUNCEMENT #3:

Singles will now consistently start at 4:00 PM, regardless of doubles. We should still have plenty of free TVs to run singles, so we didn't see a reason to keep it pushed back to 5:00 PM.

NEBULOUS PM WEEKLY ANNOUNCEMENT #4:

$5 Singles Entry Fee! Buy one more McDonald's meal, fatty. Or subscribe to a stream or something.

Noid.

Smash Rookie
Hey are there still weeklies for Melee at Nebulous? I couldn't find a facebook page for it past the 8th tourney.

GuruKid

Smash Ace
Double post to mention that Doubles will be starting at 2:30pm from now on to accommodate more entrants and avoid heavy overlap with Singles! See everyone there!

AlmightySo

Smash Apprentice
Double post to mention that Doubles will be starting at 2:30pm from now on to accommodate more entrants and avoid heavy overlap with Singles! See everyone there!
Whens the latest i can come to sign up for singles?

tc1

Smash Lord
Would anyone be able to house me saturday night?
I want to go to this but I dont want to NYC twice ://
I'm good practice!

KingsGambit27

Smash Cadet
@ tc1 tc1 you should post in the Nebulous PM + Smash 4 Group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/NebulousPM/

That said, depending on the weekend I may be able to house you. Let's continue the conversation on Facebook though since it's more active.

Edit: We had 21 people for the Smash 4 turnout. Since we were hosting right after KTAR alot of people were probably burnt out but considering our size, still a good result.

Last edited:

Xmark

Smash Apprentice
I really want this game but I also just want to win the WiiU event....
How many wiiu set ups are already available and is there any controller adapters? I can play my main with the wiimote but using a gc controller would be nice.

GuruKid

Smash Ace
Yeah, any GC controller works just fine with the adaptor.

This week will be PM Stamina mode as our third event!

GuruKid

Smash Ace
The venue generally opens around 1pm (they open late on Sundays), but we will need time to set up so plan on coming around 1:30pm.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Project M will be starting at 3pm and Wii U will be starting at 4pm this Sunday! I will alert Gambit to change this in the OP for the future but we'll be alternating start times between the games to keep things fair.

Here is the link to today's event with current start times and ruleset: https://www.facebook.com/events/603483746418470

Last edited:

-RedX-

Smash Lord
@ KingsGambit27 KingsGambit27 , @ GuruKid GuruKid , make sure to lock your results for each bracket you submit. It still let's players claim their points but if you don't lock the results, it doesn't count towards ranking. If you can, try to get as many people to claim their points for last week's turnout and try to list the characters for top 8:
http://smashboards.com/rankings/nebulous-smash-weekly-15-wii-u.3098/event

Claim points for yesterday's tournament here:
http://smashboards.com/rankings/nebulous-smash-weekly-16-wii-u.3203/event
This one should be listed as Large Local since you guys got more than 33 players.

And for yesterday's turnout for PM:
http://smashboards.com/rankings/nebulous-smash-weekly-16-pm.3202/event

Last edited:

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
SMASH 4 Wii U STAGE LIST:

Neutral Stages Singles:

Final Destination (vanilla form)
Battlefield
Yoshi's Island

Counter-pick Stages Singles:

Final Destination (all other forms)
Prism Tower
... What?

I gotta assume this is an error, is this the 3DS Stagelist, because these don't exactly match up the Wii U :p

Last edited:

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Sorry about that. Changed it to the correct stage list now.
Alright now that makes sense. As a fellow Tournament Organizer, I'm happy to see you have a five stage starter list, but I'm also very curious as to why you left a few stages out. You have Delfino Plaza legal, but not Skyloft or Wuhu Island. I know some people think Wuhu is iffy, but we did a stage legality poll with over 400 responses and a huge majority of folks think Skyloft is a perfectly good stage, and I can vouch for it personally as I run it in my events.

I'm also very surprised that I don't see Duck Hunt legal. I can again refer to the survey with large support of it as a counterpick and say how well it works in tournament for my events thus far. I would also love to encourage you to make Pokemon stadium 2 legal as it is legal on anther's Ladder, the largest online smash ladder site and has cause no problems there, along with the same poll supporting it and my personal recommendation, however I understand that one is in the "iffy" category as well.

So, would mind explaining to me the reasoning behind so Skyloft and Duck Hunt, and maybe even Wuhu Island and Pokemon Stadium 2?

SMASH 4 Wii U STAGE LIST (subject to change):

2 bans per player for singles, 2 bans per team for Doubles

Starter Stages:

Battlefield
Final Destination
SmashVille
Town and City
Lylat Cruise

Counterpick Stages:

Battleship Halberd
Kongo Jungle
Delfino Plaza
Castle Siege
Omega FD (banning FD bans this CP as well)

KingsGambit27

Smash Cadet
Alright now that makes sense. As a fellow Tournament Organizer, I'm happy to see you have a five stage starter list, but I'm also very curious as to why you left a few stages out. You have Delfino Plaza legal, but not Skyloft or Wuhu Island. I know some people think Wuhu is iffy, but we did a stage legality poll with over 400 responses and a huge majority of folks think Skyloft is a perfectly good stage, and I can vouch for it personally as I run it in my events.

I'm also very surprised that I don't see Duck Hunt legal. I can again refer to the survey with large support of it as a counterpick and say how well it works in tournament for my events thus far. I would also love to encourage you to make Pokemon stadium 2 legal as it is legal on anther's Ladder, the largest online smash ladder site and has cause no problems there, along with the same poll supporting it and my personal recommendation, however I understand that one is in the "iffy" category as well.

So, would mind explaining to me the reasoning behind so Skyloft and Duck Hunt, and maybe even Wuhu Island and Pokemon Stadium 2?
Sure thing, honestly we don't have it all figured out just yet, and are taking feedback from the tournament as we go. But our reasoning for leaving out those 4 stages was for specific reasons, and even though thats the case, they are still eligible to make the list as time will tell if they are really viable.

Skyloft - There are a lot of walkoffs on this stage and the transformations are completely randomized IIRC.

Duck Hunt - This is still in consideration as a CP, but it was just controversial because of the issue with Ganondorf and Little Mac not being able to double jump up to the high platform (tree second platform). Some argue that's fine for a CP, some would call it straight up stalling.

Wuhu Island - The Wuhu Island Ness glitch. But considering the research thats been put into it and the seemingly decreasing chances of it happening, this could be considered for CP again soon for Nebulous.

Pokemon Stadium 2 - The obstacles of the stage were deemed too disruptive to competitive play, and would either draw matches out or influence the outcome of matches in a way that would skew the ability of players to win solely based off of skill.

I would say that Duck Hunt and Wuhu are the two candidates to make it into the stage list if we make a change soon, considering current testing for each stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom